WHY NOT DOLPH????

barleybear

Dark Match Jobber
I just dont get it. Dolph is the best in ring performer right now. He's more charismatic than any superstar on the roster. He also gets some of the loudest pops at live events. Why does the WWE not believe in him. I thought after Survivor Series that he was going to get the big push and yet just like before i was like a big tease. I mean am I the only person who thinks he could be the top guy if given the right sustainable push. Nothing against Rollins but too me Dolph is much better in ring and on the mic.

I feel the same way as you, but I had to accept that it's just never going to happen, and you need to accept it too. Vince McMahon and/or Triple H for some reason have intense hatred for Dolph Ziggler and refuse to make him the top star he should be. They've labelled him as "injury-prone" despite missing only a month and a half out of a 7 year career, ignoring the fact that virtually every top star in the industry whose last name isn't "Hart" or "Jericho" missed substantially more time than that at some point.

Vince doesn't see Dolph Ziggler as someone worth investing in, despite the fact that he's head and shoulders above EVERYONE they're pushing. It's never going to happen.

There's a whole lot of opinion being stated as fact there. I too believed that after Survivor Series he would be headed up the ladder but quite frankly I have a hard time getting invested in his character. He has nice moves and okay matches and yes I do mean ok because other than Survivor Series I honestly can't think of any career defining performances he's had. Something is missing and it's probably his persona. Don't get me wrong, I like Dolph but if I turned on wrestling for the first time tonight I would probably guess that his gimmick was that of a male stripper. My favorite wrestler is not going to be a male stripper.

I feel the same way as you, but I had to accept that it's just never going to happen, and you need to accept it too. Vince McMahon and/or Triple H for some reason have intense hatred for Dolph Ziggler and refuse to make him the top star he should be. They've labelled him as "injury-prone" despite missing only a month and a half out of a 7 year career, ignoring the fact that virtually every top star in the industry whose last name isn't "Hart" or "Jericho" missed substantially more time than that at some point.

Vince doesn't see Dolph Ziggler as someone worth investing in, despite the fact that he's head and shoulders above EVERYONE they're pushing. It's never going to happen.

How do you know they have an intense hatred for Dolph Ziggler? If they did, he wouldn't be on TV every week, in PPV's or maybe not even on the roster. Ziggler fills a roll and he seems quite comfortable in it.

Yes he gets huge pops and is a fan favourite, and I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he won the WWE belt, but it's probably not going to happen. There are now others ahead of him. Lesnar, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins have all jumped in front. That's not a reflection on Ziggler, it's a reflection on the fact, that even though fans like him, they like others more.

You could say the same thing about Sheamus, Swagger and others who have been on the roster for a long time, and are really doing nothing. For some their time has gone by and as long as they are still being seen, why is that a bad thing.

Ziggler is hot garbage. He wrestles the same match each time out. He gets beat up 90% of the match while over selling to no end, hits a shitty superkick or two, gets a famasser and that elevated DDT for a long two count, gets thrown by his opponent and lands on his feet, gets a roll up, then either hits his shitty finisher or over sells the opponents finisher and that's the end of it. Not to mention he is akward on the mic.

People care about him, which is good, he fills a role in the midcard, and you need that, but he should never sniff the World Title again.

How do you know they have an intense hatred for Dolph Ziggler? If they did, he wouldn't be on TV every week, in PPV's or maybe not even on the roster. Ziggler fills a roll and he seems quite comfortable in it.

Yes he gets huge pops and is a fan favourite, and I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he won the WWE belt, but it's probably not going to happen. There are now others ahead of him. Lesnar, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins have all jumped in front. That's not a reflection on Ziggler, it's a reflection on the fact, that even though fans like him, they like others more.

You could say the same thing about Sheamus, Swagger and others who have been on the roster for a long time, and are really doing nothing. For some their time has gone by and as long as they are still being seen, why is that a bad thing.

Not just these guys. The list would go pretty long and in my list Wade Barrett would've been topped. WWE has been focusing on only few of their stars but why in the world let him become the King never won a match after that? Why would he lose clean to R-Truth? Please don't tell me that I'm crazy or some over obsessed Barrett fan!

I told my girlfriend (who never watches WWE) about the losing way Barrett has been going and she just told me that "Well they must've had a great hatred for WWE or he messed up or put out of some bad words against the higher officials?" Maybe true but I don't know how much of it holds..

Cheers!!

That's not a reflection on Ziggler, it's a reflection on the fact, that even though fans like him, they like others more.

"They" being the guys in the office. Ziggler's pops still VASTLY surpass those of Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, and rival Daniel Bryan's. Ziggler is easily the #2 babyface in the company in the fans' eyes. The office simply won't allow him to be the top star. If it was either wrestling ability or popularity that made one the top star, Ziggler would be #2 behind Bryan. Instead he's a midcard nobody while less talented AND less charismatic guys are pushed over him.

Dolph is not man enough to be a top guy in WWE.. With all the talent they have, real men like Roman Reigns, John Cena and Seth Rollins, why push some hack like Ziggler?.. He had a push before, he got hurt because he's too fragile. Ziggler is right where he needs to be right now, in the mid-card jobbing to the stars... Booyah.

I'm a big fan of Dolph Ziggler as a lot of people and he should be a main event for sure but the people who say that he should be the face of the company are the people I can't agree with.

Dolph is an extraordinary talent in the ring and is good on the mic and has a very good connection with the fans and should have a few more WHC reigns and a couple of WWE title reigns.

I think his outspoken nature is the reason that Dolph Ziggler hasn't gotten to and stayed at the top. He's similar to HBK in a lot of ways. Maybe if Dolph started to kiss more a$$ backstage he could get to the top.

"They" being the guys in the office. Ziggler's pops still VASTLY surpass those of Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, and rival Daniel Bryan's. Ziggler is easily the #2 babyface in the company in the fans' eyes. The office simply won't allow him to be the top star. If it was either wrestling ability or popularity that made one the top star, Ziggler would be #2 behind Bryan. Instead he's a midcard nobody while less talented AND less charismatic guys are pushed over him.

How much revenue does he generate? You can have all the cheers you want. You can have every woman in the audience throw him the keys to their hotel room, or carrying signs saying "Dolph, Marry me!". Hell, you can have every male in the audience do their hair just like his. But, if they are not buying his T-Shirts, pictures, buttons and whatnot, it means bupkis.

Why do you think Zack Ryder, Fandango, and Adam Rose might as well have their pictures put on milk cartons? Their merch generates dust. Have you bought a "Be a Rosebud" T-Shirt? Or, a "woo woo woo" bandana lately? Neither have anyone else. Look at Samoa Joe? Their is a waiting list for Joe's merch! In plain English, Joe has a better chance of being in the Main Event than Dolph has. So, unless you start shelling out the Do-Re-Mi for Dolph's merch, he will be nothing more than a mid-carder.

As much as many will disagree, I think Dolph is perfect right where he is. He's in the upper mid-card, who can be plugged in a main event spot if needed (he isn't), and is at the top of the middle.

His mic skills are mediocre at best (probably better described as a bit below average). But his skill set guarantees a good, solid match. He really needs a makeover, if they really want to push him to another level -- though I don't believe they want to do that anyway. But that said, he DESPERATELY needs to get rid of those shiny panties he wears, and while I'm glad he finally dumped that horrible wiggle of the butt thing he did on the ramp, he still needs to do something "tougher looking" at his entrance. He could also stand to stop dying the hair blonde. And, I absolutely think his theme song is HORRIBLE. "I'm here to show the world, my theme song really sucks (it suuuuuuuuuckssssss)" is what I always say when he comes out, LOL.

I like Dolph where he is, but I know a lot of Smarks think he should be a top level guys. I just don't see it.

I've gotten to the point where I've tuned out Ziggler completely. I've tried to get into his matches and it hasn't worked. He oversells everything, his offensive isn't believable, and his connection [psychology] to the crowd just seems so forced. The only people that hardcore mark for him seem to think it's okay to act like a fish out of water every 2 seconds while churning out moves that just scream "this is blatantly choreographed."

The sad thing about Ziggler is that he has a strong amateur background that he rarely uses, and could be more scientific in his approach, but he doesn't. That's probably the thing that I dislike the most about him. Like if Kurt Angle tried acting like Shawn Michaels. It wouldn't work.

Ziggler is plenty charismatic and has a good look, but the "circus act" style that he currently uses just isn't cutting it for me. And apparently lots of others since he probably won't rise above the mid card any time soon.

I'm pretty indifferent to him. He's an entertaining in-ring performer, but I don't think he has much charisma and his personality is so bland. I don't like how he oversells and then 20 seconds later will be perfectly fine. And people say Cena's psychology sucks.

Why are people so brainwashed to the fact dolph is injury prone cena hhh edge Orton all have had a lot more injuries some while holding titles but are still put all the way in the main event upon return Orton has also 2 strikes on a drugs policy so the question why not dolph is a myth really we will never know till he takes his ball and goes home which is sad really

Ziggler is my favourite wrestler right now and even I've accepted that he is filling a role that the WWE have picked out for him.

He does it very, very well and he is supported very, very well. The fans love him, I'm sure he does good sales for the company, and he's not stale. The man is a two time World Champion (not the best reigns but he is). Has a Money in the Bank win, has US Title, IC Title and Tag Title wins. Has put on great matches constantly.

He's the Bulldog, Owen Hart, Mr Perfect of this current generation. He'll continue to do well, be in mid/high profile matches, win midcard titles and gain reactions from the crowd. But maybe, that's all his destined for. And I'm sure, when it's all said and done, he'll enter the Hall of Fame after many years. Not everyone is to be a consistent Main Eventer, even if we think they should be. Especially now that WWE have The Shield trio and the Triple H NXT crew coming up (Itami, Owens, Balor, Joe, Zayn).

I just dont get it. Dolph is the best in ring performer right now. He's more charismatic than any superstar on the roster. He also gets some of the loudest pops at live events. Why does the WWE not believe in him. I thought after Survivor Series that he was going to get the big push and yet just like before i was like a big tease. I mean am I the only person who thinks he could be the top guy if given the right sustainable push. Nothing against Rollins but too me Dolph is much better in ring and on the mic.

If I may ask, How many live events do you attend? Couple ive been to over couple of years showed a reasonable noise for Dolph but couldn't hear him have the cheer of the whole night or even in the top 5, Haven't seen him lately so maybe different now? He could be getting attitude era austin pops or rock n wrestling era hogan pops now for all I know?
I'm not knocking Dolph but think its a stretch to also say best in ring performer ever and more charismatic than any superstar on the roster as fact.

Theres been worse world champions of the past so I wouldn't be totaly against it just not particuarly for it either.

I've never been a huge fan of Dolph and I honestly don't get what people see in him. The guy annoys the shit out of me whether as a heel or a face. He's never been that SPECTACULAR in the ring, which is what he bases his whole persona off of... I can't remember one Dolph Ziggler match that can compete with that Owens-Cena match at EC, and that's the difference between Dolph and a top of the line superstar. A #1 guy makes people stand up and take notice ALL THE TIME... the last time Dolph did that was Survivor Series over 6 months ago.

I liken him to RVD (who I was actually a huge mark for), in the sense that he's one of the more over guys on the roster but people never really bought Van Dam as the top guy until One Night Stand, and even than they weren't completely sold. Ziggler's over no doubt, but so was Mysterio and we all saw what happened once he won the big strap. Being over does not = World Championship material... there's a lot more that goes into determining your top guy.

I might get some hate for my opinion, but if somebody can't have a decent run with the IC title, what makes you think he'll be any better as WWE Champion?

I might get some hate for my opinion, but if somebody can't have a decent run with the IC title, what makes you think he'll be any better as WWE Champion?

I think some people around here also forget that Ziggler held the World strap twice in a period of 4 months. Nobody remembered his, ahem, GLORIOUS 2 reigns as World Champ?

See? And you are asking why Ziggler is NOT in the ME picture? :lmao:

Ziggler is hot garbage. He wrestles the same match each time out. He gets beat up 90% of the match while over selling to no end, hits a shitty superkick or two, gets a famasser and that elevated DDT for a long two count, gets thrown by his opponent and lands on his feet, gets a roll up, then either hits his shitty finisher or over sells the opponents finisher and that's the end of it. Not to mention he is akward on the mic.

People care about him, which is good, he fills a role in the midcard, and you need that, but he should never sniff the World Title again.

I don't really get your point. Every wrestler in the WWE wrestles a patterned style, especially the Main Event talent. Ric Flair is famous for wrestling the same match every single night.

If wrestling the same and being somewhat awkward on the mic makes you "hot garbage", then the majority of the roster is hot garbage. Not to say that Dolph should be a Main Event star (he shouldn't), but your post is a whole load of nothing.

I've been a fan of Ziggler's for a long time and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a big push to the title picture. However, in my opinion, I don't think he's the best in-ring guy on the roster, nor do I see him as being the most charismatic on the roster. As far as his pops go, I've been to a lot of house shows and while he gets strong ones, I've heard others get much stronger.

Look, I know it's fun to play conspiracy theory whenever someone you're a big fan of isn't getting the push you think he deserves but 99% of the time, the theories just don't hold water. As has been pointed out, if there was this big hatred of Ziggler backstage by management, he wouldn't be on television wrestling week in & week out, he wouldn't have spent much of the past year involved in the Intercontinental Championship picture, he wouldn't have competed in the IC title ladder match at WrestleMania, he wouldn't have been in the IC title Elimination Chamber match at the EC ppv this past Sunday, etc.

As others have also mentioned, as of right now, there are guys ahead of Ziggler and it's arguable that they're rightfully ahead of him. Rollins has been an overall entertaining heel champion, Dean Ambrose is hugely over with fans, Roman Reigns is being embraced by the fans at long last, there's still Brock Lesnar waiting in the wings as he has a rematch coming up at some point.

Ziggler has a history of head trauma that has WWE officials concerned. Whenever someone suffers a concussion, WWE officials get understandably very concerned about the wrestler's condition and how to use him/her going forward. In Ziggler's case, he sustained 2 concussions within less than 6 months of each other in 2013 and 2014, plus he came back too soon after suffering the first one and suffered something of a relapse due to Post-concussion syndrome. He'd passed all the various tests, yet about a month after being cleared to compete, the symptoms returned. So, couple that with him legitimately suffering another concussion less than 6 months later, you have a situation that creates doubts as to his fitness in the long run. After all, if he did get the push, even got the belt for that matter, and suffered another concussion, it could throw a monkey-wrench into plans. We saw that happen with Daniel Bryan due to his neck and, let's be honest, he's more over and more popular than Ziggler's ever been; however, if he's able to return, there's a strong possibility that his time as being at the top of the roster is over because of officials fearing that his condition in the long run makes him unreliable. It sucks for Bryan and for Ziggler in my eyes, I'm a fan of both, but it's not as though there's not an abundance of merit if company officials took this particular point of view.

I've been watching Dolph Ziggler for his entire career, and I still don't know what his actual gimmick is. Personally, I think a performer goes a long way with the fans if they're in any way relatable or they fill some kind of societal niche that's missing from their lives.

Dolph is the most vibrant vanilla performer that I've ever seen. The role he plays is that of a guy who shows his love of wrestling by wearing loud clothing and flicking his hair oil off of his fingers. The only time I ever remember wanting to see him was when he held the Money in the Bank briefcase, only because cashing it in would be a fresh alternative to some very basic PPVs.

As much as I don't mark out for Dolph, I somehow mark out even less for Ryback. So your question is 100% legitimate considering who they chose instead of Dolph to carry the IC title. The only person in that match I would have preferred to see win was R-Truth, only because it's nice to see something completely unexpected every now and then.

Why not Dolph? Patience my pet, I think it's highly likely that Dolph will make an entire career of playing hot potato with midcard belts.

Give Dolph dreads and have him start running around saying "WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT DOLPH?"

Money.

As Headman said, literally everything you said is entirely your opinion. I won't bother responding to Aquaman because he's proven time and again he's delusional when it comes to DZ.

Here are some actual facts of why DZ is never going to be the face of the company material:

1) You say he's good on the mic, but when he's not talking low and slow he sounds like he's still going through puberty.
2) As Headman said, he looks like he belongs in adult films. Another side note that's actual fact, when they changed his hair to short and dark people didn't even know who he was practically. For 3(?) straight weeks he got almost no reaction because people didn't give a crap. It was only when they dyed his hair blonde again that he started getting a reaction again. Go look it up if you can find it. Clearly there's a charisma issue there.
3) His name is Dolph Ziggler. Use an argument talking about Gorilla Monsoon or Hulk Hogan or any other weird wrestler name you want. They were either in a completely different era or were never face of the company. In today's era, no one with an awful name like Dolph Ziggler will ever be face of WWE.

Why not Dolph? Well, for me, he kind of sucks. He is very overrated. He over sells, which is cheesy. His promo work is mediocre at best. His image is annoying as is the way he speaks. His ring skill is average. He is not believable as the underdog and is light years from having the ability to be booked as dominate. He just reeks of mid-card no better. If I had to guess, I'd say that the higher powers of WWE see in him what I see in him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back