Cena VS Dolph

Ropow

Dark Match Winner
With Sheamus losing to Big Show, even though I feel the "war" may not be over I do not forsee Sheamus going over the Big Show anytime soon. However I can see Sheamus losing and taking out the Big Show and Dolph as everyone predicts coming out and cashing in his MitB contract against the Big Show and winning it.

Also with the confrontation that Cena and Dolph had on Raw tonight this could also set up a match for them at Survivor Series with Big Show as the third man in a triple threat match, a match he's very well known for. Dolph could retain through interference from Vicki (which would result in her dismissal as raw acting head, or whatever she's considered) or Dolph pinning Show allowing Cena not looking weak and Show putting another superstar over.

If Vicki interferes this could set up a few scenarios of the replacement GM for raw, and at that point WWE may have settled a dispute with TNA and would have been allowed to hire Ric and could place him as acting GM, or even another talent for the time being.

Fuck a Triple Threat match for the World Title or Ziggler cashing in his MiTB briefcase, how about just letting Cena & Ziggler feud with each other with no titles, no cash ins, and no Big Show involved? That would be much better. Big Show involved would just take some of the focus away, if not most of the focus away from Ziggler and the majority of this feud would be about Cena vs. Show. Plus haven't we seen enough of Cena/Show this year already?

This feud with Cena is an opportunity for Ziggler to test the waters in the main event scene before he cashes in his briefcase, wins the World Title and officially becomes a main eventer. Hopefully Dolph can show in this feud that's he ready to hang with the big boys, I really don't wanna see him end up like Swagger where he turns out to be a flop and ends up back in the mid-card division.

I hope the WWE doesn't rush this feud and have Dolph lose to Cena right away, this has the potential to be a good feud if done right. They should save their one on one match with each other for TLC and book a second Survivor Series main event elimination match with Dolph & Cena as the team captains and maybe they could throw a stip in there -- If Cena wins then AJ becomes RAW GM again, if Dolph wins then Vickie remains RAW GM. In the match they should have Dolph pin Cena to win the match and be the sole survivor of his team to get him over and prove he can hang with Cena & any other main eventer, before they have him lose to him at TLC in a Chairs match, Tables match or whatever.

The team members for Dolph's team could be Dolph, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett & The Prime Time Players and the team members on Cena's team could be Cena, Christian, Brodus Clay, Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara.

I think MM pretty much summed up what's going to happen. Since that Ziggler has been put into this angle featuring Cena, AJ & Vickie, I think it's fairly certain that he'll ultimately wind up taking on John Cena at the Survivor Series ppv.

I know that people are anxious for Ziggler to cash in MITB but he's got LOTS of time do to it and there's LOTS of time for him to be built up properly for him to go & do so. If this match happens, it'll be Cena's first match since Night of Champions, if Cena doesn't wrestle before then, so Ziggler will be able to carry him if there's any ring rust.

Cena & Ziggler have had some great matches against each other in the past and this match could steal the show if they give it time. I'm just hoping that they don't decide to just feel Ziggler to Cena in some glorified 5 minute squash just so that they can show the dominant force of John Cena is back. We know Cena's a dominant force. I'd rather see him wrestle clinic with Dolph Ziggler than to see Ziggler squashed. Guy's got too much ability to be used that way.

This is what I posted yesterday in another thread......

As far as Ziggler goes, it looks like he's being set up to have a nice semi-long (2-4 months) feud with Cena, which I think is better for him than a cheap cash-in and a coward-heel title reign. Let him eventually win the feud against Cena, and that'll bring him up legitimately. Maybe they're planning on him winning the WHC around RR and keeping it through WM. Like most, I want him to get to that ultimate main event level and stay there too, but it has to be done right. There's no reason in hurrying up his title push if A) there's no clear-cut 6 month or more plan for him, B) there's other wrestlers that will be needing a title push soon, especially if they are also heels like Ziggler (heel Orton which might be coming soon, Barrett?, Henry?, etc), and C) if there's other high profile non-title feuds he can be given for now to build him up further, like against Cena.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just to continue with this whole Ziggler thought, how about this for fantasy booking......

Ziggler has his Cena feud for a good 4 months until RR......high profile feud, let him be seen 2-3 times on Raw every week for most of those weeks (especially at the beginning and/or ending of Raw), really build him up. At RR, he draws number 1 and lasts until the final 4, putting on a memorable performance. For the next 3 months, he's somehow involved in most segments that the WHC is involved in, even though the champion is in other feuds and has faced 2 different opponents in the 2 ppvs after RR and Ziggler sits RINGSIDE with the briefcase at those ppvs, staring, waiting, watching....but each time, he walks off to the back after the match is over and doesn't cash in (and he doesn't act like he's cashing in and then cowardly runs to the back, he struts off, without teasing the cash in....we're not making him out to be coward heel...he's cocky). He's still appearing in every WHC segment on the weekly shows. At WM, he sits ringside while Bryan (the champion since he won the belt at RR) beats Sheamus (the winner of the RR for the 2nd year in a row) in under 1 minute with a surprise NO Lock out of nowhere. At that moment, he gets up from the announcer's desk, takes off his shirt, he and Bryan stare at each other like they know this is about to be their first true WM moment, and Ziggler cashes in, winning in a 30 minute classic match that will be talked about for years, like the Steamboat-Savage or Austin-Hart match is talked about now.

That's how you build a legit star and a mainstay main event caliber wrestler. From there, they can go in a any number of directions to keep him a top star. Just don't go the cowardly heel route.

I hope this happens. With all the talk about pulling the trigger and give Ryback the win at hell in a cell, this would be a real pull the trigger moment for WWE. Ziggler needs that one win that will establish him as a main event(not a temporary one)..a win vs. Cena would be monumental for him while I doubt it would hurt Cena too much. I hope this match happens and WWE finds the balls to seize one big opportunity to move ziggler from that "potential main eventer" category to the main eventer category. A win vs. Cena, followed by a world title win would do wonders for him...hope they do look at the big picture here.

At WM, he sits ringside while Bryan (the champion since he won the belt at RR) beats Sheamus (the winner of the RR for the 2nd year in a row) in under 1 minute with a surprise NO Lock out of nowhere. At that moment, he gets up from the announcer's desk, takes off his shirt, he and Bryan stare at each other like they know this is about to be their first true WM moment, and Ziggler cashes in, winning in a 30 minute classic match that will be talked about for years, like the Steamboat-Savage or Austin-Hart match is talked about now.

Uhh hate to burst your bubble, but won't booking Sheamus tap out in a minute make absolutely no sense, seeing as he's stronger than bryan to crawl to the ropes and break the hold(from a kayfabe POV atleast)?? If it were a heel bryan, it would make more sense to take a chair and beat the crap out of sheamus, retaining the WHC due to DQ. Then Ziggler turns face (while still keeping that cocky attitude of his) and cashes in, proceeding towards that 30 minute classic you talked about. I would love to see that match, but not at the expense of Sheamus tapping in under a minute. His entire 7 month reign as a champion would then be treated as a bigger joke. Give the Royal Rumble Winner some credibility atleast kayfabe wise.

It seems WWE has been grooming Dolph to win the title for a long time now, only to pull back on the reins whenever he gets too close.....and he's always close with the MITB case in his hands.

On the one hand, a series of matches with Cena won't bring him any closer to the title, since Cena hasn't been a champion for quite some time (which should please you Cena-haters). On the other hand, the MITB winner can step away from the Cena feud any time he wants and cash in. It seems Dolph has the world on a string right now, and with WWE wanting to put him in front of us as much as humanly possible, one can never tell when he might break through.

But there's a third hand, and it involves Cena. If the best they can come up with John to feud with is Dolph Ziggler, it's worrisome. Yes, they can probably have a set of decent matches, but I'm not going to get excited about the series, are you?

As for Vickie, my presumption is that she and Dolph have finally been separated; it's too much of a conflict of interest for the Managing Supervisor (whatever the hell that is) of Raw to openly manage a wrestler. At first, I was surprised last night to see Dolph walking to the ring where Cena and Vickie were arguing, then I realized the segment took place only because Cena needed someone to hit......and it wasn't going to be Vickie.

So, go ahead with a Cena-Ziggler series, but WWE can hopefully come up with something a little more exciting for Cena in the future. Yes, they want Ziggler at the top, but he just doesn't belong there, imo. He's a mid-card wrestler who's over his head at the top.

Uhh hate to burst your bubble, but won't booking Sheamus tap out in a minute make absolutely no sense, seeing as he's stronger than bryan to crawl to the ropes and break the hold(from a kayfabe POV atleast)?? If it were a heel bryan, it would make more sense to take a chair and beat the crap out of sheamus, retaining the WHC due to DQ. Then Ziggler turns face (while still keeping that cocky attitude of his) and cashes in, proceeding towards that 30 minute classic you talked about. I would love to see that match, but not at the expense of Sheamus tapping in under a minute. His entire 7 month reign as a champion would then be treated as a bigger joke. Give the Royal Rumble Winner some credibility atleast kayfabe wise.

I just like the idea of that particular storyline coming full circle. I think Bryan can be a much bigger star than Sheamus, and he doesn't need to be booked like an unstoppable 'SuperSheamus' to do it. However it has to be done, the reverse of what happened last year should happen, whether it's by tapout or by pre-bell chair shots or whatever.

I don't think Ziggler needs to turn face for it to happen though. Bryan has an incredible way of playing heel while still getting love from the fans, or of playing kinda-face while still getting heat.

As far as Sheamus goes, he can be booked to lose that match in under a minute without losing what he's done. That's why I'd lean towards giving him another RR win.....he's had a long reign as champion, 2 time RR winner, King of the Ring winner....I think Sheamus can be booked to lose to Bryan, who like I said can and should be a much bigger star than him, and still be well off enough to rebound from it just fine. Like most, it would all depend on how he's booked in the weeks and months after that.

I just like the idea of that particular storyline coming full circle. I think Bryan can be a much bigger star than Sheamus, and he doesn't need to be booked like an unstoppable 'SuperSheamus' to do it. However it has to be done, the reverse of what happened last year should happen, whether it's by tapout or by pre-bell chair shots or whatever.

I don't think Ziggler needs to turn face for it to happen though. Bryan has an incredible way of playing heel while still getting love from the fans, or of playing kinda-face while still getting heat.

As far as Sheamus goes, he can be booked to lose that match in under a minute without losing what he's done. That's why I'd lean towards giving him another RR win.....he's had a long reign as champion, 2 time RR winner, King of the Ring winner....I think Sheamus can be booked to lose to Bryan, who like I said can and should be a much bigger star than him, and still be well off enough to rebound from it just fine. Like most, it would all depend on how he's booked in the weeks and months after that.

I was just against the tapping out part. The rest of your build up was pure genius. But then again, assuming your scenario occurred, wouldn't it look stupid having the RR winner lose that easily? I would much rather have him get jumped and sneak attacked by bryan leading up to wrestlemania, leaving him medically unfit, but being a badass, he would refuse to heed the medical team's advice. Then having him tap in under a minute would make sense.

To be honest, i'm sure that a feud with John Cena is just what Dolph needs at this stage. A feud and a match with Cena will really test and push Ziggler to the limit. Your putting him in with a guy who is ten time WWE champions, it does not need a title, Cena is a big enough star.

Before Dolph actually does cash in, I think he needs to be tested. He hasn't had that one memorable feud with anyone yet, and I think he needs it. There is no better way to build him up, this will really show Ziggler's strengths and weaknesses. I for one am looking forward to it, but this doesn't mean Ziggler has to cash in. I think if Cena were to put Ziggler over, it would only be a good thing.

I think he could cash in at TLC, like Bryan did last year. At this stage he isn't ready, but with some preparation with the best there is, he will be by the end. They will have some terrific matches and hopefully some good promos. I think we will see one more match between CM Punk and John Cena at TLC. Ultimately I think we will end up with either CM Punk or John Cena facing the Rock at the Roya rumble.

i like the idea of this feud but only if it's done correctly. Like Jack hammer said Ziggler is too good in the ring to just be squashed by Cena. These two could deliver a really great match. Personally i like the idea of maybe these two having a few matches. But i don't see the WWE stretching this over 3 PPVs. Maybe have Ziggler beat Cena on raw cena can even the score up at Survivor Series with the feud culminating at TLC with a Ziggler win. This builds Ziggler to a future cash in & gives cena something to do if they aren't going with him to face Rock at the rumble.

We need something new and original with the mitb briefcase. How about dolph winning at royal rumble.... Turning face and facing Punk for the championship at wrestlemania!!! Dolph wins the belt, and after the world championship match which would probably be like Shemeus vs Wade Barrett... Have Dolph cash in, and defeat barrett, And Win both Titles in One Night!!! Pulling a Jericho, and being the Ultimate Showoff! And the new Best in the World! That's how you push a superstar to become the next Rock or Austin!

What I wouldn't mind seeing, and I'm sure most of you will hate it. Have the WHC match go on first. Big Show wins, but is knocked out. Dolph cashes in. This will make his and Cena's match for the title. Cena wins the title here, giving Dolph another short title run. Him and Cena can fight for the title till Dolph wins it back at the RR. Like I said I'm sure most will hate the idea but it would be something different.

I am hoping that if it's Cena vs Ziggler, that it's Cena giving a last rub to Dolph and that they pull the trigger on his main-event. I'm so frustrated with his booking as of late - he's been knocking at the door for what feels like ages.

I'm at a point where I don't care anymore: Either push the guy and keep him there, or push him anyway and fire his ass if it doesn't go too well (like we've seen the WWE do). I'll tell you why I feel like this...

I'm all for a slow build, yes, but have they really built Ziggler? I don't think so. Getting the shit kicked out of you doesn't make you look good (especially against a stiff worker like Sheamus). I get that he needed time to practice on the mic. I get that he needed time to fine-tune his gimmick a little. Hell, I'll even accept that the American audience needed time to learn his name, but what I don't get is why this almost-tantric approach to his push is being used.

Cena can give a rub to anybody - for all his faults, he's a hell of a draw, so it would be great for Ziggler.

I would not at all be surprised if they had him build a nice feud with Cena leading to a hyped PPV match between the two...and at the beginning of the PPV Ziggler cashes in on the WHC and wins that belt, then loses it to Cena at the end of the night.

Edit: Aannnd I just saw that someone had the same thought two posts above me, lol.

1 Thing I havent seen reading the posts before this one (If I'm duplicating it, sorry i must of missed it) is what if Ziggler and Cena begin a rivalry, but in one of the matches hold the MITB Briefcase as a stipulation and have cena win? I don't know but I was thinking about this alot on Sunday by watching HIAC and hearing that Ziggler would cash in his MITB contract at HIAC and that he guaranteed it. However, Ziggler didnt cash in at HIAC which may have been to draw heat or whatever. So, what if Cena - Ziggler have a match at say TLC or SS for the MITB briefcase? I know many will not like it, but i was just thinking about Cena taking the briefcase from Ziggler. Will edit more once i remember what i was trying to think of.

^very true, the MITB briefcase could be on the line in a potential Cena-Ziggler feud

but keep in mind that Ziggler losing his briefcase would be a big time momentum halt the fact that Ziggler still has the MITB briefcase is one of his best selling points and could be his launching pad to the Main Event scene.

I tend to agree with most of the consensus that it's now or never with Zig, and hopefully this Cena feud will be his last stop to getting to be a Main event wrestler

**" Cena can give a rub to anybody - for all his faults, he's a hell of a draw, so it would be great for Ziggler." .. I agree completely, the Cena feud will help keep Ziggler relevant and in the spotlight

"WWE can hopefully come up with something a little more exciting for Cena in the future."

well Punk's kinda tied up with Ryback at the moment, but don't worry, if the Rock does win the title at Rumble, I'm sure the WWE will find a way to get the ball rolling on Cena-Rock 2 for Wrestlemania 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back