• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rated RKO

Should, could and would we see a Rated RKO reunion??

• One time team up

• One more run as a Stable instead of a Tag Team gunning for World Titles

• Stable leaders

• Never again

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
With Randy Orton challenging the Miz for the WWE Championship and with Edge defending the World Championship against Dolph Ziggler, I think it’s time for a Rated RKO reunion.

This week on Raw, both Challengers faced off one on one w/manager, as Randy Orton battled Dolph Ziggler with Vicki Guerrero. Next week on Raw, both World Title holders face off one on one w/manager, as WWE Champion, the Miz w/Alex Riley battles World Champion, Edge.

Wouldn’t make a lot of sense, and open up a possible Super Face Stable (With John Cena and maybe Triple H and maybe Undertaker) to reunited the former World Tag Team Champion, Rated RKO the Smackdown before the Royal Rumble?? They could face the team of the Miz and Dolph Ziggler. A. Ri. and Vicki should be banned from ringside, for this one. I’d love to hear the mash up of Edge’s and Orton’s current themes. Rated RKO as a Face Team is "Fresh".

What do you think??

I don't think so.

For the forseeable future, Randy Orton will definitely not be a part of any faction. That's his whole gimmick isn't it? the Lone wolf and all. It suits him as well, and gives his persona the edge of unpredictability which got him his adoring fans in the first place. What could make more sense for a nostalgia run could be an E & C reunion. But that's another thread.

I dont see it ever again would it be cool yeah kinda but to me it would make ALOT more sence for a E&C Reunion(as they've been split alot longer) than a Rated Rko reunion. As Randy has a VERY different gimmick now then he did back then he's the Viper the lone Wolf so to say he dont need anybody to get what he wants.

P.S. speaking of reunions I want Kane and Big Show to reunite anyone with me on that?

A one time team up would make sense and would be awesome to see... but I dont think we will at all be reminded of them being "Rated RKO" just because that was a different time and era, and Randy Orton isnt the same Randy Orton from then

The next tag team you'll see out of Edge is going to be Edge & Christian. If WWE use RatedRKO, they're not giving us what we want, cos this tag team ended well, and they shouldnt use them again.

I don't think this reunion will be cumin up netime soon but defs over the next couple of years fo sure i really likes the whole rated rko vs dx n cena angel from afew years back thought they really got over well...... "I Hear Voices i my Head"

With Randy Orton challenging the Miz for the WWE Championship and with Edge defending the World Championship against Dolph Ziggler, I think it’s time for a Rated RKO reunion.

This week on Raw, both Challengers faced off one on one w/manager, as Randy Orton battled Dolph Ziggler with Vicki Guerrero. Next week on Raw, both World Title holders face off one on one w/manager, as WWE Champion, the Miz w/Alex Riley battles World Champion, Edge.

Wouldn’t make a lot of sense, and open up a possible Super Face Stable (With John Cena and maybe Triple H and maybe Undertaker) to reunited the former World Tag Team Champion, Rated RKO the Smackdown before the Royal Rumble?? They could face the team of the Miz and Dolph Ziggler. A. Ri. and Vicki should be banned from ringside, for this one. I’d love to hear the mash up of Edge’s and Orton’s current themes. Rated RKO as a Face Team is "Fresh".

What do you think??

Randy orton is not a nice guy. Thats his new motto. Nice guys finish last. I'm pretty sure hes not going to team with the man who just after last years draft cost him the #1 Contenders spot for the WWE Championship. A one time thing is feasible but dont count on a music theme mashup.

It would be a cool idea for next week's Raw, or maybe Smackdown, but that is it. A stable reunion for Rated RKO is just unneeded and there's no place for it. First of all, they're on different brands and there's no real reason to change that either. But I would very much like to see the match. It would be a cool sendoff into the Royal Rumble. The other ideas of a super stable are just ridiculous. There's plenty of things for Cena and Triple H to be doing, and Undertaker only has one more match (I hope) at Wrestlemania.

I think Edge & Orton vs Miz & Ziggler for the Smackdown before Rumble would be good to see. Obviously with Champ vs Champ & Challenger v Challenger taking place on the 2 raws before Rumbe a tag match with Face vs Heels is hardly out of the ordinary. Not necessarily as "Rated RKO" even though I'm sure the commentary will make mention of it.

As for a fulltime return, I don't think it really fits in with what the 2 are doing at the moment. Especially Orton.

Most likely we will see them reunite on Smackdown next week. We've already seen Orton vs Ziggler on Raw. Next week it's Edge vs The Miz. So something tells me that on the Smackdown (which needs a boost in the ratings) before The Rumble we see Rated RKO vs Miz and Ziggler.

I always thought Rated RKO was a halfassed tag team that creative threw together because they didn't have anything for the two of them at the time. Never really felt much chemistry between the two, tbh. I wouldn't want to see it again.

They're both faces now (why? we don't know), so that combined with nostalgia would make for a huge pop and entertaining match, but it need not last beyond a one-time thing. They were my favorites at the time, but not quite classic. They don't even have a tag team special move or combination.

A one time only, neither of those guys needs to be in a tag team or in a stable. Neither of their gimmicks fit with a stable right now. As the OP said, it makes senes since there's always a tag team match involving the maint event, in this case: Edge and Randy Orton vs The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. I would like to see that but not as a "Rated RKO reunion". It is more like these guys crossed path for X reasons and now they are teaming up against their respective opponents. Like I said, it should be a one time only and they don't even need to be called "rated RKO" again imo.

Yeah I pretty much agree with everyone else that Rated RKO would be good for next smackdown but not a long time thing. They have gone in completely seperate ways since then, especially because of Orton's new attitude

Yeah, I think were in for a one time reunion of Rated RKO. It only makes sense with the amount of interbrand matches WWE is pushing with both of the rivalries. I really think that come Smackdown next week it's gonna be Edge and Orton vs Ziggler and Miz.

i would agree with that but there not breaking out the rated rko bit maybe a team up but not as rated rko that was a heel gimmick and there better left solo however im sure they will talk about it during backstage promos just like last year when edge told orton help him get the title on raw or else.....

If they were to reunite Rated RKO and have Edge turn on him same night and have Christian run down in some way shape or form we could get a heel Edge and Christian reunion....and I really want them to reunite as heels and just thinking of ways that Orton and Edge reuniting could possibly spawn other things.....just random thoughts really....don't taze me bro!

I do think they will form a team again but just for one night. Both are doing good in the main event on both of their respective brands. I was actually talking to The Disturbed about this on monday but I didnt feel like making a thread about it.

Mannnnnnn, please make this happen, i would love to see Orton and Edge back as a tag team since the tag team division is all screwed up now, WWE only has Santino & Kozlov And The Uso's, why not? this would be so awesome, At the draft Orton drafted to smackdown and then a fued with Christian insuses over who was better E&C or Rated RKO...WHY NOT??????

One mans opinion

Most likely we will see them reunite on Smackdown next week. We've already seen Orton vs Ziggler on Raw. Next week it's Edge vs The Miz. So something tells me that on the Smackdown (which needs a boost in the ratings) before The Rumble we see Rated RKO vs Miz and Ziggler.

i can see this coming too actually.
as one of the above posters said, this would only be a one time thing tho. no music mash-up, and maybe keep them "edgey" towards eachother. Have A-Ri and Miz remind orton before the match who cost him his No. 1 Contender spot.

I believe it can work on a 1 time basis either on Raw or SD but I think at the end of the match Orton should RKO Edge just to let him know he never forgets. To me that would fit perfectly with The Viper Gimmick, As long as WWE doesn't make another feud out of it.

I think a one time team up is all that would be needed. Tag team match Ziggler and Miz v Orton and Edge as a build up to Rumble. Works great because whatever team wins, its make a champion and a challenger look strong. Other than that, no, the two don't need to be in a tag team, or a stable.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/hhh-reveals-third-daughter-name-rated-rko-reuniting-121805

"WWE creative has talked about reuniting Edge and Randy Orton possibly after the Royal Rumble this year. At next week's Smackdown tapings the duo is scheduled to take on The Miz and Dolph Ziggler."

I'd like to point out that this article is incredibly vauge, and other than next week's Smackdown, we may not get much more than that, but suppose they have a re-union after the Royal Rumble-

How Brief Would It Be? One or two matches, or would they draw it out?

Would It Effect 'Mania Plans?

Is it a good idea to put them back together beyond one or two tag matches?

It's going to be brief. Both are involved in angles, and the tag team championships are devalued to the point I'd almost rather see them retired than continue on.

Tag teams like Jeri-Show did more to put over singles stars than they did tag teams. That has been the purpose of the tag team division for the past decade or so. Rated RKO's original run worked as a team. This potential reunion won't last.

Besides, for the most part Orton's gimmick now is that of a tweener and would probably attack anyone who got in his way. They haven't eliminated that aspect of his personality yet He works really well alone, but if you leave him in a tag team long enough, it would be within his character to break up the team by attacking his partner, and would probably turn himself heel again in the process.

A one time reunion would be nice to see for old times sake, but a full time reunion would be a step back in both men's careers. They are multiple time world champions and way beyond the tag team divison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back