Why is R-Truth a #1 contender for the title?

The Miz: "Which R-Truth are we going to see? the street thug or the guy who raps and gives all the kids high fives?"

I've been wanting to see a more aggressive, maybe even heel side of Truth for sometime now. He can't be taken seriously when he's dancing and doing a spinning elbow for a finish, guy needs to get rough.

I just laugh when the IWC talks smack about different wrestlers. It's always negative. They bash wrestlers skills and talents and to me I think well hell you can't do any better not even close so you really think your opinion means something? Nope it doesn't.

R Truth is entertaining in the ring and he does it pretty well. He's not the best talker, but so what? Most people aren't. It's hard to be good at it and almost impossible to master. You either have it or you don't. He will get his chance one day. Most wrestlers do.

If it was me I would have had him debut in a feud aganist the then world champion Edge which would have led to him holding world title gold, Do I think He sucks? Of course not. I have more problem with the much overrated Randy Orton then I do With truth

Heres the thing: he's has no build up.

I'm really suppose to believe that he's going to win the WWE championship at Extreme Rules? Everyone knows that isn't going to happen.

Infact, he's just there so Miz can pin him instead of Cena.

Desperately needs a new finisher also, that thing is not a finishing move.

Imo he seemed to have improved after watching his match. Some new good looking moves from him. F.e. the suplex-stunner or what you want to call it and I always liked the paydirt and I think he used a variation of it.

So taking his time to work some new and fresh things out? I say thats a smart move.

I just laugh when the IWC talks smack about different wrestlers. It's always negative. They bash wrestlers skills and talents and to me I think well hell you can't do any better not even close so you really think your opinion means something? Nope it doesn't.

R Truth is entertaining in the ring and he does it pretty well. He's not the best talker, but so what? Most people aren't. It's hard to be good at it and almost impossible to master. You either have it or you don't. He will get his chance one day. Most wrestlers do.

We haven't been trained and been payed by a global company for nearly a decade to be entertaining. He has and hasn't had it since he debuted as K-Kwikk, argualbly the only thing remotely of note he's done is his brief heel run in TNA as R-Truth and won the NWA title. Everything b4 and after is worthless.

He's just filler.... nothing more, nothing less. Though undoubtedly with active participants of any fame/ability dwindling, he'll get a push again

The Miz reign is over.

They are setting up a R-Truth heel turn. Cena will win the match at ER. Remember it is in Tampa Florida. His town.

I think because they needed a way for Miz to cleanly pin someone in one of his matches. They won't want Cena or Orton to do that and JoMo also seems to have his time in future. So enter the R-truth and he will do the job, and by being in the title chase for a couple of weeks he will be re-branded as a RAW top babyface.

I agree R-Truth doesn't really suck he is very impressive on that gauntlet match. I also like that suplex stunner move he does, I hope he turns that his finisher rather the lie detector. I think Vince Mcmahon changed the whole landscape of wwe after that raw. First he tried to bring more contenders of wwe championship instead of sticking with just john cena as the only contender. Then brie bella becomes new divas champion which I think when Awesome kong debuts she becomes a face to destroy the heel bella twins. And then Sin cara showed incredible moves on his first match in wwe. And lastly Edge retires which I think Christian would replace him as the top face of smackdown.

R-truth brings what the others dont i love r-truths style but for him he needs to get tough and get into a street thug mentality Vince said There's gonna be shake ups maybe r-truth although i doubt it becoming champ is a way

I personally think it is great that we get a new face in the title picture, not to mention it's a seasoned vet who really hasnt been given enough chances to show us what he is capable of. I don't understand why this is upsetting so many people, he almost definitely will not win the title and I don't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of Cena vs Miz so i'll call it a positive. Even if you don't like Truth, him being in it makes it a Triple Threat so that adds to the possibilities and excitement! R-Truth may not be one of the biggest names in the WWE but he has put in his time and taken the hard way to the top, why not throw the man a bone and mix things up in the title picture? What I would like is for Truth to come out strong in this match, I wont say he should win it but if he had a strong showing and that gave him a boost in competition afterwards(like a US title shot) then everyone would win.

I've always thought that R-Truth is this generations Jim Duggan. Like Duggan he is the a good friend of the biggest face of the company. Like Duggan he is a midcarder. Duggan was also a fierce American supporter like his friend Hulk Hogan who was an American Hero. Truth is also a rapper and we all know that Cena likes to rap and is pretty good at it.

The other point of similarity is that though both guys have some sort of a fan following, niether is anything special. Decent in the ring, decent on the mic but nothing that makes them stand out. R-Truth may not suck but he certainly is not main event material. He wasn't even on the WrestleMania Card. I can only assume is that this sudden push of his is due to the backstage heat that John Morrison has got.

Truth works best as a midcarder. He might have a few more Intercontinental or US Championship reigns but I certainly do not see him becoming a World Champion in the WWE.

I really dont understand why so many people dislike Truth, people seem to hate him but I can never get an intelligent answer out of them. Usually it's along the lines of "He sucks" or "He's a joke", but he is far from that. The man is without a doubt a very skilled wrestler, and although he may not be as big a name as Cena or Orton he is a true veteran who has had a rough path through the WWE. He would be labeled best as mid carder right now, but I am hoping that they actually push him right now and hopefully have him turn heel. I think his gimmick has run it's course and is ready to be put down, and I believe an R-Truth with a nasty demeanor could be a dangerous threat. I'm really interested to see if they actually do something with Truth past this PPV or if they're just going to have him get destroyed quickly like in the Elimination Chamber.

Dear lord some of you people clearly have never watched pro wrestling before. It's very simple really. R-Truth is an over performer. As such, he can draw a good crowd reaction. He's also never had this type of championship match before, adding a sense of unpredictability to the match. Will he win? More than likely no. I'm not Truth's biggest fan, but he's done his job over the last year and I'm pleased for him that he's got a shot here. Was this designed for JoMo? Probably, but he shouldn't have been such a prick. Truth has earned this shot and I don't think anyone can say he hasn't.

i haven't yet watched Raw, but i have always liked R-Truth, i doubt he is getting much of a push beyond this, but he has talent. And ain't a bad wrestler, about time to see him in the spotlight for once.

Personally i think Truth is in the match at extreme rules to replace morrison. Some will say that stupid but i feel JoMo has to go fill the void left by Edge on smackdown.

Truth is a mid-carder he should be in the US title picture not the WWE championship. He was not even on the WM card but now has a shot of the WWE championship out of nowhere. Thats why i feel he must have been a last minute replacement.

Guilty as charged. I do hate him. :p Ok, "hate" is too strong a word, but I'm definitely not a fan.

Truth kinda made me a Michael Cole fan because Cole would stand up and beg for that stupid song to stop. The What's Up song is very annoying.

His wrestling style is a lot of unnecessary flying about, little impact, little storytelling. Not my idea of great wrestling. As JR. would put it, I'm old school that way.

rattlesnake4eva called him this generation's Jim Duggan. The reasoning behind it is sound. I've always thought of R-truth as this generation's Scotty too Hotty, which, I admit, is far less flattering.

From what I'm reading it seems Truth got a little push on RAW. Haven't seen it yet. But that definitely puts him head and shoulders above Scotty. Also, unlike Scotty, Truth does have a fan following, so maybe I was being too harsh. I still simply don't like the man, though.

ughhh... JoMo should've took that spot but WWE punished him, why? because of thing with Trish. R truth sucks, he is boring, untalented and he sux again.

It is kind of refreshing to see someone else in the title picture that isn't just Cena or Orton. I will admit I am quite surprised to see R Truth in the main event at extreme rules, but I think the guy deserves it. He was booked quite strong last night, getting clean wins over both Ziggler and Morrison and pulled off some good stuff inside the ring against both of those guys and Cena. I admit I cannot see him winning and I think he is merely there to get pinned by the Miz but it does shake things up, especially as I believe that Cena and the Miz don't have the talent to put on a great main event by themselves.

Lets be serious for a second, he is good in the ring and average in the mic, but he isnt part of the RAW TV Roster, we didnt know anything about him for what 3 months?!! His last match was in the Elimination Chamber for god sake!!
I am almost 100% sure, that his push was because John Morrison and Melina heat on Thris!!

But what about CM Sucks? He also deserves to at least be in that 5 man-match!!
But the thing only look like he is going to keep feuding with Orton!!

So good luck for your match, R-Truth, but thats no way in hell that this guy can win the WWE Championship, even Santino deserves it more than R-Truth right now!!

I have to admit I can't stand R-Truth. He should dump the "What's Up" gimmick and become a serious straight forward heel. Start tearing some people up. No more rap, no more awful singing on the way to the ring. No more being a tag-along personality.

I don't think comparing John Cena to R-Truth is really helping your case.... Yes, many people DO hate John Cena but he's at least respectable. R-Truth does the same 3 dance moves in the ring every single time, he can't rap at all, and his gig is the stereotypical black rapper thing which is really not working out for him. It seems like WWE wants Truth to be the "voice of reason" half the time (especially with the Cena & Nexus stuff) but I really just can't take him seriously. I'm interested to see what will happen at Extreme Rules....

Maybe a good thing for Truth and WWE would be if Pope came to WWE and you have yet another legitimate tag team. Their personalities would make for an interesting combo. But yes, get rid of the rapper thing and be straight forward.

It's funny how you made this thread just after we all found out he will be main eventing a ppv.. Anyways.. I don't have anything against R-Truth.. I think he is exciting, he can pull of some good spots when given the chance and well, I have to agree with a few people above me, when they said it should have been JoMo, but he has problems backstage.. So they went with the next best thing.. R-Truth is there so Cena doesn't get pinned..

I would probably be the one to make fun of him right now because of his stupid gimmick, but then again he has really seemed to improve in his in-ring style and he did a pretty good job, even though john cena was stealing the show, showing some new flashy moves. I have to admit, that he really doesn't deserve this main event, its the biggest atrocity since giving JTG and Shad their own feud.

The Truth is R-Truth Sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back