Why is R-Truth a #1 contender for the title?

Why are we, the IWC, begging the WWE to give us a fresh title picture, then complaining when R-Truth brings a breath of fresh air to the main event?

Look, we all would have preferred this shot to go to John Morrison, or Daniel Bryan, or Dolph Ziggler. I agree R-Truth being added in this match makes almost no sense since he wasn't even on the WrestleMania card. But now is the time to take chances, expose new faces, and give new wrestlers a shot at the top to see how they handle the pressure. R-Truth has some skills, and has some decent mic skills. Not great, but he handled himself well in the ring tonight against John Morrison and John Cena. I do find his stupid "What's Up?" rap annoying (not as bad as that stupid "Get Crunk" song at least...) but not all people think like me on this.

Like it or not, the match is made. Give him a shot! Lets wait to criticize the decision until after the match. Who knows, maybe R-Truth will shine through Miz and Cena and give the fans one hell of a match. And that's the truth!

Also people, remember when Orton and Cena were fueding with Wade Barret and the original Nexus? R Truth really did play an interesting role as to what his true motives were. Sure he was still a face at the time, but he really looked like he wanted Cena to just pack it up and give in to the Nexus. Not saying that Truth will get the win here, but it does add up for a good fued/possible heel turn by Truth here.

I'm happy for this. I don't see why people are so upset about this. A new face in the title picture. A freshened up main event scene. Isn't that what the IWC has been crying for? His presence adds a sense of unpredictability to the match (assuming he isn't just used as a scapegoat). I don't think he'll win the title but I just hope he is booked strongly between now and Extreme Rules and then afterwards.

This thread is proof positive that legit unpredictability is something that the IWC doesn't want. Again, the WWE does something that nobody sees coming and, if anything, they get criticized even more. It's pathetic.

During the match, we all kept expecting R-Truth to get pinned and, instead, he shows guts & fortitude by getting past two guys that look to be generally higher up on the totem pole than himself and holds his own with the biggest star in the company. Now, he winds up as being part of a triple threat match at Extreme Rules for the WWE Championship.

Would I have personally preferred John Morrison or Dolph Ziggler? Yeah, sure I would have. This could be a great match and an interesting 3 way feud over the title but all anyone wants to do is bitch that their favorite didn't win the match. Why not just try and let yourself be entertained? Why not actually see how this plays out for a bit before immediately trashing the shit out of it?

No one is slamming this move because they dislike "legit unpredictablity". I'm getting pretty sick of WWE apologists throwing that term around.

They need to build people up to the main event, not hot-shot afterthoughts into the title picture for shock value. You want to shock me? Create a new star.

I heard this same argument whenever Jack Swagger went from jobbing to Santino to World Champion overnight. Guess what happened? The fans shit all over Swagger because they couldn't buy him as World Champion. And, now the same thing happens to R-Truth. The guy was a HEALTHY SCRATCH in the supposed biggest fucking show in the history of universe, and a week later, he's the #1 contender? No sir, that's not how things should work. Damn those smarky IWC assholes for wanting a little continuity. I should be bowing to Vince for giving me another awesome hotshot to the main event by a jobber.

i wasn't going to read every post here...

for those that do not know, Morrison and Melina treated Trish Stratus like garbage during the weeks and week of WrestleMania. That was looked upon as bad which is probably why Vicky pinned him at Mania.

Also, that might explain why Truth is main eventing with Cena and Miz.

Storyline-wise...it makes sense. As evident at the end of RAW, Cena and Truth are "friends" on screen and had a few good segments in the fall during the whole Nexus/Cena battle.

We all know Cena is going to look like the top dog, but he wont win and Truth isn't getting the title either. Its just a "stacking the deck" "odds against them" angle being used against Cena and Miz.

Fantastic move by the E' on this one, I seriously cannot believe the bitching. Truth might be a tad bit old but he can still go, and he's a mega popular face. It always astounded me that despite how much the fans were behind truth he would still get jobbed out constantly. Now he is going to be competing for the WWE title at Extreme Rules. Funny how to of the most over mid-card heels of last year in Truth and Miz are now competing for the world title in the main event picture. This is Truth's time to shine and personally I will be pulling for him to pick up the title despite the zero chance he has of picking up the win.

First time poster here, but I would just like to point a few things out about this.

1. It gives R Truth a chance to be in a main event at a PPV.
2. He gets a pretty decent pop from the crowd (cheap or not.)
3. Morrison and Ziggler get a chance to be put in an awesome match at extreme rules against one another for a chance to steal the show and become future contenders over the next couple of months.
and 4.. It's so Cena or Miz won't have to pin one or the other. It allows R Truth to be that scapegoat in the match and be the one to be pinned or submitted, continuing on the Cena vs Miz fued.

This is 100% right and extremely logical. They have to fill up the Extreme Rules card and Cole/Swagger vs. JR/King is not going to sell. Edge has retired so that hurts in the long run, so they'll need more matches.

So out of the five competitors Punk-Orton can continue their feud, Ziggler-Morrison can continue their feud and Miz-Cena can continue their feud without having to pin one another. I questioned R-Truth being in the match but this is the perfect way to move things along.

and again you cant satisfie wrestlig fan u guys talking about how bad that R-Truth became a jobber and now when he nr1 contecter u not satisfied lolz

No one is slamming this move because they dislike "legit unpredictablity". I'm getting pretty sick of WWE apologists throwing that term around.

It's not my fault that the truth hurts brother, I just call it like it is. I've seen THOUSANDS of posts on this forum complaining about how predictable wrestling has become. Whenever the WWE is able to do something that people don't see coming, if anything, the criticism increases. I'm not "throwing that term around" it's just how it is.

They need to build people up to the main event, not hot-shot afterthoughts into the title picture for shock value. You want to shock me? Create a new star.

I heard this same argument whenever Jack Swagger went from jobbing to Santino to World Champion overnight. Guess what happened? The fans shit all over Swagger because they couldn't buy him as World Champion. And, now the same thing happens to R-Truth. The guy was a HEALTHY SCRATCH in the supposed biggest fucking show in the history of universe, and a week later, he's the #1 contender? No sir, that's not how things should work. Damn those smarky IWC assholes for wanting a little continuity. I should be bowing to Vince for giving me another awesome hotshot to the main event by a jobber.

Ah here we go, another armchair booker telling us exactly how things should be. So let's see, I guess guys like Sheamus or The Miz don't qualify as new stars? I guess it doesn't qualify that Dolph Ziggler & John Morrison have both found themselves in the middle of World Championship feuds in 2011? I guess the fact that Wade Barrett's ability to carry The Nexus in the feud against John Cena, becoming the most talked about feud of 2010, counts for nothing as well? In a nutshell, something happened that you don't personally like so you shit all over it rather than actually give it a chance to see whether or not it might be something interesting to watch. So yeah, that does fit right in with the typical MO of "those smarky IWC assholes".

R-Truth is absolutely AWFUL. This was the worst ending to Raw I can think of in recent memory. There is absolutely no way he is going to beat The Miz and John Cena at ER; I just don't see the point in putting in all the effort tonight for that, especially snubbing Ziggler and Morrison (maybe you shouldn't have trash-talked Trish, eh Johnny?)

Im actually a little bit intruiged by this; The last minute between r-truth and cena had some really good tension, It would be nice to see these two get in a short mini feud in my opinion. As long as they let K-kwik have a little more mic time (minus the whats ups) i think this could turn out to be very interesting in the next couple of weeks. Rarely do you see cena in a feud with someone who isnt a heel, and truth brings that griddy toughness that i think could create some interesting promos between the two. Everyone should give this time to develope before taking a hot dump all over it.

R-Truth: from the streets, legit thug, never givin a chance to shine
vs
John Cena: Hustle loyalty respect hard knocks vanilla ice poser boy

It could work.

Prediction: Miz leaves with the strap at extreme rules and a cena truth mini fued happens.

Most likely truth will just lose and fade back into midcard status, but you cant help but dream.

because jomo and melina had to start politics with trish and that prevented jomo from making a main event spot and thats the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. lucky enough some bum by the name of r-truth was chillin back stage to be in the right place at the right time.

I for one view this as a breath of fresh. After two years of Cena and Orton always in the WWE Title match, having some new faces in the title contention is very welcome. Those who criticise the change: please don't complain when Orton and Cena are the only ones in the title picture again because obviously support it if you keep complaining when a new wrestler is in the mix.

Also I'm glad they're giving a brother a chance. He puts in work and deserves a good push. Hopefully Truth turns bada** heel and punk both Miz and Cena's a** at ER and says FU to all you haters. That would be sweet!

Yeah, this is without a doubt one of the worst bookings in history. Nobody is going to believe that R Truth will win the championship. I guarantee that this was supposed to be Jomo's spot, but was given to Truth as punishment for his situation with Trish backstage.

If that's the case, then Jesus freaking Christ give it to somebody else.

EDIT: Although, if you think about it... this might not be that bad of a thing. As another user posted before me, it allows Jomo and Ziggler to have an AMAZING match Extreme Rules, and both of their pushes can keep happening slowly and methodically until they are ready for the main event.

But seriously, R Truth freaking suck ass. I don't even really feel like watching Extreme Rules just cuz of his involvement in the main event.

It's not my fault that the truth hurts brother, I just call it like it is. I've seen THOUSANDS of posts on this forum complaining about how predictable wrestling has become. Whenever the WWE is able to do something that people don't see coming, if anything, the criticism increases. I'm not "throwing that term around" it's just how it is.

You're absolutely throwing that term around. A guy that hasn't been on television in two months, not because he was injured, but because he was irrelevant, is suddenly thrust into the number one contendership...and I'm supposed to be happy about that because it's "unpredictable"? There is a fine line between "unpredictable" and "stupid". Why isn't Vince Russo hailed as a genius? TNA's booking sure is "unpredictable".

It's lazy booking, pure and simple. They've been doing this for awhile now. Hell, they just did it for Elimination Chamber whenever they had Jerry Lawler win that battle royal. Shock value for the sake of shock value is shit. Hotshotting jobbers into PPV main events should not be hailed as a breath of fresh air. It's stale, uncreative air.

Ah here we go, another armchair booker telling us exactly how things should be. So let's see, I guess guys like Sheamus or The Miz don't qualify as new stars? I guess it doesn't qualify that Dolph Ziggler & John Morrison have both found themselves in the middle of World Championship feuds in 2011? I guess the fact that Wade Barrett's ability to carry The Nexus in the feud against John Cena, becoming the most talked about feud of 2010, counts for nothing as well? In a nutshell, something happened that you don't personally like so you shit all over it rather than actually give it a chance to see whether or not it might be something interesting to watch. So yeah, that does fit right in with the typical MO of "those smarky IWC assholes".

Okay, aside from the Miz, where are all of those guys now? Where did these supposed pushes lead them? Sheamus was absolutely BURIED for months on top of months, and they are slowly attempting to repair his image as a credible threat that they spent months destroying. Ziggler? He goes from World Heavyweight Champion to jobbing to Snookie. When exactly was Morrison's "world title feud"? I remember him winning #1 contender, then having a title match on RAW before being sent back into mid-card purgatory. And Wade Barrett? For serial? He jobbed in two minutes to a makeshift team of mid-card shit at WrestleMania. If the WWE established any of these guys as a legit main event threat, that threat is already gone.

And, I'm glad you mentioned the Miz. He's exactly the kind of thing I want. Miz wasn't just midcard one day and then thrust into the main event all of a sudden. He had a rise. He wasn't languishing on Superstars and then headlining a PPV three weeks later. He had a long run with the U.S. title, won Money in the Bank, and THEN made his mark as a main event player. And when the Miz DID finally win the title, it was BELIEVABLE. R-Truth being in the title match at Extreme Rules ISN'T.

We all know that R-Truth or Cena is not going to walk out champ at E.R. They both gave us a good match tonight we actually so wrestling on a show that is not consider wrestling anymore. Yes the ending wasn't perfect but now we have another debate, who is going to help the Miz retain his title at E.R. I'm going on the record here and say we will see a heel turn by R-Truth or Cena at E.R. My pick is Cena because I strongly believe the time has come to redo his character, especially after how he was getting booed at Mania 27.

Remember a few years back when Cena was doin the whole thuganomics gimmick and R-truth was in TNA, they had a little war of words on the internet about who the best rapper is.

Then Truth comes to WWE and not to long ago when Nexus was kickin the shit out of Cena, Truth was telling Cena he should just quit, walk away nobody would blame him.

Now you have tonight, the heat between the two of them at the end of the match was cool to see, if they book this right it has the possibility of being entertaining. We might get a few battle raps out of this, and I think these to can work good together, you throw in the Miz and this could be a good match at extreme rules.

I really don't mind it, to tell the truth. Personally, I'm (one of the few apparently) who thinks that there's a potential star in R-Truth. Sure, the whole song and dance thing is annoying and he botches more then I'd like, but I still think he could eventually be something. In fact, I really liked how they were teasing a heel turn a while back with him, as I thought it would be something to make him more interesting and give him a better chance to go towards bigger and better things. So I'm kinda hoping this triple-threat situation leads to that, as I'm really interested to see where Truth could go as a heel.

People are gettin' way to serious about nothing with this match, he's not gonna win and we all know it, chill out. Besides, I think this is a lot better then a recycled Cena/Miz match.

For months and months now whenever the name R-Truth gets bought into the topic the first words out of everyone's mouth is..

God no..
He's the worst..
I freakin hate him..

ect.. ect.. ect..

I'd like to stake a claim that R-Truth does NOT suck! In fact in face terms if you have ever been to a live event R-Truth gets one of the biggest pops of the night next to John Cena & Randy Orton. Bigger then John Morrison, Bigger then Daniels, Bigger then Ziggler.

It might be the "kids".. but guess what? WWE is for kids now..

The IWC might HATE R-Truth just like the ICW HATES John Cena.. But in retrospect the kids LOVE R-Truth. Just like the kids LOVE John Cena!

R-Truth isn't going anywhere for a VERY long time, he might never be WWE Champion. But if he does he will be Champion before John Morrison & he will continue to bring a mix of excitement to the World Title & U.S Title scene.

R-Truth is one of the most physically talented & charismatic superstars in the WWE today according to Vince McMahon. Which is why he keeps getting opportunities other don't. His character might be "annoying" to most but it works better then 80% of the rest of the rosters gimmick.

In short..

The more we hate R-Truth, the more and more you will see of him..

I believe it will lead R-Truth to a WWE Championship one day..

Arguments are welcome!

Definitely surprised to see R-Truth all of a sudden end up with a title match, but if I had to guess what will happen will be that The Miz will retain by pinning R-Truth and continuing the Cena/Miz feud since Cena can say that Miz hasn't really beat him (The Rock's interference at WM and then pinning Truth at ER).

Chill out guys. He's a place holder. He'll do an adequate job. He's solid at just about everything. It's a match with 3 guys so it's not like he'll have to do a lot of the work. They're either going to have Cena or Miz win. They wanted to spice it up a bit with a triple threat. If you use Morrison or Ziggles or Orton then that kills it for them. It's okay to give Truth a shot and kill it.

Now if he wins, then you can shit bricks.

Plus it'll be extreme rules, it's not hard to be entertaining with 3 guys and weapons. They just needed a body, a babyface solidly over, solid in the ring, solid on the mic.

Plus a Cena/Truth rap battle would be fun.

I don't hate R-truth at all. I just see him as an upper mid carder at best. But it is great to see him get a WWE title shot. I don't expect him to win. But if he does i will be happy.

Morrison should be in this match but because of backstage problems he isnt.

R-Truth is only there because his gonna take all the extreme bumps cena would in a one on one enviroment but WWE wants Cena healthy for WM28.And Miz needs to go over someone clean and I doubt Cena is gonna be pinned.

Exactly, I don't hate truth but to me he hasn't proven to be worthy of the belt yet. Who knows, he just might suprise us.

I don't think he's been pushed to be champ yet but R Truth is far from sucking... I have always enjoyed him as ron killings and now as r truth. I think he can connect with the fans and they always say WASSUP back to him. He's definitely upper mid card material if not higher... wiht the right push he can possibly hold the strap but he should at the very least be competing for it and in main storylines, he is that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back