Why do people hate the Green Hornet movie?

I can understand why you'd like it, given your age and your attitude.

I'm going to perform a test on you; what are your thoughts on the Adam goodes situation of 2015?

It was a test to see if he's a salvageable human being, though the Australian media still trying to control things now is a very hilarious discussion that would be worthwhile in another section.

It was a test to see if he's a salvageable human being, though the Australian media still trying to control things now is a very hilarious discussion that would be worthwhile in another section.[/QUOTE) My man and her friends liked it the movie isn't low brow shut comedy it actually has actual funny jokes and the movie had good structure. As for the Adam Goods thing people were booing Jim because they didn't like how he was turning the game into a political playground and the agressive taunts he was giving towards the opisitions fans he was basically flipping them the bird by doing that spare taught. It had nothing to do with him being aboriginal. No other aboriginal player was being booed except Adam Goods. People also we're booing him because they didn't feel he was Australian of the year worthy he pretty much just got it because he played footy.

It was a test to see if he's a salvageable human being, though the Australian media still trying to control things now is a very hilarious discussion that would be worthwhile in another section.[/QUOTE) My nan and her friends liked it the movie isn't low brow shut comedy it actually has actual funny jokes and the movie had good structure. As for the Adam Goods thing people were booing Jim because they didn't like how he was turning the game into a political playground and the agressive taunts he was giving towards the opisitions fans he was basically flipping them the bird by doing that spare taught. It had nothing to do with him being aboriginal. No other aboriginal player was being booed except Adam Goods. People also we're booing him because they didn't feel he was Australian of the year worthy he pretty much just got it because he played footy.

A poorly formatted quote featuring a double post with what seems to be a rushed and poorly thought out opinion? Yeah basically that's what I expected.

I'm just gonna say this.

Shags that is not at all what Adam Goodes was doing. In a few years I reckon you will think exactly what I am going to say. How is it an issue that he called out a racist slur? This is actually where the whole thing has started. I don't care if the girl was younger, she shouldn't be saying that. You have to bring it to end at some point and unfortunately (not in my opinion, she deserves it. Well probably more the parents) she had to be the one to be called out. From then on he's getting booed because he's either 1) an asshole for calling a girl out who was yelling racist slurs, and/or 2) he's black.

Fast forward to the spear throwing incident and now people are offended that he does a culture dance in reaction to their booing which was racially driven. What logic is that? To say it wasn't racism is a joke because can you name one person who is an Aboriginal that had a problem with the spear throwing? Not even an Aboriginal would boo him because he was standing up for what is right. So now there is even more reason for racists to boo without being called out.

Dude is alegend of the game, was never booed before calling out the girl and had every right to do what he did. To say he made game into a political playground is ignoring the fact that there was a serious issue. Lewis Jetta did the same thing, probably even more aggressively towards my teams fan and me, at Subiaco against West Coast Eagles. You know what I did? I fucking loved it because he is standing up for what is right as well. Eagles fans aren't booing him and neither is anyone else?

The Aboriginal culture is the only true genuine culture of Australia, and yet even some of the Aborignal younger generations are forgetting it and throwing it away for a multi culture society. We need that for sure, but our roots are the Aborignal people. We should respect them and treat them like gods for keeping this land so perfect for hundred thousands/ millions of years, something we are doing the opposite of. Please remember that

I'm just gonna say this.

Shags that is not at all what Adam Goodes was doing. In a few years I reckon you will think exactly what I am going to say. How is it an issue that he called out a racist slur? This is actually where the whole thing has started. I don't care if the girl was younger, she shouldn't be saying that. You have to bring it to end at some point and unfortunately (not in my opinion, she deserves it. Well probably more the parents) she had to be the one to be called out. From then on he's getting booed because he's either 1) an asshole for calling a girl out who was yelling racist slurs, and/or 2) he's black.

Fast forward to the spear throwing incident and now people are offended that he does a culture dance in reaction to their booing which was racially driven. What logic is that? To say it wasn't racism is a joke because can you name one person who is an Aboriginal that had a problem with the spear throwing? Not even an Aboriginal would boo him because he was standing up for what is right. So now there is even more reason for racists to boo without being called out.

Dude is alegend of the game, was never booed before calling out the girl and had every right to do what he did. To say he made game into a political playground is ignoring the fact that there was a serious issue. Lewis Jetta did the same thing, probably even more aggressively towards my teams fan and me, at Subiaco against West Coast Eagles. You know what I did? I fucking loved it because he is standing up for what is right as well. Eagles fans aren't booing him and neither is anyone else?

The Aboriginal culture is the only true genuine culture of Australia, and yet even some of the Aborignal younger generations are forgetting it and throwing it away for a multi culture society. We need that for sure, but our roots are the Aborignal people. We should respect them and treat them like gods for keeping this land so perfect for hundred thousands/ millions of years, something we are doing the opposite of. Please remember that

That's about 110% more effort than you should have put into this :p

Do we now turn this into the official WZ "What happened during the Adam Goodes saga?" thread? Or is it more of a "Let's educate Shagz so the next time he's chatting about something he can maybe think about it from a wider scope" sorta thing?

That's about 110% more effort than you should have put into this :p

Do we now turn this into the official WZ "What happened during the Adam Goodes saga?" thread? Or is it more of a "Let's educate Shagz so the next time he's chatting about something he can maybe think about it from a wider scope" sorta thing?

Hahaha I know, I just got in a zone and couldn't stop.

I like the latter. But "BOY OH BOY!" I wouldn't argue with the former.

images

Reactions: M
My man and her friends
Somehow it manages to go down hill from here

As for the Adam Goods thing people were booing Jim because they didn't like how he was turning the game into a political playground
Except he didn't the media did

and the agressive taunts he was giving towards the opisitions fans he was basically flipping them the bird by doing that spare taught.
If you honestly think this i feel sorry for you. How is it doing an aboriginal dance in the round that celebrates indigenous players a fuck you to anyone?

It had nothing to do with him being aboriginal. No other aboriginal player was being booed except Adam Goods
1. I'm pretty sure this is false and there were in fact other players booed towards the end of the saga. 2. When aboriginal people tell you not to do something because they feel it is racist. You should probably stop
People also we're booing him because they didn't feel he was Australian of the year worthy he pretty much just got it because he played footy.
Fuck me somehow this is the dumbest thing you have said. He didnt get Australian of the Year for playing footy. He got it because of the work he did in the aboriginal community

This is why i didnt want this shit bought up M

I'm sure he meant to say "Nan and her friends". Nan is a common term for Nana, which is how some cultures say grandmother.

STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT!

Seth Rogen just doesn't do it for me as a superhero. I know that the Green Hornet was supposed to be silly, but at times it tried really really hard not to be.

Why did they play Johnny Cash's cover of "I Hung My Head" when the main character found out that his Dad died? The song is about a kid who faces the death penalty because he accidentally kills a guy, that would have been a much more interesting origin story if that kid turned out to be The Green Hornet. Seth Rogen trying to get an audience to empathize with his character's pain was not gonna' happen.

Let's face it, Seth Rogen is a pud. He's a doughy sweaty book fanatic who uses "Uh huh. Yup. *goofy laugh*" as an answer to almost any question that's asked of him. If you want comedy and action, pick Jon Hamm or maybe bring Val Kilmer back into the mix.

This movie jumped the shark so many times that it had me too overwhelmed by the stupidity to find humor in Seth's comic style. They were buried in their car and they up and used rockets to blast themselves out of the ground. Umm, no. They would have a-sploded.

The only things I liked about The Green Hornet were Christoph Waltz and the very brief mention of Bruce Lee. I give it -5000 out of 10.

Somehow it manages to go down hill from here

Except he didn't the media did

If you honestly think this i feel sorry for you. How is it doing an aboriginal dance in the round that celebrates indigenous players a fuck you to anyone?

1. I'm pretty sure this is false and there were in fact other players booed towards the end of the saga. 2. When aboriginal people tell you not to do something because they feel it is racist. You should probably stop

Fuck me somehow this is the dumbest thing you have said. He didnt get Australian of the Year for playing footy. He got it because of the work he did in the aboriginal community

This is why i didnt want this shit bought up M

Adam Goods started the whole thing, he did turn it into a political playground. A lot of people do much more work in the aboriginal community than Adam Goods.

Adam Goods started the whole thing, he did turn it into a political playground. A lot of people do much more work in the aboriginal community than Adam Goods.

It doesn't fucking matter if it was a aboriginal dance or not it was still offensive. Either way Adam Goods acted like a fucking pussy by not playing because of boos and trying to control the whole crowd to not boo him.

Anyway stop changing the subject about a conversation that is a year old.

Meh.

You're extremely unlikely to ever get out of prison, and even if you do fluke a not shit week when KB is feeling generous, the rest of your people will know what you are. I'd say that's a mission accomplished.

Like I said before. He pointed out a racist slur, so he was actually stopping was was already started. Gets booed.

Do you find the Haka offensive? Because they actually do that every game, not in retaliation to fucked up racists. Yet the Haka isn't offensive, though I'll be fucked if I was a major sport star and had to stand in front of that on my home ground. I would turn my back. Not in NZ though because that is their land but that's for another topic. Just saying it's the same thing.

It doesn't fucking matter if it was a aboriginal dance or not it was still offensive. Either way Adam Goods acted like a fucking pussy by not playing because of boos and trying to control the whole crowd to not boo him.

The guy is old enough to retire regardless. Just dude cmon.

Meh.

You're extremely unlikely to ever get out of prison, and even if you do fluke a not shit week when KB is feeling generous, the rest of your people will know what you are. I'd say that's a mission accomplished.

You know what, go fuck yourself.

You have given me nothing but shit since I was sent here in Prison.
I was sent here to be rehabilitated not to be a personal whipping boy for your low life self esteem.

You have a guy in here making you look like a complete moron and I say it's not difficult to use the forums on a smartphone.

You decide to tell me to go fuck myself. You're really not very smart are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back