Who's Your Favorite Superstar Today?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
I feel like this question doesn't get asked enough around here (and if it does I'm sorry, haven't noticed) and I'm interested to see what everybody says. Honestly, until just about now, I haven't really thought about who my FAVORITE guy on the roster is and I was actually kind of surprised when I took the time to think and make a decision. So sit back, just be a fan for a bit, and give love to the guy you think deserves it.

For me, the #1 guy in the WWE is Bray Wyatt. Some may not understand the allure of Bray Wyatt and I respect that, but if you're one of those fans who hangs on his every word and pops when he comes out, than you know what I'm talking about. I just think everything the guy says is gold, and everything has a meaning whether we realize it or not. Idk, I guess I love the characters who are tough to figure out. He's also coming into his own in the ring now as well and is really starting to act like the powerhouse that he is. He's probably the most hard-hitting guy on the roster in the ring, and can take an ass kicking when he has to. Basically, I think he's got a great character, amazing mic skills, and sooner or later he'll develop into a top ring general as well.

So, who's your absolute favorite guy going right now and why? WWE or otherwise.

For me it's Dean Ambrose. There is so many ways they could go with his character and I see him constantly tweaking it, and that is refreshing.

When the Shield were together, the three of them were my favourites , I've always like Ambrose. He's funny, witty, able to ad-lib when needed, decent in the ring and he had one of the feuds of the year with Rollins.

I can see him going far and holding the title belt later down the line, and what I like is the fact that he like Rollins has totally changed his gimmick from when he was a Shield member. Reigns is a close second, but he is the one who has dropped the furthest in my opinion and needs the most help. He's by far the most inexperienced of the group and while he's in the title run right now, he's the least ready for it.

But Ambrose is the most entertaining to watch. You just never know where he's going to show up or what he's going to do next.

I'll tell you three:

TNA: Bobby Rood, hands down. Over the years Roode has proved he is capable of being the face of the company and has improved so much in his years. Whether he's in a tag team battle or a singles match, Roode does not fail to impress.

WWE: Seth Rollins. I have enjoyed watching Rollins rise to the top of the WWE. After the Shield broke up he cemented himself as a main event talent. His mixture of mics kills, charisma, look, and arsenal are enough to make him be the biggest thing going on in the WWE, face or heel.

Free Agent: Bully Ray. Holy shït, what a transformation this guy had at such a late stage of his career! I think TNA dropped the ball not resigning him and WWE will make a mistake if they don't pick him up and let him continue the character. He made a revolution from Bubba Ray Duddly to Bully Ray and I love the end result.

In singles it's definitely Dean Ambrose as he has all the tools. He can wrestle but he also has the psychology down that makes him a must watch. On the Tag team side it is the Young Bucks.

I enjoy watching both Reigns and Ambrose.
I like that both of their characters in ideal booking scenarios, are loners who go about stuff by themselves. I find it sad that after being betrayed, they were still put into random 6-man tags, etc... that was a huge betrayal of their character directions after the break-up, lMO.

Ambrose, in his feud with Rollins got to explore his character well and that endeared him to fans. Immediately post-Mania 30, there were rumours of big pushes for Reigns, Bryan and Wyatt... and that has proven true. Hopefully, Ambrose is in line for a big push sometime next year, after they teased him in the Main Event for about a month or so post TLC.

Reigns on the other hand, got his injury, and then there was a clear attempt at completely changing his character. Fortunately, it didn't work out and now, I feel, they have started to explore his character without changing his badass persona... though, making him look like a fool at times makes me cringe at times.

Currently my favorite wrestler is definitely Seth Rollins. He has been in an ascending phase all this year (hopefully the recent scandal won't hold him back). He's great on the mic and amazing in the ring. Basically he turns to gold whatever thing he is in.

On a close second I'd put EC3, he's less spectacular than Rollins in the ring, but equally as awesome as a heel (probably even better on the mic).

Also Kevin Steen/Owens is getting up there fast now that he is in NXT.

I'm a fan of Seth Rollins. I haven't seen many of his matches as I've only just started getting back into wrestling the the last 3 or 4 months but I just like everything about him hey. He constantly puts on good matches and he was in one of the best factions in the last decade or so. Everything about him is intriguing to me. I am still wondering what's going to happen with his MITB case. Like the dude has just really got me back into wrestling. Ambrose is good but I'm not a fan of Reigns. I don't hate him but he doesn't have that Batista big guy feel to me which was one of the reasons why I liked Batista. Don't mind if he is in the main event though. However it is Rollins that I am most interested in.

Also I am going to say John Cena. No matter what I am always going to be able to watch his matches. His promos maybe get repetitive but I think he can do it well so I can watch it all the time. The dude gets so much hate but I just respect how he goes about his business and still puts on a show 99/100 times. The dude is a true legend and once he leaves then maybe he will get the respect he is due by everyone and not just a select few.

For me,there's a hard tie between Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins but Dean Ambrose being slight more than Seth Rollins. Ambrose needs a strong push. His feud with Wyatt ruined his momentum for a bit. He main evented two PPVs. I like him more for his character and how brilliantly he plays it. When you start running he will be right behind you oh and it looks way awesome. His mic work is also excellent. He is a beloved babyface which many are not on current roster. Anyways,my favourite is Ambrose.

Superstar? Damn that VKM brainwashing, it's wrestler!

My favourite wrestler has been a tough one lately... wrestling has been in such a good state! In WWE Bryan, definitely. TNA I haven't watched in a long time, but Austin Aries was my favourite and just a fantastic talent who excelled in all areas. When he won the world title was amazing.

However my favourite wrestler currently is Shinsuke Nakamura, who wrestles for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Now I only really got into Japanese wrestling a year and a half ago. I don't think I've ever seen him in a bad match. He can wrestle well, stands out with a unique gimmick, is dominant but at the same time puts people over where necessary.

My favourite wrestler is and always has been Triple H. Go ahead and laugh, I've come to terms with the fact that he'll constantly be underrated and undervalued by the WWE universe. The same fans who constantly slam him for holding back talents with little to no proof, simply because he was the foil for fan favourites like Stone Cold and The Rock.

For me, I've bought into the hype with The Game. He was the World Champion when I started watching WWE and he has been my favourite since then. Like him or hate him, he's been fiercely loyal to the WWE, even when things got hard. Most wrestlers who have worked with him will tell you just how dedicated and passionate he is about the business. And I've always thought it showed.

I just started watching Japanese Wrestling like two years ago, but I've tried to watch as many clips, and have been ordering every New Japan Show I can, and If I were to say who my favorite wrestler is going right now would be Shinsuke Nakamura, with Kota Ibushi a 2nd. Kota Ibushi Vs Kenny Omega was the match that really got me into watching Wrestling outside of the U.S (I do watch PWG and ROH) but Shinsuke Nakamura has this charisma about him that's just unmatched, his matches are incredible, especially his recent one with Kota, and I just love his style. He's by far my favorite wrestler right now, but Kota Ibushi comes second. And finally Kenny Omega a 3rd.

When it comes to WWE it would have to be Bray Wyatt, (even with Hideo in NXT). Yea you have guys like Cesaro, Bryan, and a bunch of other wrestlers that are better in-ring, but I just love Wyatts character. I really do. And I still think he's pretty damn good in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back