Whos the better...part 2: HHH or John Cena

• Triple H

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexican Geek

It's good to be back!
i was in the other "better wrestler" thread (HBK vs Cena) and i could notice a lot of aspects besides being technically better, trained by a better trainer, etc etc... i dont know who sells more (i think HHH) but the market is different now than 5 years ago... so taking all the points mantioned in the other thread...

Triple H, hands down.

He has put GREAT CLASSICS vs Austin, Rock, Taker, and i can keep listing them...
Charisma?? HA! HHH can easily turn an entire arena on him in less than 5 seconds... and he's funny as hell!! Cena is good, but anyone can see he copied a lot of HHH promo tricks over the time.

but as someone posted, maybe in a few years Cena can actually learn how to wrestle and become a big thing, not only a Marketing product (Batista, Goldberg, etc)

in the meantime, he's just a piece of crap!! and i hate him!! :)

Easily Triple H, While people may disagree with his backstage politics it doesn't impact how good of a pro wrestler he is, he invented his own finisher, not many can say they did that. But as for classics, he made Vince McMahon look good in that match at Armageddon 2000 I think I can't remember. He has done his dues in that he screwed up with the MSG incident and was jobbed out for a bit after that. He jobbed early in his career to Ultimate Warrior. He does the Job if it helps the business, Cena on the other hand hasn't done his due time either in the Indies or WWE. Cena uses a move I can do on my mates with no training and they would be safe, the Pedigree is dangerous. Triple H is also a student of the Game, John Cena doesn't appear to be. The number of Classic matches is far and away above those with Cena.

Wow, this is like Muhammad Ali (prime) fighting a kid with Down Syndrome. Triple H by far. Triple H essentially made John Cena what he is today, so that is one point for Triple H.

For my true feelings on Triple H, I would suggest checking out Shadowmancer's Wrestler of the Week in the Old School Section, but to summarize. Triple H is a no good, back stage politicing move banning, piece of shit, fair enough. There is no denying however that Triple H has been the best in ring wrestler the WWE has had the better part of a decade.

People bitched that Triple H was on top, just like Cena. Triple H was on top, because Vince wanted a heel champ at the time, and he was boinking the boss's daughter. Now things have changed and we are force fed our weekly dose of John Cena each week, so they come out even on that aspect.

Triple H though, destroys Cena in the ring. Triple H doesn't get rattled in the ring, John Cena does (ONS II). Triple H makes others look good, John Cena requires others to make him look good. Triple H can go an hour without 20 minutes worth of rest holds and keep you entertained, John Cena can't. Triple H doesn't need stupid ass gimmick moves like "the Five Knuckle Shuffle" to stay over, John Cena needs it.

So pretty much in every aspect Triple H blows John Cena away. Triple H is watchable and entertaining, John Cena is neither.

I am amazed that this question is even being asked...really this is like comparing Michael Jordan with OJ Mayo. So I'm going to say John Cena hand downs as this man is god's gift to professional wrestling...hell no just messing, but honestly it is Triple H no questions or doubts about that at all.

I will agree with Shocky about Triple H being the biggest ass kisser and control freak ever since he is in the pants of Stephanie McMahon and is now in the McMahon family. But looking at Triple H the wrestler he has been a constant in the ring even with his injuries he has been the stepping stone in WWE the last 5 years at least.

I know many will say that, "Well Triple H was on top of RAW forever for awhile from 2001 to 2005, and that is just what Cena is doing." Yet, those people fail to realize that Triple h was the best at that time on RAW and yeah he was forced down our throats for awhile, but he gave it his all in the ring and put on a good show unlike Cena who cant even pull a good match if his life depended on it. Triple H was never controversial like Cena is as Triple H was always a heel and played that up while Cena tried to be a face and can never get a full face reaction. Triple H is a ring general and he can sell an injury unlike Cena who couldn't at the biggest stage of them all at Wrestlemania.

Triple H is just over all better and can get himself over with the fans but doing his thing and his ring work as Cena needs gimmicks galore to stay on top as without all his little gimmick like the marine salute he be booed out the building. Triple H is a guy I'm willing to pay money to see wrestle and he is one damn fine entertainer, while Cena on the other hand isn't anywhere near the game and isn't worth the price of admission to a WWE event

I always love when these two guys get compared, because the similarities between them are simply amazing. Both are guys who got over as a face with a heel gimmick. Both are guys who were probably made champion before they deserved to be so. Both are guys who have taken INCREDIBLE flak over the years, and not just related to face/heel. Both are guys who were given enormous pushes.

It always cracks me up when people complain about John Cena, and then praise Triple H.

I voted for John Cena, not because I think he is necessarily better, but because I just don't like Triple H. In my opinion, Triple H is incredibly overrated in the ring. Now, I'm not saying he is bad, just that he is not worthy of the masterpiece he's portrayed to be.

People also need to remember two things when comparing "classic matches". First, HHH has seven years of age, and about 9 years of professional wrestling experience on John Cena. That's 9 more years of getting over with the crowd, 9 more years of matches, and 9 more years of chances to put on classics. Second, people need to remember that HHH has only had classic matches with great wrestlers. It's not like he's carried workers to great matches. Give John Cena 9 more years and more guys like Steve Austin, Rock, and Chris Benoit to work with, and let's see if he doesn't have quite a collection of classic matches as well. He's already had a couple to this point.

Triple H though, destroys Cena in the ring. Triple H doesn't get rattled in the ring, John Cena does (ONS II).
On the contrary, Cena didn't get rattled at ONS II, Cena played the Hammerstein crowd like the fools they were. He wasn't rattled, he was very much in control.

Triple H makes others look good, John Cena requires others to make him look good.
Who has Triple H made to look good? Batista? Is that it? Is there anyone else?

Triple H can go an hour without 20 minutes worth of rest holds and keep you entertained, John Cena can't.
I honestly don't remember any rest holds in his match with Umaga at Royal Rumble, or any rest holds in his match with RVD at ONS 2. In addition, I can think of plenty of matches where Triple H stalls forever. His Hell in a Cell match with HBK immediately comes to mind. A 50 minute match that could have been had in 30.

Triple H doesn't need stupid ass gimmick moves like "the Five Knuckle Shuffle" to stay over, John Cena needs it.
No, because clearly a sledgehammer is common in wrestling.

Triple H has been and still is over with the crowd. He's one of the best performers that the WWE has today, in terms of banking power and wrestling. Which is more than I can say for some wrestlers.

Despite what he has done backstage, it really doesn't hurt what he's done for the business. HHH was on top for awhile, but you must remember when he was down. He had to job to Ultimate Warrior of all people and had to job for awhile in mid-to-late 1996. Triple H was also a good technical wrestler in the early 90's. Some people may read that and say ''WTF?'' but he actually did have good matches in WCW, in the short time he was there, and at the beginning of his run in the WWF. He skyrocketed as WWF's top heel for quite awhile in 1999-2000. The guy was absolutely hated I tell ya.

When he left DX, that's when he really got heat. In my opinion, Triple H was one of the ultimate heels in the business. You loved to hate him, but at times, you wish you could like him. He oozed charisma and had incredible mic skills. He had classic matches in which he didn't have to get carried. Sure, he's had more than his fair share of Title reigns, but that doesn't really affect the way I see him wrestling today. If HHH was that greedy, he would've beaten Batista, beaten Cena, and beaten Benoit. But he didn't.

In Cena's defense...well, there's not much to say. He got over quickly because of his rapping gimmick. How original. He was alright in 2003-2004, but once 2005 hit, the guy got really annoying. Fans started noticing that once he turned into the whitemeat babyface, that his wrestling skills sucked. In 2003, I thought Cena had tons of charisma, but he could never work a lick in the ring. What had saved him from being a disaster was that heels could use weapons, and boy, did he use them.

Cena's not a great seller. Not just basing off what happened at WrestleMania 23, but many of his matches show him falling the same way. I guess it's just because he's made to look like Superman (Shrug). Cena hasn't had many classic matches and he reeks in charisma when you compare him with Triple H.

I give it to Triple H, and this question shouldn't even be asked. Sure, there'll be some Cena n00bs who will vote for him, but comparing him against a guy like Triple H's stature is just too much for me to handle.

This is got to be one of the funniest polls of recent memory. Reasons I like HHH more than Cena? Better execution of offense in the ring in terms of speed, precision, timing, and just plain snap of each maneuver. Selection of offense and skill at building a match correctly? HHH again hands down. Cena's selection of moves is probably the dumbest thing I've seen this side of the People's Elbow or The Worm. Sure, HHH has the experience edge on Cena, but the difference between the two is that nobody had to convince people that HHH was able to hold his own in the ring as a main event player once he got there because he was able to do it before he got the "I humped my boss' daughter" preferential treatment. He was already a decent worker by the time he made it to WCW and only improved as the 1990's came to a halt. Cena has pretty much blown goats in the ring since day one. It's funny, because I can't stand HHH, but I'd actually rather watch his nepotistic ass hotdog the belt instead of Vince McMahon spending millions of dollars and loads of airtime trying to trick me into believing that John Cena doesn't suck by feeding him every worthwhile (and some lousy) piece(s) of talent that stroll through Smackdown/Raw. Do I think either is perfect? Hell no. I just think HHH sucks less on the whole. As for the argument that Cena is still young and "seasoning." What kind of horse$hit defense is that? He's been pushed to the moon already. Undeservingly, I might add. HHH at least didn't get there until he was ready. That's why it was insanely easy for him to get and stay over. I don't particularly like waiting for a main eventer to come into his own while he's already in the main event! That's what he should be doing in the friggin' midcard, hence its purpose. HHH does get heavy points deducted for sporting those damned awful mutton chops.

I don't know how people can compare these two!
In my opinion they are both great wrestlers, and they both have there flaws, but like what slyfox said, HHH has had so much more time in the WWE than Cena, and all these classic matches you talk about (Rock, Stone Cold, Taker etc), Cena either hasen't had the chance, or just doesn't have many other resourceful wrestlers to do it with.
I personally think his feud with Michaels, even though it dragged a little, was brilliant as they put on some brilliant matches.
I think a lot of this Cena bashing is given for the wrong reasons!

Cena was rattled in my opinion. He went to the top rope to try and appeal to the ECW crowd when they started the same old shit chants. He didn't play the crowd, the crowd played him. He fucked up several times in that match. Towards the end of the match he calmed down, I'll give him that, but the first half of that match, he was rattled. But hey, I respect it, it's like people reading the Bible, everyone interprets things differently, that's why you have hundreds of branches of Christianity that all claim they interpret the Bible their way.

Triple H can go an hour if need be. The Iron Man Match he had witht he Rock was far more enjoyable then the Michaels/Hart WM 12 match. Cena has yet to proven he can go a half an hour and make it look good. Granted he hasn't been in many of those matches, but three years in as a champion, he should have had several.

The Sledgehammer is an accessory, not a necessity. He can make a good match without the Hammer being involved, whereas Cena makes sure to get the 5 Knuckle Shuffle in every time.

Triple H has had countless great matches on Raw that were worth watching. He made Goldberg look watchable several times. I'll take his matches with Michaels and Benoit over Cena's matchups with those two as well. Triple H vs. Angle on many occasions, far more entertaining then Cena/Angle. Jericho and Triple H, take any of those encounters, better then Cena/Y2J. It takes two to tango obviously, but Triple H is the perfect dance partner that can play off easily with the other wrestler, whereas Cena is getting drug along and hits his five moves of doom at the end.

I agree, HBK/Triple H Hell In the Cell, while a good wrestling match, was a horrible Cell match and failed to Deliver. Good match, wrong environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back