Who will be the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion?

pgerasucks

Dark Match Winner
so ok this is my first thread and i will get straight to the point my first question is who do you think will be the next tna champion?next question is who do you think deserves the title the most in the company?no bashing either companys unless you are making a valid point.I think kurt angle will work his way all the way up the rankings and go on to beat rvd for the title.I think desmond wolf deserves it next more than anybody though.

I agree that desmond wolfe deserves it more than anyone on the roster. However I can just see it being Kurt Angle. Even though I am not the biggest fan of it I think that he is TNA at the moment, and just deserves to be at the top.

I'd like to see Mr. Anderson win it. He's got everything to be a champ and got jibbed out of a world title run in '07 after he had to drop MITB to Edge due to injury.

Hey Yo!

Let's be real, and i mean Damn Real.

Rob Van Dam has been average as champion almost lacklustre, sometimes i forget he is champion because sometimes he doesn't even come out with the title, he just not the guy that stands out as a World Champion.

The best two candidates right now are probably Mr. Anderson......Andersooooon he is real hot right now and this is a very good time to make him champion.

A man who i think could easily pull it off and be an awesome champion would be The Pope D'angelo Dinero he has got to be one of TNA's best for sure. Right now and it would be a fresh interesting face of TNA.

I'll go in order...

1. Jeff Hardy-because I'd much rather see another Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle Match, more so though I want to see their feud. Someone has already said it, but Jeff was on the biggest rise of most any superstar in history but decided to leave WWE. I just think if he could rid of those charges he could surpass most people on the TNA roster.

2. Kurt Angle-personally I think that Desmond should be in this position but he'll get past management's arrogance eventually. But it's obvious that he's going to headline Bound For Glory against the Champ, and more likely than not, that means Angle vs. RVD, which doesn't sound too bad.

3. Mr. Anderson/ Pope D'Angelo Dinero-both are too amazing in their own way, so obviously it's too difficult to decide on either one over the other. Both would make fantastic challengers and eventual champions to either RVD or Angle, or even Jeff if the charges magically drop.

4. Jay Lethal-Eventually he will get there, I only put him here because he could surprise us even still by passing other greats in the hunt.

You're asking two very different questions, IMO – one being who deserves to be the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion, which hinges on an number of aspects that may not necessarily apply themselves viably to anything going on in the story that is TNA right now, and two being who I think will be the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion, which hinges much more so on a number of aspects that do apply themselves viably to the story that is TNA.

So, to answer these questions separately, as I feel is the only fair way to do so..

Kurt Angle or as much as it pains me to say it, Abyss, will be the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion, as those two are the closest in story to logically winning it at any given point between now and the next few months.

Pope, Mr. Anderson and Jeff Hardy all deserve to win the title, as all have been busting their ass to redefine their characters a bit since joining TNA. Pope is as up and coming as up and coming gets, Anderson is over like a mother fucker, and Jeff Hardy is Jeff Hardy, no more words (all pun intended) needed.

I think IDR pretty much said it best. It sounds like we're talking about two different questions: Who is going to be the next champ and who deserves to be.

As to who is going to be the next champ, I also think it's going to be Kurt Angle or Abyss. Kurt Angle's entire storyline of running through the top 10 contenders is ultimately going to be pretty meaningless without the payoff of winning the title again. Abyss is someone that Hulk Hogan is a fan of and Abyss has been pushed hard. Abyss is still cheesy, but he's not as cheesy as he used to be.

As for who deserves it...hmmm well I'd have to say that Desmond Wolfe is my top guy. However, Wolfe hasn't won a match in about 5 o 6 months and have been used for absolute compost in 2010. Anderson is over with the fans and cuts great promos and all but, like Wolfe, I can't recall the last time the guy won a match. He doesn't seem nearly as strong now as he did when feuding with Kurt Angle. Jeff Hardy won't be anywhere near the TNA World Heavyweight Championship in any meaningful capacity until it's determined whether or not he's gonna be somebody's bunky and get passed around the cell block for a few years. Also, I think Hardy's time in TNA has been pretty lackluster due to his legal problems. Maybe things would have been different and he would have been pushed differently, but that's neither here nor there. The Pope is popular and cuts good promos like Anderson, but he's not ready to be champ. Considering he's been out for months, only wrestled a single match thus far and is a match he lost, I can't say he deserves it right now.

Overall, I think TNA is in sort of a piss poor state as to who the next champ will be. Angle is TNA's Triple H when it comes to the title scene, Anderson, Wolfe & Pope aren't strong enough as challengers right now and Hardy is waiting to see if he's still going to be a free man before the year's out.

Who is deserving of the title - Abyss (Has been in the company since the beginning while RVD has been in it for 5 or 6 months. Yet both are 1 time TNA World Champions. Dont agree on wrestlers just walking into a company and being handed the belt and psycho Abyss could take the product forward)

Who i'd like to see with the belt - AJ Styles (My favorite wrestlers with the best in-ring work in the business. Didnt like how the longest serving champion lost his belt on an episode of Impact!)

RVD should lose the belt at the next PPV as it has been a very lackluster run with barely anything exciting happening. A change is needed as soon as possible!

I don't agree with the people who say Wolfe is most deserving. I think he is a very good wrestler and it's obvious that a lot of people are fond of him, myself included, but it's not like he's been in the company for a very long time. While I think he would make a good champion, I don't think he necessarily deserves it more than others on the roster.

The person I think will be the next champion is Jeff Hardy, assuming all his charges clear up. It's interesting because Jeff is the first wrestler I have ever really despised, but over the past couple of years I have kind of grown to like him a little. He's not a favorite of mine by any stretch but I finally can understand why people would like him. Anyway I just have a feeling that, as long as the charges clear up, TNA will really try to push Hardy and he'll end up with the title. If not Hardy, then I'm sure Abyss will win the title, just so Angle is able win it from a heel.

As for who I would personally want to be the next champion, it's Mr. Anderson. He's been my favorite current wrestler since his WWE debut. I just am not sure though whether TNA would give him the title yet, especially since he hasn't exactly been winning a lot of matches lately.

I'm gonna answer what the title asks.

The title of the thread said:
Who will be the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion?

Given the current storyline, it seems like Abyss is poised to grab the belt at Hardcore Justice. Whether he hits RVD with Janice or not remains to be seen, however I also see his reign being transitional as we reach October's Bound For Glory event. Given the "they" angle and their desire to have RVD lose, it seems to fit the bill that they will show up to screw RVD as desired.

However I thought that Victory Road would see Mr. Anderson or Jeff Hardy become World Champion given their story, but nothing came from it, so I really won't 100% say Abyss will get it, but he is a strong guess at this point, given Van Dam's rather lackluster run.

I think the next champ will be Abyss and it will be Abyss v Angle at BFG. The last PPV match they had was a classic and they have good chemistry. Abyss will be the unstoppable monster by this time and Angle will take him out.

As much as I would like to see it, theres just no way they could put the strap on Wolfe with the way theyve been using him for the last few months(feels like forever). Hes lost shit loads of credibility in the casual fans eyes. He needs to be built back up like he was with his debut feud with angle, that is a distant memory or becoming one anyway. Build him back up let him do his shit in the ring and he could carry the strap with EASE.

Reactions: gd
Abyss will take it soon, surely. RVD's had his time with the belt, it hasn't worked out. Hell, I was sure he was going to lose it last PPV. I'm guessing Abyss will be taking the title home at some point soon, of course depending on whatever the hell is going on with Dreamer and Co.

I'm not sure what who is deserving means, but if you're referring to the best possible option, that'd definetly be Kurt. I'm sure he'll get there as well, once he works through the rankings that is. Hopefully they have it timed right so the apex occurs at BFG, which is clearly what should happen.

As much as I like Wolfe's potential, I would not book him to the top so fast. He should be being built up more than he is but sending him straight to the top seems excessive. I would much rather see him get a Lethal type storyline than a title with no build.

The main guys that I think are in the running for the title are Abyss, Hardy, Anderson, Joe and Angle. Everyone except Anderson deserves it storyline-wise and Anderson makes up for his win-loss record with being on fire popularity wise. I still think in the midst of the current storyline structure Anderson should wait. It might not hurt to see if he intends to re-sign before he gets the title anyway. The big question is who they want Angle to face when he becomes the number one contender? Do they want RVD's long title run vs Angle? I say probably not even though there would definitely be some intrigue there. The main problem is 3 more months of RVD and Angle winning is not that exciting for a product with a lot of unpredictable excitement buzz at the moment. Hardy probably has to work out his court stuff first so it is between Joe and Abyss. Abyss seems the most likely when you look at the stories and the potential match. Unstoppable heel monster vs unstoppable babyface is pretty compelling and the "they" storyline could continue in the main event scene. Although I have wondered ever since they started this top 10 thing if they wanted a Joe-Angle BFG so I have trouble giving up that dream, especially when the Abyss choice seems almost too obvious.

I dont really care whos champ as long as it isnt Desmond or Anderson. Im sick of the title hogging RVD. Give it to someone who deserves it like Abyss or James Storm. Loyal since day 1.

Someone good with alot of potential.

NOT JAY LETHAL!

I personally see it being Kurt Angle for this reason, Abyss storyline isnt about the title, this whole "they" angle was in effect before he was the #1 contender, TNA seems to have the old wrestling feel were the the champion vs challenger as its own storyline, and then all the spicey $hyt like the abyss and "they", fortune, MCMGvs BM, develop on their own. Especially bringing some prestige to a their title would be good for the company to show that if you win the belt its becuse you are the best not because you were lucky or its a round roulette with the companies world title belt. And ever since i saw that match on free tv of aj styles vs angle, it gave me the feel that TNA wants great matches, and its no disrespect to abyss but RVD vs Angle is a better quality lengthy match up then Abyss vs Angle.

However TNA needs a huge storyline and so its not out of this realm that they let Abyss carry it out. And have this "they" be so important that it effects the world title picture... One thing i have respected about TNA is the belt is defended with a winner and a loser cleanly, so perhaps a change is imminent. I think its a waste to have someone like Abyss as your mainevent even co mainevent guy but TNA might feel otherwise the way i look at it is the whole "they" storyline is going to be jsut as good whether abyss is champ or not

Who will be and who should be will get different answers. Kurt Angle or Abyss (sadly) will be the next TNA Champion.

Jeff Hardy or Mr. Anderson should be, though. Hardy should get a reign to see if his star power can translate into ratings and PPV buys for them and Anderson is just on fire and is by far the most entertaining character in the company right now.

I'm just going to say it lol. I think it should go to the Blueprint himself. I mean, the guy is great in the ring, he's a great heel and has the gimmick for it and is great on the mic, especially when he used to refer to himself in the plural. Don't know what you guys think but I vote for him as a solid choice right now.

I'm gonna say either Jeff Hardy or Mr. Kenn....Anderson.

Jeff definately has a large fan base and making him world champ could give him that extra boost he needs.

Anderson also has potential as he is a great talker and a very gifted athlete. I could just imagine him saying "I did it...for the assholes."

What I don't know is how either one of these two could take the title with both being faces, which means that one of them(or the champ) could make a heel turn.

For the question of who wil be the next champion, I'm going to say Abyss although I feel he will hold it farther than Bound For Glory. I think Angle will either have a match with Samoa Joe or AJ Styles at BFG and Abyss will be defending the title against Jeff Hardy or RVD. Then maybe Genesis, Angle will defeat Abyss for the title.

As for who deserves to be champion, I will say The Pope. I think he's the most over babyface in TNA besides Angle. The guy has the charisma and mic skills, and can put on a good match given the right opponent. This is the number 2 guy that TNA needs besides AJ Styles to be a face of the company, and I feel if he wins the title then this can put him in that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back