Who will be the NEXT first time world champion?

Ultra Awesome

Im standing in Brooklyn/
Throughout all of wrestling history, we have seen champions being crowned for the very first time. There have been many memorable momments to this certain type of situation. Memmories invovling that of great legends such as the Rock, Stone Cold, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels, and of course, John Cena. To be crowned world champion, truly something every wrestler that makes it in the WWE desires. Unfortunately, not all make it to this phase in their life, whether that be fair or not, it really doesn't matter right now as this is not the point of this thread.

Now we take a trip to around 9 months ago. We saw a certain Irish become champion for the very first time. I am talking, of course, about Sheamus. But he's not the most recent first time champion. A few months later, we saw the All American American become champion as well. However botched both their wins were, in the long run, it doesn't really matter because they still ended up as champions.

By now, I'm pretty sure you guys know what I am getting at. In fact, it should be fairly obvious. Just as the title of this thread asks...

Who do you guys think will be the next first time champion?.

With all the recent push of superstars, one of them will eventually become champion. My question is who do you guys think will be first. I'm guessing the most obvious pick will be the Miz considering the fact that he has the 'Money In The Bank' briefcase. So, I'm going to add a [minor] stipulation to the thread. If you decide to choose the Miz (which I am certain many would, as I would as well), please pick another person along with him.

Don't get me wrong, you're more than welcome to mention the Miz. But if you do, please try to include someone else as well. It would be pretty lame if this thread just ends up being filled with a bunch of posts on the Miz.

Be sure to include you reasons why you would choose the wrestler to be a first time champion as I'm sure you wouldn't want to be infracted for spamming...

I think it will be Wade Barrett... If Cena joins Nexus tonight, he won't instantly be leader, Barrett will still be calling the shots with... I can see Cena being instrumental in getting Barrett the belt... and then screwing him so Miz can cash in on him....

Yeh its obvious it'll either be Wade Barrett or The Miz, i hope John Morrison gets a run though.

Predictable WWE, you know Cena will not join Nexus and if he does it will be for like a week or 2. Although, i would like to see some of the wrestlers in Nexus on their own especially Slater and Gabriel

Its a no brainer it will be The Miz. He is mister money in the bank hes gotten a big push its just clear it will be him. also I dont beleave Wade Barret will get the title for about another 6 months to a year.

It's going to be The Miz, but it should be a lot more people in front of him. Kofi Kingston or Barrett would be my choice. But only if Kofi turned heel, he needs a fresh new character to get him out of the mid card level and to the main event picture.

This thread has two obvious answers.

First, The Miz. He has the MITB briefcase! That pretty much guarantees a world championship (unless of course your name is Mr Kennedy). There is a lot of talk of him possibly being the first one to cash in but not win. Even if he is not successful, he will win a world championship sooner rather than later because winning MITB shows that WWE believe you can be a world champion.

Secondly, there is Wade Barrett. He has been constantly pushed since debuting on the main roster (it could even be argued that he has been pushed since the middle of NXT, when he became #1 in the pros poll). Regardless of how long it has been, at the end of his mega-push there has to come a world championship. There absolutely has to be otherwise it has all been pointless.

Outside of these two, I don't see anyone else. I would like to say Kofi Kingston as I'm a huge fan. But I don't think he is ready just yet.

I still think Miz will hold his MITB briefcase till Wrestlemania, I just have a feeling that it'll be Undertaker vs whoever for the title in his "Last Match" or something, win, and Miz will cash it in and lose to Taker, meaning Taker retires as Champ, with a 20-0 streak at Mania.

I think its shaping up to be Wade Barrett, but when, depends on the whole Cena/Nexus thing... I for one am hoping Cena joins Nexus tonight, and I think that will further a story where Barrett wants to reassure his stature in the group, and basically give Cena the task of helping him win the title would be the way to go... if Cena beats him tonight though, I think it'll be another few months before Barrett goes anywhere near a title match, as he'll finish something off with Cena.

WWE Championship:

I agree with the Wade Barrett theory. He is on a one way ticket to the WWE Championship as far as I'm concerned; it's only a matter of time. If Cena ends up being forced to join Nexus, Barrett will have Cena's help in winning the gold.

Since nothing is certain, The Miz and John Morrison would be my next choices. Miz already has MITB and has been "up there" for a while, playing with the big boys, proving that he is one of them. As for Morrison, he has been on a hell of a roll lately and they seem to be pushing him even more, highlighting his workout techniques, etc.

World Championship

I'll keep this short as this is a Raw discussion thread, but Alberto Del Rio is going to win gold very soon.

The next will either by Wade Barret or Miz

I am a fan of Wade Barret and they way their booking him he'll be there soon enough

I don't really like the Miz but the way things are going he'll be champ soon. I want JoMo to be champ ALOT more but I don't see it happing yet

Wade Barrett is way too obvious. Let's go with the guy AFTER those two.

The guy to get his First World Championship after them is a little difficult to say. I would imagine John Morrison OR Drew McIntyre. McIntyre's on a bit of a slump because he can't fued with Dolph, and Taker and Kane have their thing going on. It really depends on which Title opens up first, for another guy to get through to the main event. Since Raw is packed, Drew seems most likely.

The Miz obviously. There are even reports of him being set up to be a huge star. (Could just be rumors.) Wade Barrett since he is the leader of the biggest group in a long time. Not to mention he now has super cena under his leadership.

For the not too obvious. Morrison is getting a hell of a run. He has beaten jericho a few times, and is making a bigger name for himself. I actually see him winning it off the miz. They would have a great fued, even though they dont have the big name appeal yet.

Over on smackdown. Im going to go with a different guy. Cody Rhodes. He has gotten a pretty good push, and has really improved on the mic and the ring. He gets really good heat, and his character is very different. I think that they should have gone with the unaverage son of the average man gimmick. He could have said how people like his father are pathetic. But he was given a crappy gimmick, and is doing wonders with it. Future money in the bank for sure.

Two obvious answers to this one :)

1. The Miz- It is clear that WWE have high hopes for The Miz. He already has a guaranteed World Title shot with the MITB briefcase, and every single MITB winner has gone on to cash in to win the gold, and I cannot see WWE doing anything different with The Miz. Even in the very surprise event of him cashing in and losing, Miz would be given the belt soon anyway. He is incredibly over, and Vince WILL make this guy a champion very soon.

2. Wade Barrett For a WWE rookie to be given the spot that Barrett has means that WWE have alot of faith in him. He has proven himself extremely capable on the mic, carrying a feud with WWE's top star, John Cena. Barrett has it all, the in-ring ability, the ability to talk and the star presense that will allow him to be a credible champion. I cannot see WWE blowing it with Wade, and I think he will be a champion in the next 12-18 months

I believe Wade Barret will be the next first time round World/WWE Champ, I don't think Miz will cash in his mitb briefcase until maybe WM but he might before. But I think now that Cena has joined Nexus I think they will make him get Barret the WWE Title, but I'm sure Barret will be champ before this year is over.

I gotta go with trent baretta. that guy has it all and is making his way up to super stardum every week it seems like. Him or zach ryder. Ryder is a better choic. Ryder has the look, the catch phrase, the ability. Its a no brainer, zach ryder for sure...........ok its gonna be miz or barret, but somebody had to have some fun with the question

I gotta go with trent baretta. that guy has it all and is making his way up to super stardum every week it seems like. Him or zach ryder. Ryder is a better choic. Ryder has the look, the catch phrase, the ability. Its a no brainer, zach ryder for sure...........ok its gonna be miz or barret, but somebody had to have some fun with the question
:disappointed:

John Morrison
Everyones already said the two obvious ones, Wade Barrett and The Miz. Some posters have also mentioned John Morrison. That's who I'm going to say. Morrison is on the WWE's number one, A, show and he's getting a push? He's had numerous wins over Chris Jericho and stole the show when he took on Sheamus in a No DQ match a few weeks ago on RAW. The WWE are beggining to see that John Morrison has what it takes to be a Champion in the WWE. I've also heard rumors that Triple H is high on him and thinks he's ready for a championship run. He's got the look, moveset, charisma, ability, a little mic skills but they're there, and overall attributes to be a major player in the WWE. Give him a year or so, he will be. But that's after Wade Barrett and the Miz get their taste of gold.

The Miz will be the next champ. After this storyline with Daniel Bryan is over, he will move up to the main-event scene. There have already been reports of The Miz being the next major star in the company, plus he's Mr. Money in the Bank.

If the Miz doesn't get the belt, the next person I could see getting it is Wade Barrett. He has been pushed ever since NXT and I don't see the WWE stopping his push anytime soon.

Its most likely The Miz. He is the WWE's hottest rising star at the moment, and has the opportunity to win the title at any time he wants. Its just a matter of when Creative decides to pull the trigger on him. All those things that Michael Cole says about him, those are lines fed to him by Vince McMahon himself. The Miz has the mic ability, and the in-ring ability to be big, and thats why he is the current hottest rising star in the WWE right now. So, as I said before, it's just a matter of time before the Creative Team decides to pull the trigger on him, and let him win the World Title.

Pretty obvious answer, but the next first time WWE title will be Wade Barrett. I am almost certain that Miz will lose his MITB match yet he'll win the title soon after (I can see him cashing in at the Royal Rumble or something, losing, then going on to win the Rumble...but there are a multitude of possibilities). I can see Wade taking the title at Bragging Rights, with Cena being forced to screw over Orton to allow Wade to win.

next first time WHC... Del Rio for sure.

Everybody's saying it. Either Wade Barrett or Miz. No real need to explain those answers. Personally, I'd like to see the Miz lose when he cashes in MITB but that's for another thread.

If I had to choose somebody other than those two individuals, I'd say Christian, also for obvious reasons. Being that he's injured at the moment, I'd be real hard pressed to pick somebody to be the next 1st time world champ. MVP is boring as a face and only slightly more entertaining as a heel. Dolph Ziggler isn't ready yet. As for Kofi Kingston, I'd like to see him as a heel at some point because he doesn't really do it for me as a face. It's hard to explain. The best way I can explain it is that he doesn't make it easy for me to suspend my disbelief.

But yeah, next first time world champion will be either Wade Barrett or The Miz. Most likely Wade Barrett.

This is easy....Percy Watson....Oh Yeah!.......but seriously, Wade Barrett. You can't deny his push is far above those of other wrestlers at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back