• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Is One Of The Most Underrated

CM Punk is very underated in terms of popularity,id say he's probably the most over guy in the company right now. And when he gets moved to one of the big shows, and gets to put on some seriously good, competitive matches and cut some proper promos he is going to blow away everybody in the buisness.
Also, whoever said that ECW should adopt the cruiserweight title as its second strap is spot on. One of the great things about the old ECW was its Lucha Libre matches, and it would be a great way to push the smaller guys rather than just burying them in 4 minuite crap-fests on Smackdown.
If the WWE wants to create a better image for itself, it needs to push smaller, athletic guys and this is one of the best ways it can start. The cruiserweight division on ECW could be a competitive rival for TNA's X-Division if done properly, and not made a joke out of by making an Irish midget it's champion.

In my opinion, the most underrated wrestling in the WWE is Shelton Benjamin. Many predicted Shelton to be Main Eventing at this time a year and a half ago but where is he? In the lower midcard. Shelton is arguably the best technical and most pure athlete in the WWE and really should be higher up the card.

Shelton Benjamin for sure is the most underrated wrestler currently in the WWE. He can out wrestle and out perform over half the roster. I think what is holding him back, has something to do with the way he conducts himself backstage. He was the Highlight of Wrestlemania 22 in that ladder match thats for sure! He should of walked out MR. Money In The Bank (Taking nothing away from RVD)!

Most Underrated? Hmm, thats tough. Shelton does come to mind, but since he doesn't speak well that probably holds him back. I see Val Venis mentioned too, thats valid also. A guy probably not looked at much would be Hardcore Holly. That dude always puts on good matches, and his mike skills are like a caveman but they work in his case. That's a guy I'd say is the most underrated.

I think they're Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Mr. Kennedy, and The Redneck Wrecking Crew. Jeff is not underrated, he just doesn't have the total package to be WWE Champ. Yeah, hes good, but he wouldn't look good with the wwe title.

Someone i think that has more potential than is being used is Kevin Thorn. Pretty much everyone is buried on ECW though.

The cruiserweight title on ECW would be a phenomenal idea given that alot of the great cruiserweight champions came from ECW ..
it can serve the purpose the IC and US championships do on Raw And Smackdown respectively.. it would also add more wrestlers to the depleted roster..

the only drawback would be that I doubt wwe would give the freedom of using moves like TNA lets their wrestlers do..

Matt Hardy is one of the most underrated wrestlers ever.

He had one of the more succesful tag teams of the past decade (too bad it was with jeff) he held the european title and the cruiserweight title. Had A hillarious group called the MFer's. Besides that he is actually very talented in the ring and on the mic he is better than most i just realize everyone else would realize this.

Shannon Moore is probably one of the most underrated in WWE right now. The guy really can wrestle and his top rope stuff aint all that bad neither. I've thought that since before Moore was released by WWE a few years ago. Since his return WWE has continued to deny him. It's a shame cause if you take a look at his matches, he really is not all that bad at all. =/

My first Pick for most underrated is are both Hardys Jeff and Matt have both busted their asses for years in wwe and Vince continually missuse them both look at what they are doing with Matt Hardy he should not be teaming with MVP he should be contending for the world title same with Jeff Its good to see Jeff as IC champ but he should be a top contender for the Raw World title I know he is one choice for the vote on cyber sunday this year but they only did it cause they needed a face to go with HBK and Kennedy obviously WWE knows that fans will vote for HBK.

My second Pick is Shelton Benjamin My god what a missuse of talent I remember his matches with HHH and those matches proved he should be a headliner hell if they had done it right he could have been the AJ Styles of WWE plus does anyone remember the title contender tournament match he had against Shawn Michaels that was one of the greatest matches I have ever seen. He is one of the best Pure athletes in WWE History

Kevin Thorn Just goes to prove that Vince has kinda lost touch with what the fans like I have been to a lot of ECW shows and Thorn always gets a good response He shouldnt even bee in ECW I would have had him on smackdown feuding with Undertaker over the World Title. His Gimmick is great he has great matches.

The Miz I'll admit I was not too happy to see him in WWE when he first came out but he has totally won me over he has tremendous skill in the ring he has obviously worked his ass off and unlike other celebrities who delved into wrestling( Tyson, Lawrence Taylor and Federline) He takes the business seriously I hope he gets moved to raw or smackdown where he can flourish.

Super Crazy The Insane Luchadore has proved that Vince really doesnt care bout ECW otherwise he wouldnt have done to Super Crazy what he did taking a great in ring competitor and making him seem like a joke.

Hardcore Holly it sucks that he has been injury plagued the last couple of years cause here is a man I think could have been world champion when he reicieved a title shot at royal rumble 2004 he should have won i think he could have been a good champ.

I agree that Kevin Thorn is alittle underrated, but he wont be taken off ECW anytime soon. They are on Sci Fi and really hes the only "science fiction" character on the show. If anyone should be taken off ECW and go onto a bigger brand its CM Punk. Whoever said that punk was the most over guy in the WWE has a point. If you look at Survior Series in '06...HBK and HHH were in the ring with him and the crowd went nuts for Punk. However, I do see why hes on ECW...hes the only one that IMO can get ratings in the lower 1's for them. Without him I think they would bomb...TERRIBLY.

Now onto my picks...I think that Shelton (like most everyone said here) is the most underrated guy in the WWE. He always has great matches and should be pushed instead of guys like Lashley, Khali, and Batista (just to name a few). I also think Carlito is VERY underated, I was pretty entertained when he fueded with HHH, its a shame thats down the drain now. Both London and Kendrick are also underated, they should be the tag champs imo over Cade and Murdock...very good workers. And last but not least...every single superstar in the crusierweight division...the fact that Horsnwaggle is STILL the cruserweight champion basicly tells us what vince thinks of that division.

I agree that Shelton Benjamin is very underated and so is Jeff Hardy. Why Jeff Hardy? Because WWE keeps putting the IC belt on him to keep Hardy from going into World title contention. Jeff Hardy is the most over star in WWE (besides his brother) and deserves the title more than Orton, Kennedy, and Triple H. It just amazes me how WWE squashes him in bouts with bigger opponents. They put Mysterio over because he's big in the Latino market (I'm sure against Vince's better judgement) and gave him the title.
With Benoit and Eddie Guerro gone there won't be anymore exciting matches. Let's reverse back to the mid 80's where Hogan (Batista) and Andre the Giant (Kahli) fought in the most boring matches in wrestling history. The kick and punchers is what I call them, dragging the matches with 10min head locks and 20min bear hugs. Wrestling deserve better.
Orton is a good wrestler, a great heel but Triple H needs to step aside and let Randy Orton work with Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk and Elijha Burke.

underrated?
1. super crazy
2. shelton benjamin
3. tommy dreamer (he should be ecw champ)

I think I read somewhere that Tommy Dreamer prefers not to be the champion.....when he won the ECW championship once he was actually unhappy as he wanted to have a gimmick of kinda the "greatest wrestler to never win the title". I might be wrong though, coz I cant remember where I read it, so it might not have been reliable really. lol.

In my view taking London & Kendrick from SD! was silly as they were well over on there, what with the Tag Titles being theres for AAAAGES!

I would like to see Shelton Benjamin get a good push....I cant really say I'm a fan per-say....but he is very talented. Each time he's on they keep bigging him up by saying "he's the best pure athlete on the business"....but if he's that good then why is he not being pushed? Who knows!!

I agree with the people who have been saying that they should bring the cruiserweight belt over to the ECW brand, I believe that it would showcase the talent a lot more, and more deservingly might I add. However, is it just me or don't you all think that a lot will be lost with ECW only having an hour long show on sci fi? I'd hate to see an entire division get smoked because of lack of tv time...
Anyway as far as underrated wrestlers go I would go with Shelton Benjamin but he really is a guy that has to either get a manager or take some acting classes to assist him in cutting his promos. I mean we can argue that Benoit never cut breathtaking promos but he was a beat em up, stretch em, technical wrestler.
And while Shelton is athletic, frankly that just isn't him. Promos are a huge part of the business and frankly he just needs to learn to cut a good one in order to move to that upper echelon and stay there.

The Worlds Greatest Tag Team were the most underrated team. Haas and Benjamin can outwrestle most of the wrestlers the WWE has period.They could have had a gimmick where they couldn't be beat.

Shelton Benjamin is by far the must underrated star, and Val Venus is the most forgotten about star the guy can wrestle he does great promos and he can get over as heel or face they should give him another push sometime this decade

The Most underrated superstar has to be Shelton Benjamin. Are you kidding me? just look at the MITB ladder matches from the last couple of years. That speaks for itself.

Shelton Benjamin is by far the must underrated star, and Val Venus is the most forgotten about star the guy can wrestle he does great promos and he can get over as heel or face they should give him another push sometime this decade

Val venis and shelton are so underated, i just wonder why they don't put shelton as a legit contender to the wwe title, i would love to see him in the mix, and the mini feud he had with hardy was a good one, but once kennedy came back they just put him back into the tag division, which i think is a stupid mistake on the wwe's part, shelton should be pushed as a baby face on raw and have the brand revolve around him as a legit contender to ortan!

Val is pushing tin on heat and when he was moved back onto the raw brand he got squashed by snitsky and santino, i think this is a big mistake again, if they dont want venis to wrestle why not just make him a manager he could get any new face or heel over, it stones me why the wwe doesnt understand this, i wont blame creative i blame everyone from stephanie to trips to vince, they need to start thinking and using the undercard guys for mid card feuds and move the mid card wrestlers up to main event level, this is exactly what the titles are there for to elevate these guys to the next level, yeeeesh

I think I read somewhere that Tommy Dreamer prefers not to be the champion.....when he won the ECW championship once he was actually unhappy as he wanted to have a gimmick of kinda the "greatest wrestler to never win the title". I might be wrong though, coz I cant remember where I read it, so it might not have been reliable really. lol.

In my view taking London & Kendrick from SD! was silly as they were well over on there, what with the Tag Titles being theres for AAAAGES!

I would like to see Shelton Benjamin get a good push....I cant really say I'm a fan per-say....but he is very talented. Each time he's on they keep bigging him up by saying "he's the best pure athlete on the business"....but if he's that good then why is he not being pushed? Who knows!!

Your correct.. Tommy never wanted to be a champion.. Always be in championship feuds, but never wanted to actually carry the belt his entire career.. That change during the last days of ECW because of all the departures and buyouts.. This ECW championship has an entirely different meaning than the older one though.

As for underrated:
1) Shelton Benjamin
2) Elijah Burke
3) L & K

i think that cody rhodes is underrated, maybe its to early to call but i have been impressed so far with his wrestling matches, i think he is comftable jobbing in these early days but i think it's time he recieved a deserved push, hopefuly we get this with the hardcore holly angle, but i honestly think that cody could go anywhere.

I think Jillian Hall is very under-rated. She has been jobbing on Raw to Candice Michelle and thats about it. She has so much talent and should be in the title picture not jobbing to people with less her talent. Jillian Hall is probably the most under-rated female in the wwe...her or ashley(jk) lol!!

My opinion is that the most underated wrestler in thr wwe is in fact, John Cena. Im not saying that he is underated throughout the WWE but he is indeed underated by most wrestling fans, like seriously, how many ppl do u here bagging on his wrestling and mic ability, not 2 mention his moveset.

For example, if you have a look in the 'top 10 worst wrestlers' thread, most ppl put cena at number 1 on their list... Yeh sure he isnt the greatest wrestlers WWE has ever had, but there is noway that cena is worse than, Eugene, Big daddy V, mark henry, Batista, Khali, Balls Mahony, The miz, Matt striker, snitsky, and that is just 2 name a few...

He is very capable of putting on a great match...
eg, did anyone watch the match on raw between cena & HBK, prolly one of the best matches i have ever seen, like seriously, it went 4 an hour....
It was back and forth, and a great ending....

Some ppl may disagree with me, but, thats just my opinion....

My opinion is that the most underated wrestler in thr wwe is in fact, John Cena. Im not saying that he is underated throughout the WWE but he is indeed underated by most wrestling fans, like seriously, how many ppl do u here bagging on his wrestling and mic ability, not 2 mention his moveset.

For example, if you have a look in the 'top 10 worst wrestlers' thread, most ppl put cena at number 1 on their list... Yeh sure he isnt the greatest wrestlers WWE has ever had, but there is noway that cena is worse than, Eugene, Big daddy V, mark henry, Batista, Khali, Balls Mahony, The miz, Matt striker, snitsky, and that is just 2 name a few...

He is very capable of putting on a great match...
eg, did anyone watch the match on raw between cena & HBK, prolly one of the best matches i have ever seen, like seriously, it went 4 an hour....
It was back and forth, and a great ending....

Some ppl may disagree with me, but, thats just my opinion....

I agree with you on some points.

Have you ever seen Eugene wrestle with out his ****** gimmick? He can actually wrestle. Same with Matt Striker he can Put on some good matchs. Snitsky is all about Hit hterign big boot Pumphandle Leave Big dady V is jsut gay.:robvandam:

I also dont think Cena is the most Underated. Matt and Jeff Hardy are quite Under rated. Id Like to see them both Hold one of the major titles. I also think CM Punk is wasted wrestling against people who cannot entertain the Fans in a match with him.

John Morrison is clearly the most underrated talent, edging out Kennedy because Ken is in line for a push real soon. Morrison can wrestle and now has a gimmick that works for him. The Morrison/Punk matches have been amazing and are what keeps me watching ECW. Anyone who says Jeff Hardy obviously doesn't enjoy watching wrestling, because all of Jeff's matches are the same. He misses one high spot which takes him completely out of the match until his opponent fucks up and he squeaks out a win. To me that got lame real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back