• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Is One Of The Most Underrated

I both agree & disagree with this theory. Yes, Super Crazy is a highly underrated superstar.. however, he isn't (to me) the same Super Crazy that was in E.C.W. he seems to have not only lost a couple steps, but gained a couple pounds. As bad as it'll come out sounding, it amazes me he's still able to do the triple moonsaults from the corner.

I'll forever live in time with my vhs collection of E.C.W. where Crazy lived up to his name, & his talent. But the Crazy that resides in W.W.E. will never be who he once was.

I agree with that. He is no spring chicken! In addition, more than half of his moves that he used back in ECW are banned so he is working with a limited moveset. Anyone who has not seen him perform outside of the WWE is definately missing out on a great wrestler.

Im going to list possibly the most Underrated wrestler in the WWE right now, but behind the scenes is loved. Jamie Noble. He is a phenomenal talent, he won the Ring of Honor Championship, while some do not give that belt credibility in terms of importance. He still can work better matches than the majority of the current main event scene on Smackdown(excluding Injured guys, until Undertaker returns he is still Injured).

Ok and now to the person who called Ashley Underrated, Have you seen the Wrestlemania match she had? She is Perky that is it, nothing to make her a good wrestler.

I don't know if anyone cosniders him underateed but under used would be Elijah Burke.
He has a mazing talent and can put on good matches. If he was on Raw he could for sure contend with guys like Shelton and Jeff hardy and make some good IC title matches.
He's good on th emic as well.

Wait we are talking RAW aren't we. M bad for bringing Noble into this equation.

Val Venis is perhaps one of the most underrated superstars of all time, he has made a crap gimmick work. When he was given the gimmick he was talking to Edge, and Edge said that it was Sexton Hardcastle, a gmmick that has only so far it can go. Val as gone as far as he could with his gimmick, it is too bad as Sean Morely is an awesome Wrestler. Look at how many people he has made look good in his time in the WWE.

Definately John Cena to start things off...and now that I have your attention in no particular reitterated order:

2ColdScorpio - I realize that he is now passed his prime (granted havent seen him live since like...Flash funk/EcW) but back in WCW during the early to mid nineties era (Under the helm of one J.R.) Scorpio used to tag with Sting who was the companys top dog at the time in terms of excitement/potential. It really kills me this guy, who was the first performer I saw do the 450, just didn't get pushed properly or at all...he even had a fade I mean come on that's fuckin sikk. Wait three k's in that two worded phrase never noticed it til now.

Jeff Hardy - In a time with all this supposed dread and consternation, why the fuck would they not give this guy the world strap or at least put him in the game. Does corporate not watch Raw and see his reaction? Entertaining enough matches, my only critique for him is that being a spot performer (who has technical abilitys of course) it feels weird watching his matches thinking he hasn't vastly improved his repetoire over the years, considering his moves are quite innovative. But then again maybe he is just an evolution and those are his generics, which is cool.

Matt Hardy - Basically the same argument in different respect. However I will say I think having the brothers tag and take the straps when Jeff came back was great, gave the fans what they wanted and wouldve been craving for. They've since split them up and now they can thrive independant of each other. I have a good feeling this is going to lead to what seems like fate in my bias opinion. IMBO? p.s. totally taking into consideration Jeff has been tempermental and fickle in the past with his stability so I'm sure this definately has hindered his successes partially, sure.

Super Crazy - Don't they remember how successful Rey Mysterio became? I'm not comparing the two beyond lucha libre conditioning and mexicana heritage. But really, they ban supercrazy's fucking moves? Does the Olympic comittee limits the amount of flips or twists that a gymnast performs? I think it's an insult to the wreslter to be told he can't do the moves he's been crafting throughout the years. There should be like a licensing system or something to prevent green rookie cruisers from killing themselves sure, but really they're worried about smackdowns ratings and don't remember why everyone kept watching nitro all those years?

btw total sidenote if anyone could get back to me on this question: What ever happened to "Blitzkreig" circa 1997 WCW? Don't hate I could say he was underrated too.

Hakushi - This guy was incredible...a mysterious orient gimmick complete with entire lettering all over his body including face. Used to do a headstand on the top rope to dazzle/confuse his oppents. Very entertaining fellow. If anyone wants a glance try and youtube him during is ECW days teaming with Hayabusa vs. RVD and Sabu.

Sabu - Sure the guy looks like he was addicted to Heroine. But come on so fucking innovative and fun to watch...despite his re-wwe debut with that leg drop through the table he made, lol bad luck sir. But really I love this guy, pointing to the heavans, never speaking, undertaker esk mind games with the lights going out and appearing and such. Just great and the wwe tried to like, make him realistic or some shit? I don't know what happened there.

Shelton Benjamin - Was Benoit a mic worker? NO. Did any who was appreciated his craft care? No. When he used to stand over his falled opponent and put his thumb to his nose to blow it out...why would he have to speak on the microphone? Doesn't that say it all right there? But yeah Shelton Benjamin like someone previously stated is the most high flying heavyweight. So versatile and great to watch. WWe should remember people LOVE WRESTLING and forget about the entertainment SO much. BEcause they swing and miss so often anyways who gives a shit.

That's about it for now, there are many more of course but those come to mind.

damn sorry, I'm relatively new and didnt realize this was a Raw thread, what a bunch of shit then disregard many of those. But to stay face let me include:

Santino Marella - I like this guy what can I say. The vibe seems that he's hated on and off camera but what can I tell you I think he has a great technical presense. When he does his, "Eh how you say? Dump of a city" come on thats fuckin gold. He makes me laugh out loud really...I hope they let him beat Simmons when they have their eventual square off. I just think this guys like an absent minded Rick Martel. Character wise I mean.

IMO one of the most underrated superstars on RAW is Shelton Benjamin. This guy can perform well and I think if they need a new "Cena retains the WWE Title Feud" he would be perfect for it.

Most of the guys you see getting squashed in matches on weekly basis or wwe heat are underrated..examples: Val Venis, Jamie Noble, Funaki, Shelton Benjamin, Super Crazy, Charlie Haas, Nunzio..these are all talent wasted, WWE should consider making these guys a part of the ecw roster, I feel they deserve more of a push then Boogeyman or Big Daddy V.

A few months ago I would've said Matt Hardy or Stevie Richards, but here lately they been getting a solid push...

I think that there are a lot of guys in the WWE who are underrated and deserve to be pushed instead of guys like Snitsky and Hacksaw who just can't wrestle.

Shelton Benjamin - This guy has all the talent to become a superstar. He is probably to most athletic guy on the roster, he can wrestle with any style of opponent, and his mic skills are not that bad either. I think that Benjamin should be moved over to Smackdown where he could have a gimmick where he says that he is most athletic superstar and act like Terrell Owens, the guy with all the talent but has yet to win the big prize. He could get into feuds with Matt Hardy and Batista to push him to the top.

Kane - Kane has only won one world championship and his reign was one of the shortest in history. He deserves to have one more reign but he definitely isn't going to get one on SD or Raw so move him to ECW. He could give the brand a veteran that they need and he could hold on the ECW Title like Big Show did. I think that for ECW to be successful they need to have a veteran guy who is popular to be their champ and I think that Kane is that guy.

Ric Flair - Flair deserves to be pushed for one last time and I think he should get that push until a retirement match at WM 24. They should make Flair win the Rumble and then get the World Title at Mania for his last match, then vacate the title later. This would be the perfect way for Flair to go out.

I also believe that Charlie Haas should be pushed when he returns. They should make him like Kurt Angle by giving him the gimmick that he is a Wrestling Machine since Haas is a great technical wrestler.

I can also agree that Santino Marella is a very underrated superstar, he showed off some good in ring ability in his ovw days. The man is gold on the Mic and he got some of the stuff to make a decent impact on the raw roster. HIs a stupid a accent is so a priceless, he is a good heel and he gets mad heat from the crowd for the way he treats Maria. IMO i think he is one of the best heels on RAW because he is just despised by the people. I have seen some of his ovw stuff and he was decent. I think with a feud other than Umaga he could show off his ability but feuding with Ron Simmons isnt going to show nothing. But if properly pushed he could become something more than he is.

Elijah Burke-Even though he is getting a push now...I still think he is a guy with incredible talent who is completly under-used

Matt Hardy-Yes he is getting a well deserved push but I still think he deserves a bigger one. He Has been in the buisness for a long time and for some reason he keeps falling in Jeff's shadows. As soon as jeff returned to the wwe he claimed a singles title and matt really never left and he never captured a big singles title. It is his time to become a great singles champion. Although I think MVP is a GREAT wresler...I think it is about time for Matt to get his turn.

Shelton Benjamin-still very under-rated and needs another go around for the intercontinental title.

Gregory Helms-when he returns to the wwe he is in line for a major push. Since the cruiserweight division is pretty much a joke right now I would love to see him compete for the US title with the likes of Matt Hardy and MVP.

Like the guy above said Helms is really good in the ring and he has a good finisher too. I liked him ast the hurricane because he had a good gimmick, and it helped his mic skills. But he was a jobber and always seen as one with it so it was a good idea to get rid of his gimmick. He is also still not very old but has loads of experiance so would be a really good united states champion, or a tag team champion with the right guy.

Shelton has been a great wrestler in wwe for ages now and i don't understand why he is not champion yet he is really good. He doesnt talk a lot but neither does khali or punk and they are both champions.

For me it would have to be Jeff hardy, anyone who saw him in TNA will know just how underused and wasted he is in WWE.
He has the ring skills and charisma to be a main eventer yet he's constantly stuck with the IC championship or tag teams and he's a hell of alot better than that.

I don't like Jeff Hardy he is boring and doesn't wrestle just does stupid moves like that thing when he jumps with his legs together on someone else when their legs are open. I think Hardy was a good tag team wrestler but is not very good as a single wrestler, matt hardy is a better singles wrestler because he moves around the ring properly and has some mic skills. Jeff talks like he is stoned on the mic and kind of dances or jumps around the ring randomly quite often.

So yea add matt hardy to my list above, i think Jeff Hardy is Overated if anything, he doesn't deserve a push.

I als think Carlito is good, everyone in here says he is crap. But he was good until a few months back because he did lots of moves other people don't use like when he jumps off the ropes and elbows his opponent in his face, when he does the springboard senton off the ropes, the springboard crossbody off the ropes, and the backstabber is one of the best finishers. He is also good on the mic so i don't know why people don't like him very much, and in my opinion is one of the most underated. I think in the last months WWE are making him look bad though because they don't let him do many moves like they do to Cena and Orton as well. I don't like it when they stop guys doing moves its stupid.

IMO I think Brian Kendrick and Paul London are underrated, these guys are amazing to me. Now I have never really watch smackdown sense the shows split into there own brands, So I had never herd of them untill they came to RAW, I really had not been paying attention to RAW or the WWE for a while and one night I tuned in just to see what was going on. and I saw Londrick in a match, and I was hooked on them. They remind me of the hardy's back in the days of there wars with the Dudley's and Edge/Christin.

Sure in the past few weeks they been getting a push with the Cade/Murdoch( who are also another great tag team) storyline, This storyline gives me hope for more tag stuff.

matt hardy should be champion, but of course wwe always waits too long to give someone the strap. And if he coulg fight edge for it when he comes back. raw should be kennedy to face triple h @ wrestlemania. And ecw big daddy v now or never

shelton benjamin is under-rated and deserves to be given a shot at the title because i feel that he has earned it (unlike that idiot khali who is so shit he almost makes me turn the tv off and stop watching wrestling altogether)
also, when the fuk is kane gonna get the title
this bloke has wrestled for about 11 years now and only has a 1 day title claim to fame. he is a consistent wrestler who can make good fueds with anyone as he can take a beating when needed (unlike the wanking undertaker who gets more pushes than vince has had wanks)

the guys who need a pushand are highly underrated are as follows

hardy's simple fact the pop these two get are amazing they need top singles gold.

shelton simple as he is holding the wwe together with his ability to work

kane 1day title rain and hes been there for ten years

val venis he is used as foddeer on heat

stevie richards amazing matches against thorn and continues to be buried

Ive got this thought somewhere that one day we will see both Hardy's in World Title matches on the same PPV with them both winning and celebrating in the ring together, ala Benoit/Guerrero at WM.

How awesome would that be

Most of the guys you see getting squashed in matches on weekly basis or wwe heat are underrated..examples: Val Venis, Jamie Noble, Funaki, Shelton Benjamin, Super Crazy, Charlie Haas, Nunzio..these are all talent wasted, WWE should consider making these guys a part of the ecw roster, I feel they deserve more of a push then Boogeyman or Big Daddy V.

I agree with you 110% they shoudl be made part of the ECW roster, maybe even think of taking the cruiser title to ECW to give it some meaning make it a secondary title and push these guys properly.

A few months ago I would've said Matt Hardy or Stevie Richards, but here lately they been getting a solid push...

Stevie and Matt are missing two things, titles and title feuds, yes matt is feuding with MVP but i really want to see the money shot in this food and not have matt buried.

I als think Carlito is good, everyone in here says he is crap. But he was good until a few months back because he did lots of moves other people don't use like when he jumps off the ropes and elbows his opponent in his face, when he does the springboard senton off the ropes, the springboard crossbody off the ropes, and the backstabber is one of the best finishers. He is also good on the mic so i don't know why people don't like him very much, and in my opinion is one of the most underated. I think in the last months WWE are making him look bad though because they don't let him do many moves like they do to Cena and Orton as well. I don't like it when they stop guys doing moves its stupid.

The thing about Carlito is that hes lazy, when he came to smackdown and made his debut the guy was the best heel in the entire company, now he just says a few words and gets buried, granted he has good matches with triple h but any time the guy gaines momentum its a total blow off.

mmm
shelton benjamin is one of the most underrated at the moment because
he has great ability and passion.But yes he can make mistakes but everyone makes and he's way better that half of the roster on wwe and anyone remmeber the match that he had with hbk.And he can also work gimmick matches, but no he's in a tag team that is going nowhere and losing matches every week

I have three....

Shelton Benjamin
Matt Hardy
Jamie Noble

Shelton Benjamin, is the premeire athlete in the WWE. Though because of his skin color, it is hard for him to progress into a deeper sort of potential. And he never complains (at least outloud). And don't say Bobby lashely was black and got a title. Thats ignorant. He held the ECW title, which to the WWE is the equivalent to the Womens Title for men.

Matt Hardy, can perform. Thats all that should be said. I must admit I was a skeptic at first, but after his match with Mr. Kennedy a few months back he is certainly a contender in my mind. Besides he is truly loved by his fans, they feel for him and see that he is climbing his way to the top, not marrying the bosses daughter.

Jamie Noble, yes he's on my list. I have to admit, he is a fantastic in-ring performer with endless potential...even for a little guy(rey mysterio was world champion, need I say more). He is a pitbull in the ring and shows tremendous ground and pound offense. Besides thats a hell of a finisher probrably right next to the canadian destroyer(Petey Williams) He is a smaller image of Chris Benoit in intensity and never shows immaturity. Truly a great wrestler, a new character is in order but doubt we will see one.

I think that most of the roster acts as though their time is coming all they have to do is wait. Well, nows the time boys(and girls) we have a shortage of superstars and a load of talent in the back, step up. I sometimes imagine future main events....
WWE Title-
(Randy Orton vs. Mr. Kennedy)
(Carlito vs. Jeff Hardy)
World Championship-
(Gregory Helms vs. Matt Hardy)
(Chuck Palumbo vs. Batista)
U.S. Title-
(Jamie Noble vs. Rey Mysterio)
(MVP vs. Chavo Guerrero)
I.C. Title-
(Charlie Haas vs. Lance Cade)
(Paul London vs. Cody Rhodes)

Its endless, try to see what matches you can come up with, it really opens your eyes to alot...

Shelton Benjamin by far..It's a shame the Momma angle ended when it did. I'm a huge mark for Shelton and I loathed it at first but it was great for his character.
Not sure whats up with the Butch Reed haircut, but who knows where it will lead. The tag division has been finally getting attention, maybe WGTT will get a run, perhaps a series of Ladder Matches with London/Kendrick and Cade/Murdoch are in order. Kind of reminiscent of the Dudleys, Hardys and E&C.

Everyone says Shelton Benjamin which i agree he's a great wrestler with tons of ability but he has no charisma, no mic skills if he had all that then i could see people's beef with his lack of being pushed i hope he can improve his speaking abilities soon cuz that's the only thing holding him back

I think Carlito is being held back by the shit bomb of a creative/writing team for WWE he's got great mic skills and his a good wrestler plus he's got a different look to him with his hair that sets him apart from others

Also CM Punk, yeah i know he's ECW champion right now but at the pay per views and live events most the time he gets the loudest pop from the crowd plus a great wrestler who has out grown ECW. which is basically a place to develop the talent to make it to Raw or Smackdown with their character and Punk has proven worthy enough to be given the big chance yet more proof that WWE's behind the scenes people have no idea how to use the talent they have

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back