Who faces Brock Lesnar at Summerslam?

The Eighties

Forward Thinking Nostalgist
We have a thread discussing Summerslam but I thought one discussing the specific match for The Beast might have some interest, he's just become WWE's ultimate special attraction after beating the streak and I am sure he will wrestle at Summerslam.

I'm wondering what they'll use as Brock's motivation, right now the WWE title seems the only thing that would naturally draw him back through that curtain, but unlike many I don't think WWE will do Bryan vs Brock. I just don't see how you book that as Brock can't lose his follow up fight after ending the streak, but at the same time it's no good making Brock champion this far out from Mania as that would mean months of PPV's without a defense and 20 or so Raw's with no WWE champion.

Another option is Cesaro but I think it will be too soon, Cesaro needs more time to be established as a main event level guy before facing Brock, even if the match is easy get to via a falling out with Heyman. Of course the counter argument is that Cesaro could go toe to toe in a losing effort against Brock and still get the rub while setting up a potential Mania 31 rematch.

Beyond that the possibility of fresh opponents for Brock is limited given the pedigree needed to get booked with him. Orton and Batista are probably the strongest established options but both are heels and I don't see a way in to those matches right now.

For me the strongest option is John Cena, their match at Extreme Rules 2012 was a classic and he is the only guy to beat Brock since his return without a receipt. With mic workers the caliber of Cena and Heyman the build should be great and the history between Cena and Brock adds an extra hook, I imagine the simple set up would be Cean coming out to shut down Heyman as he continues to gloat over ending the streak, it's simple but the kind of thing Cena would take offense to and an easy reason to bring Brock back through the curtain.

So who do you personally want to see Brock face and who do you think Brock will face?

Bryan. I don't think fans are going to take to kindly to him dropping the belt to one of the old faces. And other than Cena, Orton, Batista you've then got Triple H & Lesnar as your only viable options. Unless somebody manages to breakout huge in the next few months, which is unlikely.

People will want to see Bryan/Lesnar and they'll be accepting of Bryan losing after Brock ended The Streak.

I'm not sure if Brock will wrestle at Summerslam.

Have him wrestle at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble.

Lesnar beats Bryan for the WWE title. Rock wins the Rumble.

Rock beats Brock for the WWE title at Wrestlemania 31.

Internet fans cry and Vince gets millions of dollars, millions of dollars, millions of dollars.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

THE ROCK WILL NOT BE FIGHTING FOR ANY TITLE AT WM31 .
You have to get over it.

Also Brock will be at Summerslam as the WWE see it as there 2nd biggest PPV so wouldnt surprise me if he fought Bryan if the build up is good, but I see this authority storyline going right through until then at the very least maybe ending at Survivor Series

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock beat Reigns. I'm hoping Evolution goes until summerslam. Maybe HHH buys some hired muscle to finally dissolve The Shield. Brock can beat Reigns cleanly and both still end up looking strong in the end. Reigns takes one step closer to main event level and Brock cleanly beats another tough heavyweight up and comer on his way to winning the WWE title.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock beat Reigns. I'm hoping Evolution goes until summerslam. Maybe HHH buys some hired muscle to finally dissolve The Shield. Brock can beat Reigns cleanly and both still end up looking strong in the end. Reigns takes one step closer to main event level and Brock cleanly beats another tough heavyweight up and comer on his way to winning the WWE title.

That would be a good idea but it's still very soon for Reigns.

Remember the only 2 full timers are the face of the company John Cena and Cm Punk who was #2 at the time.

Brock only faces multiple world champions.

Which match would you see Brock having at Mania? I say The Rock.

The Guy who Beat Hogan/Austin/Cena vs The Guy Who ended the Streak

Rock wins and retires against Bryan at WM32.

Internet fans cry and Vince gets millions of dollars, millions of dollars, millions of dollars.

Hmmm everytime I click a post there you are talking about Rock or dissing cm punk. I hope brock or daniel bryan faces rock just so you can have the wet dream come true. Obsession meets sexual fantasy meets a goat.

To stay on topic I will say brock should face rock. It only makes sense, rock is the greatest, he's super duper cute and has big juicy muscles. He smiles and I can actually feel him smiling at me. His charisma is like butter dripping off a hot thick cob of corn....mmmmmm....yummy. Sorry what are we talking about? Me and goat get carried away sometimes. Long story short I like fast and the furious, well the ones that star my rock

Brock Lesnar is the only main eventer that Daniel Bryan hasn't beaten. Bryan has beaten Cena, Orton, Batista and Triple H. So, unless CM Punk comes back in time for Summerslam, or Reigns or Wyatt really start to catch fire over the summer, it surely has to be Lesnar vs. Bryan.

I'm okay with Lesnar being WWE champion for a while. He's up there with Cena and Bryan as people who could really make the world title matter. And he puts on great matches when working with the right opponents. So I'm fine with Lesnar vs. Bryan, with Lesnar going over.

The only problem for Lesnar is that he can't pull a Rock. If you're going to be WWE champion, be the WWE champion. Don't show up sporadically. Be there every week, holding those titles.

I'm okay with Lesnar being WWE champion for a while. He's up there with Cena and Bryan as people who could really make the world title matter. And he puts on great matches when working with the right opponents. So I'm fine with Lesnar vs. Bryan, with Lesnar going over.

The only problem for Lesnar is that he can't pull a Rock. If you're going to be WWE champion, be the WWE champion. Don't show up sporadically. Be there every week, holding those titles.

I couldnt agree more .Id like to see Lesner as champ but if he is ,he needs to be around ALL the time not just go away and then turn up weeks later when he feels like it.

They can have Brock vs Bryan for the title at summerslam and have brock win. and the next night on raw the MITB winner can cash in on him.. to make it more interesting they can have the MITB winner be Cesaro and this can set something up between Brock and Cesaro for the future.. and Brock can take his normal time off until his next PPV whenever it may be

I'm really hoping Brock Lesnar faces Randy Orton at SummerSlam, it's a dream match only fit for SummerSlam as both wrestlers became the youngest world champion at the event. However this will not happen as long as both remain heels.

I don't think WWE wants to book Brock Lesnar to lose his first match after beating the streak however so I don't think he should face Daniel Bryan this early and there would be no point in Brock Lesnar winning the title as long as he remains a part timer, as he will have to drop it prior to WrestleMania if he wins it at SummerSlam. At this point and time I think we may see a rematch between John Cena and Brock Lesnar, John Cena's program with Bray Wyatt shouldn't last much longer and they need to give John Cena a high profile feud, while at the same time keep him out of the title picture.

There are three things at play here...

1) SummerSlam is the company's second-biggest pay-per view of the year. Though nowhere near as big as 'Mania, it's still an all-hands on deck approach. As such, Lesnar will be on the card.

2) Brock Lesnar HAS TO wrestle the WWE Champion in his next match. The guy just ended The Streak at WrestleMania. This might be the single-biggest 'rub' any wrestler has been given in the past 30 years. If beating The Undertaker at WrestleMania doesn't automatically qualify a guy as the Number 1 contender, it almost diminishes the accomplishment.

3) Brock Lesnar can't actually hold the WWE Title until January. Winning in January would allow him to take the title into WrestleMania, thus maximizing his exposure. Because Lesnar's appearances are limited, you have to pick and choose when you use him. You don't want to waste those precious few opportunities on pay-per views like Hell in a Cell and Night of Champions (as well as the 8-10 Raws in between that would be used for the build.) The only pay-per views that truly matter anymore are WrestleMania, SummerSlam and The Royal Rumble. You need to make sure Lesnar is available for those - and wasting appearances for B-level pay-per views might negatively effect his availability.

Taking all that into consideration, I book the Bryan vs. Lesnar match at SummerSlam. I spend the summer months with The Authority/Evolution doing their damnedest to get the belt off Bryan - between Kane, Orton, Batista and Triple H, each member can have a crack at the belt between now and SummerSlam since there are 4 pay-per views in that time (If Triple H doesn't want a title match, he can make a triple threat match one month). After all of them fail, Triple H will turn to the returning conqueror - a man worthy of being the face of the company, a man so good he took down The Streak. Thus, Lesnar's involvement in the WWE Title match will work as an extension of The Authority/Evolution vs. Daniel Bryan/The Shield story that I expect to carry the show through the summer.

I see the match playing out with both groups getting involved. But in the end, I see Reigns being the guy that costs Lesnar the match. This plants a seed for a match at The Royal Rumble, which I'll get to...

But first - During the summer months, Triple H will try to drive a wedge between The Shield. When we head into MITB, Triple H will make a qualifying match between Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose with the winner being entered into the ladder match. Reigns will win, which will create seeds of jealousy. Further, Reigns will win the MITB match, which will inflate his ego and cause more of a rift between him and the other Shield members - it will also cause a level of distrust between him and Bryan since Reigns can effectively take his title at any time. Bottom line, the fans are just waiting for the inevitable Reigns heel turn.

At SummerSlam, Reigns will challenge Triple H... but he'll wind up losing due to botched interference from his Shield brethren. All will seem ok between the Shield members during the main event when they work together to support Daniel Bryan. As I said, Reigns will be the deciding factor in keeping the belt on Bryan - but right after doing so, he'll take out Bryan and become the new WWE Champion, turning heel in the process. The program with Bryan will take the WWE through most of the fall months...

...and when Lesnar returns in January, he immediately targets Reigns - which leads to a WWE Title match at The Royal Rumble. Lesnar wins, allowing him to go into WrestleMania as the champion. And then, as much as most people will probably hate it, Cena takes the belt off him at WrestleMania.

There... you asked for booking 'til SummerSlam, and I just gave you the next year.

One match that I still want to see is Ryback vs Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Match. I know its unlikely because Ryback's been pushed down the card and is part of a tag team now. But I think its possible that they could turn Ryback back face and bring back the "Feed Me More" chants. He was a "Heyman Guy" last year so they could tie that in the storyline and he is one of the few that can match up with Brock physically. I know it probably wont happen but I still hope to see this match sometime in the future.

It's difficult to say because we've no real idea what WWE's long term plans are for Lesnar. Pretty much all we know is that his current deal expires after WrestleMania XXXI. Given that Lesnar ended the streak, there's a logical reason why Lesnar would go after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar's in the history books already as the youngest WWE Champion in history, only person to be NCAA, WWE and UFC Heavyweight Champion and he's the one who ended the streak.

IF WWE ultimately intends to put Lesnar in a program for the title, I don't see it happening prior to the Royal Rumble if they wanna milk Lesnar ending the streak for as much as they can. However, aside from a World Championship program, I simply don't see them using Lesnar in a match with anyone who isn't a long term, established player in WWE. We've already seen him go up against Triple H 3 times, so I doubt anyone really wants to see it again. I could see a possibility of Lesnar feuding with Randy Orton at SummerSlam with Orton's motivation being that he wants to slay the beast that killed the streak; the only problem is that there's nobody to root for and the same goes with Batista.

Personally, I'd like to see a rematch with John Cena at SummerSlam as a means of Lesnar truly sort of balancing the books between them. Lensar's gone over CM Punk, Big Show and The Undertaker since Extreme Rules last year and he owns two wins over Triple H with Trips beating him once at WrestleMania 29. Before moving onto pursue the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Lesnar wants to fully prove that he beat anyone who comes after him and since Cena is the only one that's gotten the best of him so far, he's a fitting challenge. Since Lesnar will take off again until the Royal Rumble, he can have a marquee match against Cena, go over him at SummerSlam and go after the champion for the Royal Rumble.

IF WWE ultimately doesn't intend for Lesnar to go after the champion and/or become champion, then that does open up the field quite a bit more. If they don't intend to book Lesnar as a title contender, which is really the only major thing left for him before his deal expires, then maybe they should just use him to elevate someone like Cesaro or Roman Reigns at SummerSlam.

I see many still favour Brock vs Bryan but I just cannot see them doing a multi run-in finish, that doesn't seem the way to book the special attraction of a Brock match IMO. If they do go with Brock vs Bryan then I have to think WWE have worked something out with him to do a proper title run.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock winning the title again, and then completely disrespecting it... RAW after SummerSlam he walks to the ring with the title and says "I am the champion, I beat the streak, I'm better than everyone... I'm leaving, there's nothing left for me to do here".. then he throws the championship away and leaves.

If he's only going to come in and out for a few matches a year, get some real heat on him leaving. Then when he comes back it'll be bigger deal. They could have Bryan or Cena win the vacant title back and then have Brock come back for a rematch at the Rumble or 'Mania for the "real championship". That's how you get real heat on Lesnar and use his limited schedule as an advantage... and helps put over someone else in a big way.

I'm expecting him to face Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Of course Brock has to win, because if he lost, it would make the fact that he conquered the streak pointless. The next night on Raw, after Lesnar is brutally attacked by someone, the superstar who won the Money in the Bank Ladder Match cashes in their contract and defeats Brock, allowing Lesnar to take time off.

With the way things are going now, I'm leaning towards Cesaro. You have to believe in Cesaro reaching a point of frustration with Heyman constantly bragging about Lesnar ending The Streak. Maybe Cesaro rips the mic out of Heyman's hands one night to tell him enough is enough, and Lesnar appears to save Heyman. Heyman and Lesnar are at the top of the list for public enemies in the eyes of the fans, so Cesaro is in a perfect position for a big rub, if he turns on Heyman.

I'm sure Lesnar and Cesaro are more than capable of having a killer match together, but I'm worried about Cesaro holding his own on the mic. CM Punk is one of the best on the mic, but Cesaro's promos are too dull most of the time.

Cena's another great choice. Lesnar and Cena had a bonified classic at Extreme Rules 2012, and they can build a storyline around Lesnar seeking revenge for Cena's fluke win with the Hail Mary AA.

Daniel Bryan? I don't see it. There's a good chance of Bryan holding on to the WWE WHC until Summerslam, and Brock can't lose to Bryan in a one on one match. On top of that, Brock Lesnar has no interest in anything resembling a full-time schedule, so I really don't see the point in having Lesnar win the gold, if he's working a part-time/sporadic appearances schedule. The Rock had a lackluster and forgettable run with the WWE Championship in 2013, and you'll run into the same problem with Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar is the only main eventer that Daniel Bryan hasn't beaten. Bryan has beaten Cena, Orton, Batista and Triple H. So, unless CM Punk comes back in time for Summerslam, or Reigns or Wyatt really start to catch fire over the summer, it surely has to be Lesnar vs. Bryan.

Bryan never beat Sheamus. Sheamus can easily get built back up like he did in 2012, winning the Royal Rumble out of nowhere.

If it wasn't for Sheamus, Bryan wouldn't be as big as he is now. It would be interesting to see them fight with the roles reversed, Sheamus being the bad guy and Bryan being the good guy

Brock vs. Bryan would be great but for a solid program to work it would mean Brock has to win the title to keep the feud going. This is a problem due to Lesnar's limited appearances and I believe he only Wrestles 3 PPV matches a year. So between now and December he only has 1 match left in his contract, how is he going to work a program with Bryan?

Of course they can work a deal to extend Lesnar's appearances but until that happens I can't see Lesnar vs. Bryan happening.

Of course Bryan can beat Lesnar and that will be the end of it but that would be such a waste of a potentially great program.

I would guess Bryan, Rock or Cena. The only ones "big enough" right now. I would however; like to see them build a feud between Swagger and Brock. Their styles would blend perfectly, and I think Swagger MIGHT be able to pull that little bit extra out of lesnar (ala Kurt Angle)........I AM NOT COMPARING ANGLE TO SWAGGER. I simply mean that we haven't seen brock face a "wrestler" since Angle.

I couldnt agree more .Id like to see Lesner as champ but if he is ,he needs to be around ALL the time not just go away and then turn up weeks later when he feels like it.

Pretty sure you jackweeds were trying to ban me instead of this guy... HAHA SUCKERS... Although I know i'll probably get banned again soon anyway for some reason... Probably this.

Anyway I think it would be good for Lesnar to beat Cena at Summerslam as it would be the perfect way to follow up on his Mania win. The guy who ended the Streak beats the guy who people feel SHOULD have ended the Streak. This guarantees making Lesnar look absolutely unstoppable heading into his title match with Bryan whenever. Also I think Lesnar needs to avenge his loss to John Cena a couple years back at ER for some reason... Idk it just nags at me that these two have only crossed paths once.

Bryan. I don't think fans are going to take to kindly to him dropping the belt to one of the old faces. And other than Cena, Orton, Batista you've then got Triple H & Lesnar as your only viable options. Unless somebody manages to breakout huge in the next few months, which is unlikely.

People will want to see Bryan/Lesnar and they'll be accepting of Bryan losing after Brock ended The Streak.

Yep. Bryan needs to drop the title to Lesnar at Summerslam. Have Lesnar show up every 2 or 3 weeks. The champion doesn't need to be on every RAW doing pointless tag matches and shit anyways.

The Lesnar/Bryan Title match has to happen and Brock can't lose to Daniel Bryan.

Have Lesnar be Champ from SSlam to WM31 where Cesaro fights him and goes over him for the title.

If not Lesnar/Bryan then I guess you could do Lesnar vs. Cesaro but it seems kind of early to break up Heyman and Cesaro.

There's Lesnar/Rock but I guess they feel like that's a WM quality match.

If it was my call, I'd do Lesnar vs. Bryan for the WWE WHC with Lesnar going over.

Pretty sure you jackweeds were trying to ban me instead of this guy... HAHA SUCKERS... Although I know i'll probably get banned again soon anyway for some reason... Probably this.

Anyway I think it would be good for Lesnar to beat Cena at Summerslam as it would be the perfect way to follow up on his Mania win. The guy who ended the Streak beats the guy who people feel SHOULD have ended the Streak. This guarantees making Lesnar look absolutely unstoppable heading into his title match with Bryan whenever. Also I think Lesnar needs to avenge his loss to John Cena a couple years back at ER for some reason... Idk it just nags at me that these two have only crossed paths once.

I definitely agree with you about Lesnar beating Cena at Summerslam. I also agree with you that Cena should've lost to Lesnar a couple years back at Extreme Rules. Though you're wrong about Lesnar and Cena only having crossed paths once. Back in 2003 Lesnar and Cena wrestled each other quite a bit..Not like the WWE would ever bring that up, but yea they've wrestled each other plenty of times.

If Cena and Lesnar do wrestle at Summerslam, they should damn certainly go all-out and the match should end with Cena being wheeled out of Summerslam on a stretcher. With Cena on a stretcher, that would put Brock in a good position to then face Batista at maybe Survivor Series since that match has been talked about for awhile, anyways.

I definitely agree with you about Lesnar beating Cena at Summerslam. I also agree with you that Cena should've lost to Lesnar a couple years back at Extreme Rules. Though you're wrong about Lesnar and Cena only having crossed paths once. Back in 2003 Lesnar and Cena wrestled each other quite a bit..Not like the WWE would ever bring that up, but yea they've wrestled each other plenty of times.

If Cena and Lesnar do wrestle at Summerslam, they should damn certainly go all-out and the match should end with Cena being wheeled out of Summerslam on a stretcher. With Cena on a stretcher, that would put Brock in a good position to then face Batista at maybe Survivor Series since that match has been talked about for awhile, anyways.

Sorry I meant crossing paths as the megastars that they are now. However their feud when Cena was the Doctor of Thuganomics was awesome. Probably better than anything they could put together now.

I agree with the rest, Cena needs to be bloodied and battered at the end of their match (if it happens) and maybe dissapear for a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back