Who do you prefer-SCSA or Daniel Bryan?

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
With Daniel Bryan getting the biggest cheers since "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, who do you prefer? Who is your favourite?

Stone cold everyday was far more entertaining than db but then db is a better all round wrestler than Scsa but for me Scsa

GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN..
are you trolling?

comparing SCSA to Bryan... wow
Bryan is ROH veteran who has got over with a YES chant, the chant is bigger than him, I give it 2 years MAX and bryan will turn into a ryback, a ziggler or a sheamus.

SCSA pushed the limits and took wrestling to new heights and became the biggest money making star in professional wrestling. What's Bryan done again? Oh yes created that silly YES chant which all the sheep jump on board with as there is nothing else to entertain them.

Look at it for what it really is.

Bryan may be the most popular guy on the roster right now but lets face it hes nowhere near as entertaining as stone cold.if it where possible i think most people would swap bryan for austin in his prime in a second.

Can't even compare the two. They are different in every way. In ring Bryan is better, but SCSA gives a much better on the mic.

Well, if we're talking about someone being the main guy in a company, I prefer Stone Cold Steve Austin. If we're talking about match quality/technical skill as a preference, than Daniel Bryan. Many preferred Benoit to The Rock back in the early 2000's, but you'd probably be surprised at how defined and particular their preference was. Nobody's saying that Daniel Bryan is more interesting on the mic or compelling as a personality than Stone Cold friggin' Steve friggin' Austin, but then, nobody's claiming he's taller than Andre, either.

Well as much as I am a DBry fan and can appreciate the work he's been putting in, to even consider him remotely on a level with SCSA is rather ridiculous.

Sure, Bryan is a great in-ring worker, and he's been really popular for a year now - but SCSA is widely considered the figurehead of an era that revolutionized the entire industry, and is sometimes handled as THE biggest wrestling star of all time, even before Hulk Hogan. Personally, I consider that a mistake - because Hogan did everything Stone Cold did; only he did it TWICE, and helped define not one but two eras of pro wrestling with Hulkamania in the 80ies, and the nWo in the 90ies.

But still, SCSA is a candidate for the top three (or at least top five) wrestlers of all time, and as much as I like Daniel Bryan, he isn't anywhere near that league yet. If he can keep this kind of momentum going for another 3-5 years, then we might be talking.

Right now he's the most over guy in pro wrestling, no doubt... but there is this nice saying: If the sun is standing low, even dwarves cast long shadows.

Let's see what Bryan can achieve in terms of longevity and lasting impact, and only then we'll truly be able to compare Daniel Bryan to the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin. Right now, he isn't even in the same league yet.

Is this a Joke?

O god...let the DB lovefest/suckfest begin

I remember like two years ago when someone posted a topic asking Punk or Macho Man and I thought that one was ridiculous but this is one is even worse.

People that I have liked more, have had better careers, more interesting feuds, been better for business, and imo are more talented than DB are

HHH, Y2J, Bret, HBK, Taker, Brock, Rock, Flair, Punk, Cena, Foley, Dusty, Savage, Orton...damn I could probably do this all day

Austin is on another planet than DB....DB hasnt even surpassed Rey Mysterio imo..

I love DB but this thread pisses me off because people on here are so fast to put someones name up there with guys like Austin, Rock, and Hogan. Guys that were once in a lifetime superstars vs your average guy that wrestled in roh and the indys for ten years. DB is no different than Austin Aries or Davey Richards, I actually prefer Aries...DB just has a chant but as far as talent goes there are way to many people on his level if not better and the same could not be said for Austin.

GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN..
are you trolling?

Bryan is ROH veteran who has got over with a YES chant, the chant is bigger than him

And that's why people chant "let's go Bryan" even when Bryan isn't in the ring:shrug:

On topic: we can't compare these 2 stars. SCSA is an all time great and Bryan is red hot now but not in a legendary status yet. Too many dues to pay for him to reach that level.

Can you please stop comparing two Professional wrestlers..I mean every wrestler had their own moments in the Industry..

Well SCSA was a big draw during the attitude era.. He took off wrestling into new heights..He brought us some real special moments in the wrestling biz..He is of course the greatest star that has been in this profession ..

Daniel Bryan is red hot right now..He has more fan support than any other wrestler in the globe..He has all the potential to carry the company to the next level and he is a great asset..

One last thing..If by some means SCSA returns next week to RAW for full time then forget Daniel Bryan or any other wrestler on the current roster coz then there will only be one chant running wild and that will be 'WHAT'....

Daniel bryan is whats wrong with WWE, him plus the nerd movement of tiny little fans who love prancing. SCSA was bad ass.

Bryan is a great wrestler who could in a few years possibly be one of the biggest stars to grace the company, but stone cold is one of a kind, greatest of all time!

Daniel bryan is whats wrong with WWE, him plus the nerd movement of tiny little fans who love prancing. SCSA was bad ass.

I totally agree with you. I fast forward through all his entrances and promos mainly because I'm sick of the finger pointing movement....I'm sure SCSA would've had some fingers for them.

Stone Cold has praised Daniel Bryan in his podcast. He loves the guy, thinks he is over, and thinks WWE should have put the title on DB before now.

Stone Cold is one of the most popular wrestlers of all-time, from the most popular era of all-time. You are just trolling and trying to get people arguing over DB a week before WrestleMania.

"STONE COLD WOULD'VE HAD SOME FINGERS FOR THEM." Please Jesus, don't let there be someone so simple on this planet they actually think that joke is funny.

The only similarity between Bryan and Austin is their audibly loud fan reactions. Bryan gets the loudest weekly reaction from the crowds and he is arguably as over with every kind of fan whether it is marks, casual viewers, and the smarks. Obviously, Austin & Bryan are also similar in that there will be those fans who don't like him because both are/were acquired tastes depending on your personal preferences.

As for whom I prefer, I'd have to go with Austin. He had such an amazing charisma about him and could control audiences via his storytelling ability which is very rare. He might not have been the most technically sound performer but he didn't need to be with how over he was. Bryan is a stark contrast to Stone Cold because he lacks the personality that Austin has but still has enough to be over. His matches are always great and he is arguably the best in-ring performer WWE has currently.

GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN..
are you trolling?

Bryan is ROH veteran who has got over with a YES chant, the chant is bigger than him, I give it 2 years MAX and bryan will turn into a ryback, a ziggler or a sheamus.

SCSA pushed the limits and took wrestling to new heights and became the biggest money making star in professional wrestling. What's Bryan done again? Oh yes created that silly YES chant which all the sheep jump on board with as there is nothing else to entertain them.

Look at it for what it really is.

Austin took wrestling to new heights? Really?

The nWo was responsible for the 90s pro wrestling boom.

All Austin did was steal a bunch of WCW fans.

Rock took WWF to unprecedented heights, numbers don't lie.

Who told you Austin made WWE more money than any other star?

I'm sure guys like Taker and Hunter made WWE more money on the long run than Austin did.

Dave Meltzer released a biggest draws in wrestling history list a few years ago with Austin being number 7.

Bruno and Hogan drew more than Austin as well.

Not everything is merchandise. Selling out arenas and live events make more money than merchandise and Austin was injured most of his prime and didn't wrestle in a lot of live events like Bruno, Hogan, Rock, Cena... did.

Also, sure the Austin character brought WWE tons of money but a guy like Rock brought WWE a lot of money but also made everyone he wrestled, everyone around him look like a million bucks and those guys also made money.

Austin buried everyone around him, remember when he came back and started beating up everyone to see who ran him over in 2000?

I was ok when he beat a bunch of lower card guys but then he beat up guys like Jericho which is absolute BS.

You compared Bryan to Ziggler/Ryback/Sheamus?

Which one of those guys pinned John Cena cleanly at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year?

Which one of those guys got the loudest pops since Austin/Rock?

Which one of those guys main evented WrestleMania?

Exactly.

Now stop hating.

I totally agree with you. I fast forward through all his entrances and promos mainly because I'm sick of the finger pointing movement....I'm sure SCSA would've had some fingers for them.

I gotta agree! I'm sure DBry is a nice guy, but the Yes movement crap is so boring! I can't see him staying over without a few tweeks. Trimming up the hair and beard a little bit, a little bit less of him leading the chants. He is starting to feel like a PG version of Spike Dudley. Where's Stacy Keibler and her camo miniskirt when we need her?

Seriously though

SCSA is timeless. If he could find the fountain of youth and comeback in prime shape he'd instantly be the most over guy in WWE. All Spike Dudley kidding aside I don't see Bryan ever reaching that level of over. I'm not sure Cena is there. Hogan, SCSA, The Rock, maybe macho man those guys reached a different level. That's not a knock on Bryan or Cena, HBK, Hart, Warrior, Taker, whoever else you can think of. Bryan may reach the level of all time great just under the big 3 or 4. When he does then we can have a serious thread about this comparison.

Is this a Joke?

O god...let the DB lovefest/suckfest begin

I remember like two years ago when someone posted a topic asking Punk or Macho Man and I thought that one was ridiculous but this is one is even worse.

People that I have liked more, have had better careers, more interesting feuds, been better for business, and imo are more talented than DB are

HHH, Y2J, Bret, HBK, Taker, Brock, Rock, Flair, Punk, Cena, Foley, Dusty, Savage, Orton...damn I could probably do this all day

Austin is on another planet than DB....DB hasnt even surpassed Rey Mysterio imo..

I love DB but this thread pisses me off because people on here are so fast to put someones name up there with guys like Austin, Rock, and Hogan. Guys that were once in a lifetime superstars vs your average guy that wrestled in roh and the indys for ten years. DB is no different than Austin Aries or Davey Richards, I actually prefer Aries...DB just has a chant but as far as talent goes there are way to many people on his level if not better and the same could not be said for Austin.

I ask this, because of the over-the-top way people are pushing Daniel Bryan. I have even heard the ridiculous notion that Bryan must win the title at WMXXX, or he won't be a star (meaning that if he won it at EC, Extreme Rules, or even the next night on Raw after 'Mania, it won't make him a star).

Look, it is no secret that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is not my favourite, and in some ways, I don't respect certain things about him (keeping some people down in the business and his treatment of women being the main two), but I respect his ability, and saw him as a star. Furthermore, when he won the title, it was his time. It wasn't some contrived match, and he was thrown into it. I respect "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as a competitor, and I even saw something big in him as "Stunning" Steve Austin in WCW.

Daniel Bryan can be a star, I'm just not sure it is at the moment. I don't know if he is there yet, and inserting him into a match where it was originally going to be a different match doesn't put across "star quality" to me. If Bryan is a true future star, he will be whether he wins the title at WMXXX, Raw, Smackdown, Extreme Rules or even Main Event. A star is a star. He either has it, or he doesn't.

This thread is based on the hype for DB being at SCSA levels, so I asked, if they choose one, who would it be, and if Bryan deserves the hype.

I have never seen such over the top unrealistic hype for anyone since Barak Obama got elected.

Shoot me.
Just go ahead, please. A trolling post if I've ever seen one. I do my best not to be rude to others, but comparing Stone Cold Steve Austin to Daniel Bryan?

Actually come to think of it, the OP is really just asking who we prefer. I personally like Daniel Bryan before this whole goat beard phase and I especially liked him in ROH. He is a gifted technical athlete with limited mic skills and a decent build for somebody of his size. Seeing the money draw though, nobody will come as close as Austin. Stone Cold is a better entertainer. I hate what Bryan has become.

perhaps co paring him to bret hart would be a better comparison? db and stone cold are polar opposite. kinda like punk and austin are. austin did the things that only we all could dream about and that was stick it to the man and beat up our boss without reprecussions. he could put somebody in a trance like they drank the special koolaide when he really went off on the mic. bd was on the other hand more like hart with his letting his actions speak better in the ring and doing the impossible. the main comparison and simularity between the 2 are really vince vs hhh. austin had vince to blow up on and really push him over the edge as db has hhh in the same position as vince. both have to overcome the "MAN" just to survive no matter what is being put in his way to keep him down. i like both equally for different reasons. one like austin, i am a little bit of a redneck and can identitify. 2) db is as skilled as dean malenko and has a vast arsenal of moves and countermoves and its exciting to see what he comes up with next to win. as for the joke of austin having some fingers for them? i actually thought that was funny so sorry Logisticalbooker86 i guess im just that damn simple. as for the op? hard to really choose between the 2 cause with what similarieties they both have to one and other, they truly are way to different and can appeal to people that like them both. so to be honest, I really cant answer which i like better cause they both entertain me in different ways.

Both wrestlers have fans who are easily amused with ******ed chants, but I can definitively say Daniel Bryan is not even in the same league as Stone Cold Steve Austin. Bryan gets big pops among wrestling fans, but he has zero cross over appeal. Random people on the streets don't know who Daniel Bryan is but I'm certain most of them know names like Stone Cold, The Rock, Hulk Hogan and yes... John Cena. Does this mean Bryan won't get there? No, it just means he's not there now. He's over, but don't confuse being over with being a huge draw.

Well Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler he's not on the level of stone cold yet. Bryan's in ring work is amazing and entertaining but it seems like his matches are getting kind of repetitive as of late. But his mic skills and chrasmia needs work. Fans will get tired of just chanting yes some time so he needs a little more behind him for the fans to stick with him. Now Austin was just great overall he had such believability in the ring and on the mic and just had that it factor and haven't seen someone like him since and probably never will he was the greatest and still is. And I think that's what Daniel Bryan lacks is believability IMO. IMO I think the entire roster lacks it besides hhh,lesnar and taker of course. Cm punk had believability IMO. So it's gonna take more for D-bry to get on Austin's level even if he can. But Austin's number 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back