Who is the greatest wrestler MC in WWE history?

CM Steel

A REAL American
For over a year now we've seen the WWE fans say and do the Daniel Bryan "Yes" chant. They point both of their index fingers in the air chanting YES! YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!...sorry got a li'l carried away there. Daniel Bryan has the power to move the crowd and get behind him. And til this very day DB still has control of that same crowd of fans all over the country. Any wrestler can tell a good story in the ring during a match. But you must be one hell of a wrestler to move the crowd like a rockstar or something. But my question is. Who is the greatest wrestler M.C. in WWE history?

My choice would have to be...WWE hall of famer Stone Cold Steve Austin! Stone Cold was ill on the mic in his day! And how can we forget the only thing that made the heel Steve Austin enjoyable to watch at the time was his "What" chant. Where once again til this very day is still being used whenever Stone Cold Steve Austin is on WWE TV or not. And whenever Stone Cold asked the crowd "can I get a hell yeah?", the hot WWE crowd would blow the roof off with a good ole HELL YEAH! Stone Cold Steve Austin has/has the WWE crowd in his hands each time. The Rock would have to be a strong second favorite.

But in your opinion's. Who is the greatest wrestler M.C. in WWE history?

For me, The Rock and Stone Cold are numbers 1 and 2, in either order. There are others in the debate, and I'm sure they'll get their due. With that in mind I'm going to give an underdogg his day:

"Oh, you didn't know? Yo' ass betta call some-bod-daaaaaaaaaay!"

Gotta have Road Dogg on the list. There's a generation of men, whether still wrestling fans or not, who can recite his entrance routine to this day. During the Attitude Era itself, forget about it. It wasn't too long after he started it before Road Dogg didn't even have to do all of it if he didn't want to, because there'd be 10,000+ voices doing it in unison, right on cadence and hitting every inflection. Part rap MC, part circus ring master, The Road Dogg Jesse James deserves inclusion on a list of great wrestling MCs. The Rock coined a library of catchphrases and Austin created a legendary call-and-response and an immortal one-word monster, but Road Dogg, in music industry parlance, had a hit single that went platinum many times over.

I think it's got to be The Rock he had a whole slew of catchphrases and he only had to say half of one and everyone in the crowd and at home would join and say in unison. I think you also have to have Y2J and Stone Cold on there for the same reasons but The Rock was a step above them IMO.

I dont have any shit to explain but the greatest wrestler on mic skills goes like this

1. THE ROCK- No one will match the mic skill of the GREAT ONE. Neverrrr.....

2. STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN- His Catch phrases are the best chanted than any other.........

3. CHRIS JERICHO- Jericho rules in HEEL mic skills.than alll.....

4. HHH

5. RIC FLAIR

Jericho is definitely up there, he came into the E having built a solid mic based character and completely blew it apart to the point he was better than Rock and Austin at the time.

Want proof? Why did they suddenly stop him talking on his way to matches the moment he began feuding with Dwayne and Steve? Because he was getting bigger pops than them with running down an opponent on the way to the ring than their phrases were getting.

So they took his main weapon away and forced him to reinvent himself, time and time again from cowardly Jericho through to the Best In The World At What He Does...he even made NOT talking for a month work!

Ultimately most will vote for the others, but the winner isn't on any of your lists.

Brian Pillman - without him there is no Austin, no Rock, no Jericho... all from that one immortal line "I respect you booker man". Pillman was on a tear in 95 and early 96, and had he not crashed 3 days after signing then HE not Austin would have won KOTR in 96, he'd have made a similarly if not more incendiary speech and feuded with Bret in an equally stellar set of matches.

Would the fans have taken the same? Who knows for sure? but remember Pillman's story of beating cancer and suddenly you can only think yes, he had that "hero quality" that Austin had but with an edge, and he was the better of the two workers at the time. Sadly while the accident took his ring ability it was telling his mic skills remained intact - they tried the home invader stuff later with Orton and HHH but nothing topped that moment where Pillman pulled a gun on live TV and the whole segment leading up to it.

Austin was great but Pillman was far greater and that is the real tragedy of the situation, not seeing where the Pillman led Attitude Era could and would have gone... Austin would have still been huge, on the mic as well as in the ring, their feud would have been epic and Rock would still have emerged, but we'd be a lot further removed from PG right now that's for sure. Both Pillman and Austin were adversely affected by accidents damaging their abilities. In Pillman's case he wasn't able to recover sufficently to mask them in the same way Austin could but make no mistake, pretty soon Austin was just riffing off of What? and doing the bare minimum needed on the stick and in the ring, Pillman was still being controversial literally until the day before he died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back