• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which superstars do you feel WWE shouldn't have released?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
Over the years, WWE has released several superstars. Now, some needed to be done for business reasons, while others, I feel shouldn't have happened. There are some superstars who were released and were later re-hired, such as Chris Jericho, Big Show, Christian, and Charlie Haas. Others, who possess great talents, have been released and WWE has not even thought of bringing back.

I want to know what you people think. Which superstars do you think shouldn't have been released from WWE, but were? Don't just give me a bunch of names... I want reasons. I'll get in started.

Some people I think shouldn't have been released include:
1. Chris Masters: I thought he was a good, big, muscular guy who could have gone far in the WWE. Of course, his drug problems stopped him, but WWE could have helped him deal with it. On his time on Smackdown, he could have made a great United States Champion.

2. Kid Kash: I think that his tag team with Jamie Noble was very effective. They had a great fued with Paul London and Brian Kendrick and Kash had a lot of talent. He had success on E.C.W. and could have also had success in WWE. After his team with Noble ended, he could have challenged for the Intercontinental, United States, or ECW Championships. I don't know if he would win any of them, but trying is good.

There are many more people, but I just named a few. What are you?

Muhammed Hassan. But I understand why they did it. His potential as a main event heel was godly, the number of high profile feuds are countless. Especially the big money Cena/Hassan feud that would have eventually happened. The character was brilliant. Great look, great mic worker and a pretty solid wrestler. He was like 25 too.

Shame he had to go. He could have been big, a main event run of his could have made for some quality entertainment and solid matches assuming they booked him worth a shit, which they were about too on SD when he was set up for a title run.

WWE hardly ever release anybody who serves a real purpose. They got rid of Kurt Angle because they thought he was going to die. Ultimate Warrior & The British Bulldog because, God forbid, they were taking drugs.

If people are honest with themselves, they don't give a shit about the low level talent that WWE get's rid of. If they're worth anything you'll see them again in another promotion. If they're worthless TNA will probably take them on anyway.

Shannon Moore - i don't know he was an entertaining wrestler and i always loved it when he came out. he could have really made a singles push during this hardy vs. hardy feud going on like if helms sided with Jeff and Shannon sided with Matt (due to V1 past or something)

lance cade - it's a shame he got released for having a seizure he made a great lackey for chris jericho and was pretty solid in the rng he could of made a good mid-card champion

kizarny - what can i say i was a fan of him and they could've of given him a little more time before releasing him

kurt angle - WWE's dumbest mistake in this subject was letting go of Kurt angle

I wish Manu had not been released so soon. Yes, he sucked... But, was he really at his full potential? I think if he had been sent back down to FCW and trained for another year or two, he could have been brought back up and teamed with Umaga to re-form the Wild Samoans because, lets face it, Umaga's not doing much and the tag team division could really use another good tandem. Plus, Manu would have a non-speaking role.

I know he had personal family issues to tend to and the E can't wait forever but I wished Monty Brown aka Marcus Cor Von was still a part of the company. I think he really could of did somethings if given the chance.

"Ultimate Warrior & The British Bulldog because, God forbid, they were taking drugs."

WWE should fire people for drug use if they cant get it right. Right now it has the government breathing down its throat. That wont make sponsors happy endorsing a drug-filled company. Parents may block their children from watching it. Plus, Im sure it is no fun pulling bodies out of hotel rooms and then breaking the news to your roster. No matter which side of the pot issue you stand on, RVD should have been protecting the WWE's image. Being busted for pot isn't protecting its image. Vince has helped people with drug addiction. But if losing your dream job doesn't wake you up, not much will.

I will agree Muhammed Hussan was let go prematurely. Armando Alejandro Estrada was another I felt they should have kept. Just about everyone else, including Kurt Angle (who asked for it), was either asked to be let go, doing drugs or just wasn't fitting anything the WWE was trying to accomplish. Keeping people who don't want to be there is not a good idea. Look at Lesnar vs. Goldberg. That is what you get.

Matt Morgan sould've never been released. WWE didn't know how to use him. The whole stuttering gimmick was dumb as hell. In TNA besides AJ Styles, I think he has the potential to become a future superstar.

Hassan for sure.

Its their own fault. He was on the build to big things. The guy was working good with Taker. Then they had to go too far with Terrorist stuff, and then that Attack happened in London. Another Problem with having Smack Down taped.
I think the time could be right and Hassan could be brought back now, and could work I think. he was doing acting or something so I dont know if he would even come back..

Elijah Burke- I thought he was very athletic and put on a good match. He was rushed up the card with popular support and they pull away the rug.. terrible move.

And I'm not upset with it, I just think a missed opportunity was Hade Vansen's angle with the Undertaker. He would've received immediate credibility by being in a program with the Phenom, much as Kane was when he debuted. "Kane" never wrestled and walked in on the main event scene. When you have interactions with the main event guys you gain a boost over the others. I never seen him wrestle so I'm not exactly upset with it, but if they decided to begin the angle I'd have to think he didn't suck.

Manu could have had a decient run, why not form a samoan style stable on smackdown umaga, manu, sim snuka, bring back umagas old hiphop partner rosey?? with a wild samoan style gimmick, and mabe an older wrestler for star power mabe barbarian, meng, or rakishi, A good old school mouth peice like capt. lou?? I agree matt morgan will some day be the man to beat

Shannon Moore. If they'd have waited just a little longer, they could've teamed him up with Gregory Helms and had them as one of the top tag teams. Neither guy was good enough to get over on their own as an IC/US/ECW champion clearly, as Helms hasn't done anything since his return. But together, they could've been a great tag team.

And I'm not upset with it, I just think a missed opportunity was Hade Vansen's angle with the Undertaker. He would've received immediate credibility by being in a program with the Phenom, much as Kane was when he debuted. "Kane" never wrestled and walked in on the main event scene. When you have interactions with the main event guys you gain a boost over the others. I never seen him wrestle so I'm not exactly upset with it, but if they decided to begin the angle I'd have to think he didn't suck.

Good one. That confused the hell out of me considering his promo was interesting and better than 3/4's of the WWE roster could cut. I'm guessing his in ring abilty is shit. I had never heard of him until that, so I doubt he was in FCW too long to work it out or he maybe he just pissed someone off...

My vote goes to Elijah Burke, he was very much a second version of Shelton Benjamin, he had a great programme with CM Punk and should have been ECW/US/IC Champion by now! It was a real shame because we didn't see him for a couple of months because creative couldn't come up with anything. Seriously, what a waste!

Another name I'd include is Steven Richards. He going solid and had a mini-run going on ECW and then...they cut him. I really feel he's a guy who would be credible on the roster to help train the younger guys, plus he was a solid worker and he knows how to pull a good promo. Again bad choice!

Am I really the only one who remembers Sylvester Terkay?
(and I apologize to the elitists before-hand if I mis-spelled his name)

Though, he never did anything at all so how can we really judge, but from his past record in martial arts it seemed like he has alot of potential. Of course, two things work against my argument right off the beat and I don't disagree with them.

A)The WWE paired him with Elijah Burke. Big mistake. When you ever push a guy with zero charisma (who knows, maybe he did have some we just didnt ever see it) with a manager who wresltes more matches than you and had charisma through the roof you know your push wont last long. The fans wouldn't have allowed it. Even at the house show I went to, Terkay was wrestling and Burke was in his corner and everyone was chanting Burke's name and this was before Burke went to ECW.

B)Vladimir Kozlov (PT.1)
The WWE had already been investing in this guy for quite a while at the same time they were "pushing" Terkay. If you were to compare the two, aside from one being from Russia, there isnt much different at all. So in turn, the WWE had to let one go so Terkay is the most logical choice.

Vladimir Kozlov (PT.2)
This guy also has an amazing martial arts record, and he has just slightly more
pro-wrestling skills than John Cena. Which isn't saying much.

Muhammad Hassam- this guy was just reeking of potential. He was young, great on the mic, and the marks absolutly hated him

Elijah Burke- really was this guy was let go is beyond me. He's pretty much a more charismatic shelton. He had a great style and could draw a lot of heat on the mic.

Armando Alejandro Estrada- this guy was just hilarious and would be perfect to manage someone like Vladimir Kozlov. The sneaky Cuban and the strong Russian working together. It fits every stereotype and we know that the WWE loves stereotypes!

Muhammad Hassam- this guy was just reeking of potential. He was young, great on the mic, and the marks absolutly hated him

If I remember right, and I may not, But it seems he was released at his request. WWE was going to repackage him but he decided he wanted to go into acting instead, so he basically quit WWE, they never released him.

The role with Undertaker at the end was to get rid of the character he was, and in a few months they were binging him back

Remember Mordicah/Kevin Thorn? Complete make over

All hands down - clearly the most disappointing release in recent time is most definitely Elijah Burke - when I saw him the first time (with terrible Terkay) I automatically saw his raging potential that I was hoping within months they'd get rid of that bearded big chin freak (which they did) and invest more in the real talent - I was so sure that the push that Burke needed was coming after he became the leader of the new breed faction. After that storyline was all said and done - it was just a matter of time before we saw Burke holding a belt and being written in on some major plots - NOPE! WWE writers (who I'd personally like to say just abunch of college degree pricks who think they come up with the greatest writing on the face of this planet) screwed one of the most talented wrestlers of today. I do hope that Burke follows up with his wrestling skills and takes it to great heights - and one day WWE will regret making such a mistake.

The Basham Brothers
They were awsome back in 2004 with there matches with the los gurrero. If they stayed for a couple more years i think they could helped the tag team divsion alot more and probley could of been a 4 or 5 time tag team champion instead of 2

who else? elijah burke...great talker, good in the ring, what more do you want? WWE just waisted the man, but hey, WWE seems to push trash down ppl's throats plenty of times, so this is really no surprise. rather just piss me off.

elija burke. he was the new face of ecw nd enjoyed his feud with punk. its a shame he never got the ecw tittle

rene dupree is another one. he was so young nd talented nd could have been a big star

kevin thorn. his gimmick could of gotten over with the rite feud nd storyline but instead was taken of t.v. nd let go

I know SOMEONE will rip into me for saying this..BUT

1. Nate Jones (can't really remember the exact terms of his departure) but he was BIG, BUILT, and surprisingly quick. He honestly could have gone far as the Takers partner during the run of the taker as the "American Badass". He was huge and he could do an impressive spin kick for starters. He had quite a lot of potential and its a shame he didnt get to show it. If nothing else he could have had decent feuds with Khali, Kane, Big Show etc etc.

2. Of course Burke! He was as talented an individual as I've seen. Charisma, speed, athletic ability. The complete package. AND not to sound racist but he's black. WWE really could have kept him and pushed an African American tag team down our throats.
with that said...

3. Marcus Cor Von... Team him up with Burke (AKA NEW Breed) and You've got a pretty damn good Tag team.

The WWE has royally screwed themselves with letting guys go via release. All they do is give them media/tv exposure and then release them. Once they get released (If they havent already been to TNA) they go there and draw more media attention to TNA...Totally hurting the WWE fanbase. Yes they have up and comers such as Legacy and the Hardy's and other young talent, but would it really hurt the WWE THAT much to have 3 solid shows? Spread your young talent out equally. But again..what do i know? :(

There are loads but let me think...

1) Test had great potential but unfortunately they released him and it's too late now to ever give him another chance.

2) Rhyno, This guy was big, athletic and amazing and should of had a great push but ended up being fired when Matt Hardy was (although Matt got resigned).

3) Scotty 2 Hotty that guy was just fun to watch and always put me in a great mood.

There are many more but those are the ones that come to mind.

Hardcore Holly- Okay, not much Holly fans out there I'm sure. But I like him, as much of an asshole he may have been at times. He's been with the company for over and decade and a half, solid performer, he could put over a rookie, he could kick some ass, he actually put on a few good athletic matches with Kurt Angle among others, he of course was a big part of bringing hardcore to WWE in 1999-2000, and he (believe it or not) got pretty good fan responce a lot of the time. A solid veteran, maybe not a legend. But a solid veteran. Yeah, not someone to invest too much into, but he could bring a good element to the show. And call me lame, but he was the only reason I watched Velocity for a little while there.

Sean O'Hair- I REALLY thought he was going places when Roddy Piper endorsed him. And he was fun, to me, to watch. He was dark, but a badass new age kind of dark. He could have easily made it to the upper-mid card at least. I miss the guy being in WWE. A big loss or potiential missed.

Big Daddy V- Another veteran, okay, I know he's not gonna be World Champ or, especially at this stage in his career, the next big thing. But he, like Holly, could provide a solid base for a show like Raw or SD. He could have headlined ECW for sure, could have been a more reckless and interesting champ than Henry. And this guy is so versatile! Give him any gimmick, he'll pull it off. Hardworker too. He really gets that weight around.

WWE hardly ever release anybody who serves a real purpose. They got rid of Kurt Angle because they thought he was going to die. Ultimate Warrior & The British Bulldog because, God forbid, they were taking drugs.

If people are honest with themselves, they don't give a shit about the low level talent that WWE get's rid of. If they're worth anything you'll see them again in another promotion. If they're worthless TNA will probably take them on anyway.

This what makes me mad here.....if its not ok in the major league baseball, nfl, or nba then it shouldnt be in professional wrestling...i mean really how many more wrestlers have to snap kill there family and themselves for people to relize roids are bad and are cheating......

now back to subject.....muhhamad hassin and lance cade...two guys who seemed to be moving along great then poof gone...hassin was the most hated person there and was good in the ring and mic....cade great talent too and was learning and learnt from two of the best in the business in jericho and hbk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back