Which superstar on RAW or Smackdown is next for ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rko57

The Icon
I recently posted the “Is this the beginning of the end for Christian on ECW?” thread, and I am also interested in what superstars ya’ll think could be on their way to ECW next. Look at all the superstars who have gone to ECW to gain credibility if you will:The Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Matt Hardy, Kane, Mark Henry, Finlay, The Miz, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, and finally Christian. That's not to even mention the ones who ECW established: CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, and now Sheamus. Every single one of those wrestlers are gone except for Shelton and Christian, but it seems like Christian will be gone sometime around WrestleMania 26. Even William Regal and Kozlov are there establishing themselves. All the others seemed to at least do something for a little bit once they left or still are in some way since they left ECW. My question is which superstar or superstars are next to go to ECW to try and establish themselves in the next draft or brand trade? Here are a few to take a look at it and keep in mind:

Carlito: It’s been reported that creative had no direction for him. Carlito has the ability, maybe all he needs is to establish himself. Is ECW next for Carlito?

Chris Masters: He was resigned recently, but hasn’t done much at all since then. Does he need a trip to the Land of Extreme?

Cody Rhodes: He is currently in Legacy, but what is next after Legacy? Orton and Dibiase seem to have a place, but not Cody. Does he go to ECW and have a lengthy reign there to prove himself even more?

Charlie Haas: He disappeared once he got drafted to Smackdown, does he need to go to ECW?

R-Truth: He was champion in TNA at one point, just like Christian. Does he go follow in Christian’s footsteps?

There are others as well Im sure people can name. Who is next in line for ECW?

Some good choices there rko57. I don't think we will see Haas move. He may be good in the ring, but I don't see the WWE trying to repackage him again. R-Truth is definitely a guy that could use a move to ECW to help elevate him into the main event scene. Another guy that came to my mind was MVP. He seems to be lost in the shuffle on Raw and he was really good on SD. Maybe a move to ECW and an ECW title reign could get MVP back to where people thought he'd once go. Another guy is Dolph Ziggler. It looks like they might be giving up on him, so why not move him to ECW and make him the top heel and eventually capture the title. Those would definitely be my top 3 choices.

I would think Matt Hardy's in need of it, because he really isn't doing much on Smackdown, and he could use a conditioning stint anyway, he seems slower and a bit heavier. I'd send Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, Mike Knox, Carlito, and Primo all to ECW because they're not DOING anything. This isn't realistic, but it's what I hope to happen.

I'd have to disagree on R-Truth. He seems to be working a program with CM Punk, the three-time heavyweight champion. He's on the up-and-up, at least at the moment.

I'll take the easy road, and say Chavo. After being Vickie's bitch for so long, he lost all credibility as a wrestler. We know he can work good matches, but he's stuck with the likes of Hornswoggle, and it's killing him.

Getting drafted to ECW would let him reinvent himself, and give him a chance to face some new guys, while getting real TV time. ECW is in need of new heels, because Archer, Ryder, Regal, and Kozlov just aren't cutting it right now.

Well, I hate to give such a short response, but with the report of ECW looking to close up shop, I don't think anyone is going to be transferred from Raw or Smackdown to ECW any time soon.

If anything, Raw and Smackdown need their rosters beefed up with talent. Not vice versa. If the company has a true interest of developing talent, then they need people in place to not only elevate ... but to provide for the elevation (ie jobbing for talent).

:lol: Im gonna make a long term prediction for ECW lets say a year. I see Legacy not breaking up but being split up @ the next wwe draft. Randy 2 SD, Ted on Raw, and Cody on ECW. It may sound unlikely but i could see a big brother vs brother fued between Goldust and Cody, and throw Dusty in the mix. I could also see Chris Masters as a huge possibility of being a champion on ECW or w/e the name of it will be. just 2 name a few more possibilities, Khali, Ziggler, R-Truth although already meantioned, MVP would be great for them. Hopefully the Abraham Washington show will stick around. Other than this all i could think of would be guys like jimmy wayne yang or slam master j ( i guess thats jesse's new name) and well FCW guys getting their starts.- BANG BANG

:lol: Im gonna make a long term prediction for ECW lets say a year. I see Legacy not breaking up but being split up @ the next wwe draft. Randy 2 SD, Ted on Raw, and Cody on ECW. It may sound unlikely but i could see a big brother vs brother fued between Goldust and Cody, and throw Dusty in the mix. I could also see Chris Masters as a huge possibility of being a champion on ECW or w/e the name of it will be. just 2 name a few more possibilities, Khali, Ziggler, R-Truth although already meantioned, MVP would be great for them. Hopefully the Abraham Washington show will stick around. Other than this all i could think of would be guys like jimmy wayne yang or slam master j ( i guess thats jesse's new name) and well FCW guys getting their starts.- BANG BANG

I wanna agree with this. MVP, cody, and goldust. alltogether. That is a great 3 way ecw matach. Maybe add tommy, shelton, and christioan all in a 6 way matach. TOMMY, SHELTON, CODY, GOLDUST, CHRISTIAN, AND MVP. Big six way matchup, and boom ECW goes up some

Well the whole point of Superstars originally was so the likes of Funaki, Hass, Burchill, festus could get some tv time i.e it was to be the same as Heat and Metal.

However Superstars seems to be pretty impressive still. So far me ECW could do wit having Shelton B, Christian, Jackson, Hurricane moved away to Raw or Smackdown and Mike Knox, Carlito, Primo, Masters, Haas, Brian Danielson, Santino marello put on there. keep the new up and coming talent on there and it would keep things interesting. ECW is short at the min, and it shows with the same matches coming up every couple of weeks. Not that i like him but what happened to Tyler Reks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back