Whats next for the ECW champion, Christian??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenMe

GenMe
Now that we all have seen the ECW champion defend his championship in the royal rumble,whats next for him? Will he be losing his ECW championship in the elimination chamber ppv? Or will he be losing his title during this next few weeks? Right now, Christian is the longest-reigning ECW champion in WWE history and as we all know that doesn't mean anything cause vince really doesn't care about ECW.

So my question is who will be the next number one contender for the ECW championship? Will jackson get a rematch? Or will a new wrestler form FCW arrive and steal Christians ECW spotlight?

Thank you very much hope to hear some good responses.....

well what i really think is that we will lose his ECW championship during this next 3 weeks maybe jackson will get a rematch and beat christian for the title and if vince ltes christian he will enter the elimination chamber and get a shoot of any of the titles or mayb make a short run with edge for those unified titles until mania gets around the corner then lose them and enter the MITB match and win the MITB

I think Christian will lose his title against Jackson either at Elimination Chamber or on an episode of ECW around that time. I imagine he will then enter MITB, but I don't think he'll win it. After that, I imagine he will be drafted off the brand and he will then begin a more consistent push on either of the other two brands. Hopefully whichever one Edge isn't on, so he can move forward and so that match can happen at a time when he is a true main eventer.

Damn!I really wanted Zeke to to win at the rumble.I know a lot of people hate him but i say give him a religious background/gimmick and his skills well carry him over.I think that Zach Ryder is next in line.Have a a giant royal rumble type match with 15 superstar(5 from each show) on ECW and the winner will receive a title shot.Have Ryder win and beat christan clean to make him look strong.Then Christan can go to smackdown and work with edge and Jericho.

Yeah Zack Ryder because I remember last time they wrestled they had a great match. They haven't really feuded yet or anything so Ryder should be the next contender for the ECW championship because for being a witness these to could have great matches. My second contender would be Hurricane Helms or The Hurricane just because I think they could have good matches too.

The way I see things, Christian's path can go either one of two ways. Because ECW is going down under on February 23 and WWE Elimination Chamber is on February 21, Christian will either lose the title at the PPV (presumably to Big Zeke) or the show will end with Christian as the last ECW Champion.

It depends on what the fate of the ECW Championship is once the NXT show begins. Since Dreamer is gone, I think that Christian will be the final ECW Champion if they decide to end the belt when ECW becomes NXT. No one else on the roster would make sense as a final ECW Champion, except maybe Ryder. I think Ryder will be the next contender if they have another one after Zeke. I don't see Zeke getting the belt. Assuming that the belt will be sticking around.... then I think Christian will keep feuding with Zeke or feud with Ryder. It would make a good Wrestlemania feud if they plan on having an ECW match there this year. Like Notorious718 said.... ECW is turning into NXT a few days after the Elimination Chamber PPV, so we might see the final ECW title match there. I see Christian being the last ECW Champion, going into a Wrestlemania feud after that and getting drafted to Raw or Smackdown because he more than deserves the promotion at this point.

Christian, WoW... I honestly thought he was gonna lose the title at the 'Rumble... I'm kinda upset he didn't even though Christian is my favourite wrestler. But yeah he's either gonna lose it or be the final champion. Either way the future at this point looks really bright for Christian, I see him as a future WWE World Champion by 2011. But for now I'd put him in MITB and than an upper mid card feud and eventualy have him work his ass into a world title.

He SHOULD lost the title at EC, against a newcomer, or keep the title until after the show has ended. HOWEVER, The RIGHT thing to do is to send him to RAW/Smackdown, give him a mid-card title shot, but ONLY after turning him heel, it only makes sense!

I think they are going to try to distance the NXT show from ECW so I dont see them simply renaming the ECW belt the NXT belt. My guess is Christian will keep it until the end of ECW, and be moved to a different brand. They will probably either just drop the belt altogether, keep it around as another mid-card title, possibly as kind of a new version of the hardcore belt, or what I feel is most likely, unify it with the mid-card belt on whatever brand he ends up on, then drop the reference to ECW all together. A slim possibly if he ends up on smackdown would be to keep the ECW title going until after wrestlemania, and if Edge ends up the World Champ have Edge Vs. Christian in an unification match and they would most likely just keep it still as the World belt. I imagine if they unify it with any other belt it would be like when they unified the Hardcore, European, and Intercontinental titles into each other then into the World Heavyweight Championship in late 2002. They "unified" them, then just quit referring to the lesser belt altogether after. Personally I would like to see Edge vs. Christian as they have so much history and work so well together, and they havent really had much interaction since Christian returned to WWE last year.

Considering ECW is going away, as well as its title, does a title switch really even MAKE sense at this point? What would be the point of Jackson winning the title, only for ECW to be tossed away as well as the title? A 2 week title reign for Jackson would of been pointless. Its best to just keep it on Christian for the remainder of the time of ECW's existance to keep his momentum going. A title switch this close to it being defunct is just pointless.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see Edge challenge Sheamus, and Christian come out and cost Sheamus the title at Wrestlemania. This would then transition Christian onto Raw and start a great feud with Sheamus (that would be a great feud for both of them, IMO), and Edge can stay involved for a little bit before a new challenger pops up (Randy Orton maybe?) Orton/Edge would be fresh IMO, as Edge hasnt been a face in forever.

They could also work in some tag matches into the mix. Edge/Christian vs. Sheamus/Orton. Everybody would LOVE to see Edge/Christian again and with Sheamus/Orton starting a little fued right now, its always fun seeing to hated enemies teaming up (The WWE seems to do this scenerio a lot). There are so many different angles they could go with in this scenerio, and Edge/Christian/Orton/Sheamus are all fresh with eachother storyline wise.

Thoughts?

For me, what would make sense the most would be to give the ECW champion a title shot of his choice. From a "realistic stand point" and feigning ignorance to industry news/insight, giving the champ a title shot would make sense since you have a champ who was just stripped of a title due of a pretty rare circumstance. The extinction of ECW wouldn't just happen without a semi bang. Just moving the ECW champ and stripping him without anything happening would be an FU to the dead brand that they could still use as a plot device.

Well personally I think Christian would be a great fit on Smackdown!

I can hint that after ECW is gone, Christian will sign with Teddy Long's team. And would fill the mid-card main event slot that is the injured John Morrison. But it has to fit right.

I can see Teddy Long introducting Christian back to Smackdown to the WWE universe in the ring. Then after a few words from Christian, Chris Jericho comes down to the ring. Jericho starts off with him & Christians past as vitamin C, world tag team champs, TLC on RAW ('02), ECT. And asks Christian to join him on his cursade once again! But Christian saids to Jericho that he's a hipicrite (or something to that nature?) and he needs a can of "asscream" from those rhashes that make him the man that he is.

And in the ring segment, Edge comes down to the ring to welcome back his former tag team partner. And reminds Christian ( and the WWE PG fans) about the good old days and talk about Chris Jericho's ego. There we see E & C reunite there old friendship. Christian backs up Edge against Jericho * possibly the hart dynasty? Until Wrestlemania 26.

During the world championship match between (champ) Chris Jerciho & Edge, Christian interferes turning heel again Edge, helping Y2J retain! Reuniting vitamin C!

Soon after wrestlemaina Edge & Chris Jericho would continue there fued until extreme rules, where Edge would finally be world champion again for the tenth time to go finish off Christian. Then Christian be in play for a MAJOR WORLD TITLE shot against Edge! Poetic Justice you would say huh?

But the bottomline. Christian is com'in to SMACKDOWN!

I think they WANT to give fans a happy ending for ECW, hence the "extreme rules" match between Jackson and Christian to end ECW.

Since theres no way ShowMiz is losing the titles to Yoshi and Golddust, I think its a safe bet that Christia will retain the ECW championship, and the last image of ECW we see will be Christian standing tall, still the ECW champion. Hes carried the brand almost single handedly for a year, he deserves it.

After that, and the dissolving of ECW along with its championship, I see Christian moving to Smackdown. I think his appearance on Raw was just a tease and a way to get Sheamus over more as a monster heel. Anyway, I see him qualifying for, and winning, the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania.

After that, i think we'll see a heel turn. Hell, he may even cash the case in on Edge when(just my opinion) he wins his 10th WHC at WM. Then I think we see an Edge-Christian feud. Whats next for Christian? Thats my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back