Which PPV name will return?

sharpsh00ter23

Occasional Pre-Show
I know the heading sounds a little off, but the point of this thread is to ask a couple of questions?

Which newly named PPV will be the first to change its name by next year? Will it revert back to the original, or will it be given an entire new moniker altogether? For those who are unaware of the PPV name changes that have occurred this year, the following are:

No Mercy - Hell in a Cell/Bragging Rights
Unforgiven - Breaking Point
Armageddon - TLC

I just wanted to know what the IWC thought?

To be honest, I think They all will be there for awhile unfortunately. The WWE Loves these so called wattered down gimmick matches. We all know they are not the same as they used to be and the regular "fan" will go nuts for them. So they feel, in my opinion, that if they make a PPV out of these matcghes then the regular "fan" will swarm to them like crazy soi sadly I will say they all will be here for awhile.

But if I had to chose one that they will probably let go, I think they would let go Bragging Rights. I know it is Raw vs. Smackdown but they have seemed to shy away from it, plus isn't it like 2 weeks after Hell in a Cell. So alot of people will choose to either buy one or the other and liek I said earlier, regular fans loves Gimmick matches. I know Bragging Rights is giving a 60 minute Iron man match but it has John Cena in it :banghead:.... I won't get into that.... That is my answer. I am picking Bragging Rights to get the chop.

Bragging Rights is the most likely to be renamed, eliminated and/or made over. The others are much easier to sell, since are self-explanatory or can be explained almost instantly. TLC & HIAC are name brand match-types. If the fall PPVs do well, I wouldn't be surprised to see "Elimination Chamber" replace "No Way Out". Breaking Point? "It's all Submission matches." Casual fan understands, and "gets" the breaking point/tapping out connection.

Bragging Rights? "Um, the Smackdown wrestlers are going to face the Raw wrestlers after they win their regular matches, I think. But Cena vs Orton is a 60-minute Iron Man match, so he can't wrestle again after that, so I'm not sure. Maybe that's after the Bragging Rights match? We'll have to see what happens."

Wow, can I pre-order?

Seriously, the SD vs Raw idea isn't bad. For me, I would hope they gave some reason besides "Yay Red! Yay Blue!" for rivals to cooperate. (It doesn't have to be complicated. A huge pile of cash would be fine. Just give me a reason that Punk and Jeff Hardy, say, stop hating each other long enough to win a Survivor Series match, I mean, an Interbrand Brawl. That also allows for the Surprising Ending where one (heel or heel turning) wrestler changes teams and brands for a Really Big pile of money.)

Ever since InVasion, I've never really bought the my company/brand vs yours as a serious reason for wrestlers who hate each other to suddenly get along, but I'm sure that it could work if you book it right. I loved the ECW parts of InVasion, but that was because the ECW parts had an easily booked theme--we're all Extreme rebels and we're back together. I never bought the WWF vs. WCW "they're taking our jobs" part of it, since it was obvious to me that Booker and DDP weren't threats to, say, Jericho or Benoit's jobs, guys on the same level as them. Those guys would stay and the Crash Hollys and Scott 2 Hotty's would get the axe.

Bragging Rights seems most likely to be renamed and repackaged. It's just to similar to Survivor Series, although the method for making the teams is pretty interesting. I hope HIAC gets renamed, or that there is only one or two HIAC matches. TLC....I like TLC matches, but I'm not sure how exciting you can make 2 or 3 of them in one night. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm picking Bragging Rights

Let's see what the buy rate says, but HiaC was a disaster of a PPV, I can't think of anything positive to say about the main matches, so most likely AND hopefully, they'll cut that stinker away.

I just WISH Vince would get a grip and bring back WARGAMES!

sharpsh00ter23 is actually wrong.

The ppvs that changed name this year were:
Extreme Rules from One Night Stand
The Bash from The Great American Bash
Breaking Point from Unforgiven (Changed Concept)
Hell in a Cell from No Mercy (Changed Concept)
Bragging Rights from Cyber Sunday (Changed Concept)
TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs from Armageddon (Changed Concept)

Also in 2010, Elimination Chamber from No Way Out

I think they should drop the gimmick PPV scheme altogether. Lets face it, who really cares about the name of the event and the style of match if the match is cr*p anyway.

Lets see......
One Night Stand was changed as it is similar to the sexual reference. That's O.K if you consider the WWE PG aspect. Still don't like Extreme Rules but that won't go as it is popular.
The Bash was just a small change to help WWE Overseas.
Breaking Point was a submission PPV. I personally enjoyed it but not everyone would agree. However, this is not the WWE's biggest problem.
Hell in a Cell was a dreadful PPV. The HiaC for every match didn't work especially considering the blood in past cell matches and the fact there wasn't any in the whole PPV or little of it if any.
As for Bragging Rights, TLC and The Elimination Chamber, well, we will see when they take place.......

For now, I can see the HIAC ppv going back to being No Mercy, or changed into something else. It was reported before the event that creative and some talent weren't happy with the ppv at all since they couldn't use blood and the number of them limited the creativity that could go into each one. I doubt they'd want to write themselves into a corner like that again, so I see that ppv being scrapped; hopefully, anyway.

I'd like to see all the original names return. It would be better to have the old name and the main event just be a certain type of match. The ppv should be names after the match type. It's just too childish and even for the pg rating it's dumb. Hell in a Cell huh and Vince wants to keep it pg? You don't incorporate the word hell no matter what in my opinion at least. I think the original names will be back, because I'm sure there were many more buys even with the name change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back