Which is Better? PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360

Which is Better? PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360

• PS3

• Wii

• Xbox 360

Results are only viewable after voting.
Five games in two years. One's a God Of War rip-off, one's a gimmick, one's something I've never even heard of, two are sequels, one of a franchise that, with one exception, has always been loyal to Sony. What a list. The 360's list of existing exclusives pisses on this, never mind the upcoming ones. Halo 3, Project Gotham, Fable 2, Bioshock, Splinter Cell. Plus, there's rumours of MGS4 going the way of Resi 5, DMC 4, Virtua Fighter, the list goes on. Plus, it has rumble and no dodgy motion control which is completely useless.

Funny you say two sequals when 4 of yours are sequals..And most of the rest are not exclusives as they are for the PC as well. Fable 2, Bioshock, Splinter Cell and soon Halo 3 are all PC...The first 2 Halos went PC. It can easily be said that Bioshock is a Halo rip off and Fable 2 is Elder Scrolls wannabe. Project Gotham was terrible series. And the rumors about MGS are false as Konami has said it won't go 360 but their are rumors of Gears Of War going PS3....But it's PC as well so who cares. :) The PS3 didn't lose as many titles as you think and is getting more exclusives as we speak.

There are more than 5, I just stated a few. Just because you never heard of LA Noire doesn't make it bad, in fact it looks awesome! And which is an so called God Of War ripoff? Also MGS is a great series and makes great games, so it doesn;t matter about loyalty and FF is always good.

Maybe Fable 2 is similar to Oblivion in some senses, as it's a free-roaming RPG, but Bioshock is nothing like Halo, in fact, it's more like The Darkness meets Oblivion in the 1950's than anything. AND it's getting rave reviews from all over the place. As for PC? What sort of saddo sits at his PC playing videogames? Seriously? Besides, the PC isn't a console. Heavenly Sword is the "God Of War rip-off". God Of War I and II are modern classics, HS looks like basically the same thing but "prettier". I'm not anti-Sony, nor am I particularly anti-PS3, it's just that I don't see any significant advantages of it. If you ask me, the best console at the moment is the Playstation 2. Best next-gen is the 360, although, obviously, it's not all been said and done so PS3 could make a massive comeback.

Funny you say two sequals when 4 of yours are sequals..And most of the rest are not exclusives as they are for the PC as well. Fable 2, Bioshock, Splinter Cell and soon Halo 3 are all PC...The first 2 Halos went PC. It can easily be said that Bioshock is a Halo rip off and Fable 2 is Elder Scrolls wannabe. Project Gotham was terrible series. And the rumors about MGS are false as Konami has said it won't go 360 but their are rumors of Gears Of War going PS3....But it's PC as well so who cares. :).

Sorry but Gears of War is a Microsoft made title, there is no way in hell it is going to be on PS3 unless Sony were to somehow purchase Microsoft.

Bioshock alone is worth buying a 360. This game has amazing graphcis and set a tone and atmosphere like no game I have ever seen.

The reason these games are PC is because Microsoft has something called Windows (maybe you've heard of this) so why wouldn't they put these awsome games on both formats?

While the Wii and Xbox are great, I am going to have to go with Playstation 3. I received the PS3 last year for christmas, and my close cousin got a 360. I played both of them, and I thought the game play on the PS3 was a little bit better. Wii would probably come in 3rd just because of the cartoon graphics.

While the Wii and Xbox are great, I am going to have to go with Playstation 3. I received the PS3 last year for christmas, and my close cousin got a 360. I played both of them, and I thought the game play on the PS3 was a little bit better. Wii would probably come in 3rd just because of the cartoon graphics.

I'd say the PS3 has the worst gameplay. The movement control feels like something shoehorned in at the last second, otherwise it would simply just be a more expensive 360. In addition to this, the 360 has a much longer list of games and a much longer list of decent exclusives. The only real heavy-hitter that PS3 has left is Metal Gear Solid 4 and there are even rumours of that on the 360. Ratchet and Clank should be good, yea, but it's not nearly as popular as Metal Gear, and it does look quite same old, same old. There's only so far you can improve cartoonish graphics.

Then again, I played the Wii some more recently and - although it probably doesn't bother seasoned players - the controls are ridiculously fiddly, and some of the games just ridiculous. Cooking Mama? All the fun of cooking, none of the fun of eating food.

I've got a PS3 & Wii. But I couldn't really give a definative answer as to which is the best. I've got plenty of games for the Wii but that's more for my daughter. I enjoy playing on it but I can't see me using it at all in a year or so.

As for the PS3 I've had it since they were launched in the UK. But I only started using it last week when I bought Pro Evo 2008. None of the launch titles looked any good to me. Now PES is great. But I can't say the gameplay is any different than a PS2, It could be the same console. Maybe it's the wrong sort of game to be making a comparison with. I'm sure SvsR08 will give me a better idea of whet the gameplay is like.

I'd go with the 360 because they have the best games out right now and the online games are good. The PS3 would be the best if they had better games out, and the Wii's controller is just garbage, but Super Smash Bros. Brawl for it is gonna be awesome.

Well I own a Playstation 3, and have plans on purchasing an Xbox 360, and have NO plans on buying a Wii.

If your looking for graphics, then PS3 wins easily. Right now PS3 & 360 seem to have the same graphics, but in a few years PS3 will defiantly look better than a 360. Wii is a definite NO for this one.

If your looking for gameplay, then you must go for a Wii. Motion Sensing is so much fun. 360 and PS3 are near identical in gameplay.

For games than defiantly an Xbox 360. Tons of killer exclusives. PS3 has a few good games, but no where near as much as 360, but then again 360 has been out longer. Wii has some pretty good games, but they don’t appeal to my fanbase.

For Online, then defiantly a 360. Achievements is awesome. But don’t doubt PS3, Home looks pretty fun. Wii finishes dead last on this category.

So who’s better, really depends on what you prefer. Graphics, Online, Gameplay, Games it’s your choice. Each console has their high and low points.

But for me I defiantly prefer PS3. Im just more of a fan of Sony Game Franchises. I can’t wait for MGS4, Killzone 2, and Haze. 360 finishes a close second, the only thing I have against the 360 is the unreliability of the console. I don’t like the Wii very much. I don’t like the direction Nintendo is going. Seems to casual gaming.

I have very little experience with the 360 or the PS3, but I once owned a Wii. And although I will admit that the Wii is really fun, it's not the best system. However, I do feel that one of the most important qualitys of a system is the Games it releases, and with Super Smash bros Brawl coming out early febuary, the Wiis are gonna fly off the shelves in the next coming months, just for that game. It's the cheapest of the systems, and SSMB is gonna be the best Video Game Ever. period.

Well I own a Playstation 3, and have plans on purchasing an Xbox 360, and have NO plans on buying a Wii.

I used to think similarly to you. However, I have a 360 and it's basically got all the games that the PS3 has and more (undisputedly) and better (in my opinion) exclusives. I mean, really, I've played Lair and Heavenly Sword a lot. They both sucked. In my opinion at least. And on Metacritic, etc.

If your looking for graphics, then PS3 wins easily. Right now PS3 & 360 seem to have the same graphics, but in a few years PS3 will defiantly look better than a 360. Wii is a definite NO for this one.

How does the PS3 win easily then? Besides, the PS3 graphics engine has been capped to conserve memory so it can officially only produce graphics slightly better than the 360's if it works really hard. I'm also yet to see a game on the PS3 that looks as good as Gears Of War.

If your looking for gameplay, then you must go for a Wii. Motion Sensing is so much fun. 360 and PS3 are near identical in gameplay.

I prefer a pure approach. Either you're going to use your pad or you're going to use motion control. There shouldn't be any confused middle ground like that found on the PS3.

For games than defiantly an Xbox 360. Tons of killer exclusives. PS3 has a few good games, but no where near as much as 360, but then again 360 has been out longer. Wii has some pretty good games, but they don’t appeal to my fanbase.

Thanks. However, I don't buy this whole "it's been out longer" argument. It either has good games or it doesn't, regardless of how long it is after launch.

I used to think similarly to you. However, I have a 360 and it's basically got all the games that the PS3 has and more (undisputedly) and better (in my opinion) exclusives. I mean, really, I've played Lair and Heavenly Sword a lot. They both sucked. In my opinion at least. And on Metacritic, etc.

How does the PS3 win easily then? Besides, the PS3 graphics engine has been capped to conserve memory so it can officially only produce graphics slightly better than the 360's if it works really hard. I'm also yet to see a game on the PS3 that looks as good as Gears Of War.

I prefer a pure approach. Either you're going to use your pad or you're going to use motion control. There shouldn't be any confused middle ground like that found on the PS3.

Thanks. However, I don't buy this whole "it's been out longer" argument. It either has good games or it doesn't, regardless of how long it is after launch.

Well said Sam. The 360 is shaping up to be the best console ever. It has so many exclusive games that kick ass. I'm not a PS3 hater, but I kind of have a grudge with Sony ever since my brothers ps2 crapped out on him and their customer service reps told him he's screwed. With that said the only game on ps3 I would want is Metal Gear Solid 4, I love those games. Throwing that out, there is not one ps3 exclusive that looks like it will top Gears of War (if you say Resistence Fall of Man, you're dumb).

Also, most of the people who support ps3 say, the graphics are better. Really? Show me one multi platform game that looks better on the ps3. Whenever someone tells that to a Sony fan they come back with "it has better potential." Right now, that means nothing.

The 360 is so awesome that when mine broke down, I wasn't even that pissed about it breaking, I was just thinking get me my console back. Which is free of charge by the way.

360 hands down. NOt only is it less expenive than the ps3. The graphics are amazing, tons of games which is always nice. The only thing that i am missing is HD, i bet it would be frigging amazing on hD...

I would have to say 360. Just b/c their seems to be more games than PS3 & i enjoy the graphics. The Wi is fun, but gets really old quickly, but yeah i'd say 360. Also enjoyed playing xbox live, pretty cool. Also here in Canada the games are cheaper than ps3.

the wii is first place, opinions dont matter

lol i got a spam point for this?

this is probably the only post that makes sense, the votes are going to be the reversal of sales, some 360 fan gave me a spam point for this post because he knows it.

wii will sell the most, ps3 will keep dropping their price and bluray will become popular the same how ps1 and ps2 is popular but still cant pass the wii because of how much all ages of the family loves it and the 360 stays at last because they only get the teenager crowd.

how was this post a spam point i wonder, just some biased mod i suppose, if i get another spam point for just editting post for posting my opinion like you asked me too then i just dont know how reliable mods are anymore.

I was always a PS dude.... My fav games include Resident evil (all of them) and my fav ever... TEKKEN!. I am a tekken master!jk.... Problem is, I own a 360 and the only fighting games are "DOA 4" which is cool, but it sucks and "Virtua Fighter 5" which is really cool but it also sucks cause it's not tekken.

I am that loser that will buy the PS3 just for TEKKEN 6.......It is my heroin

Tekken is an awful beat-um-up as of late. What felt like a fluid, seamless fighting experience in Tag just felt like a clunky, unresponsive piece of crap in 4 and 5. I have no desire to see it in the next gen. Then again, Dead Or Alive has never felt natural to me either.

The greatest fighting game, in my opinion, is multi-platform - Soul Calibur 4. That's what I call a complete fighting experience. Sadly, the Wii only gets Soul Calibur Legends.

the wii is first place, opinions dont matter

I couldn't disagree more.

Opinions totally matter, especially in a console "war" like this one. Look at the Wii, ps3, and 360 and tell me you can see any of those systems failing. No matter who is in first place the other two will still make games and keep plugging along. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have hardcore followers who have already bought the systems and will continue to support the first party games.

This will not be like when the Sega Saturn failed after a few months and owners were stuck with a system that had no new games. Whatever system you own will do fine. I just prefer the 360 because when I look at the release list for the next year, it has far better games. That mixed with my bad Sony experience made Microsoft the easy choice.

I couldn't disagree more.

Opinions totally matter, especially in a console "war" like this one. Look at the Wii, ps3, and 360 and tell me you can see any of those systems failing. No matter who is in first place the other two will still make games and keep plugging along. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have hardcore followers who have already bought the systems and will continue to support the first party games.

This will not be like when the Sega Saturn failed after a few months and owners were stuck with a system that had no new games. Whatever system you own will do fine. I just prefer the 360 because when I look at the release list for the next year, it has far better games. That mixed with my bad Sony experience made Microsoft the easy choice.

lol i couldnt disagree more either.

the only one making a profit from this is the nintendo wii.

microsoft wants popularity.
and sony was making a loss at $600 per console and now they dropped to $400 per.

microsoft and sony both make a loss and wii makes a profit, so it depends on what you think failing is but i happen to think of failing as not making a profit.

still disagree?
open up a fruit shop and sell way under what its worth, it doesnt matter if your rich or poor, if your not making a profit i think that would be failing, but thats still me.

lol i couldnt disagree more either.

the only one making a profit from this is the nintendo wii.

microsoft wants popularity.
and sony was making a loss at $600 per console and now they dropped to $400 per.

microsoft and sony both make a loss and wii makes a profit, so it depends on what you think failing is but i happen to think of failing as not making a profit.

still disagree?
open up a fruit shop and sell way under what its worth, it doesnt matter if your rich or poor, if your not making a profit i think that would be failing, but thats still me.

Most systems don't make a profit in their first two years. The Wii is the exception because it is so cheap to make. However, this may hurt in the long run as the system may be left in the dust with its low level graphics.

I still don't see any of these systems failing.

Most systems don't make a profit in their first two years. The Wii is the exception because it is so cheap to make. However, this may hurt in the long run as the system may be left in the dust with its low level graphics.

I still don't see any of these systems failing.

yeah because obviously it isnt different than before.

the wii is for all ages, the only one for people under 13 and above 30 and inbetween that.

ps3 is only 13-30
360 is 13-30 age groups

wii fit will be for fat people
wii sports for people with lives
ps3 will have blu ray and lower price than 360 soon.

360 will be last this generation, i can bet any of you $500 through paypal on that one, all the halo fans bought their 360s before halo 3 came out, it wont even hit 20million in sales, ps3 will catch up in about 4 years and pass the 360while everyone with a life and everyone whos fat and everyone whos an old person or a kid will have a wii.

I've got the 360 and the Wii. Both are good in their own ways. The 360 is traditional and so we're all used to it's style. The Wii is new and it's innovative and thats what is makig it such a draw. Hell, this system saved Nintendo which was on the brink of extinction. The PS3, it's graphics are alright but you get the same thing playing the 360 in HD. The PS3 serves as a cheap blu-ray player but that's not why game players by video game systems. And the PS3 hasn't had any kind of flagship video game. They hoped Lair would be it but that bombed. XBox has had Halo and the Wii has Metroid, Zelda and Mario. The trademarks that the PS2 helped make a name of are still enjoyed on the PS2. So right now, Sony's hopes of the PS3 being the next big thing are shot because the system is not at the top of the competition and worse yet, it's getting beat by microsoft and nintendo.

To be fair, as flagship titles go, Ratchet and Clank and Metal Gear Solid 4 aren't bad. However, Ratchet and Clank, as much as I used to love it, seems like the same old stuff all over again, just in graphics which the Wii is equaling with Super Mario Galaxy.

The Wii is very good, but a lot of the games just aren't very well thought through and so end up a mess, or at least feeling messy. So far, the best games have been, precictably, first party games and will continue to be for the forseeable future. I'm not complaining, as Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are or look to be great games. As long as they don't make me drive with the Wii remote.

BBC3, please stop making predictions which even a market genius would find difficult to make. Besides, in four years time (when the PS3 will catch up, apparently), we'll be preparing for a new generation and the hottest days of this "war" will be gone. Microsoft make a small profit on its consoles. Why? Low production values. Doesn't change the fact that the games catalogue is the best on any console. The PS3 exclusives list is pitiful right now. Obviously, I can't look into the future but a poor start isn't a sign for a strong future, is it? As far as flagship titles go, Halo 3, Gears Of War, Project Gotham Racing, Bioshock and Mass Effect are pretty damn fine.

I'll do a short head-to-head chart of which system has what:
(1st = 3 points, 2nd = 1 point, 3rd = 0 points)

1. Top game title:
1st = Wii with Mario (Points = 3)
2nd = Xbox 360 with Halo 2,3 (Points = 1)
3rd = PlayStation 3 with Heavenly Sword (Points = 0)

2. Graphics:
1st = Xbox 360 (Points = 4)
2nd = PlayStation 3 (Points = 1)
3rd = Wii (Points = 3)

3. Look:
1st = PlayStation 3 (Points = 4)
2nd = Wii (Points = 4)
3rd = Xbox 360 (Points = 4)

So overall all the systems together tie in 4 a piece. I personally own a Xbox 360, so my pick goes there, but I never gave the other two a try that's why I did this chart, so it turns they are all even. But to show a clear winner I will do a bonus round, with the topic being sales across the world. Here are the results:

1st: Xbox 360 with 13.4 million units sold (Points = 7)
2nd: Wii with 13.2 million units sold (Points = 5)
3rd: PlayStation 3 with 5.6 million units sold (Points = 4)

That means that overall the best system out there is the Xbox 360, then the Wii, and finally the PlayStation 3. Remeber this is just my opinion, but the facts are true.

I'll go with Agrex's system and show you my point of view:

1. Top Game Title
1. Xbox 360: Bioshock (3 Points)
2. Wii: Super Mario Galaxy (1 points)
3. Playstation 3: Ratchet and Clank: Tools Of Destruction (0 Points)

2. Graphics:
1. Xbox 360 (6 Points)
2. PlayStation 3 (1 Points)
3. Wii (1 Points)

3. Games Catalogue
1. Xbox 360 (9 Points)
2. Wii (2 Points)
3. Playstation 3 (1 Points)

People may say I'm biased, but I wouldn't say I am. Of course, I can't claim to be completely unbiased, but I'm a 360 fan because the 360 is good, and I;m not saying the 360 is good because I'm a 360 fan. To be honest, I think my three categories are the most significant, and the 360 excels in each, at least for now. The Wii wins 2nd best catalogue because, simply, it isn't the 360's but with about half the games, like the PS3's is.

I voted for the Wii, its just so much fun to use. I know the XBOX 360 and the PS3 are far superior when it comes to gaming, but they can't compete with the fun factor of the Wii

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back