Where would they be now: Chris Benoit.

Y2Jericho

GORE! GORE! GORE!
In 2007 the world lost a fine in-ring performer and all round great guy, Chris Benoit, leaving us not only filled with sadness, but perhaps (well, in my case atleast) a sense of wonder to where Benoit would've ended up in the future. Three years on I still carry this concept with me, and have tossed a few ideas around in my head and come up with what I THINK would've happened:

As we know thus far, Benoit was infact scheduled to win the ECW Championship the night the incident occured, so immediantly we know he would've been one of (if not THE) the main eventers on ECW and that's about it. Though of the formerly three brands, which right from the beginning I knew ECW would be the weakest, and I was proven right not only by it's eventual closer early this year but also by the majority of the roster being superstars that had little to no place elsewhere (some exclusions apply, like CM Punk), I actually believed the inclusion of Benoit would've brought ECW up to the standard set by RAW and SmackDown!

I think Benoit would've been drafted to RAW the following year and have a run for the WWE title, which I could see him both winning and not winning. I think he would've been place into a tag team with Chris Jericho at some stage, perhaps even winning the Tag-Team titles. One of my reasons for thinking this is that their finishers match up in a way like no others, take these scenarios:
Jericho's Codebreaker into Benoit's Flying Headbutt.
Jericho's Codebreaker (would have to be the illegal man) into Benoit's Crossface.
A simultainious Crossface and Walls of Jericho (not an in-ring move, but perhaps to send a message to someone in a segment etc...)
Simultainious Diving Headbutt and Lionsault combo.
Diving Headbutt followed by Walls of Jericho.
(I've put way too much thought into that)

Benoit would probably have been to drafted to SmackDown again eventually, because he was a great balancing star back when he wrestled on there (he was my primary reason for watching SmackDown in 2006).

Today, I imagine Benoit in the World Title picture. I think he would've fueded with Jack Swagger during Swagger's run, which would've been a great watch, (I have an image of Benoit countering Swagger's Ankle Lock into a Crossface swimming around in my head).

I don't think Benoit would've made the move to TNA... I have a feeling he would've had a very secure position in the WWE.

Where do YOU think Benoit would've ended up in his career, and where do you think he would be today?

As much as I hate what Benoit did in his final hours here on Earth, I still believe him to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest technical stars of all time. Would have been great to see him have matches with; Punk, Swagger, Daniel Bryan (a man can dream!) and of course many others.
Today I would probably see Benoit either in the tag team division or floating around the mid card/ upper mid card area as he was incredibly versatile. I could also see him as a coach on one of the seasons of nXt. His incredible passion filled matches would be much welcomed in 2010.

Right Now? Probably Retired or only semi-active (working an Undertaker-esque schedule) he would have bee 43 this year and considering he had already been wrestling for 25 odd years I couldnt see him being fully active. However before he had retired he would have had a run with the ECW belt and acted in a role similar to Christian last year as the face of the brand. After that he probably would have been drafted to SD where he would have been given one last WCH run (similar to Kanes current one) and a fued with Taker. For his retirement I would imagine he would have been given the WM send off, likely at 25 considering 24 was Flairs night maybe in a match with dunno actually but it would have been a semi-main event.

By the time of his death, he was a broken machine both mentally and physically. The guy needed professional help, and never got it. His body was telling him it was time to give it up but he refused. By this time, he would be either still gutting it out in the ring, or perhaps home with a career-ending injury. He could have had on last hurrah with a World title. I dont think he had much left ahead of him in 2007 and he knew that.

Where would he be? Hmm. That's an odd question seeing as it never can be answered. He was destined to do what he did. I can't say hes innocent because he willfully did it but I can't say hes guilty because I don't know how the steroids affected him. So there's really no "what if" situation. Its pretty obvious where he'd be if he was still alive. He'd just retire. And I find it funny how you give a long admonishment about how great the guy was when all he did was wrestle. He didn't do anything great, he just wrestled. He's always gonna be remember for what he did and he is still a killer regardless of how you want to put it. Its just not meant for us to know "what if". This thread is meaningless.

I Have To Agree With A Couple Of People That He'd Be Like Undertaker .
One Last Story Line .
One Last Title Shot.
One Last Wrestlemania .

Then He Might Of Became A Talent Spotter At The Indpendents .For Wwe
He Even Might Of Became A Normal Person .

And Btw I Think You Shud Do More Of These Threads . :)

On Eddie , Owen , Von Erics . ;)

Benoit would be either an agent now or, at best, a mid-card guy used like Mark Henry, not title material but known enough to be able to give the talent the bump up towards the main event.

He would be no-where near a world title or even in the hunt for one (ECW title never counted IMO). He was blander then bland and his title reign was a flop beyond belief because he couldn't carry the promo side of things. He'd have a job, no question, but it'd be more backstage then on-screen.

Oh, and, knowing what he did (however his state of mind) really seems to take away that "great guy" idea. Raoul Moat was supposedly a "great guy" he still went nutty and killed people for no reason and, thus, he is scum, pure and simple, scum.

"stone_cold_randy_orton" it had nothing to do with steroids, at all. It was brain damage, NOT steroids.

I think Benoit would likely be on smackdown, maybe wrestling Swagger ...actually not yet.. probably wrestling near the main event but not in it.

Holy shit how many times does this post need to go up?? I have been reading the forums here at wrestlezone for a while and I see this damn post or one just like it every few months. Who really cares where Benoit would be the fact is he was a monster who MURDERED his young son and wife. I loved what Benoit did in the ring, he was one of the best but how his life ended erased all of it.
@TheGore you sir are perhaps one of the dumbest people I have ever heard of "an all round great guy" so you think brutally murdering a young child makes him an all round great guy? You are a very sick person.
No more Where would Chris Benoit be now posts...hell I don't know why the moderator doesn't classify this as spam already.

Holy shit how many times does this post need to go up?? I have been reading the forums here at wrestlezone for a while and I see this damn post or one just like it every few months. Who really cares where Benoit would be the fact is he was a monster who MURDERED his young son and wife. I loved what Benoit did in the ring, he was one of the best but how his life ended erased all of it.
@TheGore you sir are perhaps one of the dumbest people I have ever heard of "an all round great guy" so you think brutally murdering a young child makes him an all round great guy? You are a very sick person.
No more Where would Chris Benoit be now posts...hell I don't know why the moderator doesn't classify this as spam already.

First off, even my colleagues who have known me on a personal level for years have said that I am an "all around great guy". As a fan what do you know? My brain autopsy reported that at the end stages of my life, I had the calcified brain matter of an 80 year old with Alzheimers. If a real life senile 80 year old with that disease committed the same crime, would you be this angry at him? In the court of law the psychiatrically incompetent are not held at the same regard as "normal" people. If I was a alive I probably would have been committed to a mental institution somewhere but NOT jail.

By the way, the case was officially closed by the police as inconclusive due to lack of sufficient evidence. Although what you believe may have been a probable outcome, you only believe it because the media tells you to. To this day there are many of my fans which believe the truth of what really happened isnt out there yet. The same goes for many of my colleagues who have known me day in and day out for countless years who know me better than anyone. They all believe I am innocent.

Before I get warned for "spamming" I will answer the question at hand:

I was set to win the ECW title. At this point in my career, I was obviously winding down and all. I would like to have eventually been given one more shot at the world title and a captivating story line with it. I have done alot for this business because I love with without a shadow of a doubt. I don't think it would be a long title run but just one more for the fans who have stuck with me for the years. And the main feud during the run I think would have been against an up and comer because everyone knows I love working with new talent to give them the "rub" so to say. I could have retired peacefully after that.

Benoit would have retired in 08... his problems would have become knowledge before then... I think he would have gotten the send off Flair did that year, or rather they would have shared it... The best 2 workers of a generation against each other in their final match and I'd bet it would have been 60 minute Iron Man match... 2-2 for falls with Benoit getting the final overtime win with the Headbutt...

At the end of the day, what happened did... Benoit's problems would have leaked out eventually had he stayed and Vince would have likely pensioned him off to keep a lid on it... the Brain Damage theory is the most plausibe, as someone who has had just 2 major concussions can attest to... He got one every night for 25 years... no wonder he was screwed up...

First off, even my colleagues who have known me on a personal level for years have said that I am an "all around great guy". As a fan what do you know? My brain autopsy reported that at the end stages of my life, I had the calcified brain matter of an 80 year old with Alzheimers. If a real life senile 80 year old with that disease committed the same crime, would you be this angry at him? In the court of law the psychiatrically incompetent are not held at the same regard as "normal" people. If I was a alive I probably would have been committed to a mental institution somewhere but NOT jail.

By the way, the case was officially closed by the police as inconclusive due to lack of sufficient evidence. Although what you believe may have been a probable outcome, you only believe it because the media tells you to. To this day there are many of my fans which believe the truth of what really happened isnt out there yet. The same goes for many of my colleagues who have known me day in and day out for countless years who know me better than anyone. They all believe I am innocent.

I was set to win the ECW title. At this point in my career, I was obviously winding down and all. I would like to have eventually been given one more shot at the world title and a captivating story line with it. I have done alot for this business because I love with without a shadow of a doubt. I don't think it would be a long title run but just one more for the fans who have stuck with me for the years. And the main feud during the run I think would have been against an up and comer because everyone knows I love working with new talent to give them the "rub" so to say. I could have retired peacefully after that.

Dude you really need help. You have to be the most disturbed person I've ever seen. I'm surprised this thread is still up and not taken down for duplicate topics. I see this topic every couple weeks or so. Benoit had something seriously wrong with him there's no doubt about that. Something tragic was bound to happen. If he hadn't killed his family something else would have happened.

He would probably be in a mental hospital or some kind of home. If his brain was as bad as they say he damn sure wouldn't be wrestling now.

wow dude really...you are fucking disturbed. To answer your question if a senile 80 year old committed the murder of a young child I would indeed feel the same way. and to be honest you should still be given an infraction for spamming because wow you think you are the "ghost of benoit". In closing I am more than sure if you were to ask those close personal friends today if you were an all round good guy I am sure they would say no, you killed a baby...a child...your child...in cold blood...you are a monster that hopefully burns in hell for eternity.

I think he would've fueded with most of the roster on ECW before dropping the title to Punk, probably before going back to Smackdown and then maybe Raw at a future time before retiring or wrestling on a very limited schedule up until now.

wow dude really...you are fucking disturbed. To answer your question if a senile 80 year old committed the murder of a young child I would indeed feel the same way. and to be honest you should still be given an infraction for spamming because wow you think you are the "ghost of benoit". In closing I am more than sure if you were to ask those close personal friends today if you were an all round good guy I am sure they would say no, you killed a baby...a child...your child...in cold blood...you are a monster that hopefully burns in hell for eternity.

Okay first of all i am sick and tired of people saying i hope he burns in hell alright lets clarify here. You and no human on earth is not GOD okay you can't make a judgement like that alright. The Big Man Upstairs makes the final desion on where you go. If you sorry for the sin's you committed on Earth and are truly sorry, then God will forgive you. Also if you can not forgive a man for what he has done, then God will not forgive you and that is a quote from the bible okay people

Secondly God is all forgiving and i know that people are going to repost and say all he commited an unforgiveable sin, God is ALL-FOR-GIVE-ING and i really don't want to judge benoit for what he did one night then his whole career. Also if you can not forgive a man and/or woman for what he/she has done, then God will not forgive you and that is a quote from the bible. Okay lets face it Beniot gave us his blood, sweat, and tears for every fan that came to a show. I am always going to remember him as a crippler that broke Sabu's neck, The Man who won the WCW world title one night and then the next week jump ship, The man who stole the show at wrestle mania 20. That is the Chris Beniot i will always remember about Chris not the murder or the monster that everybody else has been saying

Finally i truly believe that Beniot wasn't in the right frame of mind like everybody said before the human skull can't take the kind of punishment that benoit was doing for 25 plus years. Also you do have to count in fact of the steroids okay now there is a thing called roid-rage it doesn't happen from taking to many stairoids okay when you take stareroids for many years your testes will shrink and stop producing testosterone thus the docotor that gave you the stareroids will have to give you some testosterone meds to counter act what the stareroids did and you basicly go there pubertity again where you can snap on anybody. Okay so if Benoit was in the right mind frame i truly don't believe he would have done those deeds he did, if you watch the memorial show Vince had for him and Benoit's friends were talking about him they said he was and i quote " An all round great guy, he was good to his son and loved him". Now put yourself he his frame how he would have felt when he finally got back into his right mindset and realized what he had done, everybody would do 1 of two things, kill yourself over what you did because your family just died or you would call the police and go through all the trial stuff and get halled off to an insane aslym.

Now to answer the question so i don't get in trouble for spamming I truly belive that Beniot would be on NXT as a coach and would have been a multi-time world champ. Also if he would have been retired by 2009 I could see him showing up at TNA's Hardcore Justice for there ECW reunion doing a diving headbutt and showing why ECW was truly great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back