Chris Benoit's last feud?

#hamler

That's all folks.
As some of you remember, I did an "Eddie Guerrero's last feud" earlier today. So since it got a pretty good response, I think I'll start a series. This edition, Chris Benoit.

I'm sure each and everyone of us remembers that tragic day in 2007 when we first heard of the Benoit family tragedy. But we are not here to discuss how much of a dick the guy was. We all have to agree, inside of the ring, they guy was amazing. One of the most agressive men in the history of the WWE. Benoit, who would've turned 43 last May 21st, might have considered retirement at this point in his carreer like most wrestlers who retire in their mid 40s. So forget about all the horrible things that has happened in Benoit's life. Please don't mention them here.

What I want to know, if Benoit was still around today, who would you want his last feud to be with? One final send off. Can be anybody in TNA if you think he might've jumped ship or anyone in WWE. Current rosters only please.

So let's have it...

-Who would you like to have seen Chris Benoit feud with for the very last time before he retired?

-Where would this match take place and what kind of send off would he receive?

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER​

I think Benoit, like Guerrero, would have a good match and final feud with basically anyone. His only problem was his mic skills, so for his final feud he would need someone that can help carry the mic skill part. The right person for this would be CM Punk. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these two supposed to have faced each other on the night that Chris Benoit "no showed". Anyways, Punk in his current state would be able to have a great match against Benoit and would also be able to carry the promo parts of the feud. Another great choice would be Jericho. Remember the feud these two had? It was great and it would work better now since Jericho is practically in his prime. Angle could also be considered since he never seems to have a bad match and also has good mic skills. Same goes for Michaels and practically anyone who is also a well rounded athlete.

William reagal. I enjoyed when those two submission Machines had a match but I never saw a decent fued with those two. I think it would of been great to see those two have a decent length fued ending at wrestlemania in an ultimate submission match.

But Current roster it would be MVP, MVP learned some good experience fueding with beniot and it would be interesting to see them two again.

Since you said TNA was allowed then I'll definitely go with Kurt Angle. The two had a history that included several feuds and even a period of time where they were a tag team and held the titles together. You could make a case that today they would be considered the two best technical wrestlers in the world, so a feud between them would just be natural.

But to go a step further into fantasy world, since we're bring people back from the dead and all, I'll also throw out Bret Hart. If we can bring Benoit back to life then let's also make Bret about ten years younger and take away his health problems. THAT would have been a great final feud for both men.

Jericho, Punk, and Angle are all top notch choices (I would say Angle myself), however, if Benoit could feud with anybody, I would love to see Benoit is his prime against the Dynamite Kid (one of Benoit's idols) in his prime. While their mic work may not be the best, their match would likely be one of the most vicious, intense, and scienficly sound matches ever...

I think Benoit vs Daniel Bryan would be amazing for the last feud. Benoit wasn't the biggest guy so Daniel wouldn't be manhandled like he was against Sheamus. If not Bryan I would of picked Jericho, since Jericho is the one of the best of all time.

I have to go with Jericho. Those two in the ring was always a thing of beauty, and for one last HORRAH they would have tore down the house, built it back up, then blew the roof off of it.

I would say CM Punk. Benoit was never that good on the Mic and Punk is GOLD on the Mic so he could carry the fued in that department. Benoit and Punk are both great wrestlers So they could have amazing Matches espically a Submission match The CrossFace vs. The Andconda(sp?)Vice and The Flying Headbutt vs. The GTS. It would AMZING.

I would of said Danielson but Danielson aint that Great on the mic either so the fued would lacked in that depatment but I would of LOVED for them two to wrestle that would be an AQMAZING Match

-Who would you like to have seen Chris Benoit feud with for the very last time before he retired?

Benoit vs Angle for the World Championship at Wrestlemania. In my version, Benoit would be the champion going into Mania with Angle returning to the WWE and winning the Rumble to earn a shot against a champion of his choice. He of course chooses Benoit for one last final classic match between the two. And it would have to be an iron man match as both of these guys were famous for their energy and endurance.

Well on the Eddie Guerrero last match question a lot of people said Benoit so how about
Benoit has his last feud with Eddie and the two retire at the same time. They know each other so well that their matches/promos would be amazing.

I'll pick somebody from both WWE and TNA. In WWE? Chris Jericho. One of my favorite matches is between these two in a ladder match for the IC title. Shame on me though for not remembering what PPV or year. Shame on me twice for being too lazy to look it up.

In TNA? Kurt Angle. I loved their match at Royal Rumble and I know these two could put out a five star match any time that they wanted when working together.

To top it all off, one of my favorite Wrestlemania matches was a triple threat between these competitors at Wrestlemania 2000 in a 2 out of 3 falls match with both the European title and Ic titles on the line.

Well on the Eddie Guerrero last match question a lot of people said Benoit so how about
Benoit has his last feud with Eddie and the two retire at the same time. They know each other so well that their matches/promos would be amazing.

Your idea sounds good with the last match for both men.
I would also pick Eddie Guerrero as his last opponent in a feud. I know Jericho, Angle, Bryan, or even Punk could steal the show with this guy, but seeing how he was so close in real life to Eddie I think this would be a very emotional match. I guess they would have end up hugging like they did at Mania 20. Epic moment.

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER​

Great thread here, Hamler. Oh sorry.. THE Hamler.

I think Chris Benoit would have feuded with CM Punk. Not only because before everything happened, he was set to go back to ECW and win the ECW Championship at Vengeance, but because it seemed like the perfect opponent at the time. Chris Benoit was going somewhere he could be used to his extent, ECW. CM Punk was the top guy in ECW during the mid 2007 era. Yeah, he was set to lose the title to Benoit at Vengeance, but that wouldn't have mattered. It's Chris Benoit we're talking about here. One of the best, if not the best in the world of wrestling.

It's a shame we didn't get to see Benoit feud with CM Punk and win the ECW Championship. That would have been a great and historic moment for Benoit. Not only that, but it would have been a 5 star match, and you can already see that. CM Punk was on fire, and Chris Benoit, despite what he was going through, was always focused on the ring when he was there. Everything else had completely vanished as soon as his music hit. The Chris Benoit we all grew up with and lived to love, was there.

Send off wise, I think Chris Benoit would have been inducted into the Hall of Fame, no doubt about that right there. He gave so much to the business, broke bones, lost teeth, won championships and his Wrestlemania track record was not only next to perfect, but the matches he was in were great. Right from his first Wrestlemania at Wrestlemania 16, up to his final Wrestlemania, Wrestlemania 23. Who could ever forget the war he had with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 17? Who could let the memory of Chris Benoit winning the World Heavyweight Championship and celebrating with his best friend, Eddie Guerrero in the ring at Wrestlemania 20? I sure as hell can't.

Chris Benoit, in my personal and honest opinion, is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He was truly given a gift by God, and I hope, no matter what happened in 2007, he was welcomed into the arms of God. He truly deserves everything he had worked for and busted his arse for. Chris Benoit's memory will live on, despite WWE's harsh removal of Benoit from their business completely. I understand why, but it's hard to believe that they gave into everything the media was saying about them. If it was somebody like Eddie Guerrero, John Cena or Triple H, they'd sue whoever stood against them. Due to what happened, they couldn't really afford to make any mistakes.

This is a great thread, I look forward to seeing some more great threads outta' you, Hamler.

I thoroughly enjoyed his actual last feud, with MVP. I thought after the rub Benoit gave him after the 2 out of 3 falls match. I thought they stole WM23. I thought it was a hell of a lot better than the ECW match and the World Heavyweight Match. I know as the IWC we like to think about the what if's and what could've beens. I was totally happy with the ending that Benoit had. He was one of my favorites of all time, and I think it's a damn shame that this former champion is wiped from the annals of history.

I reckon Miz, Mainly because of the history Miz and Benoit had behind the scenes that could of being brought into a onscreen thing. Also with Miz developing as a wrestler as we speak the match could of at least being decent.

To me it is the perfect dynamic, the hardworking, no nonsense guy against the arrogant, all talk guy guy Miz. Benoit could carry the wrestling part and Miz could carry the mic work of the fued.

Angle or Jericho would be my other choices.

I would have to say Daniel Bryan. In their feud they would definately have great matches, both of them are great wrestlers, I think they coud have a great feud. Granted neither of them are excellent on the mic but they could just let their actions do the talking.

If I'm gonna pick a TNA guy I'd go with Desmond Wolf. If given time on T.V. or a PPV they could tear the house down and steal the show !

I would usually have said Eddie Gurrerro or Kurt Angle or Daniel Bryan but thinking about it now, I would say Shawn Michaels. The two have never really had a 1 on 1 feud. A feud between this two could've resembled Bret vs. Shawn easily. And well going out to Shawn Michaels is much bigger than going out to Eddie, Kurt or Bryan as Michaels is more of an iconic figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back