Where have all the female valet's gone?

ASKane

Championship Contender
This is a list of all the WWE divas who appear on the main roster.
AJ(c)
Aksana
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Cameron
Eva Marie
JoJo
Kaitlyn
Layla
Naomi
Natayla
Nikki Bella
Rosa Mendes
Summer Rae
Tamina Snuka

That's 15 divas and currently that are working on the main roster but only 5 in some way play the role of a valet. Summer Rae is Fandango's Dancer, Cameron and Naomi are Tons of Funks dancers, Natalya is Khali's Girlfriend or something like that and Tamina is AJ's bodyguard. But Tons of Funk and Khali rarely appear on TV and bodyguard to a diva probably doesn't count as a valet so there is only 1 regularly appearing valet and she is yet to debut on the main shows.

I think WWE could use Aksana, Eva Marie, Layla, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox as valets which would mean they get screen time and can better hone their skills. Take AJ for example she dated just about every main eventer for a year, got promo experience and got herself well known now she is one of the best womens champions. I don't think the girls I said will ever get to AJ's level but they either need to be sacked or given a way back onto TV and valeting is the perfect role.

I think Aksana would do well with a European superstar(not Cesaro and not sure who), Eva Marie could work with anyone, Layla would be good with Wade Barrett due to the British connection, Rosa Mendes should be with Primo and Epico and not sure with Alicia Fox. This would allow WWE to create mixed tag team feuds. Let Summer Rae get some in ring action and potentially give someone a boost as a heel if they had a devious girlfriend.

I totally agree. I remember at one time there were valets for almost every superstar. I think today it's more about female empowerment and them doing their own thing. However with WWE it's more or less a fail. So with that i agree Eva Marie would be a damn good valet kind of like how Queen Sharmell was with Bookah. Maybe she could valet Alberto del Rio and bring interest to his character.

And JoJo can valet the Usos or even Kofi Kingston more like a cultural type character like Snuka was is her debut.

Also I can see Aksana playing Valet to maybe A returning Kane maybe she turns into a demonic like character and becomes the Devils favorite main squeeze lol or something like that.

I would love for Axel to have a, valet as well. Perhaps after he leaves Paul heyman group Nattie can be his valet as 2 second gen superstars

Totally agree I remember the good days of Sunny...

I think it's because there are really no good divas that could fit that role. Aksana tried, then got 'dumped', the funkadacyls are in that total divas crap, and aj is doing her thing. None of them really worked except for the funkadacyls, which have been ruined.

To detective Zelix, Kane had a main squeeze, he tombstoned a priest to get her...

Oh Yeah kaptain, how dare I forget? He's actually tombstoned all of his girls. Tori, AJ, Chyna to an extent, Lita. Wow Kanes the man. But I think Kelly Kelly was a decent valet as we'll as Maryse but there's so many ideas that WWE don't use. It's astonishing rather.

Summer rae is the best valet wwe has, wwe has brie with bryan to be his valat but their to busy pushing her instead.

What's the point of a wrestler having a valet if there's no genuine reason for her to be out there? Summer Rae clicks with Fandango as his valet/dance partner. She's able to compliment his gimmick, to enhance it by being believable in the role. The fact that she can genuinely dance well is the primary reason she's gotten the spot. That's not to say that her being a gorgeous woman with legs that go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll the way up isn't a reason either, but she's not there just for the sheer sake of providing eye candy to the mostly male audience.

I guess if you want to be technical, the Funkadactyls could be counted as Tons of Funk's valets. Even though they wrestle sometimes, they're mostly known at this time for accompanying TOF to the ring and dancing.

As for the rest of the Divas, I don't really see a reason or a need to have them work as valets to male wrestlers. Sure, you could go the route of putting most of them as valets by saying they're in a relationship with the wrestler they're accompanying, but that's beyond lazy booking. If they have no real purpose in accompanying a wrestler to the ring, if they're not able to mesh with the character's gimmick and if there's no real chemistry between them, then they're just wasting space.

Part of the point of this was to point out the lack of valets, also it was to point out how many divas are on the payroll yet do nothing. My point was if your gonna keep them all putting a few as valets would explain keeping them. Also in response to post #6 I never said the funkadactyls weren't valets I just said Tons of Funk rarely appear anymore so to class them as active valets didn't feel right

The problem is that the Divas only get one match per show and there's too many of them. There needs to be a secondary Divas storyline that doesn't involve the champion vs the number one contender.

The easy way to fix this outside of creating valets would be to make a Divas stable similar to the Shield. The "I'm not on Total Divas" team doesn't count because nobody really gives a shit about Total Divas. Layla, Aksana and Alicia Fox are all supposedly heels right now and have nothing to do on TV. Why not make them a heel stable that target Natalya or Kaitlyn? They can claim that they want to be taken seriously (because, TBO, I think they are the three most under-rated divas on the roster) and beat down either Natalya, Kaitlyn or both.

Another solution is to turn one of WWE's current shows, most likely Superstars, into a Divas show.

The reality however is most of the Divas are on the payroll to make public appearances and sporadically show up on TV. I don't see this changing as having Divas show up at public events brings more males to those events.

Well... Alicha Fox could easily be paired with someone like Fandango while Summer Rae focuses on wrestling. An Alicha Fox vs. Summer Rae match would be good (Fandango on a Pole match)

I think part of the problem is that you expect the valet or manager to get physically involved and help whomever there managing win. They can't have man vs woman violence like they used to in the attitude era. What's the point of having a manager if there never going to get physically involved in the match?

Do they have more divas on roster than they probably need? Maybe; however, I think this question might be based on what we see on tv and not include the house shows where I think many of these women come in handy. The problem with making them valets is that, at least back in the day, not just anyone had a valet. And there were never that many of them at one time. I think the poster estimated 5 current valet-types, that is about the number you used to have when valets were popular. I think more would just start to look artificial.

It is worth noting that a few of these were valets, in situations that made sense, and WWE moved away from it. Tamina is the example here - it made sense for her to be affiliated with the Uso's given the family connections. But her valet connection to them was short lived. And they chose El Torrito for Primo/Epico, I mean Los Matadores, over Rosa Mendes.

I think there is a point where you have too many valets, and it makes them less important to us. Valets should be used to help someone who is failing in some area. For example, Sunny managed guys that we didn't care about as much, she did the talking, made it seem like they were viable competition. Would we have cared about The Smoking Gunns any other way?

That being said, I don't like the idea of time and talent being wasted. No, we don't know how they're all being used all the time, but if they only appear at house shows, it's not important. The casual fan goes to a house show, to see their favorites that are normally on tv. They're not gonna care as much for someone they don't see on tv. For example, I went to a house show once, and I remember it was Kane against "The Freakin' Deacon" or something like that, I know it was one of Luke Gallows early gimmicks. He had not appeared on tv with that or anything, and when he cut this little promo before the match, nobody cared. And we didn't even know who he was facing. All the crowd knew was that they didn't know him. Also, he was annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back