Which Divas Would You Keep

ASKane

Championship Contender
I recently created a thread about which people you want off TV and most involved something to do with Divas. So I have decided to see which Divas you would actually keep. This is a list of all the WWE divas who appear on the main roster
AJ(c)
Aksana
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Cameron
Eva Marie
JoJo
Kaitlyn
Layla
Naomi
Natayla
Nikki Bella
Rosa Mendes
Summer Rae
Tamina Snuka

I would keep
AJ - I think she is very close to being the best diva ever
Kaitlyn - She works really well as the power diva and has a lot of potential
Layla - I think when she partnered with Michelle McCool it was a high point of the womens division as they had great characters and matches
Summer Rae - I think she works really well as a valet and has shown a lot of potential when she wrestled Natalya and I would keep her valeting while she improves her wrestling abilities
Tamina - Works well as a power heel and despite me wanting Kharma in this role I think Tamina does great job and her heritage leaves the potential for a Samoan Stable which I am interested in seeing
JoJo - Yes I actually want to keep a Total Divas, its a miracle. All Total Divas are on the show because they are good reality TV stars not wrestlers but I think JoJo has shown that she has potential in the ring and can work in other roles other than wrestler. I think she should go to developmental while maybe working as backstage interviewer or ring announcer.

Who would you keep and add a reason

I agree with all you have said, but I do think more needs to be added.

Natalya: Her pedigree alone, she puts on great matches when actually given the time. How you say she's not a good wrestler doesn't make sense to me. She can carry a match if they invested in her.

Both Bellas: They are working to get better for once and it is showing. They are great heels utilizing twin magic. Unfortunately real life Boyfriends Bryan and Cena prevent the possibility of them being heels.

I definitely disagree on AJ on the verge of being best diva of all time. She's not on Trish or Lita's level. That Black widow is wicked, but she's not close yet to how good Trish and Lita were.

I would keep...

- AJ Lee: I would already rank her in my Top 5 Divas of all-time.
- Alicia Fox: A much better wrestler than given credit for, a great hand to have for things like appearances, interviews, etc. & she has some of the best facials on the roster.
- Layla: I would put her on a deal like Y2J or RVD so she could take part in some angles when she is healthy but I wouldn't use her all year round.
As well as bringing up Emma, Paige & Sara Del Ray to the main roster.

That's it. Aksana is nothing but a pretty face & hasn't done a single interesting thing since being hired. The Bella Twins are a bigger waste of space than JTG. The Funkadactyles were alright as back-up dancers but Cameron is beyond awful & annoying & I don't see anything special or entertaining in Naomi. Neither Eva Marie or Jojo would even be on the main roster if not for 'Total Divas'. Kaitlyn is clumsy & sub-par in the ring, not to mention I can't stand her goofy character or rather the lack thereof. Natalya is past her prime already & should just become a trainer. Rosa Mendes is smokin' hot but she isn't good in the ring & seems like somewhat of a liability with her drinking problems & reports of abusive relationships in the past. I find Summer Rae very weird looking & once again not very good in the ring. & Tamina is just a darker Kaitlyn with an important last name.

Natalya is the best worker they have ever since Beth Phoenix left, so she's a no-brainer.

AJ is the only diva that's interesting beyond her looks with the "crazy chick" gimmick, so of course she's a keeper.

It would be quicker to just tell you who I'd cut. Aksana and Rosa have nothing to offer. I'd quickly release them and try my best to bring back Mickie James and Tara/Victoria.

AJ is, barring maybe Kong/Kharma, the best female in the game today. WWE needs her. Hell, she's more interesting than most of the dudes on the roster!

Naomi is probably right behind AJ and Natty in terms of in-ring skill and actually has personality in her game. She's a keeper.

Natalya is a given at this point.

JoJo is very likeable. I'm still not sure if she can wrestle, but from what I've seen she learns quick, and she puts a genuine smile on my face watching her. Even if she isn't wrestling, we need her.

Bellas, say what you want, really aren't too shabby. Granted, the diva product DOES NOT need to center around them, but they still have use.

Alicia Fox can actually wrestle. Her matches with Melina prove that. Plus, she had a wicked backbreaker. She can be a good heel if needed.

Tamina isn't bad either. I'd keep her as the Victoria of the current diva roster.

And there's a little gray area in me that may or may not keep Summer Rae and Layla. Depends on what day you ask me.

And can the rest. Especially Eva Marie. Fire her ass twice. As a matter of fact, fire her, call her back, rehire her, put her in the ring with Paige for kicks and fire her ass again.

Lets see...

Vickie - she's easily the most talented talker of all the women. I would like to see her in a position as a manager rather than in a backstage position of power. Stick her with someone that needs a mouthpiece and she'd draw some serious heat.

AJ - She's a fine worker, and a breath of fresh air. She's a natural talker and a believable actress. She comes across as being this common, everyday girl rather than this plastic model.

Kaitlyn - She's not as good of a talker or actress as AJ, but she's allot of fun to watch. She's got the high impact style down.

Layla -She has proven herself to be entertaining in the past, and can still put on solid matches and segments when needed.

The majority of the attention in the division should be focused around those 4 because they are easily the most interesting and entertaining. The rest I'd either use as jobber filler or background characters. Actually this is what the WWE is doing now anyway... so I really wouldn't change anything other than transforming Vickie into a manager.

I would've kept Mickie James and Gail Kim, I could tell you that. TNA still puts on some very good matches despite the flack they catch on this site. In the past few years Mickie and Gail have rarely disappointed.

A divas division with:
AJ
Kaitlyn
Gail Kim
Mickie James
The Funkadactyls
Alicia Fox
Natalya
Layla
and Paige
would be pretty awesome. I know there's more to the WWE than just in-ring performance, but most of the divas who can actually wrestle are more than capable television personalities.

Championship Tier
AJ
Kaitlyn
Layla
Natalya
Summer Rae

Jobber Tier
Alicia Fox
Cameron
Naomi
Rosa Mendes
Eva Marie

AJ would remain Divas Champion while each of the divas in the championship tier get title shots against her. Natalya gets the Wrestlemania match. The girls in the jobber tier get to stay but will be losing matches to the girls from the championship tier who need to look stronger going into a title match. Most of them can't wrestle anyway. Aksana, the Bellas, and anyone else who did not make either list gets future endeavoured. Paige would get to be in the championship tier too if she ends up being as great as people say she is.

Keep:
AJ Lee- Great on the mic, great in the ring, great to look at.
Brie Bella- I really like her work these days. Plus, she's hot.
Cameron- Want her to get rid of her silly cheerleader gimmick.
Kaitlyn- Has horrible promo cutting abilities. But great in-ring worker and is bloody cute.
Layla- I like her work. Can be a great face.
Naomi- Same as Cameron.
Natayla- Boring, but one of the most powerful divas ATM.
Summer Rae- Really interesting and really pretty.
Tamina Snuka- Powerhouse of the divas division. Let her be where she is.

Use for some other role:
Aksana- Can be a good valet. But not an in-ring worker.
Nikki- Again, really good eye candy. Can make a great valet.
Eva Marie- Can make a great heel valet. Needs work of course.

Fire:
Alicia Fox- What does the Fox say? Absolutely nothing.
JoJo- Looks like a child lost in a fair.
Rosa Mendes- Get her to be a brunette again or get her off my screen.

Bring up to the main roster:
PAIGE!

Not to sound like a dick, but I've never really been into the divas for their wrestling acumen. If you're hot, plus you can wrestle, awesome. If not, I'm fine with that. Many people consider Sunny the greatest diva ever and she couldn't wrestle a bit. You can keep your Natalya's and Beth's. Give me Torrie's and Stacy's.

To answer the question, I'd keep AJ, Layla, Alicia Fox, the Funkadactyls, Eva Marie, Kaitlyn, and Paige. Hire outside the company to fill out the rest of the division. Less generic looking supposedly hot chicks like Summer Rae, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly etc.,and more variety. Would Lita even get hired if she were starting out today? I seriously doubt it.

Well, first and foremost, I would keep AJ Lee. She has undoubtedly become the most popular diva of the "PG Era". Her unique, crazy character always seems to stay fresh and the audience remains intruiged. She is quite good in the ring and features a few set moves that have become popular. She deserves to be Divas Champion and has begun to bring something back to the title.

The way I see it, if I keep AJ Lee, I must also keep Kaitlyn. These two, for me, go hand-in-hand. I don't know why, but whenever these two are at it, I'm interested. The next Trish versus Lita? Perhaps. Kaitlyn is good in the ring and possesses a few qualities no other current diva has. She has strength and appeal to add to the division.

Natalya is a no-brainer. The best in-ring diva in the WWE today provides the division some family history, something fans can latch on to. She has a good move set, some recognizable and popular moves, and overall works well. She's flexible as she can switch between heel and face and make it work.

Others I would keep include Layla, someone who has shown she has what it takes to be a great working diva, and Tamina Sunka for similar reasons as Natalya. Why these two are yet to have a big Divas Championship feud I don't know.

If I could bring back divas to make this division the best it could be, Kharma would be at the top of my list, along with Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and Mickie James. This division could possibly be top notch, and WWE needs to recognize that.

If I could bring back divas to make this division the best it could be, Kharma would be at the top of my list, along with Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and Mickie James.

I'd bring back all but Gail Kim. Of course, if she was so dissatisfied with her role in WWE last time, I don't know that she'd come back. But if the company re-hired the others with the promise they'd actually get to wrestle instead of act as models, Gail just might agree to come.....but then, would management take her back after that act of defiance she pulled on her last day with the company? If TNA folded, it would be interesting to see if Gail Kim's objections to WWE suddenly disappear in the face of unemployment.

As to the present divas, I wouldn't want to lose A.J. or Natalya. They can wrestle; it's easy to see how much better they are than everyone else. The others vary in ability, but no one is so good that they're indispensable.

Keep
AJ Lee
Paige - After bringing her up from NXT.
Natalya
Brie Bella
Layla
Alicia Fox
Tamina Snuka
Summer Rae
Kaitlyn
Naomi

Send To NXT
Cameron
Jo Jo
Nikki Bella

Former Divas I'd reach out to
Mickie James
Michelle McCool
Beth Phoenix
Kharma

Divas I'd release
Eva Marie
Rosa Mendes
Aksana

For the main roster, keeping AJ is a no brainer as she's great. I'd also bring up Paige from NXT as the girl's got the stuff. Natalya isn't all that big on charisma, but she's very good in the ring. Brie Bella has genuinely improved a whole helluva lot. She's worked hard to do so and it shows. I think that if she ditched the "mean girl" persona, she might actually be a fan favorite at some point. Layla's also FAR better in the ring than she was a couple of years ago, she's worth hanging onto. Alicia Fox is pretty decent in the ring. She's a bit sloppy and that needs to be addressed. Tamina is the least charismatic Diva on the roster, but she has a good presence and is pretty solid in the ring. I've been impressed by Summer Rae in the ring, what little I've seen. She's not the best, but she's pretty decent. She's embraced her character and, aside from AJ, is the best at using her facial expressions, body language and character to tell a story. Kaitlyn is decent in the ring. She's not very charismatic, but she has a different look and presence than the other Divas. Naomi is seriously athletic, she reminds me of a female version of Kofi Kingston. She can be a little sloppy and has some timing issues, but if she can bring that up to par, she'd be crazy entertaining.

I'd send some of the Divas currently on the main roster down to NXT. Cameron is sort of like a weaker version of Naomi. She's okay in the ring, but it's easy to tell she needs a good amount of work to bring herself up to par. Jo Jo is extremely young and needs to at least be given a chance to be properly trained, so I'd send her down to Orlando. Nikki Bella has also worked to improve herself and she has, but she hasn't improved anywhere near as much as Brie has. I think some time down in NXT would do her some good.

I'd at least reach out to the likes of Mickie James, Michelle McCool and Beth Phoenix to gauge their interest in returning, how much money they'd want, etc. and then go from there. Kharma generated more buzz than any Diva had in a very long time. Everything from her presence to her look to her style was a total departure from the Diva norm. She's lost about 100 pounds now, she's in much better shape, so I'd reach out and see what was what.

As for who I'd just flat out release, I'd go with Eva Marie, Rosa Mendes and Aksana. Eva Marie is beyond awful. She makes The Bella Twins look like Kurt Angle even when they flat out sucked. She has a lousy personality and has an ego that she hasn't done anything to earn. Rosa is also horrible, which is even sadder when you consider how long she's been there. She can't wrestle, she can't talk on the mic all that well and her charisma is limited to dancing like some hoochie mama. Aksana is FAR better than them, but that's not saying much. She tries, but she's just really far behind most of the other Divas. The fact that I can hardly understand a word she says doesn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back