when was the last time the wwe made you cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cried in happiness when Christian won the WHC, you could feel the emotion pour out of both him and Edge, really a heart-felt moment.

No real storylines have ever made me get teary eyed. More certain shows like the first Smackdown after 9/11. Or the first couple Tribute to the Troop Specials when they actually went overseas

Flair, Michaels and Edge retiring...Eddie and Macho Man memorial video.

To me, it was the REAL stuff that hit me. Storylines do have an emotional impact...not even ones based on real events.

The Eddie memorial episode really made me cry...
Also edge's announcement about his retirement where you could feel his emotions..

I cried during the Eddie Guerrero tribute and thats the only time i have ever cried storylines just dont get to me since in the back of my mind i know its all fake ect. but eddie one deff got to me

man, im almost crying just from reading all these posts and remembering all the sad moments! I cried when Eddie and Benoit won the titles at mania, when they died and during their tributes.
The one thing that no one has mentioned as far as i can see, even thought its not technically wrestling was from reading Chris Jerichos second book when he describes the last time he saw his mother alive, that made me bawl for ages

It has to be when Eddie G passed away!! I thought when i read it at first it was a hoax cruel joke!! Then i watched Monday night raw and saw it was very much real!! I didnt cry tears but was very sad and felt my eyes water a bit!! I was still thinking its not real but then reality hit and yes it is very much real!! I still miss him seeing perform to this day....

The most recent occasion that I got emotional (not full-out crying) at the WWE was the moment when The Undertaker retired HBK, followed by the Farewell Speech the following Raw, also with the HOF Induction that HBK/HHH delivered. All 3 of those moments got me going a bit.

Also, the obvious Benoit & Eddie deaths got me rather sad. I was sad for Flairs retirement, as obvious as it was, but was filled with loathing once he came to TNA.

The only time was when Edge retired at first I didn't believe it so I was like whatever see you in a few weeks. Then I started thinking that he wasn't talking like he normally does, he was breaking up. That's when I started to think maybe it was real. I started to shed a tear when I caught the replay on tuesday and realized that it was real.

When I was a child I cried almost everytime Macho Man lost. ESPECIALLY WM5. I hated Hogan so much and I was only like 10 years old but I agree with a couple of the first few posters that it is absolutely normal to feel sad inside but not cry because I have not cried since I was a little boy, through wrestling, through death, through anything but that doesnt mean my insides werent dead.

However, as a kid, yeah, Savage losing or getting beat up, always sent me off and my Dad use to make fun of me hahaha probably why I cry no more lol

I grew up idolizing the man, so I have no shame to admit I cried when HBK got that final tombstone at WM25 to end his career.

Naturally The Eddie G, and Owen Hart video packages made me cry a little bit to. So did the Benoit package before it was revealed he did it.... but they all failed in comparison HBK retiring

In terms of excitement...

I cried when Edge won his first world title. You have to understand, I was an Edge fan since the Brood... in fact, it was the blood baths that got me to be his fan. When he finally won the WWE title, I was happier than could ever be. I remember being so excited that tears came from my eyes.

I cried during the first ever heel R-Truth promo because I was laughing so hard. I don't know why but it was hilarious to me.

In terms of sadness...

I cried at the first Tribute to the Troops because my uncle had died in war just two days before that one aired on TV.

I cried when Lita left because she was without a doubt my favorite Diva ever... still my all time favorite.

And I cried when I heard that Owen Hart passed away. He was like really amazing and he was always willing to send fans home happy.

...After that, I can't remember anything else. I've never gotten too attached to wrestling like that.

when eddie won the title when chris benoit won the title and then eddie came out and when i heard about eddies death i remember i heard on wrestlezone he was going to win the strap at a supershow on sunday so monday morning when i woke up so excited to see the pics of him wining the title and instead i saw rip eddie i could not belive it the worst moment in wrestling ive ever experienced and then chris benoit died wich got me to i dont care what anybody says that man should be in hof he is one of the best ever and a good man we shouldnt just judge somebody for the last 24 hours of there life

I cried during the HOF induction of Eddie and the night after Ric Flair retired.

I don't know what it is, but seeing a bunch of Wrestlers crying makes me cry, even Undertaker was crying.

I kinda choked up when edge was giving his retirement speech, I hate seeing wrestlers cry during speeches.

When I found out Hawk had died on RAW. The ROAD WARRIORS were mine and my dad's favorite wrestlers ever. I was not big online then and had no idea he had died until RAW. Then the Dudley's did The DOOMSDAY DEVICE and laid the WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS belt on the ramp with the Hawk armband and walked off. I teared up bigtime, not only because I was a huge fan but it brought back memories of me and my dad watching WCW on TBS when The LOD ruled.

I'll re-state some of what's been said.

Various wrestling deaths: Owen, Eddie, Crash Holly, Kerry Von Erich (that one prolly hit me the worst when I found out because I grew up such a huge Von Erich fan and that family has been through hell too), and one of the worst for me personally was Chris Candido because I had just seen him in a wheelchair two days before at a TNA taping backstage and talked with him for like 4 minutes and at the end I was like well get better Chris because we need you back in the ring soon and we both laughed and he just turned a little and gave me a thumbs up and then he had to go. I got home two days later and one of my friends said he had died and at first I laughed thinking he was ribbing me and I was like screw you I just saw him 2 days ago smiling and he's doing fine from his leg injury and then when I found out it was real I couldn't get over it for a but of a while. Still makes me sad and I still miss Chris.

Non death related: Retirements: Flair's (ONLY when the other wrestlers came out and respected him; too bad he's done everything to spit in the face of not only them but what was such a classy moment in wrestling), HBK's, Edge (that got to me bc I'm a hardcore Edgehead), Sid (sometimes feel like the only real Sid fan left that will admit to it; when he broke his ankle in that grizzly accident and it was said that he had to retire to me that was a dark day in wrestling).

Non death or retirement: Randy and Liz's reunion at WrestleMania 7. At the time I had the biggest crush on Liz (what red blooded American male DIDN'T lol) and was very into their storyline and when they got back together I also cried for them there.

Wrestling related but not on camera: I've met pretty much EVERYONE in wrestling I've ever wanted to meet except for 2, (and a few various Divas or Knockouts that I'm girl crazy over I'll admit lol) but the only meeting that made me shed any tears was meeting Flair (again still wished he'd stayed retired and not tarnished his legacy at all). I came close at a couple (meeting my all time biggest crush ever in Mickie James and also meeting Kurt Angle (right after he won the WWE Championship after 9/11 and he was portrayed as the real American Hero; at the signing, he was only supposed to stay for an hour or so but the session went like 2 1/2 hrs and he stayed for EVERYONE (I was toward the back of the line and had driven 6 hrs to meet him so I know lol) and he was just as gracious to the last person as he was to the first (ppl at the signing were pissed at me bc I brought three things out of my collection for him to sign and they just wanted him to sign his book. They tried to stop me when I got up there and Kurt stopped them and insisted on signing all 3 things AND took a pic AND made one of the guys who was trying to jump my case take the picture. lol What a class act) and after it was over, just with how incredible Kurt was not just with me but with everyone almost brought a tear to my eye and no matter what he's done since then face or heel or whatever in life that ppl have wanted to bash him over I will always see Kurt as the class act he was that day. But those were prolly my most emotional moments and moments I've cried as a wrestling fan.

PS One more: the SmackDown 9/11 tribute at the beginning. Seeing the speeches and everyone as emotional as we were about it. That got to me BIG time. I'm VERY patriotic so yeah I almost forgot about that one and it was a big one.

I've never been close enough to wrestlers so that they would make me cry. I mean I like most of them but don't idolise them enough. I don't idolise actors either but at least when you watch a movie you have guys that are at the top of their profession in the field of making you cry. But wrestling is like an action movie, you don't cry when Bruce Willis beats the bad guy. You're happy but that's it. It's man-o-man battle and it generate a different kind of emotion than when say...ET goes home to his planet. Or when Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams play catch with the ghost of his father.

Definitely when Eddie and Chris died, not just because they were so unexpected but Chris at one point was my second favorite wrestler and Jericho,Eddie and Benoit were my favorite guys to transition from WCW. I grew up watching them and formed an emotional connection of sorts with those guys, so seeing them pass on the way they did was very heavy. Then the last would be when Edge had to retire, Michaels was sad but it was based on choices he made atleast, Edge had no choice and it was very sad seeing the pain on his face when he had announced he had to retire.

I never cried, but I am intending to when Drew McIntyre gets the World Championship.

Wait I cried at Capitol Punishment, when Santino spoke with the fake Obama and trying to teach him the Cobra :D

I can honestly say I've cried over a lot of things in wrestling but that is because I'm too damn passionate about the wrestling business. The last thing I cried over was WWE's Macho Man tribute video. Right before & during the time around his death I was watching a lot of WCW PPV's on Youtube, many of which Savage was competing on and he was one of the people I enjoyed watching on the PPV's. So to see him on WCW PPV's on Youtube to hearing about his death just weeks later was truly sad for me and it was a bit hard for me to continue watching, knowing he had passed away. Also The Scientist by Coldplay (the song in the tribute vid) didn't help one bit either, that's probably the saddest song I've ever heard.

Can't believe I forgot about the Von Erich's dying. Being from Texas they were a huge part of any Texas wrestling fan's life. When we heard David died in Japan it did hit me hard. So young. So strong. His death made all the local news and was covered heavily.

For me- it was without a doubt: the Randy Savage tribute after his death. Savage was my all-time favorite growing up and remained that for a long time. Not too many people in the business can entertain the way Randy did. For someone on the smaller side physically...he sure did compete with the biggest & best of them.

When I heard he died, I refused to believe it. It couldnt happen to the Macho Man. No way, no how! Well- it did & I cried. My childhood hero had just died. I even broke out my old Randy Savage wrestling figure & paid my respects by putting it on top of my TV for a week. You know the one i'm talking about. Pink trunks with white stars. Yellow boots, sunglasses & the yellow & black tiger striped head band.

It takes a death in the business to get me to shed a tear. But when Edge came out of virtually nowhere to announce he was retiring...that shook me up. It was something that I was totally unprepaired for.

To the OP: thanks for making this thread. It brought back some sad memories. But it was good to remember those things. It makes you realize life is short.

I have never properly cried due to anything on a wrestling show, but I have had a lump in my throat several times, mainly during the tribute packages to wrestlers who have died, and seeing the emotion on the faces of their colleagues.

Eddie Guerrero and Randy Savage's tributes immediately spring to mind, as they were handled extremely well by the WWE, and credit to Vince and the production guys for that. They were very tastefully done. Also, while I was too young at the time to appreciate the Owen Hart tributes, as I wasn't too familiar with his work at the time, I have been a bit choked up since then when watching clips of his tribute show as I now know what a talent Owen was, what a nice man he was and how loved he was among his peers. The sad thing about Owen's death was that he was intending to get out of the business to spend more time with his family and that was taken away from him so tragically.

I also felt emotional at Ric Flair's walk away from the ring after his WM match with HBK, the love and emotion in that arena for a true legend was very special. Seeing how appreciative the fans were for Ric's lifetime of work was beautiful

I have never cried with happiness from wrestling, but I have definitely felt emotional in certain events when someone has acheived their lifelong dream of winning the belt, like Benoit and Guerrero, they were special times but they didnt make me cry.

I have never cried due to a wrestling angle, but I have felt a lot of emotion toward certain things that have transpired, and especially when you go back and watch a PPV that you loved as a kid, some of those moments will be bring you damn close to tears. I watched both of these recently just out of the blue, Summerslam 92' Bret Hart vs British Bulldog. If you listen to Bret Harts thoughts and feelings toward this match, it will give you goosebumps, or create a lump in your throat afterwards, just knowing how much Bret loved Davey, even through the thick and thin, and was more than happy to lose to Davey to give him a push. The other one is the Elizabeth and Savage angle at WM7, no man & woman will ever be able to pull off another storyline like that in wrestling. Hell, while I'm on a roll, The Iron Man Match from WM12 was a classic moment, from Shawn Michaels entrance to the final moments between Michaels and Hart, that was a hell of a match. Plus the WWE did a HELL of a job with the "boyhood dream" angle for shawn Michaels, Jose Lutherio, the whole shabang was damn good.

Wrestlemania 7. That dumb b**ch Sherri beating on Savage after he lost his career match, then to see Elizabeth come out and throw her out by her hair and see them reunite, and then at the very end Liz is holding the ropes for Savage like she always did and he said no, called her away and then stepped on the bottom rope and yanked up on the middle for her... even still, watching them get back together gets me emotional. Silly, I guess. I never did actually cry over it, but man, that one, no matter how many times I watch it chokes me up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back