When was the last time....

Had to bring this back up because last night Mark Henry got on the "Roman Reigns is the most awesome wrestler ever" bandwagon.

Unbelievable. I just can't believe Vince is going this far to try and legitimize Reigns to the WWE Universe. :p

Why can't you believe it? Roman Reigns is in the main event of WrestleMania. If Vince and the WWE don't try and legitimise Reigns, then no one is going to give a shit about the main event of the biggest match of the biggest show of the year. Now, whether Reigns deserves to be there or not is a different story. The fact of the matter remains that the WWE need to do all they can to make their main event something that people want to see.

Interesting ... I just read someone say they don't remember Brock dominating the way roman reigns currently is ..if I recall correctly , during brocks run on smack down he destroyed literally every competitor on that show... He made Chris Benoit pass out during their match , broke hardcore Holly's neck and destroyed the big show , kurt angle , john cena AND the undertaker ... Before coming to smack down he took down the likes of rvd , the Hardy's , the rock ... My point is , we've seen this all before ..

Interesting ... I just read someone say they don't remember Brock dominating the way roman reigns currently is ..if I recall correctly , during brocks run on smack down he destroyed literally every competitor on that show... He made Chris Benoit pass out during their match , broke hardcore Holly's neck and destroyed the big show , kurt angle , john cena AND the undertaker ... Before coming to smack down he took down the likes of rvd , the Hardy's , the rock ... My point is , we've seen this all before ..

For the record, my initial post in this thread didn't have as much to do with a wrestler being allowed to have physical dominance over his opponents, but that those opponents would build him up verbally so much. I thought the company was done with this nonsense, but here's comes Henry this week doing the same thing they've made Bryan, Heyman, etc. do the last month or so.

Doing this so much is like a kid's mom or dad going around and telling all the other kids how much better their son is then they are. It's embarrassing, and it might have a reverse boomerang effect on the crowd if WWE isn't careful. Most fans don't want to be told who they should be cheering for so deliberately as has been done with Roman Reigns since the Rumble, and especially since Fastlane. Hopefully this is the last of it before WM 31.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back