when was the last time the wwe made you cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No tears here... but Owen's death on the live Over The Edge PPV was upsetting in an abnormal way. It was the most surreal wrestling show I've watched live.

The tribute raw afterwards was also upsetting but heart-warming. No matter what anyone says ... I dont see that tribute show as damage control. I thought it was a fitting tribute, having the superstars volunteer to tell an Owen story or wrestle that night if they wished, eachother putting on clean matches with clean finishes.

Benoit's death. I don't care what he did out side of the ring, he was/is/always will be, one of my childhood idol's. He was one of the last of his kind. The ones who came from the Hart dungeon, to working in every promotion around the world, to being on top of the WWE world. Was always a fan, and I'll admit I shed a tear or 2 when I heard he died. Even reading the chapter about him in Jericho's book brought up a few of those emotions

I've never cried, even after the deaths, but some have upset me to where I was a pain to be around. I stopped watching wrestling for two years after Chris Benoit went crazy and murdered his family. I was so incredibly angry...at him, at the doctors, at the business itself, and just as much at me for being a fan of a business that eats so many young men alive.
I came back because Lord help me I love it, and I had finally had enough time to make peace with it. I lost many of my rock and roll idos over they years and never stopped listening to music. I even watch wrestling with my kids now, but deep inside it's the ultimate "guilty pleasure." And now, I wonder which of my kids' favorites will be the first one to self-destruct and break their hearts.

Maybe I'm over speculating....

But I get the feeling that a lot of you guys are just too afraid to admit you have ever cried, because you are blinded by macho "Manly" pride.

I understand if WWE doesn't make you cry, but saying you have NEVER cried in your life? don't give me that bullshit, nobody's gonna make fun of you for having feeling's, the day's where supposed men aren't real "men" if they cry, are long gone.

Excluding the deaths of wrestlers, I would say the last time WWE got me choked up (not necessarily cry) was when the WWF Desire video aired in 2002. It is one of, if not THE best video package the WWF/WWE has ever produced and it still brings me goosebumps when I watch it now. An awesome tribute of four eras (70's TV era; 80's Boom; New Generation and Attitude Era).

I think if you read the posts carefully, you will see that there aren't many claiming to have never cried. Just that wrestling never made them cry. Even stars we think we know and love, we don't really know. There is an "inner circle" that we can't penetrate. I think it was Ringo who said "There are only four people who will ever know what it was like to be a Beatle." I feel like that about wrestlers. Despite all the books and the "shoot" interviews, I think only the men and women who have been in the ring for years on end know what the wrestlers are really like. And some of us don't often cry over people we don't feel we really know.
Wrestling deaths have made me sad and angry, but just never brought tears to my eyes. I've never felt like I've known the "real" person in their cases. The only celebrity death that definitely made me cry was Reggie White's (Coincidentally, he also got in the ring once or twice.) As a Packer fan, and a man who wore Reggie White jersey over my tux at my wedding reception, he seemed to me to genuinely be the man we knew publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back