When Did You Start Liking CM Punk?

I first saw him in TNA many years ago. He was awesome like all the Old TNA talent were. I wish WWE would ease up on the wrestlers and let them work their own style of wrestling instead of the wwe way of wrestling. Give them more freedom because CM Punk can pull of some insane moves.

Since the shoot on RAW...i watch shoot interviews on YT but a live shoot on a live WWE program was awesome. How he stayed true to his words namely his insulting Stephanie.
"What would i know? Im just vince mcmahons clueless daughter"- Steph
"Yeah ur pretty much clueless but I didnt say that u did. I said u were idiotic"-CM Punk Burning!!!!

I first noticed and began to love CM Punk when he became The Straight Edge Savior back in 2009. I fell head-over-heels in love with that gimmick and I began to wonder why he was kept face for as long as he was. I always enjoyed his matches, but I was never really into the persona until he became CM Jesus. I never connected with him as a face, though I always thought he had a really cool look. But when he offered Luke Gallows and Serena salvation, I began to kiss a lot of Chicago ass. I've loved his work ever since.

Look it is like this. When he first came on tv and made that promo about him and his straightedge lifestyle I was a fan from there on. I always said since then that when he become a huge star wrestling going to be awesome again. The man works his ass off. They gave him lemons and he made lemonade. Then in July he made that promo where everyone thought he went crazy but just did a damn good job. Plain and simple

I used to watch a few of his roh matches, I liked the way he wrestled, he wasn't jacked up like a lot of the wrestlers in the wwe at that time. So it was pretty awesome watching him make his debut in ECW, which was perfect for him at the time, and then watching him team with DX getting a huge pop from the crowd. It was good to see him win the ecw championship an then the world heavy height championship, he was even amazing as a heel whom of which i hated at the time as I'm an even bigger Jeff hardy fan. Watched him wrestle up until now and can't wait to see what's next for him.

At the time CM Punk debuted, I never really went on internet wrestling sites so I didn't really know anything about him and I can't say I liked him before he came to WWE because I didn't know he existed.

Once he debuted though, I liked him right away. I thought it was cool that there was a straight edge guy giving good matches and was a reason for me to actually pay attention to the ECW brand at the time as there wasn't really anything else that I was into on ECW.

I always got made fun of by my wrestling friends because they all hated him, but now they love CM Punk and downloaded his current theme song and I think that's quite funny.

[YOUTUBE]XuP8tqxeslY[/YOUTUBE]

The Wrestling Channel in the UK used to show a british based promotion called Frontier Wrestling Alliance (you can thank them for Paul Burchall and, to a degree, Doug Williams). One episode they aired the above promo, and I instantly wanted to know more about him. I sadly had limited internet access at the time, and eventually forgot about him. Then he appeared on WWECW, and BANG! I remembered him. By that point I had internet, did my research, and just...well, as they say, the rest is history.

Honourable mention; this promo also made me like Raven more :)

I didn't really take notice of him when he was on ECW as I didn't watch it often. When CM Punk was a heel on Smackdown; I hated him. Which is his job to be honest, as that's what a heel is mean't to do. Get people to hate him. At the time Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio where HUGE faces, which mean't people hated Punk even more as he abused Rey's children and ended Jeff's career, only to take the pee when he dressed up as Hardy the week after his firing. :disappointed:

Almost everyone hated him. I started liking him when he became a commentator xD and then I LOVED him when he hit Cena with the chair and became the leader of the New Nexus. But; as with most groups; they started to lose popularity and so did Punk. He just HAD to end the Nexus to stay in the main event. Sure, he had Wrestlemania against Orton but until MITB PPV he was on a downhill slope. After he became a face everyone just seemed to jump on the bandwagon and now he's the top merchandise seller. Just shows what a face turn can do for you.. :lmao:

I started liking him when he became a commentator for a while.I just didn't really realise his mic skills until then.And after the "shoot" promo he became one of my favourites.

in roh, his 45 minute match vs danielson/bryan, ive always been a huge danielson mark and didnt like punk in their matches but respected him, then the handshake at the end and the amazing matches he continued to put on began to win me over. Once i realized how epic his promos were i became a bigger fan of his than danielson...so Id say late 2004 i became a huge fan.

I started liking him around the time he started feuding with Hardy over the WHC. I knew that he had the belt before but he never really did anything in that reign. One of my favorite moments in 2009 was when he slammed the mic into Hardy's head, for some reason, I was laughing for like 10 minutes because of how he did it. His Straight Edge promos were awesome, giving him some great heel heat. Went back and watched his older matches in ROH and older TNA, so yeah, Since about 2009.

I always liked his style and thought with his straight edge heel persona he could be like the anti Stone Cold. It took a while for them to give him the right gimmick in WWE. He just seemed like he was trying to polish turds with the Straight Edge Society and new Nexus. He's better off as his own man doing his own thing. I see him now as kinda like the one wrestler who says exactly what the audience is thinking. Meta humor can work in wrestling if it's done right. If it's done in the beat you over the head with wrestling being fake style like Vince Russo is so rightly scorned for it doesn't work. But in smaller doses and in the right contexts it can be funny.

I started liking cm punk as soon as he turned heel against jeff hardy wasn't a big fan of his last face run ( not a really big on faces anyways i like heels the best) but am a fan of his current face run. It's fresh and entertaining he does and says what he wants to and that's what i like its heelish in a way but then again it's not because of how he does it all love cm punk hopefully wwe don't mess this up and doesn't shove him down are throats like they do with cena.

I've been following punk since he first started. I got the Cm Punk/Samoa Joe trilogy on dvd three matches any true wrestling fan should watch. I never watched much ROH I would keep up with him online I remember he was in TNA breifly then I was excited when he came to WWE and since he made his debut he hasn't done wrong From being a face then going heel. Then forming the straight edge society which was one of my favorites. Then he he did the comentateing and now look at him. He has achieved so much a big inspiration.
I've been into punk music and the whole punk lifestyle most of life I'm not straight edge though but anyways to see a guy like CM Punk in the WWE was the coolest thing. A wrestler that I could relate to in many ways. He is the reasson why I got back into wrestling. The best thing about CM Punk is that he is completly different from any wrestler. He is a guy who always says whats on his mind and speaks the truth. People say how CM Punk can't kick anyones ass because of his size but everyone seems to forget how he has a very big martial art backround and a guy like CM punk does look like a guy who can take on anyone he's gold on the mic and gold in the ring. He is everything a wrestler should be. CM Punk is with out a doubt the best wrestler right now

i never watched ROH, its not available in my area, and being a wrestling fan all my life, i've never heard of ROH til last year. so my first exposure to PUNk was in the WWE.

i remember when he first won the strap by cashing in MITB on i forget who. i was skeptical at first but i gave him a chance. he was OK during that run, i think he was still finding and tweaking his character at the time so he didn't really resonate with me that much back then.

i became sold on PUNK as one of my favorites during his awesome fued with jeff hardy over the world heavyweight title i believe it was in 09.

punk really came into his own during this fued and he and jeff put on some great matches. his mic work during this was very enjoyable as well. he was a GREAT heel during this fued and i knew he had the potential to become one of the best

his fued with mysterio was awesome as well. these two had great matches and their styles worked well together.

that SHOOT promo was the stuff of legends, and every segment he was featured in after that was money. his mic work was tremendous, i just youtubed his contract signings with john cena and vince mcmahon during that storyline run and that was some of the most entertaining promos and segments i've seen on raw in a long time. definitely one of the best on the mic and in the ring.

A year or two before he was signed by WWE when my buddy got me into ROH. I've never really care for him all that much as a face, however, so as far as his WWE work I'd have to go with the SES thing.

I'm not one of those who've known him in his ROH days but I've been a fan since his days at ECW. I loved him during his SES days, pure fun.

Honesty Punk is my fav wrestler right now. I didnt really think much of him in ECW, he was ok when he fueded with Hardy and Taker. I really started likeing him after he cut an epic promo, "the shoot heard round the world". And i never realized until shortly after that he is a top talent if not the best wrestler in WWE right now. WWE took him for granted no doubt, but every word he said in his Promo was true. And i'd be damned if anyone told me other wise. Whether u disagree or not its a true fact. He is the main reason why WWE's landscape has turned a 360 this year. Its the whole reason why wwe is highly considering turning cena heel at WM 28. And its not like he talks shit and doesnt back it up. He backs it up every match he's in. I don't get a hard on over him but he's damn good and cuts great promos as well.

JUST SAYIN!!

Way back in the summer of 2008 when he won his first World Title, I was calling him by the name of Crowd Mute Punk. It wasn't because I didnt want to like him, I did. Then he turned heel, and really showed me some depth to his persona. His face run from before was just absymal. He was too cookie cutter for someone like him. So right when he turned heel and showed more of what he could do is when I started to like him. If you think about it, if he wouldnt have turned heel he would have never gotten to the heights he has now. Crazy.

I watched wrestling for the first time in years during the Nexus storyline. I don't remember the first match I saw CM Punk in after that but I rated him highly from the off. I think it was just before he got destroyed week in and week out by Big Show

When he was the leader of the SES on Smackdown, his promo work was better, his matches were equally as good, and he was twice as entertaining.

When did I stop liking Punk, when he became this blurry between the lines character that he currently is. This story with Johnny Ace is beyond played out. Its a rehash of Austin/Vince minus everything that was good.

Punk's still putting on some great matches, but his mic work isn't nearly as good as when he's a heel. Hopefully Jericho will bring back some of that old Punk and make him work harder to be entertaining again.

I always like the guy, really enjoyed his in-ring work. (Never was familiar with ROH work). However when I really started thinking he was something special was when he turned heel during his fued with Jeff Hardy. The promo he gave on Smackdown where he basically started the whole "I'm Straight Edge and that make me better than you" act was done brilliantly. That's when I really started being a huge fan of Punk, and he's taken the ball and ran with it. When he says "Best in the world," that's not a claim, it's a statement of fact.

I've always thought he was a great wrestler, but I never really became a big fan of his until the RAW promo when he said he was leaving. He's done a great job at everything he's done though... However when he says best in the world, I disagree, Chris Jericho is the best in the world at everything he does.

I got into Punk around the time when he first debuted in WWECW back in 2006. Granted I wasn't one of the ROH or TNA fans that knew of him, because I was sheltered and naive when it came to wrestling a few years ago. But the unbeaten streak got me to love him. The feud with Hardy was AMAZING, as was the feud with Umaga. The SES was a cool gimmick, but it was a tad annoying at times. No, I'm not a Punk mark. I like him. I think he's fantastic. I've liked him for a few years and I appreciate everything the man has done. So, late 2006, early 2007 is when I stumbled upon this man.

I've liked him since the day he debuted in the WWE, i saw something in him that not many people did (apart from Paul Heyman ;)). I will always be a fan of Punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back