What's your favorite title strap color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Okay so this topic is probably the most random topic ever, and honestly, title straps are usually always black... but every once in a while, a title will be brought in with a different color. Whether it's to fit the character (IE: Warrior with the Gold strap titles) or just to be different (IE: Knockouts white strap).

All I want to know is what is your favorite strap color?

For me, I've always been a fan of white strapped titles. So far, I've only seen about 3 used in wrestling... the IC during Double J's reign, the TNA/IW KO title, and a local indy company that has a white strapped big gold title (doesn't look too bad actually)... and then there's the almost white pink title that Alundra Blayze had which was also unique. But like there's just something about the nice white strap that makes it appeal to me. Sure it's probably a pain to keep clean, but when it is clean, there's no topping it.

Honorable favorite colors are blue and red.

Now I realize that generally the color of the strap doesn't matter, but it doesn't mean we can't have a favorite color strap.

I am not a fan of the different coloured straps, I think they make a belt look less prestigious and more childish. Just personal preference I guess.

I have always liked a black strap with a Gold belt. I think it stands out more, and looks more valuable. Plus as gold is more expensive than pretty much anything else it gives a sense of importance, value and prestige.

My personal favourites are the current World Heavyweight Title belt, which is the best looking belt in wrestling history. It just looks awesome and how a real title should look. Also, the Attitude Era WWE belt with the blue in the centre of the plate was beautiful too. Those are my two favourite belts.

When a belt gets a different coloured strap, like Taz's FTW belt in ECW, the current KO title in TNA or Jeff Hardy's Immortal TNA belt, it just doesnt look as good and makes the belt look more like a toy than a real valuable title belt.

Obviously, the go to strap of choice would be a black one. There is nothing more elegant than looking at a big gold centerpiece canvased by a black strap. Although I will say that a deep dark red looks good with the big gold centerpiece too. Like the TNA TV title, I actually like that. Other than that though, they make them look like shit, and when the IC strap changed colors it made it look like a novelty instead of something prestigious.

I am going to be in the minority here and say that my favorite title strap color is RED for the simple reason of anything looking better in red to me because it's my favorite color. Traditional black straps are always good, but it's been done by everyone. Sometimes it's interesting to see something different. Blue, white, even green could stand out and still look cool. The TNA Television Championship might have less prestige than most of the other titles in the federation, but it sure looks good and that red strap is part of it. That belt stands out from the rest. The same can be said for the TNA Knockout Tag Team Championships, even if they are worth less than the material they were made from. We need more belts that stand out the way those do.

Any color other than black tends to look unsophisticated and unimportant. Colorful strapped titles seem to be discarded pretty quickly - they don't usually have a long tenure. Black strapped titles are the epitome of wrestling gold. Thus, I like black for tradition and aesthetic reasons.

The only time I like different colored belts is if the sport is boxing, and I dig the green and white for some reason. But in wrestling, my choice is black and will always be black just because of how it can transition from era to era and never look stale; black never gets old.

As for the plate itself, I'm more partial to silver honestly. Maybe it's because I see gold in wrestling more often then silver. I really like the ECW Championship that was used a few years ago; even if the belt could never hold a candle to the Big Two, it looked fairly decent in my eyes.

In my opinion, I think the ordinary black colored championship belt strap looks the best and the most professional. I think that other colors look cheap and unprofessional to use for a championship belt. The only color that I would make an exception for is white. I prefer black, but white is the only other color that looks OK.. Not good, but just OK.

I personally like the white strap like the IC title when shawn micheals had it. I always thought that the IC title looked cooler than the world title when I was younger.

I guess black , black goes with anything and its the classic color for the strap

My favorite looking titles are actually the Intercontinental & ECW (Platinum) title belts and those had black straps :shrug:

Usually, I'd have to go with black. It's just a quality, standard color and makes the most sense. Matches what the wrestlers are wearing. Lol.

Still, I will say, that I always thought the white strap on the Intercontinental championship that Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon feuded over. Just had a cool look.

Now, it's been on Women's Championships, so it does take a little away from it all. Nonetheless, I did enjoy it. I also think a dark gray would be cool. The dark blue on the Championship that they awarded Stone Cold was pretty sick, too.

Maroon on the Light-Heavyweight Championship was probably my least favorite color.

16686346.jpg

I generally like the Black Strap on the Championships by default, but one color that stands out in my mind is Goldust’s Intercontinental Title Belt with the Gold Strap. It fits his character and it actually fits the Title to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back