Knockouts Championship Gets a Facelift

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from TNAInsider:

When Impact Wrestling posted a photo on Instagram of their championship belts under the Christmas tree, some people noticed that the classic Knockout’s Championship was missing. It seems that with the move to Destination America, TNA has also redesigned that women’s title. The belt, which used to feature a white strap with an outdated TNA logo, has been modernized. It now features a black leather strap with a similar design, but with updated logos and colors. Check out the photo below.

original.jpg

newkotitle.png

--

Looks like the old white backer strap is out, and a new, matching black one has been added.

The photo(s) aren't terribly detailed, so it's a little difficult to determine how much has changed just based on them, but based on it being next to the others, specifically the World Heavyweight Championship, it doesn't look as dainty and small as it used to.

I like it. The white version looked like a toy more than a belt, which might have something to do with why hardly anyone ever wore it. I'm fine with the belt being black like the others as the white look stood out a bit too much. It's nothing mind blowing and I'm not wild on the crowd, but it's an upgrade, especially if people wear it more than once a year.

I like it too. I actually like all of their belts. Much better then WWE's. I hope they keep emphasis on the title and shore case the look. Smart move TNA the white was just not working anymore.

This one too seems to have that pre-2008 TNA logo. Can't see any logo update here.
The World Heavyweight and X-Division titles have the final TNA logo while the Knockouts and Tag Team titles have the older one. Guess they are sticking with TNA over Impact for the title names.

Looks alright to me. I never really paid real close attention to the KO belt, but I knew it looked better than the Diva belt in WWF.

KA_Title.jpg

TNA_Knockout_championship-300x250.jpg

It appears(atleast from what we can see in the shitty image of the new belt) that the only difference is the black strap replacing the white, a little more prominent gold in place of the silver metal, and the red crown and lettering being switched out for blue(reflecting the current color scheme that TNA uses).

I like the changes, as it makes the belt look very cohesive with the two men's singles titles(especially the World Championship). I also like that its not a brand new overhaul design, that would have been unnecessary as it has always been an overall decent looking belt.

I would now imagine that a tag title belt re-design(though ultimately not needed) will be coming at some point in the next few months.

I think the tag belts are fine but I think if you're going to redo the product I would have changed the name. It leaves a bad taste of what they had become near the end. I thought Impact Wrestling was going to be the new name but with Dixie still calling the shots I don't see much of a change in the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back