What was the best September pay per view in WWE history?

amazing_blue

Pre-Show Stalwart
Every year since 1995, the WWE has given us a pay per view during the month of September. This is often thought of as "down time" for the company, as not too many huge moments have happened during this month and the PPVs usually aren't remembered five or ten years down the line. Add in the fact that the NFL season starts and high-profile Monday night games steal away RAW viewers, and the product often "cools off" around this time. Plus, SummerSlam is held in late August and the next big PPV (Survivor Series) is over two months away.

So what would you guys say has been the best PPV to take place in the month of September?

Unforgiven 2006 sticks in my head -- Cena v. Edge TLC match where Edge went thru 2 tables also had McMahons v. DX hell in a cell

Unforgiven '06 was fucking epic. I loved the TLC match with the sick double table spot at the end of the match. The HIAC was good as well, Trish's final match was a good sendoff and the Nitro & Hardy match was good as the rest of the matches that were in their fued. And oh yeah, it was in Toronto, which made it that much sweeter.

I thought Unforgiven 2002 was a pretty solid show. Undertaker vs. Lesnar was a fresh new feud and planted the seeds for their Hell in a Cell battle a month later. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit added another chapter to their famous rivalry with another great match. Eddie Guerrero and Edge always seemed to work well together. Even though most people here like to complain about Triple H holding RVD back the two delivered a pretty good match. Too bad people are usually too busy bitching about the result instead of giving credit to the match.

Wow there have been some memorable September PPVs since 1995. Some I think that stick out,

Unforgiven 2006-Edge/Cena in TLC,DX vs Mcmahons/Big Show in HIAC,Trish/Lita,etc.

Mind Games:In Your House-mainly for HBK vs Mankind

Unforgiven 2000-Austin's Return,the 4-Way with Rock,Taker,Kane,Chris Benoit,the Steel Cage with E & C vs Hardy Boyz,Raven's WWF/E Debut, etc.

Breaking Point 2009-CM Punk/Undertaker,Randy Orton/John Cena,DX/Legacy highlighted a pretty fun PPV.

Night Of Champions 2010-3 Title changes with Randy Orton,Daniel Bryan,and Michelle Mccool leaving with Gold.

Ground Zero:In Your House-1st meeting with HBK & Undertaker,Bret vs The Patriot,the 4-Way Tag Match, Goldust/Brian Pillman.

Breakdown:In Your House-2 Triple Threat Matches with Austin/Taker/Kane and the other in a Steel Cage with Rock/Shamrock/Mankind. DX vs Southern Justice.

I also like Unforgiven 2003 & 2005 as well.

How about Unforgiven 2008 with the championship scramble matches being introduced. It was a nice concept that worked really well. Also ended that awful first reign of CM Punk. I like Punk, but that title reign sucked.

Wow there have been some memorable September PPVs since 1995. Some I think that stick out,

Unforgiven 2006-Edge/Cena in TLC,DX vs Mcmahons/Big Show in HIAC,Trish/Lita,etc.

Mind Games:In Your House-mainly for HBK vs Mankind

Unforgiven 2000-Austin's Return,the 4-Way with Rock,Taker,Kane,Chris Benoit,the Steel Cage with E & C vs Hardy Boyz,Raven's WWF/E Debut, etc.

Breaking Point 2009-CM Punk/Undertaker,Randy Orton/John Cena,DX/Legacy highlighted a pretty fun PPV.

Night Of Champions 2010-3 Title changes with Randy Orton,Daniel Bryan,and Michelle Mccool leaving with Gold.

Ground Zero:In Your House-1st meeting with HBK & Undertaker,Bret vs The Patriot,the 4-Way Tag Match, Goldust/Brian Pillman.

Breakdown:In Your House-2 Triple Threat Matches with Austin/Taker/Kane and the other in a Steel Cage with Rock/Shamrock/Mankind. DX vs Southern Justice.

I also like Unforgiven 2003 & 2005 as well.

thanks for posting all of those, I had no idea what was in september... i guess of that list i'd have to say mind games was my fav since it was a great hbk match and one of mankind, the character's best matches. Of that whole list though, I'm rather disappointed... September was home of Fall Brawl which of course was the home of WAR GAMES! Wcw definitely had the E beat in this month.

unforgiven 1999 is one of my classic ppvs. the six pack challenge match is one of my favorite matches on the card and the new age outlaws vs e&c for the tag straps. x-pac vs chris jericho.unforgiven 2000 was a great ppv you had stone cold return and my man chris benoit lifted the wwf/e title for the second time in 3 months only to have it taken away again ha. the game vs kurt angle in always good and the tag team steel cage match between the hardy boyz and e&c and for the second year in a row chris jericho vs x-pac. unforgiven 2001 is O.K aswel stone cold vs kurt angle for the wwf/e title. The rock vs booker T and shane o mac for the WcW title RVD vs jericho for the hardcore title.

Number one to me is Unforgiven 2001...From top to bottom that card was spectacular..it was better than most SummerSlams and Survivor Series imo...Tag titles in a 4 way match...real tag teams like Dudleyz, Hardys, and a damn good team in Hurricane and Storm...Edge vs Christian in a ladder match was epic....RVD vs Jericho in hardcore match...even Rock vs Booker T for the WCW title...Hell even Rhyno and Tajiri was good..then of course Austin vs Angle is my top 10.....piledriver on concrete anyone? Yea I cant believe I bought this PPV at Walmart for like 5 bucks...5 bucks well spent...close second would be Unforgiven 2006, Edge vs Cena TLC..even the Hell in a Cell with DX and McMahons and Big Show was really good

I in my opinion think that these ppv's stand out for these matches
1.Unforgiven 2006 Edge Vs John Cena TLC,DX Vs The Mcmahons
2.Night Of Champions 2010 Six Pack Challenge,Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz
3.Unforgiven 2005 John Cena Vs Kurt Angle
Now these are the 3 worst september ppv's ever
1.Breaking Point 2009 it lasted one year and submission matches BORING
2.Unforgiven 2008 it sucked IMO the Jericho Vs Shawn was good but most else sucked
3.Unforgiven 2007 IMO it seemed like it was one of those ppv's no one will remember in 3 years i sure forgot about it only good match on the card was Khali Vs Mysterio Vs Batista
Thanks For Reading

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back