Huge Pay Per View Announcement

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Multiple platforms have reported and it has now been confirmed that this year's Survivor Series will be taking place at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. What this means is that this will be the first pay per view to take place in Toronto since Unforgiven 2006 and the first major pay per view to take place in Toronto since SummerSlam 2004. At this time, it is unknown when tickets will be going on sale and what WWE will look like at that point in time, but all I know is that I'm happy for them and it's nice to see someone finally get a pay per view after that long period of time.

Jesus Christ finally a PPV here in Toronto. Ticket prices will be through the roof but I'm going to be there if this rumour is true. Damm it.

EDIT - Everywhere I can see it still says TBA. No sites I've looked at say Toronto is getting it. Not saying your making it up, but there is literally nothing to go on.

That's huge if you're Canadian I suppose, but otherwise it doesn't feel like THAT big a deal. I hadn't even realized WWE had gone that long without a PPV in Toronto (although Roadblock might sort of, kind of, maybe count).

This doesn't guarantee Survivor Series will mean anything more, but who knows? Maybe Edge, Christian, and Trish Stratus will come out of retirement. Maybe the Bullet Club challenges the Toronto Raptors in an elimination tag match. Maybe Survivor Series is replaced with a re-run of Wrestlemanias VI or XIX. Or maybe it just means Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are in for a nice welcome.

One thing I do know is that this guy just got pissed.

maxresdefault_zps9vrtgduc.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, I would never have guessed it's been 10 years since Toronto hosted a ppv. Unfortunately, they're getting Survivor Series which has become just another throw away event. They definitely deserve one of the major ones...MITB would have been a good one to give them. Toronto is a great WWE city.

Or maybe it just means Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are in for a nice welcome.

No doubt that these guys get a heroes ovation. It's funny to me that wrestling is somewhat of a neutral zone in the Toronto/Montreal rivalry, which encompasses just about all other things.

To your point, I think it would be interesting to have an All-Canadian Survivor Series. I'm not one to just automatically mark out for my countrymen(as WWE thinks we non-Americans just do), but doing something like that in Toronto would present a unique offering to the program. Team Zayn vs Team Owens, that would lead to a hot crowd, I think!

I find it incredibly difficult to not consider Survivor Series a major pay per view. No, it definitely isn't booked like it used to be, but is it still an important pay per view now because besides WrestleMania, it's the longest running pay per view. This upcoming Survivor Series is the 30th annual Survivor Series, which that right there is a major milestone for the pay per view, which I imagine that will get a lot of hype on the actual show.

Toronto has always been a pretty hot crowd for WWE so I'm sure they'll do well gate wise, not to mention a hot crowd usually does make for a better show.

Jesus Christ finally a PPV here in Toronto. Ticket prices will be through the roof but I'm going to be there if this rumour is true. Damm it
The moment I saw that Survivor Series is gonna happen at Toronto, I thought of you surely going to watch it.
Navi said:
EDIT - Everywhere I can see it still says TBA. No sites I've looked at say Toronto is getting it. Not saying your making it up, but there is literally nothing to go on.
Keep fingers crossed.

Happy for all Canadians out here. It's been a really long time since they got a big WWE PPV in Canada.

Good to see that WWE is now holding PPVs in various places out there and that too this time outside US.

Hoping for atleast a Raw here. :worship:

May not be huge news to everyone, but this is definitely big news to the Torontonian fans who have been itching for a PPV for years. I may be biased, but as somebody who always went to the shows in Toronto as a kid, I always felt that our fans were the most appreciative of the wrestlers (not including international hubs like Japan, India, etc.) and I've kind of been resentful that they stopped coming here when we've always given them a great environment.

At this point, as a college student with a hundred bucks to my name I probably won't be attending if SS does end up coming to TO, but I'm excited for the city if it happens.

Multiple platforms have reported and it has now been confirmed that this year's Survivor Series will be taking place at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. What this means is that this will be the first pay per view to take place in Toronto since Unforgiven 2006 and the first major pay per view to take place in Toronto since SummerSlam 2004. At this time, it is unknown when tickets will be going on sale and what WWE will look like at that point in time, but all I know is that I'm happy for them and it's nice to see someone finally get a pay per view after that long period of time.

OH my canada gets a PPV wow stop the presses, alert the media, and let's have a parade. If Canada didn't suck so much you would have more.......Or even better yet make your own promotion and aahahhahahhaahha just kidding you people are too S-A-W-F-T!!!

Of course it is a big deal - it is the first ppv outside the United States in a decade. That's huge and it shows WWE is willing to look outside its comfort zone. It is called WORLD wrestling entertainment, after all.

I guess this shows that the network specials have been a success. Both Roadblock and NXT Takeover: London were highly praised. If that has helped TO get a ppv again, that is brilliant news. The success of Takeover: London is blatantly why we are getting a Network special over here in September too. Tbh that is exactly what the network specials should be used for.

Might even check flight prices out for Survivor Series myself, a long weekend in Toronto sounds like it could be on the agenda, I've not yet been to Canada...

Happy for all Canadians out here.
You shouldn't be. Not all Canadians love that Toronto is the center of the universe. How about some love for western Canada? Vancouver is a world class city. It'd be nice if WWE did the west and itself a favour and realized that there's a market worth cultivating there.

Survivor Series in Toronto? Whatever. But I guess WWE thinks they've done their duty for all Canadian fans this year by giving the 6 a Network special and a PPV.

As it is, I'd rather WWE do something different and fresh for me to watch on the Network -- like a pay per view in Mexico. I'd prefer more of Japan or Europe (and not just England), but let's not get crazy.

Still, I hope everyone in the area enjoys the show and represents our country well.

OH my canada gets a PPV wow stop the presses, alert the media, and let's have a parade. If Canada didn't suck so much you would have more.......Or even better yet make your own promotion and aahahhahahhaahha just kidding you people are too S-A-W-F-T!!!

Looks like we got a hater. At least you can spell.

Exciting news for all. Toronto has great fans that will pop but not get too smarky. Toronto has host two of the best WrestleManias (6 and 17) so there's a high ceiling, and the usual low basement that has become post-90s Survivor Series.

They've had a lot of trouble making the big fall event matter to the current audience. They need to make the traditional SS matches matter by giving them consequences beyond personal glory.

I liked the year where team Bischoff prevailed (I want to say 2004 or 05) and they were all given personal favours from him. It was way too loosely defined and ultimately blown off. I think Steiner used his on a tag title shot that he failed to capitalize on.

What ever they do, they need to make the event matter, and not trot out the obligatory Big Show title shot. The fourth largest city in North America is a great kicking off point for making Survivor Series count.

they need to make the event matter

The team matches at Survivor Series would need to be a combination of the traditional Survivor Series match with WarGames and the Elimination Chamber, but with one ring and a Elimination Chamber style structure that is twice the size of the actual Elimination Chamber and that can hold eight pods instead of four, so that the two starters and the other four guys on the respective teams can be accommodated as far as having a respective pod, and that all ten participants have to enter before eliminations can begin so that all ten guys can be in due to there being teams. One I can think of is Team Owens vs Team Zayn and the other is Team Rollins vs Team Reigns.

How about a Canadian ppv outside of Toronto for a change? Toronto gets more than its fair share from wwe over the year, how about a ppv in Vancouver or Calgary for a change? Strange as it may sound, there is more to Canada than just Toronto.

Personally they feel more like a US Wrestling Entertainment than a World Wrestling Entertainment company so I think they should expand and hold more big events outside of the USA, Give them more of a global feeling company and not just company were very little happens outside of their home US except for a couple of annual tours,
No wonder TNA was the number one watched wrestling company for years here in the UK at least their TV show was free to watch and not like WWE's only on the ridiculously expensive sky sports package here in the UK, We pay nearly double what USA is charged for the network and no proper PPV's held here since Summerslam 92 and its not like that even was a failure it had one of the highest ever attendance for a wrestling event. They overlook their global fans and take them for granted too often.

How about a Canadian ppv outside of Toronto for a change? Toronto gets more than its fair share from wwe over the year, how about a ppv in Vancouver or Calgary for a change? Strange as it may sound, there is more to Canada than just Toronto.

While I agree with you Toronto hasn't had a PPV in 8 years, or a RAW in God knows how long. We get about 3 house shows a year that's it. Well until Roadblock but that was originally a house show before it became a network special.

Montreal seems to get RAW at least once or twice a year, and Ottawa gets SD. They should do PPV's in other cities and maybe this will open the way to getting them there. St. Louis got a couple last year and the year before, I think the WWE should take the show north of the border more often.

While I agree with you Toronto hasn't had a PPV in 8 years, or a RAW in God knows how long. We get about 3 house shows a year that's it. Well until Roadblock but that was originally a house show before it became a network special.

Montreal seems to get RAW at least once or twice a year, and Ottawa gets SD. They should do PPV's in other cities and maybe this will open the way to getting them there. St. Louis got a couple last year and the year before, I think the WWE should take the show north of the border more often.

we got raw in 2012,

hamilton had Smackdown in 2009,

How sad is it that a smaller market like Hamilton Ontario that used to be a regular stop for TV and showsin the 80s has Not seen a PPV since 98's Breakdown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back