What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Simply put, what video game are you currently really into? If you want, give a little description about it, in case you get can others interested in it.

As for me, I'm back into Minecraft. Built my own modpack a while back but just started playing it heavily again a week or two ago. Every now and then I mix in a little Call of Duty: World at War, though I just primarily play Zombie maps. They're hard on single player (especially for someone like me, who hasn't played them much), but they are still fun.

Before Minecraft, I was playing Rust pretty heavily. If you're not familiar with it, Rust is a multiplayer survival game, where you gather resources, build bases and kill other players with guns, rockets, etc.

Been playing Pokemon Yellow and Go. Yellow is a nuzLocke challenge. Pokemon Go Is the standard walk until I find a pidgey. Kinda bored with pokemon go as it seems like only route 1 pokemom are available. I have a few others but it took a while to find them but nothing major.

Also play left for dead 2 a lot on the Xbox one/360. Best zombie gsme imo. Pretty hard on difficult and it's best to play with friends.

I'm currently playing several.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii U)
A remake of one of the very best in this legendary series. I love this new version. Highly recommended to anyone who missed out on the original one. I was in a bit of a rush to get through it on the original a decade ago so this time I am making it a priority to go about it at a relaxed pace so I can enjoy everything about this great game. The sidequests, the music, the graphics, just everything. No Zelda fan should miss out on it! I just got to the Lakebed Temple, so I still have enough left to keep me busy for the rest of summer.

Final Fantasy 6 (PC)
Another great remake that I'm working my way through. Has beautiful updated graphics and includes the new content from the GBA version that was not in the SNES version. I need to get back into this, my walkthrough that I was writing for it in another thread in this section left off right as the new Dragon Den sidequest starts. I took a break for a bit to play some other titles although I'll be jumping back into this shortly.

Final Fantasy 4 The After Years (PC)
This is a sequel to FF4, which was one of my personal favorites. It follows the original taking place a few years later where you get to play as the original playable cast as well as some of the next generation such as Cecil's son, Yang's daughter, to name a few. At first you do multiple origin chapters with each led by one of the main characters before everyone comes together in the final quest. It's worth looking into if you liked the original.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Replaying these again due to sudden nostalgia a couple of weeks ago. I liked them enough 15 years back to finish both and complete a linked game (Seasons to Ages). I'm loving them even more this time around and plan on getting the full experience by doing both potential linked games (Seasons to Ages, and Ages to Seasons). Not quite as great as the other Game Boy era title, Link's Awakening, but a fun couple of titles that are still fun to play today.

Earthbound Beginnings (NES)
Technically, I'm still playing this. I got it on the Wii U Virtual Console when it first got released last year, but I stopped at Mt Itoi to do some levelling up due to the colossal spike in difficulty that happens there. This is the prequel to Earthbound and although it is difficult to the point of being downright cruel at times, it has a number of hilarious moments too and lots of great 8 bit music. Recommended to all Earthbound fans. I plan on getting back into this one soon too.

Xbox One :

NHL 16
Elder Scrolls Online
Alien Isolation
C.O.D Black OPs 3
Minecraft (not much)

PS4 :

Witcher 3
Need for Speed Rivals
Uncharted 4 (Completed. Awesome game)

Is Witcher 3 worth playing? I've seen a lot of hype for it, but I've never really looked into it.

Honestly, the first couple of hours I really wasn't convinced or pulled into the game. The main character is basically Batman in a fantasy world, but he was the only interesting part for awhile. The more I play it though, the more it's growing on me. It's kind of a quasi Skyrim but with a great main character you couldn't create on your own. I'm not crazy about the camera as it seems to be on a jet engine track. Some enemies/bosses are all HP and not much of a challenge. But I highly suggest breaking off from the main story and just going off on your own to explore the huge, huge map.

Is Witcher 3 worth playing? I've seen a lot of hype for it, but I've never really looked into it.

Massive open world.
Lots of RP.
Lots to do.
Awesome combat system.

I've spent probably over 150 hours playing the thing and haven't gotten bored. If you don't care about a particularly strong story, I'd highly recommend it.

As for what I'm playing now, just finishing up Far Cry 4. I found 3 much more enjoyable.

I forgot Smite for Xbox One. Even though I haven't found a god I really like yet, the game keeps drawing me back. Played it awhile ago but quit due to getting destroyed by everyone online. I still get ruled but I'll plug away anyway.

I've been playing Battlefront exclusively for 6 months. The DLCs have been great and if you love the movie franchise you'll love the game as it stays true.

Witcher 3 is definitely worth it. I agree it took me a bit to get into but once the ball starts rolling you can't put it down. Just endless amounts of stuff to do.

I am kind of in limbo with my games as i am mostly jumping back and forth between WWE 2k16 and Rocket League. I don't have a lot of free time for now so it's just quick ones for the moment. I definitely will have more time for when Final Fantasy XV comes out in September. Looking forward to No Man's Sky, but I doubt I'll be able to put as much into that one as I want to.

Smizzy, I've seen horrible and great reviews online for Battlefront. Huge fan of the series and I think it looks great and the price isn't too steep either now. Should I pick it up? what are the pros and cons?

A year ago, I used to play wrestling games like WWE 2K15, WWE 2K16 etc.

Then I started playing Sleeping Dogs. Ended it multiple times. Loved the game a lot. 100 levels were interesting enough to make me tune into it every day.

Nowadays I play FIFA 2K16 in career mode. Currently managing Manchester City FC in year 2018. And also Uruguay. Gonna try making Uruguay win World Cup. Started from Semi Pro level, now onto legend level.

I was playing Doom on PS4 for a few months, until the multiplayer started getting too repetitive. Plus the other players started getting so ridiculously acclimated to the maps that I was getting sniped pretty often, plus it was pretty annoying when I'd end up on a team of dip-shits and they'd all be farting around on the other side of the map when I'd get a demon rune but wouldn't be able to use it properly because I'd be getting mobbed by the other team. All you really win by earning points is pride and customizations, you get all the weapons and power-ups before earning prestige 1.

I got back into Fallout 4, just because it's just a very zen game. Playing on Survival mode is making the game much more enthralling. You get to a point where you think that you're so ridiculously overpowered that you can make the game your bitch, and then the game steps up the difficulty unexpectedly by allowing common enemies to cloak and giving them mini-nuke launchers.

I bought Samurai Warriors 4 for $11, and yeah. It's a shined up button masher that really doesn't add anything new to a genre that's more than outwaited its welcome. The only challenge in this game is in that the artificial intelligence of your allies is always set to suicidal, and you have to protect them more in this game than in any of the other Koei games.

I'm anticipating The Last Guardian, which is supposed to come out this October. It'll be nice to finally get some kind of sequel to Shadow of the Colossus. I'm also anticipating Shenmue 3, of which I backed their Kickstarter so I'll be getting a copy when it's finally released in December of 2017.

I gave up my Xbox a few years ago, I was starting to find less time to play and less interest in newer games. When I do have any extended periods of down time these days I play Final Fight. I went on a serious Donkey Kong Country bender for a while earlier this year but now its all Final Fight which IMO is pretty much the greatest arcade game ever. Mayor Mike Haggar doesn't fight crime from his office like a pussy mayor, he fights crime where it lives...the streets

I'm currently jumping between Farcry: Primal, & Twilight Princess. Though I may go back to Witcher 3 since I have a few days off coming up next week. Occasionally I throw Street Fighter V in if I just want something to kill a time with for a 20-30 mins.

Right now I'm really enjoying Elder Scrolls online. Its a good time killer until Resident Evil 7 comes out.

Did you download the Beginning Hour of Resident Evil? I have it on the PS4 but presume it was made available on other consoles too. Haven't played it yet though, looks amazing but I'm a bit of a wuss with creepy atmospheric stuff - see also the crying kids in Dying Light. They genuinely fucked with my head for almost a solid week after I found one for the first time.

My internet has suddenly turned dreadful so online games are off the menu for me at the moment so I've been alternating between season mode on Rocket League and Doom.

On my phone I've been rotating between Angry Birds Pop and Score Hero, either are perfect for a train commute or toilet time.

Minesweeper on Windows XP.

It's an advanced combat game, where you carefully need to bypass into enemy area without stepping over any mines. Once you do that you win. It's a very challenging game and requires lots of thought, memory and methematic equations, in order to find the correct path.

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
Another one that I'm currently playing. I'm a little late to the party on this one but I had been told that as one of the forum's resident Zelda fans, that I was missing out. These posters were right. I'm not very far yet, just beat the Eastern Palace, but am enjoying it. I love how they use the world from A Link To The Past (which is still the best Zelda game) while adding new elements. The moving horizontally on walls function is pretty cool too. I literally bought a 2DS just for this game. I don't regret that decision.

Currently running a Fascist Australia with John Curtin as it's dictator in Hearts of Iron IV.

Always been interested by the intense strategy games Paradox makes, this is my first dive in.

Otherwise, I'm always playing Rocket League. My partner has started Stardew Valley so it's been a joy watching her discover everything that wonderful game has to offer.

Did you download the Beginning Hour of Resident Evil? I have it on the PS4 but presume it was made available on other consoles too. Haven't played it yet though, looks amazing but I'm a bit of a wuss with creepy atmospheric stuff - see also the crying kids in Dying Light. They genuinely fucked with my head for almost a solid week after I found one for the first time.

My internet has suddenly turned dreadful so online games are off the menu for me at the moment so I've been alternating between season mode on Rocket League and Doom.

On my phone I've been rotating between Angry Birds Pop and Score Hero, either are perfect for a train commute or toilet time.

Beginning Hour is very eerie. There's 4 possible endings to it that I've discovered so far. IDK know how I feel about the new RE game being in 1st person though. I love the RE franchise and whenever they've done one in 1st person it's been less than enjoyable. Also, this game is sporting an all new cast. IDK if it's going to have some of the regulars or not but I know that we're not going to be playing with one. They've built up a pretty decent universe, why not stick to that?

If Beginning Hour is any indication though, this game is going to look great and be scary as all hell.

I'm also looking forward to the Friday the 13th game coming out. That looks awesome.

Now that I have a beefier computer, I've finally decided to go back and play some Skyrim on the PC. It's a much slower game than I remember and I realize I've gotten to the point where I hate spending so much time with dialogue.

It's still fun, but I don't see myself finishing it on PC.
I'm currently playing Grand Theft Auto V. Anyone have any advice?
Don't play online. Too many hackers, from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back