What Unsigned Indy Talent would You like to be signed by NXT/WWE?

showtyme27

The New Mr.WWE, Beat Me if You can!
I have always loved the wild debates that go on in threads like these so please hold nothing back in Your honest opinions. There are a ton of people I would love to get the chance to shine on the grand stage so to speak but I choose people that have not had there "Big Shot" just yet... In no particular order...

Keith Lee: What an incredible untapped talent He is. Great In the ring, very Charismatic and the type of talent WWE has wisely learn to embrace rather than shun. He doesn't have a prototypical "WWE Look" but much in the vain of Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Killian Dain/Big Damo, Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno, ECT... He is a true Freak of nature talent that deserves the brightest spotlight.

War Machine: I would absolutely love to see Hanson and Rowe run roughshod over The WWE's lackluster Tag Division. These Guys are Monsters that could transition to singles careers for one or both, for lack of a better example I consider Them to be a more talented version of The Authors of Pain (Who I Love...) in NxT.

Ricochet: I know this one is a gimme but let's face facts WWE can use all of the compelling Cruiserweights They can find and why not start with The King of the Independent Cruiserweights. I think He will become a WAY more balanced wrestler adapting WWE's slower pace. Unlike most I think He will be better with a little censorship and editing. It won't be to hard for Him as I thought He did an excellent job with this as Prince Puma in Lucha Underground.

Marty Scurll: He could potentially become WWE's version of Connor McGregor. Very talented, highly charismatic and most importantly He knows His wrestling identity which means He will be an asset muck like Neville and Austin Aires. I have little doubt in My mind He will become a huge star.

Kazuchika Okada: The hottest most charismatic Japanese Superstar outside of Shinsuke Nakamura. Much like Nakamura I believe He could be an unlikely success story, with His wrestling ability, untapped character potential and Youth. I think He has all the tools of becoming A Main Event talent but one... The language barrier but with that being said You don't necessarily have to be a genius of the microphone to become a Star nowadays.

Honorable Mentions to... Micheal Elgin, Kota Ibushi, Dalton Castle( forget the gimmick, one hell of a talent... limitless potential), Kenny Omega, Adam Cole, The Young Bucks, ACH, Cage, Fénix, Drago, Willie "Da" Mack, Angélico, Jack Evans, Pentagon Dark, Son of Havok/ M-Dogg 20/ Matt Cross, Johnny Mundo/John Morrison(Lucha Underground),Ethan Carter III, Jay Lethal, Leo Rush, Punisher Martinez, Donovan Dijak, Silas Young and those are the ones just off the top of My head.

For going to / signing to WWE: War Machine I saw you mentioned, and I can back that idea quite a bit. I can see them being a huge asset even if just temporary on the Main Roster and especially in NXT. Keith Lee actually is under Evolve contract right now I think and had wrestled Chris Hero right before his signing to NXT. So it wouldn't be surprising maybe seeing him around NXT in a few months down the road. Also with seeing how they can handle U.K. talent as well as they can I think Scurll once out of ROH contract could be a very hot talent to grab for nearly anywhere he is placed.

If they can grab Ricochet / Puma it'd be a great addition and people would enjoy his matches regardless of what people think. I honestly think he would of been somewhere different than he is now almost 100% without that Lucha Underground contract. It's really crippled him, but I don't think he realized the landscape of pro-wrestling outside of WWE to rise so much in a short time. Just getting out the way that Will and of course Mark Andrews would be a great addition and may even be more valuable than ricochet.

Jay Lethal, would love to see. He is a great pro-wrestler, and I think they might want another black star sooner or later. Also Lio Rush can be used where the plot hole in Cedric Alexander was found. He can be a great 205, NXT, or tag addition. Very young great athlete that one way or another being a black pro-wrestler might benefit him regardless of it not being in regards to skill or anything. Fenix as well would be a great one to throw in here for similar reasons. Less to do on the racial deal, but it doesn't hurt with that current absence they could use being strongly based in North America. Anyone who has seen his Lucha U. Title match win against Mil knows how valuable Fenix can be to WWE.

Micheal E. Would also be another great add. He's just a type of complete package I'd enjoy seeing on Raw or NXT instead of NJPW or something. On the topic of big or muscle guys Jeff Cobb comes to mind. Former Olympian who has inhuman strength and the build of a tree trunk. He is also known as Matanza, on Lucha Underground. Silas Young here. Could be a great addition to NXT, and maybe eventually Smackdown or so. Cage is a big money draw waiting to happen if he is ever used to full potential. If you polished him, and safely booked him on RAW especially he could be an absolute monster. I'm not saying Lesnar post Undertaker or Cena Summerslam level, but he really could be near that.

Kind of on the Jack Evans type guy deal. Yeah, totally. I don't see a reason why not if you have room or an actual use for them. Jack, Son of Havok, Angelico, and even ACH would be a great addition if you even just wanted them sitting there. Drago, kind of the same thing here and what I said about Fenix. I don't think they should do his full out Lucha U. gimmick or whatever, but it REALLY wouldn't hurt to have a guy of his caliber when you're wasting money on a Tony Nese, TJ Perkins, and even Kendrick is kind of whatever. With the NXT guys of course going up, Hardys returning, and guys like Shelton being cleared finally I don't think seeing some of these dudes filling out NXT would hurt.

Short others: Mundo, Completely. Him + PJ Black would be tight. Same deal for Taya, and Ivelisse. Even if just for the womens tournament some of those chicks would be cool just to see. The Mack, Yeah. He could run on undercard / midcard smackdown and even be pretty entertaining on NXT. Better than what they got through Apollo Crews for sure. EC 3, Yes.

I love Ibushi, Castle, Omega, Cole, Bucks, Pentagon, Naito, Zack Sabre, Cody, The Briscoes, Takahashi, etc and would love them where they are at. However I'd love for them if they were happier and got a bigger check to wrestle with whatever in WWE. Between Hideo Itami & Nakamura being somewhat of a disaster and the awful Lovelace & Tommy End debuts I'd prefer them to continue to grab a few at a time and 3 of the 5 get star level. One flounders and eventually finds their place, and then the other is stuck, leaves, or just doesn't fit. They haven't messed up a lot though, so I can't hate or judge them critically, but the fear as a fan and supporter of the wrestlers I like is there.

Also: Bully Ray, Shelton, Christopher Daniels, Bobby fish, Hangman Page, TY O'Ryan, Jay White, and Pete Dunne are guys I'd REALLY enjoy jumping over if given the opportunity.

Keith Lee: What an incredible untapped talent He is. Great In the ring, very Charismatic and the type of talent WWE has wisely learn to embrace rather than shun. He doesn't have a prototypical "WWE Look" but much in the vain of Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Killian Dain/Big Damo, Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno, ECT... He is a true Freak of nature talent that deserves the brightest spotlight.

Don't really know who this guy is. If it's who I'm thinking of, he's a 300 lbs. African American wrestler sometimes called "Blackzilla" and he has some good buzz out there but the problem with the indy scene is that it seems damn near everybody has buzz and their own cluster of fans proclaiming them to be the greatest of all time so it's a matter of weeding out those who really have it from those who're just a lot of hype.

War Machine: I would absolutely love to see Hanson and Rowe run roughshod over The WWE's lackluster Tag Division. These Guys are Monsters that could transition to singles careers for one or both, for lack of a better example I consider Them to be a more talented version of The Authors of Pain (Who I Love...) in NxT.

The AOP are still green, but that's to be expected given that each of them haven't been in wrestling but for a few years. At the same time, however, I don't see the point in bringing in another monster tag team just for the sake of having them. Besides, Akam and Rezar are a good 10+ years younger than War Machine so there's potentially more of an upside to be had from them.

Ricochet: I know this one is a gimme but let's face facts WWE can use all of the compelling Cruiserweights They can find and why not start with The King of the Independent Cruiserweights. I think He will become a WAY more balanced wrestler adapting WWE's slower pace. Unlike most I think He will be better with a little censorship and editing. It won't be to hard for Him as I thought He did an excellent job with this as Prince Puma in Lucha Underground.

Reportedly, WWE has made several offers to him in the past but he says that there are other things he wants to do before going to WWE. That can be a risky venture given his style of wrestling in that waiting too long might cause him to wear out his body and WWE would find themselves with another Hideo Itami on their hands: a guy that's a top level talent and has a lot of buzz but has become increasingly injury prone due to a combination of a very physical style of wrestling and getting older.

Marty Scurll: He could potentially become WWE's version of Connor McGregor. Very talented, highly charismatic and most importantly He knows His wrestling identity which means He will be an asset muck like Neville and Austin Aires. I have little doubt in My mind He will become a huge star.

Scurll could be a lot of fun as WWE could easily use him in the Cruiserweight Division or as part of the show they're currently putting together to be filmed in the UK and air on the WWE Network. The problem is that Scurll looks to be firmly locked within ROH for quite a while. He's currently ROH World Television Champion, has been the champ for 135 days or so and it's probably unlikely that he'll be even thinking of going anywhere anytime soon.

Kazuchika Okada: The hottest most charismatic Japanese Superstar outside of Shinsuke Nakamura. Much like Nakamura I believe He could be an unlikely success story, with His wrestling ability, untapped character potential and Youth. I think He has all the tools of becoming A Main Event talent but one... The language barrier but with that being said You don't necessarily have to be a genius of the microphone to become a Star nowadays.

Okada is not an indie star, New Japan Pro Wrestling is not an indie company. Okada is ultimately the new Hiroshi Tanahashi and has stated numerous times that he has no interest in going to WWE and that he only wants to help New Japan grow. Okada is also making huge money in New Japan; reportedly, Okada made the equivalent of $2.2 million in New Japan in 2016, which is close to 10% of New Japan's total revenue. Okada is treated like a god in Japan, especially within New Japan Pro Wrestling itself, he makes far and away more money than anyone else on the roster and works a minor schedule when compared to WWE. Of all the guys you listed, this is the one least likely to even give WWE a thought, let alone actually go there.

Honorable Mentions to... Micheal Elgin, Kota Ibushi, Dalton Castle( forget the gimmick, one hell of a talent... limitless potential), Kenny Omega, Adam Cole, The Young Bucks, ACH, Cage, Fénix, Drago, Willie "Da" Mack, Angélico, Jack Evans, Pentagon Dark, Son of Havok/ M-Dogg 20/ Matt Cross, Johnny Mundo/John Morrison(Lucha Underground),Ethan Carter III, Jay Lethal, Leo Rush, Punisher Martinez, Donovan Dijak, Silas Young and those are the ones just off the top of My head.

WWE has made offers to LOTS of those you named but they're not interested. Kota Ibushi was the one originally pegged to win the Cruiserweight Classic last year but they couldn't come to an agreement so it didn't happen. If you believe Adam Cole, the guy just seems to live his life one day at a time without giving thought to the future; at least, that's what he said in a recent interview when asked about going to WWE. Kenny Omega had the perfect opportunity to head to WWE as, for about a month, he was the most talked about wrestler in the world but the momentum has faded and now he's almost becoming just another guy on the roster in New Japan. The Young Bucks are guys I personally can't stand; to me, they're the epitome of overrated spot monkeys and they seem to be more than happy doing what they're doing. Also, a lot of the guys listed like Silas Young, Punishment Martinez, Jack Evans, Matt Cross and a few others are either nobodies or are at an age where there's not a lot of upside. Usually, the only time WWE signs anyone in their mid to late 30s are if they're wrestlers who've generated some significant level of sustained national or even international buzz like Styles, Nakamura, Joe or Roode. WWE also has to be careful when it comes to the luchadores because the whole thing with the original Sin Cara, AKA Mistico, was a fiasco given that the guy had no real interest in learning English and botched every other move he performed.

Don't really know who this guy is. If it's who I'm thinking of, he's a 300 lbs. African American wrestler sometimes called "Blackzilla" and he has some good buzz out there but the problem with the indy scene is that it seems damn near everybody has buzz and their own cluster of fans proclaiming them to be the greatest of all time so it's a matter of weeding out those who really have it from those who're just a lot of hype.

If You are not familiar You have to check this Guy out, I saw Him just one time and instantly became a huge fan. I love Guys who don't have the prototypical look that can create shock and awe with Their incredible in ring prowess. Like You said this is just My opinion, I honestly hope He has generated some buzz maybe I will get a chance to see Him rub elbows on the big show sooner rather than later.

The AOP are still green, but that's to be expected given that each of them haven't been in wrestling but for a few years. At the same time, however, I don't see the point in bringing in another monster tag team just for the sake of having them. Besides, Akam and Rezar are a good 10+ years younger than War Machine so there's potentially more of an upside to be had from them.

I love these Guys, I think They are great for such a short time in the business. IMO The WWE's Tag Team Division is seriously lackluster on both Main shows, They can use all the help They can get. Hanson and Rowe are excellent singles competitors and a great Tag Team, I think They wold add value to any brand They were assigned to in any role They were assigned to. Every great Team needs a formidable challenge and just think of how much experience and knowledge The AoP could gather in a short span by working with War Machine.

Reportedly, WWE has made several offers to him in the past but he says that there are other things he wants to do before going to WWE. That can be a risky venture given his style of wrestling in that waiting too long might cause him to wear out his body and WWE would find themselves with another Hideo Itami on their hands: a guy that's a top level talent and has a lot of buzz but has become increasingly injury prone due to a combination of a very physical style of wrestling and getting older.

Much like The aforementioned Tag Division, The Cruiserweight Division is in desperate need of viable Challengers. Don't get My wrong Neville is doing an admirable job as The King of the Cruiserweights but needs realistic opposition... Let's hope He signs before He burns out.

Scurll could be a lot of fun as WWE could easily use him in the Cruiserweight Division or as part of the show they're currently putting together to be filmed in the UK and air on the WWE Network. The problem is that Scurll looks to be firmly locked within ROH for quite a while. He's currently ROH World Television Champion, has been the champ for 135 days or so and it's probably unlikely that he'll be even thinking of going anywhere anytime soon.

Damn! You are probably right but this is just A dream wishlist so to speak so A Man can dream can't He? LoL... I think He would set The Cruiserweight Division on fire and take it to the next level.

Okada is not an indie star, New Japan Pro Wrestling is not an indie company. Okada is ultimately the new Hiroshi Tanahashi and has stated numerous times that he has no interest in going to WWE and that he only wants to help New Japan grow. Okada is also making huge money in New Japan; reportedly, Okada made the equivalent of $2.2 million in New Japan in 2016, which is close to 10% of New Japan's total revenue. Okada is treated like a god in Japan, especially within New Japan Pro Wrestling itself, he makes far and away more money than anyone else on the roster and works a minor schedule when compared to WWE. Of all the guys you listed, this is the one least likely to even give WWE a thought, let alone actually go there.

I really don't consider NJPW an indie company either, just wanted to add Okada to My list. Everybody currently in The WWE front AJ Styles to Kevin Owens stated at one point or another They had no interest in joining The WWE. I personally never put much stock in those comments as WWE has the unlimited funds and resources to change Anyone's mind. I did not know He was making that type of money. If He is then I can definitely see why He would never want to set foot inside A WWE ring but as a fan I hope somehow someway it come to fruition.

WWE has made offers to LOTS of those you named but they're not interested. Kota Ibushi was the one originally pegged to win the Cruiserweight Classic last year but they couldn't come to an agreement so it didn't happen. If you believe Adam Cole, the guy just seems to live his life one day at a time without giving thought to the future; at least, that's what he said in a recent interview when asked about going to WWE. Kenny Omega had the perfect opportunity to head to WWE as, for about a month, he was the most talked about wrestler in the world but the momentum has faded and now he's almost becoming just another guy on the roster in New Japan. The Young Bucks are guys I personally can't stand; to me, they're the epitome of overrated spot monkeys and they seem to be more than happy doing what they're doing. Also, a lot of the guys listed like Silas Young, Punishment Martinez, Jack Evans, Matt Cross and a few others are either nobodies or are at an age where there's not a lot of upside. Usually, the only time WWE signs anyone in their mid to late 30s are if they're wrestlers who've generated some significant level of sustained national or even international buzz like Styles, Nakamura, Joe or Roode. WWE also has to be careful when it comes to the luchadores because the whole thing with the original Sin Cara, AKA Mistico, was a fiasco given that the guy had no real interest in learning English and botched every other move he performed.

I love WWE but apart of The problem They consistently have is improper use of Their talent. I understand Everybody can't be a Star but They could book Them in a way that allows Us as Fans to respect, value and in some case anoint Jobbers and Low Card Workers.ROH does a great job of it and in some cases to a much lesser extent I feel like NXT does a decent job of doing this. IMO The WWE needs to utilize The incredible roster it has and learn to create and maintain New Stars. IMO signing any good/great worker even if only for a short time can only help the young talent on the roster evolve into better workers Themselves.

MARTY SCURLL
A great in ring Tallent and at the age of28 has many years left in the business. Also with WWE wanting to establish a presence in the UK, Scurll could be the ideal person to build a promotion around in Britain.

WILLIE MACK/THE MACK
I've been a fan of this guy from before he signed with Lucha Underground and I have to say he is one of the most exciting Tallents I have seen in quite a while and is stupidly agile for a guy his size.

REDRAGON
O'Reilly and Fish have become one of the best tag teams on the planet since debuting in 2012 and one can't help but make comparisons between them and RAW's newest tag team, the Revival and with the likes of the the Ealy Brothers and Heavy Machinery not really impressing as of yet, NXT could really do with a tag team of there calibre.

KILLER ELITE SQUAD
Another great hard hitting Tag Team that could really give the Authors of Pain a run for there money.

Definitely Jay Lethal and Adam Cole

Jay Lethal would definitely be able to fit in NXT especially going for that NXT Championship and not to mention he and Roode go way back all the way back to the TNA days

But also with Jay Lethal he has charisma all around wrestling ability and he is a high flyer too

He would be a perfect babyface or even a heel in NXT because he can play both

Same goes for Adam Cole he has the natural look of a WWE superstar not to mention he has it all...charisma through the roof his catchphrase of Adam Cole Bay Bay and he can wrestle he can actually go in the ring and not to mention he can fly too

Not to mention Adam Cole he could also help NXT grow as a brand by carrying it on his back hell he could play both as a face or even as a heel in NXT he would make it the place to be much like AJ Styles does on Smackdown Live right now

Personally, I would continue to do what they did and to see who is leaving impact wrestling and just signing those guys.

You got guys like eli drake, james storm, bram and even women like rosemary, sienna, laurel and alli that would fit perfectly for nxt/wwe.

E
LI
DRAKE

The WWE needs guys who can actually talk. Eli Drake has natural charisma and has the incresignly rare ability to cut an old school kind of promo. He's also pretty solid in the ring and I could see him as a decent midcard guy. The problem is that he's 34. They could bring him in to jsut work NXT, knowing he wouldn't have much longevity on the main roster. NXT needs some more depth, and this would be a good depth move.

Another guy I don't think anyone has mentioned is THE MACHINE CALLED CAGE. Brian Cage is one of the better guy in Lucha Underground, and he has the prototypical WWE look. He reminds me of an 80s wrestler with his physoque and intensity, and if he was positioned properly he could get over in NXT or WWE. He's 33 so that's a bit of a problem again but the guy is athletic and has a lot of upside.

But of course since he's jacked hardcore fans with automatically start booing him.

I'd also love to see Mike Bennett and Maria together in WWE. I think that's a great act overall, and Bennett is a heel that actually cares about being a heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back