Bob Ryder: TNA Should Get Aggressive After Unsigned ROH Talent?

Well ... what else were they going to do prior to Destination America? They ran iPPVs and had live events. It's not like they had to chug out a full blown television show for a normal network under a normal contract and a normal time slot, maybe tour, maybe do it live, spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on production.

Live events is all they could do. It's all indy feds do.

Once they try to up the production, get more people on board, start spending more money, watch how their live events will start to melt a little bit.

Plus, can we please get better arguments as to why ROH is superior? "They do more live events" is not really valid. Even if they do, even if the crowds are bigger, the margin ain't mind blowing.

They're right below TNA, and they're creeping up on them. That I can agree with.

Well, no. It's more like TNA is right below ROH. At least if we're accounting for roughly the last years' worth of live events. Outside the UK tour TNA did, their actual States-side live events turnouts were not very good.

Well ... what else were they going to do prior to Destination America? They ran iPPVs and had live events. It's not like they had to chug out a full blown television show for a normal network under a normal contract and a normal time slot, maybe tour, maybe do it live, spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on production.

Live events is all they could do. It's all indy feds do.

Eh, they had a weekly TV show that is about to have its 200th episode and before that had been on TV for two years on HDNet where they had 124 episodes. So they had everything they have now this time last year, only cable TV exposure, but their biggest exposure is still coming from syndicated TV where they're in over 45% of the US on Sinclair Broadcasting stations, New England Sports Network, Cox Communications stations and some local stations like WATL in Atlanta and some station in Dallas.

Once they try to up the production, get more people on board, start spending more money, watch how their live events will start to melt a little bit.

I'm not going to doubt that. It's not happened yet but their live event/house show business should fall off, or so you would think, considering they need everything big for TV tapings and PPV's, but then again Sinclair has been pretty smart with how it markets ROH through all their SBG stations so I wouldn't say that'll necessarily happen.

Plus, can we please get better arguments as to why ROH is superior? "They do more live events" is not really valid. Even if they do, even if the crowds are bigger, the margin ain't mind blowing.

It actually is.

Not one, single, solitary person on this planet has had to pay TNA personally for a ticket to a TNA show since January of this year. In that span of time ROH has held something like 23 shows and have gotten crowds of 800 upwards, in some cases going near 2,000. That's where it matters.

They're right below TNA, and they're creeping up on them. That I can agree with.

Internationally, TNA is superior.

Domestically, ROH is superior. More people watching, in more homes, better business in all departments, they're stable, prospering and their management is competent and has the, "we build steadily, this isn't a race" ideology.

Oh, and have I mentioned Austin Aries is back?

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/breaking-news-former-2x-roh-world-champion-returning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back