What PPV Names / Concepts Should WWE Bring Back?

ECW Sandman

Getting Noticed By Management
It's been a Decade since the last WCW PPV besides The Great American Bash what old WCW PPV Name/ Concept would you like to see WWE bring backas a PPV again.

I would love to see Fall Brawl/War Games The Match Beyond That PPV was so awesome I don't know why but I just loved seeing two rings at one time it was different and when you close lined some one they fell in to the other ring it was a great PPV.

The Second PPV I would love to see come back in the WWE would be Halloween Havoc I know they have Hell In A Cell and now Unforgiven ( Again ) but Halloween Havoc was the only PPV besides The Great American Bash that went with the month it was in except when WWE had it in June but it was a week away from July 4th but Halloween Havoc was in October on or around Halloween it was a great ppv for the Month of October although some of the concepts of the matches were very lame and god awful but the name fit the month October Halloween.

I definitely think they should bring back the WCW War Games or at least give the Elimination Chamber a new War Games-like style. I would love to see Team Punk Vs Team Triple H or Team Kevin Nash in War Games. I think right now is the perfect time to bring it back. And I think Survivor Series is a very fitting Pay Per View for a War Games match.

Wait, Unforgiven is back? Since when? I thought it was Vengeance they brought back and not Unforgiven.

Anyway, I'd like to see War Games brought back too. Even if it was a one time thing. WWE are supposed to be on the fence about it though. They have the Elimination Chamber and the Hell In A Cell, two cage matches made by their brand. War Games is an NWA created idea and Vince supposedly doesn't like doing things WWE can't place their label on, so my immediate idea, would be take War Games and somehow change it so that they can place their label over it.

After that, there isn't anything I can see WWE bringing back to fit with their product. I always wanted them to bring back Barley Legal back when ECW was ressurected, but Extreme Rules pretty much does the job. And Night of Champions was really WCW's only other idea that WWE had no version of, and they've already got that. They can't bring in World War III for example, as one, it sucked. And two, WWE already got the much better version in the Royal Rumble.

Why is everyone on these boards trying to relive the past?

"What PPV/names do you want back" "What matches should they bring back?" "Is the AE making a comeback?"

Stop living in the past! Look toward the future. Stop asking what they should bring back and ask what they need to do to improve!

Im tired of seeing these threads about what WWE needs to resurrect from the past. At least 1 or 2 of them a day pop up.

**NOTE TO MODS**
Im sorry if this is viewed as spam but I had to say it.

I always found it particularly interesting that in many of the SVR games, you could play a Tornado Tag version of the Elimination Chamber, yet the idea was never utilised in the actual WWE. Whether or not that's just due to the fact that it wouldn't particularly work and would be unbalanced and hard to book, or whether it's just because they don't want to be viewed as copying War Games is uncertain.

Otherwise, I don't see much that's worth bringing back. Except maybe bringing the spirit back into Survivor Series. The 5-on-5 matches CAN be good if they're built properly.

I think they should bring back "Battle Bowl: The Lethal Lottery". I always liked the odd ball tag teams that sometimes were pitted against each other but had to work together to get to the battle royal. Sometimes the teams could coexist, other times they would implode. Remember when Sting was partnered with Abdullah the Butcher... Abdullah seemed all for it then beat the crap out of Sting. If you're not familiar with Starcade 91, I am including the Wikipedia link and I'm sure it's on youtube. Sometimes I miss WCW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starrcade_(1991)

I would love to see Starrcade come back as a PPV. I'm also a big fan of Halloween Havoc, but I think that should be more a 3 hour RAW, like they did last year with KOTR. I thought Cyber Sunday was cool, too, but I guess the Viewer's Choice kinda takes care of that. And even tho it was absolutely ridiculous, I loved World War 3... New Year's Revolution was cool too. I'd rather have that then Vengeance... Or they could make NYR a three hour RAW, and replace Vengeance with Halloween Havoc...
But in respect to looking to the past to look to the future, these are all strictly for nostalgia's sake. I would realistically love to see WWE actually CUT some PPVs and improve on building the remaining ones. Most of the PPVs we have in the fall here are all ancillary anyway.

Definitely War Games!

Actually, I think it's possible that it could happen again too. I've seen and read in places that HHH was a huge fan of the concept and has pitched for it in the past. Bearing that in mind, I could definitely see a return with HHH having a lot of say behind the scenes now.

This thread seems to come up a lot and I will always fall into wreckingcrew804's camp!
Lethal Lottery is a great concept and doesn't really need much in the way of building up.

Starrcade91 is one of my favourite PPVs of all time.
A real shame they didn't really keep it up in WCW either...

Suppose the Battle Royale bit is a bt of an anticlimax by todays standard tho...

I saw another post that asked what old PPV concepts WWE should bring back, but what about NEW concepts? Any ideas? I have one for Survivor Series, since in my opinon, WWE isn't really trying with the tradtional Survivor Series tag matches anymore. Hear me out on this, even if it sounds kind of stupid:

Anyone remember when WWE.com did that feature for the Green Lantern when they thought what superstars could be what lantern? (Ex: John Cena would be a green lantern, Wade Barrett would be a yellow lantern, etc.) If you don't know about the Green Lantern, bottom line is, they put the superstars into different groups with different colors. This is where I got my idea from.

Here's the new Survivor Series match:

There are 5 teams of 3 superstars. Each team is either the red, blue, green, yellow, or orange team(colors don't really matter, each team will wear shirts with the WWE logo with their team color). On an episode of Raw, the team captians are named. Each captian gets to pick the other members of his team. Anyways, it's essentially a 15 man 5 team tornado match at SS, & only one fall is needed to win(maybe make it no DQ, too). Here's where it gets a bit interesting. The winning team gets to face a world champion in a 4-way at the next PPV, so the team captians pick teams that will help them get the title shot. This could lead to something like The Miz captaining a team of Wade Barrett & Kane or something. Bottom line is, it won't necessarily be John Cena with babyfaces, but with a couple heels or something. and with the brand extension supposedly ending, a team could have 2 Raw guys & 1 SD win at SS, & face the WHC at the next PPV. Plus, there's a lot of freedom for anything to happen. A team could break up or something during the match, a tag team could be broken up by being on 2 separate teams, 3 up & coming stars could end up with a title shot if they end up on the same team, etc.

Yes, it may sound a bit ridiculous, but it's just an idea. Please, nobody call me an idiot over this, because I think this is pretty unrealistic, too.

But guys, if you have any ideas, post them here. Just try to include these things:

-The PPV you want to change or create

-What would be the main focus of the PPV

-Are there any special matches for the PPV?

Post your ideas here, guys.

-Bill

Halloween Havoc.. I really like the name and think the WWE should use it. I would like to see the In Your House concept make a return also..instead of using the same gimmick matches as PPV names each year.

wargames batttlebowl and Halloween Havoc are 3 concepts I'd love to see back... either on ppv or as special raws... A one night tournament wouldn't be bad to see at some point either like the wrestling classic or KOTR

I actually like that idea a lot! They could pull a lot of different storylines for the championships out of that. In think they should pull the inferno match up as a gimmik and replace mitb with it. and for the love of god they need to put mitb back in wm.

I actually like that idea a lot! They could pull a lot of different storylines for the championships out of that. In think they should pull the inferno match up as a gimmik and replace mitb with it. and for the love of god they need to put mitb back in wm.

Uh.. What? You think they should replace MITB with one of the most ridiculous Gimmick Matches ever? Also, why do they need to put MITB back in Wrestlemania? Did you not see how awesome the MITB PPV was this year? Why on Earth would they scrap that? MITB has the potential to be one of the bigger PPVs to look forward to every year, no reason to fix what isn't broken.

To be frank, I'm kind of over the gimmick PPVs as of late. There are a few like Extreme Rules, Elimination Chamber, and MITB that I don't mind because they generally make sense, but Hell in a Cell needs to go. A cell match should be used to blow off a hot feud, not as a random match because the main eventers are feuding in October.

So while I'm sure plenty of you have ideas, I'm not interested in any new concepts. I'm content with what we have.

Why is everyone on these boards trying to relive the past?

"What PPV/names do you want back" "What matches should they bring back?" "Is the AE making a comeback?"

Stop living in the past! Look toward the future. Stop asking what they should bring back and ask what they need to do to improve!

Im tired of seeing these threads about what WWE needs to resurrect from the past. At least 1 or 2 of them a day pop up.

**NOTE TO MODS**
Im sorry if this is viewed as spam but I had to say it.

Well Vinnie People who watched wrestling in the past liked the old PPV names and concepts, I take it your not from The Old School days as you bash what people liked and would love to see come back as a PPV name the PPV's now are not what they use to be go back and watch some CLASSIC PPV's from The WWF NWA/ WCW They had great ppv concepts it's not the same as years ago what TRUE Wrestling fans loved and admired.

Well Vinnie People who watched wrestling in the past liked the old PPV names and concepts, I take it your not from The Old School days as you bash what people liked and would love to see come back as a PPV name the PPV's now are not what they use to be go back and watch some CLASSIC PPV's from The WWF NWA/ WCW They had great ppv concepts it's not the same as years ago what TRUE Wrestling fans loved and admired.

Oh Im from the old days. I grew up watching wrestling, have been a fan for over 20 years.

But I crave CHANGE. People (and myself) criticize TNA for bringing up ECW, or a new NWO, or putting their old stars above the younger ones. THATS where part of the problem is. Everybody wants to rip TNA, but then its "hey what old thing should WWE bring back."

I created a thread asking "SHOULD WWE CREATE A NEW GIMMICK MATCH? WOULD THEY BENEFIT FROM IT?" And 90% percent of the answers I got (again asking for NEW concepts) were "bring back War Games" and old shit from the past. That is not the definition of NEW!

Im tired of the people calling for things from the past to come back! The AE is G-O-N-E GONE. GET OVER IT! I loved it, it was a fun time for a fan...but whats in the past should stay in the past.

I want NEW names and NEW concepts and NEW ways of doing things. I bash Hollywood for making modern versions of old movies. Are they good...most of them. But they are classics for a reason. Lets make NEW CLASSICS.

Honestly I will agree with you on one thing The AE is gone and they should not bring it back people who want it back are not '' Old School '' Fans I am talking about 80's and 90-96 PPV concepts not with a lot of blood and guts that ERA was dead back in 2002 - 03 but some of the ppvs now are just stupid and my 1st post I said Unforgiven I meant Vengeance sorry for the mix up.

I don't know what they should call it, weather its "King of the Ring" or some other name, but I think that a one night tournament as the June PPV to set up the Number one contender for SummerSlam is still a good idea. maybe have it set up where it'll start out as a 16 man tournament with four brackets, then the winners of each bracket will face off in a four way elimination match, the winner of which would be named the number one contender for SummerSlam, much the same way that the Royal Rumble sets up the number one contender for WrestleMania. Maybe call it the "Best of the Best" or something along those lines.

Like others have said, start a new legacy. It's an old formula (single elimination tournament) with a new, modern twist (four way elimination).

The King of the Ring should be a PPV, putting it on a 3 hour Raw gives it no impact or significance. It could be used to push up the lower cards in order to establish them as midcard whereas the MITB would be the midcard to the main event.

As for everything else apart from Halloween Havoc none of them should be brought back from WCW. Something like Starrcade should remain in the history books and be remembered for what it was.

PPV names should reflect the storylines, rather than the PPV directing the storylines and by that I mean the likes of EC and HIAC must go and be used for when the storyline requires them. With that said, Backlash should return it was and still is the best name for a PPV after Wrestlemania. Heck it even fitted the John Cena/Miz storyline by what happened at the end of Mania.

The way I would have it:
Royal Rumble
Over the Limit (Fits into the whole Road to Wrestlemania, although I'm sure some parent group will have this banned)
Wrestlemania
Backlash (As explained above)
King of the Ring
Night of Champions (Its too near Summerslam for my liking, this could be a huge PPV if separated a bit)
Money in the Bank
Summerslam
Vengeance (It can be what Backlash is to Wrestlemania)
Halloween Havoc (Which has a more extreme element to it, no DQ matches and so on... in other words Extreme Rules)
Survivor Series
Armageddon/Apocalypse ... basically anything which has the definition for the end. Perfect way to end the year.

WCW's World War 3 was actually a pretty sick match with a ton of talent, though too much going on to watch it all... WWE should however bring back the original Survivor Series format match, but have them mean something. Have stables in it maybe, or legends vs rookies, etc. Do all champs vs contenders, I dunno. And one more thing, why have a 30 or 40 man rumble? Just throw the whole damn roster in it and itll be worth it...

I think they should bring King Of The Ring back. It's just horrible seeing that on Raw. As a PPV it means something.

I'd like to see Halloween Havoc. It's a great name and maybe they can have the Hell in a Cell match take place on this event every year.

War Games I would like to see return but not as a PPV. I think they should make this the main event of Survivor Series every year. Do the normal 5 on 5 matches early in the night but then cap the night off with 5 on 5 in War Games.

I think WWE should bring back Starrcade as their 5th major PPV of the year, also it would be a great way to end the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back