Former PPV you wish WWE would bring back?

z99zazn

S.O.S. (Used to be z99zazn)
So WWE brought back The Great American Bash a few years back, which is now called simply, The Bash. Also, they brought back December to Dismember, but that wasn’t quite a success to say the least. Well, if you could bring back another PPV that isn’t around anymore which one would you pick? It doesn’t have to be an old WWE PPV, it could be from any other promotion.

I’d have to pick Halloween Havoc. What I think this mostly is about is the fact that I’m still a young guy, and when I was really young, maybe 7 or 8, I really enjoyed WCW vs NWO Revenge. On that game, I’d always pick Halloween Havoc as the arena to play at. For some reason I just really liked it. I’m not that polished on the history of Halloween Havocs in the past, but it had its moments that I’m familiar with, for instance the Chamber of Horrors match and using the Spin the wheel, Make a deal concept.

If WWE was to bring this back, they could really make it cool by embracing some of their darker characters, like Kane or Taker. Taker could fight someone in a casket match, or another dark match type.

My only problem with this would be the lacking of some old time WCW talent. I think it would be different to have Halloween Havoc headlined by Triple H vs Randy Orton, but then again look at The Bash, there isn’t anyone headlining it that was a headliner on any of the Great American Bashes from WCW, so it would work out just fine.

If I had to pick any other PPVs to have a new version of it would either be KOTR or another UK PPV. KOTR kind of lost its importance though, so I’m fine with them just doing that whole tournament on TV now, but still, think of all the history involved there. And The UK PPVs were nice, but there wasn’t ever any important title changes on them.

WWE should (re-)introduce Starrcade. They own all those WCW PPV names, this one should be a no brainer. Get rid of Armageddon in December and replace it with Starrcade. The only problem is WWE won't treat it w/ the respect that it deserves, much like they bastardized The Great American Bash (officially now by renaming the whole thing).

If I got to choose, I would bring back Halloween Havoc too. I never watched WCW when I was a kid, but that is one of the few pay-per-views I know WCW had. Just the name of the pay-per-view sounds cool and it can be used for some interesting matches. Like have the Undertaker in some special matches like a casket match or a hell in a cell match.

But in order for WWE to do that they would have to take away some pay-per views. Here is how I think WWE should do there pay-per-views:

January: Royal Rumble
February: No Way Out
March: None
April: WrestleMania
May: Extreme Rules
June: None
July: Night of Champions
August: SummerSlam
September: None
October: Cyber Sunday
November: Survivor Series
December: None

Have 8 pay-per-views with 1 each month and then after 2 pay-per-views don't have one and then the next month have another 2 and so on and so forth. It would give WWE the time to really build up some feuds and not just throw in a quick match up like they did with Vladimir Kozlov facing Matt Hardy at Armageddon 2008. The reason being is because Matt Hardy kept interfering in Vladimir Kozlovs matches.

I think they should bring back Badd Blood and every year have the main event be Hell in A Cell, like they used to.
EX.
1997. HBK def. Taker in the first hell in a cell which debut kane.
2003. HHH def . Kevin Nash WHC
2004. HHH def. HBK

So maybe we could see....

Taker vs Jericho?

wish they had the ppl to do fall brawl.. the whole "war zone" with the 60? people that wcw used to have with the 3 rings.. i wish they would introduce alot of the older wcw ppvs even if its for a year or so without changing any of there big name ones... There are alot of wcw fans still around im sure throw some of the throw back stuff at ppl maybe get some old fans to come back to watching wresting.. If I wasn't still a wrestling fan and i saw some advertisements for Bash at the beach and it was still in daytona.. id HAVE to go just because of the name alone.

My answer to this was always going to King of the Ring, in it's original format. Should be the PPV right before Summerslam so the winner gets a title shot. I'd like to see more PPV's with a regular format and slowly they seem to be doing that.

I would have to agree with Halloween Havoc. One thing that WCW did better then WWE was their PPV themes. With Havoc there are so many possibilities, not to mention Diva Costumes lol. It would be more suited for your more "supernatural" characters like Taker and Kane and have a very eerie feel to it. Now another I would love to see would be Hog Wild. Having all the bikes at ringside was cool and gave a badass feel to it, I mean everyone around the ring could have rioted any second and were most of them tougher then the wrestlers lol. I know that one has the least chance but I mean instead of being free they could charge a "decent" price to get the same effect.

They need to have Halloween Havoc and bring out the Chamber of Horrors match. Then they can electrocute and kill off Matt Hardy's career along with MVP and most of the mid card talent they push just to bury later. Then they can spin the wheel and make the deal in a coal miner's glove match between the Shockmaster and Santino.. Those were fun PPV's but do we really need PPV's with halloween themes to them or PPV's by the beach or at a monster truck rally? How about a regular damn PPV with some good wrestling and storylines for a change. But I would bring back Starcade or King of the Ring though.

3 ppvs i'd bring back are Halloween Havoc, Fall Brawl, and King of the Ring. KOTR and FB are because of the themed matches such as the tournament and War Games. As for HH i just used to always love the whole halloween them they had at the event. All the decorations and the dark theme they used was so entertaining. My personal favorite thing was the red mat they used at one of the earlier ones...i think one of the main matches was steiners and nastys, for some reason just looked awesome with the ring red and all....I don't get why they only brought back one ppv, why not bring back some of the main WCW ppvs rather than their own that are just random like judgement day, backlash, vengeance, etc.

wish they had the ppl to do fall brawl.. the whole "war zone" with the 60? people that wcw used to have with the 3 rings.. i wish
Just to clarify, that was actually "World War 3" that had the 3-ring 60 man battle Royal. Fall Brawl featured "War Games" which had two-rings surrounded by 1 Cage and normally featured 2 teams of either 4 or 5 men, with each team starting with 1 person in the ring and another person joining the match on an alternating basis every few minuted, and could only be won when all the people from both teams entered the cage and then one team surrendered. My personal pick to come back would be Fall Brawl, or at least bring the War games match back at Survivor Series. Starrcade would be nice as well, with all of it's heritage, but I fear it wouldnt be treated with the prestige that it deserves.

King of the Ring by far!!! The old format, the way it used to be.

Or introduce us to Starrcade in december instead of Armaggedon

Most of them are just names. I don't think anybody really cares about the return of Fully Loaded.

I don't think they should bring back the Kind Of The Ring per se. But they should certainly hold most of the tournament on TV, have the finals on PPV and give the winner a world title shot.

I'd bring back War Games. But that's just me.

In Your House in the original idea. I've said this a hundred times.

The arguments are great for this. You lower the price, but have a two hour show. The main event is something like Orton/MVP. MVP isn't going to win, but he gets a taste of the main event, Orton gets a credible title defense, and you save a bigger feud/match for a bigger show. The reason it was killed off before was WCW's monthly 3 hour shows. TNA isn't a threat, so why not do these again? It would get the buyraate up if the show was cheaper. I might even buy one.

In Your House in the original idea. I've said this a hundred times.

The arguments are great for this. You lower the price, but have a two hour show. The main event is something like Orton/MVP. MVP isn't going to win, but he gets a taste of the main event, Orton gets a credible title defense, and you save a bigger feud/match for a bigger show. The reason it was killed off before was WCW's monthly 3 hour shows. TNA isn't a threat, so why not do these again? It would get the buyraate up if the show was cheaper. I might even buy one.

I feel this way too. Last night, I was gonna make a thread about IYH, until I saw your reviews of them. My thread was just going to be if there should be In Your Houses instead of the filler PPVs. I feel it would put more emphasis on the big 4, and the stakes would be higher there, along with showing us some quality wrestling!

Whoa is there a thread with IYH reviews like the WM one? Will have to check that out, have nearly finished the Mania thread :)

I don't think it really matters what the PPVs are called so unless they are going to do something significant like the IYH idea, then I'm not fussed, although I would probably pick kOTR, I did used to look forwards to that, and you could have the tournament between stars from all brands, like the Rumble, which would give some nice buildup. In fact they could have a format whereby they do qualifiers on Raw, Smackdown, ECW, and then each brand gets a superstar in the semi-finals, and there could be a triple threat or something to decide the fourth semi-finalist...makes sense in my head anyway :D

There would be three that I would choose: Starrcade, Wrestlewar and Survivor Series

Starrcade is pretty self-explanatory. Besides Starrcade sounds much better than Armageddon.

I always liked the Wrestlewar name, and it, at one point, was the host to War Games, which I think is the greatest gimmick match in history.

Finally, I'd bring back Survivor Series. I know that they have the name, but it's not really a series of Survivor matches any more. I'd bring back the series of Survivor matches, and even do like they did in 1990 and have the Ultimate Survivor match, where all the Survivors of the original matches teamed up and fought. I always liked that.

Starrcade should be left alone.Everything Vince has tried to re-create has failed miserably.

He tried to tap into the football fan base with the XFL.We all know where it went.

Ecw after buying it out and having so many options he refuse to push it because he wont promote anything he didn't create himself with fear of it making his stuff look bad.He could have really made Ecw into something and instead he made it a mid card training grounds and lost most of the original people that made Ecw Ecw.

Wcw even after he bought it.He had a ton of talent that if used right could have created plenty of dream matches everyone wanted to see.
Austin Vs Goldberg
Sting vs Taker
These three alone are about as good as it could have gotten but instead of giving the WCW guys the respect they deserved he made them job to his guys and ruined any chance of Sting trusting him enough to sign a contract and allow Vince to make a joke of him.I would have included an nWo vs DX stables match back then but at that point when wCw went under nWo equaled like half of its roster and it was just ******ed at that point.

With Vince having Wrestlemania as his big show and with Starrcade having been wCw's big show of the year i dont see Vince doing anything great with at one time his competitors big ppv.It could be great and he could have some really great matches but because of all this i say if hes going to ruin another classic let him do one of his own.

King of the Ring is the obvious answer if done the way they used to do it.

Halloween Havoc would be a blast, but the only problem, is the gimmick of Halloween would get done to death by the time that PPV happened. One PPV that was great the first time, was WCW Uncensored. Grudge matches with Gimmicks. I loved it! It was a great way to put an end to 70 percent of the fueds they had. I would have to say no to Starcade, because that was WCW's wrestlemania. KOTR is a huge one, because that tournament is a push to main event stardom, and with all the young talent such as Jack Swagger, and Kobi Kinston, it's a very desirable PPV. Night of Champions can be a great as well, or Clash of the Champions, with every title on the line.

itbewilly, you do have some good points, but the only problem was, that WCW had a lot of contract problems before the purchase, where it you wanted to join the WWE, the main eventers had to wait a while, or Opt out of there contract. Now, the XFL crashed because it wasn't ran bad, it had a bad product, and they made fun of the NFL. They should of made a deal where you brought in rookies, or guys who were training in the NFL. I think it would of been a tougher version of NFL europe, but just in America.

UNFORGIVEN! I like the concept of an all-submission ppv on paper, but the actual ppv itself, might be awful. If Breaking Point had to replace a current ppv, I think No Mercy would have made a far better choice, but who am I to tell WWE what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back