• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Match Would You Like To See Replace MITB @ WM27?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
At this point in time, I don't know if they're gonna have an MITB Ladder Match at WrestleMania. The MITB concept has been turned into a ppv event in and of itself and having three MITB matches, to me, sounds excessive. I'm hoping that the WWE decides to replace it with a different match.

Do you think the WWE should replace MITB at WM and, if so, what do you think they should book in its place?

Personally, just off the top of my head, I'd love to see the Iron Man Match become a new tradition at WM. With the right wrestlers involved, it could be a great match. One idea I had floating around in my head is a No DQ+No Count out Triple Threat Iron Man Match featuring The Miz vs. John Morrison vs. Randy Orton. I just feel that if you're going to main event the biggest show of the year with a WWE Championship match that you should do something special with it instead of a standard wrestling match.

An Iron man match is no doubt a great choice to replace the Money in the bank ladder match. But, I don't think it should become a tradition. After a while it would lose it's prestige. This year, if a Iron Man match is done, i'd die if the Intercontinental Championship was defended in a 30 minute iron man match between Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston. Kofi and Jack have been putting on great matches on Smackdown with each oither and have great chemistry. They would work very well with each other. And like the money in the bank, would draw very well and get a lot of crowd reaction. It would put both over in a heart beat.

But like I said, I don't quite think an iron man match should be done each year at Wrestlemania. Over time, it would become expected and would probably become too much like the Money in the Bank, a little stale. It's a little hard to come up with something to replace money in the bank. But anything like a traditional Three way for the WWE or World titles in the main event would be nice. It seems like they've been doing this the last couple of years and I think its been great. It gives them a chance to put in a younger guy maybe like Morrison into the mix with maybe Orton and Triple H or someone all ready established like that. I think it's a lot easier for someone to get over in a Triple Threat and stand out during the match. A triple threat title match would be a great tradition.

I would like to see the Break-through Battle Royal take place at Wrestlemania. I loved the concept when they had it on that one RAW and Sheamus won! It did wonders for his career. Usually, there's always a dark match battle royal at wrestlemania anyways so why not have one on the actual card. Have anyone who hasn't been World champion be in the battle royal with the winner getting to face one of the champions at Extreme Rules or something. Maybe another stipulation could be that the winner gets to chose which brand he'll go to at the draft (which is usually 2 weeks after Mania). Ex. Dolph Ziggler could win and either chose to stay on Smackdown or move to RAW. (This means they're immune from the draft.)

bring back war games it would be a good way for some of the mid card or underused talent to get some face time and show what they can do

If they get rid of the MITB match, then they should defiantly make up so sort of new stipulation to replace it, something to develop the young stars, such as the poster above said. The Money in the Bank match always would get young stars like Kofi Kingston or Cody Rhodes on the big stage, and give them a little push, without it we may see even less talent then we do now.

Instead of the MITB match, have some form of tournament in the ongoing weeks before Wrestlemania. The winning two stars will face each other one on one in some sort of special match, possibly Ladder match. Winner will get the number one contender shot for the world title on their brand at the pay per view falling after Wrestlemania. This would still develop young talent, while keeping the same stipulation in play.

Another possible replacement could be a Tag Team version of the MITB. Several tag teams will battle it out in a ladder match. The winning team will get the same prize as the old MITB match, but only for the Tag Team titles. This way Tag teams can get more development, and bring more hype to the tag team titles.

I don't want to see MITB get replaced at all, but i really like Nbieclkl91's idea.

I would like to see the Break-through Battle Royal take place at Wrestlemania. Have anyone who hasn't been World champion be in the battle royal with the winner getting to face one of the champions

This was a great idea, i think it was Jesse Ventura's idea when he was guest host. But I've always said there needs to be a match like this. Basically a Royal Rumble with no former champions allowed. It spices up the main event scene as well as gives a well deserving superstar a nice little push.

It's a hard call - most stip matches now have their own PPV and MitB was used in the past as a way to get most of the midcard WM exposure. As such any replacement would really have to follow this line. The only 'new' concept I could see work here would be a TNA Terrordome style affair - possibly using an enhanced version of the Elimination Chamber, that way this traditional high spot opener is replaced with a match that has the same opportunities.

Maybe if MITB is eliminated, WWE will do something radical like having the IC & US titles defended on a PPV. I know it sounds wild & isn't actually done very often, but it's just crazy enough to work. But if they want some type of "gimmick" match, then I like the break through battle royal as well.

bring back war games it would be a good way for some of the mid card or underused talent to get some face time and show what they can do

I originally thought of a Smackdown Vs Raw War Games but changed my mind on two accounts - the two ring set-up - unless all matches are going to involve two rings this will just create seating issues which would be to the detriment of all the remaining bouts. Secondly, WGs was an extremely brutal concept - it would just look wrong in 2011 PG WWe.

remember the Cruiserweight open from WM20? what if they did one for an IC/US title match? this would allow 10 superstars that would probably been overlooked for the card to get some TV time. i enjoyed the cruiserweight version of this match, and i think it could work really well, but idk how they would decide between IC and US title match. i dont think they could pull off both; that may make the card seem too cluttered, but who knows, it may work.

All that being said, i love the MITB and dont want to see that match get replaced.

I had read that if WWE had good ppv buyrates for MITB 2010,then the match will be dropped from WRESTLEMANIA.Break Through Battle Royal is a fantastic idea,what better for a new comer to make his mark than on the grandest stage of them all.
I have a different idea though.YOUNG VS OLD.A fresh face challenging a veteran war horse.I don't know what name I'll give to the match,it could be LEGEND V FUTURE STAR.I would love to see Drew McIntyre square off against Triple H.Imagine the heat and momentum Drew will get,with just a win over Triple H at Mania.Ofcourse they'll continue their feud after that.Triple H will get his revenge and by that time Drew will be the real deal.

The point of the money in the bank ladder match is to get a lot of the mid card workers a spot on wrestlemania. If they do get rid of money in the bank, which i dont think they will, why not just have a ladder match for the intercontinental championship. Smackdown is full of talented midcarders that should be on the mania card so they should just be in the ladder match. I can see Dolph Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, Alberto del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, and Ezekial Jackson in this ladder match with Cody Rhodes winning. Then you can just have a triple threat or fatal four way match for the us title on the raw side.

3, even 2 MITBs are too much. MITB should stay at WrestleMania... it shouldnt be replaced.

But if it were to be replaced... I think it would be really cool to bring about 2 different new WrestleMania traditions.

Not the one to replace MiTB but... one would be a Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Tornado Match / Street Fight (or Triple Threat works too) much like they had back in WrestleMania XX.

The idea that I have that should replace Money in the Bank is to have something like a 6-8 Man Steel Cage match.

I would like to see the Break-through Battle Royal take place at Wrestlemania. I loved the concept when they had it on that one RAW and Sheamus won! It did wonders for his career. Usually, there's always a dark match battle royal at wrestlemania anyways so why not have one on the actual card. Have anyone who hasn't been World champion be in the battle royal with the winner getting to face one of the champions at Extreme Rules or something. Maybe another stipulation could be that the winner gets to chose which brand he'll go to at the draft (which is usually 2 weeks after Mania). Ex. Dolph Ziggler could win and either chose to stay on Smackdown or move to RAW. (This means they're immune from the draft.)

I really would like MITB to stay, but if they scrap that, my vote is for the idea in the quote over here. Maybe it can be a 15 or 20 man Battle Royal so
more guys than the usual 6 to 8 gets the chance to shine on the biggest
show of the year.

Hoe about nothing take its place and instead have more focus on the other matches.. maybe make them longer!!! but no boring.. Yu get a lot of great wrestlers at wrestlemania and they have little time to show off at the grandest stage of em all..

The thing is with the money in the bank, the reason was for this match was because you have a lot of good talent doing nothing and this match is good... Soo either they get rid of the match altogether and have nothing replace so they can give more time to the other matches or they keep the match to give the wrestlers left out something to do at WrestleMania!

As much as i agree with a battle royal match. Why wouldn't a Spin The Wheel Make a Deal match work?
For instance 2 non champions involved in a feud, such as Wayne Barrett and John Cena could finish it at Wrestlemania.
Have 12 different types of matches.

I would like to see the Break-through Battle Royal take place at Wrestlemania.

but then wouldnt it be to much like the royal rumble

Maybe another stipulation could be that the winner gets to chose which brand he'll go to at the draft (which is usually 2 weeks after Mania).Ex. Dolph Ziggler could win and either chose to stay on Smackdown or move to RAW. (This means they're immune from the draft.)

ok now your idea is the same concept as the royal rumble. if you suggest that then you should just scrap the ppv itself

i like the mitb ladder match at wm. its a great concept that should be at that ppv and give young superstars their shot at the glory. i dont think that it should be a ppv. that ppv could be replaced with king of the ring or something.

I think the break through battle royal is the best way to showcase younger/fresh talent without having the MITB match. Why would the WWE have a MITB match at Wrestlemania when they have a whole ppv for it? 3 MITB winners running around would just be stupid. And it wouldn't be like the Royal Rumble because everyone would start the match in the ring.

How about this, there were some ideas of KOTR tournament being that the finals will feature old vs new superstar, so what about this, a tournament heading into WM, two stables, young and veterans, then like KOTR the final old and young superstar will square off at WM for number one contender to World championship, it could be a gimmick match every time? like an Ironman match this year, ladder next next year?

I like the "Breakthrough Battle Royal" concept, however why not do the same thing as a "Number One Contender Scramble" match. All non-champions from both brands in one match (at least 5 from each brand) with a 20-30 minute time limit. The winner would be granted a title shot against the champion of his choice at "__________" PPV (either the next ppv or as late as Summer Slam for a bigger build up). The winner would have to pick his match weeks before the ppv, so there is a fair one-on-one championship match unlike how the MITB title matches have been done (with the exception of RVD cashing in his MITB).

I would lovee to see a 6 man HELL IN A CELL. that match was amazing before. I think that this match could be a Wrestlemania Classic.

I like the idea of the iron man match, altho i think the problem maybe that this kind of match with 3 superstars or less tends to bore the fans. I would love to see a 6 man hell in a cell.

the concept of MITB cant be present 4 times a year and should just be kept for the PPV .

I like the idea of a Breakthrough Battle Royal, but I feel as though it's not appropriate for Wrestlemania.

I like the "Breakthrough Battle Royal" concept, however why not do the same thing as a "Number One Contender Scramble" match. All non-champions from both brands in one match (at least 5 from each brand) with a 20-30 minute time limit. The winner would be granted a title shot against the champion of his choice at "__________" PPV (either the next ppv or as late as Summer Slam for a bigger build up). The winner would have to pick his match weeks before the ppv, so there is a fair one-on-one championship match unlike how the MITB title matches have been done (with the exception of RVD cashing in his MITB).

The only issue I have with this is the number of people in the match. All non-champions? The overall roster is around 60 people. There are 6 champions (the WWE tag counting as 2) that leaves 54 people in on match. Do you mean any non-champions who aren't already in matches? That seems a bit more likely, but still a lot. Money in the Bank was crowded with 10 people, but a 12-man Breakthrough Battle Royal would work, but are there enough guys who have never had a title shot (or is it held a world title? I can't remember) that actually deserve it? Could you imagine if it consisted of Cody Rhodes, R-Truth, Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, Primo, Santino, DiBiase, Ryder, Chavo, Chris Masters, JTG, and Trent Baretta? They're the only ones not likely to have a match at Wrestlemania, and let's face it, I'd rather climb the MITB ladder to the rafters and hang myself than see one of them get a WWE/WHC title shot.

The match would be for those who have never won the WWE or World Championship. It would allow the US and IC champs to be in the match. The down side would be that the WWE and World titles would be defended against people who have previously been a champion, making it hard to find something new and original.

If it were done today, the match could have Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, Ted DiBiase and Evan Bourne (from RAW) and Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre and whoever wins NXT4.

Could be a decent 30 minute "Scramble" match, if done properly.

Here's an example of what the Wrestlemania Card could look like with the breakthrough battle royal which is for ppl who haven't won either the WWE or World Heavyweight titles.

WWE title: The Miz(c) vs John Cena vs Randy Orton

World Heavyweight title: Edge(c) vs Christian

Brothers of Destruction vs The Nexus

Intercontinental Title Championship Scramble: Ziggler(c) vs Kofi vs Rhodes vs McIntyre vs Swagger

US Title: Daniel Bryan(c) vs CM Punk

Triple H vs Sheamus

Tag Titles: Santino & Kozlov vs Uso's

20 Man Breakthrough Battle Royal: Alberto Del Rio, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Curt Hawkins, Darren Young, DH Smith, Evan Bourne, Ezekiel Jackson, John Morrison, JTG, Mark Henry, Primo, R-Truth, Skip Sheffield, Ted Dibiase, Tyler Reks, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder.

Diva's Title Lumberjack match: Melina(c) vs Beth Pheonix

Looks pretty good and uses up pretty much all the talent in WWE.

I like the MITB concept but what about bringing back the ultimate submission match for a one time ordeal? For those who don't remember it is a 30 minute match to see who can get the other to submitt the most, just like an iron man match but submissions only. I think if a match like that was for the IC or US title then it could give them more prestige. What about Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler in a Ultimate SUbmission unification match? I think that match would steal the show even at wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back