What Is Your Favorite Show In Syndication?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I don't mean shows that are still actively producing new material like CSI, Law & Order, or Family Guy. I mean shows that have been cancelled, or were finished for whatever reason, but still are on all the time. Seinfeld, Friends, M*A*S*H, Married...With Children. Shows like that. And,l those are only a few examples.

My favorite is Married...With Children, and it's not even a close debate. The show was at it's height when it was taken off TV, and is still relevant to this day. It's also funny as hell.

I also try to catch as many Seinfeld re-runs as possible. TBS tends to only show the most popular ones, but every once in a while, you get a gem. You get a show that they won't show again for 2 years. I don't mind what they show, it's all fun.

Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air is another one that I love to watch. Unfortunately for me, it's usually only on when I'm at work, or in a dead sleep. But, on occasion, I come across an episode, and the remote gets put down. There's no reason to watch anything else when this is on. It's funny, and it's memorable. Just like the other two I listed.

Fully Agreed on Married with Childrens, and seinfeld, although I have pretty much the entire series on DVD. Goodness knows I havent seen them all, or at least not for a long time, so its fun to watch. I watched the one were Georges parents take their marble rie back from the parents of the girl George is dating last night, and it had me fuckin cracking up.

I also really enjoy Roseanne, and Home Improvment. John Goodman is just too damn hilarious, I love that show.

Two that I try to catch as much as I can when I am in a TV mood are Friends and Seinfeld. Possibly two of the greatest sit coms of all times, they are they type of show I am to view when I am watching TV. They are relaxing, easy to get into, and makes you feel like home. Although I own all of the Friend's it doesn't stop me from watching them when they are on TV.

As much as I love television, I honestly don't get much viewing time in for my favorite shows anymore. But, a couple of shows I try catching as much as possible are Angel, and Frasier.

Angel- I try catching this because FX took Buffy off, which makes for a sad Dewey, and this is how I get my Joss fix (I work on Fridays during Dollhouse).

Frasier- I love this show because of it's smart, dry humor. They didn't call it the smartest show on television for nothing.

Outside of these two shows, I don't watch much vintage T.V.

On CMT they air Rosanne, Home Improvement, Hope & Faith, and Reba and I love all 4 of thoes shows! I am not a fan of scripted TV shows(for whatever reason)and I can honestly say that the only scripted show I watch usually weekly is Lost, and these 4 songs.

Hope & Faith is sooo cheesy and slap stick but Kelly Ripa as Faith, a washed up emmy award winning so actress was amazing! Also it's the show that discovered Megan Fox(who everyone loves know). I have seen every episode and probably have re-watched some episodes 3-4 times but that shit never gets old for me(and this just shows how tastes vary since most people hated this show).

Roseanne was hillarious. Between her and John Goodman, you couldn't ask for a funnier married couple. I also actually had a crush on Darlene(Sara Gilbert, who actually is a lesbian)when I was younger. The show still get's me laughing even though it's been of the air for a while.

Home Improvement is another great comedy. Although I wouldn't say I find it really that funny, I still enjoy watching it. The wife was more annoying then funny, but Tim Allen was a comedy genius(back then). The kids were alright, and the storylines were fun but I still enjoy watching episodes today.

Last but not least Reba. The show was cancelled a couple of years ago(I think 2)but I still watch it all the time. Reba actually made a pretty damn good comedy actress and she didn't just seem like a music star trying to act. I loved the sarcastic red head child and Barbara Jean always gave me a laugh. Van was also funny although cheesy and stupid at times. The storylines were simple but relateable and I love it!

I started watching Seinfield and I must say I enjoy it. Jerry, Kramer, Elaine, and George each play their own little part and it's hard to imagine Seinfield without any of them.

My personal favorite is Becker. I've heard many jokes about on different TV shows including South Park but it's a very funny comedy. Ted Danson plays his character to a T and I especially like the interactions between Jake, Bob, and Reggie. Even though I can do without Linda sometimes, she brings things into light and can be quite smart sometimes. I always wondered what Maragret's husband Louis looks like as she talks about him all the time but we never saw him.

If Arrested Development was cancelled then I would pick this show as well. I didn't think much of it when it first came out but it has been worth my time. Just watching George Michael get up the courage to tell Maeby how he feels and Buster trying to overcome Lucille does it for me.

Easily my favorite syndicated show has to be Cheers. While it may an older show, it just had that perfect storm of comedy to me that I enjoyed. Not only this but I can see a lot of aspects that Cheers had that my own favorite bar has. You have the usual regulars, I know the bartenders personally and they don't even ask what kind of drink I want, they just grab a bottle of Budweiser and slide it down my way. Another reason why I love this show is because its one that my father and I always sit down and watch together whenever it is on. So I guess you could say I have fond memories to remember because of this show.

Ted Danson, Kelsey Grammer, and George Wendt (aka the Guy who played Norm) were all gold in the series. Not only was the series hilarious but it also touched on subjects that most shows in it's time didn't want to go near. Ironically it did absolutely horrible its first season in the ratings and if it was like today's TV stations, it would have been canceled right then and there, but the network stuck with it and ended up being produced for 12 seasons. Of course Frasier was spun off of Cheers and that show enjoyed quite a bit of success.

I would have to say That 70's Show. I really love this show and its like on a few channels now.The N,FX,and ABC Family, then a local channel here its CW. I DVR pretty much any one I won't get to see.

M*A*S*H and That 70's Show....................My dad got me hooked on M*A*S*H when i was like 5 i have loved it ever since and the comedy holds up today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back