What Is Dolph Ziggler Doing?

I agree with a lot of the people here who feel it's time for Ziggy to leave the E. Personally, for me at least, he's never really been "must watch" or top tier. I mean his two biggest moments were due to outside factors (Him "ending" the authority, which, was headlined by Sting's debut) and his MITB cash in (Which was overshadowed by the occasion of being the night after WM and having a white hot crowd that would've popped for anything).

He claims to be great, clearly the E aren't going to give him the chance to showcase this, so he should move on, either to his stand-up comedy or to another fed and show his worth, although, I highly doubt he does this as I feel that he knows that he isn't as good as he portrays himself to be, so stand-up is an easy way to exit the business whilst keeping with his narrative of being held back.

Even in the 1990s WWF days(pre-Attitude era) he would've ended up jobbing on Raw and Superstars most of the time.

Ziggler would work great as a Mr. Perfect styled heel, even to the point of using xurts mannerisms.

It would be a good way to get a fued out of curtis Axel or possibly even a tag team after.

Nick/Dolph just needs to be better than you, absolutely perfect.

He's on his way out of WWE so he just wants to have a good send off by saying how great he is so he can either keep going in wrestling doing indy promotions or possibly get into stand up comedy or tv/film.

Ziggler has been involved in some pretty decent feuds and angles over his actually pretty long WWE career if you count the times before the Dolph Ziggler character.

But he's pretty much burned up any value he could have as a top guy.

He's a GREAT worker to have in a big spot fest or back-and-forth match, but the draw to see him as a big player in WWE isn't really there anymore.

With the production and development of great fresher talents that NXT is doing, Ziggler just doesn't have much appeal anymore. Nothing against the guy himself it is just a fact of overexposure.

Actually the last big thing he was in that was pretty good was the Miz vs Ziggler Title vs Career angle. Then Ziggler actually WON but then didn't last long as the champ.

One last thing to mention about Ziggler that I think has really hurt him over the years is that his "Finishers" have been made to look weaker and weaker and weaker! He used to finish off with the ZigZag which in reality would be a pretty good finisher (slamming someone down head/back first from behind with jumping force) but then EVERYONE kicked out of it.

Then he had the Sleeper Hold, worked for a while, then suddenly no longer worked. He then finished opponents off with the Fameasser which also in reality SHOULD be a pretty devastating finisher. It's actually the only Curb Stomp-esque finisher allowed in WWE today but he's be made to look utterly weak because no one loses anymore after getting hit by it.

That led to Ziggler having to finish off with a Superkick which ALREADY had been used as a Finisher by others currently in WWE so it made Ziggler look like nothing special and made him seem more like a HBK rip off than ever before.

At that point Ziggler's worth was pretty much over. Just too hard to take him seriously anymore.

Best thing for him and the company at this point is to put him in a "I'm better than you" feud with a up-and-coming babyface or tweener and have Ziggler win the first matches (win dirty) and then the final match of the feud in the PPV the babyface goes over clean.

At that point Ziggler can "rage quit" WWE. He'll go off having put over new potential stars and still come off looking pretty good.

He's only 37 and if he stays pretty healthy he could have surprise comebacks in a few years say at a Royal Rumble or some sort of other angle like Jericho and others have.

Not sure what he is doing besides what he is being told to be doing. I am sure everything he has stated has been scripted and worked to look like a "shoot." Him coming out doing Naomi's entrance was pretty funny. This probably will not get him to far but he seems to be trying his best with the gimmick.

Are people on board with Ziggler being a "good worker"? No one on the roster makes a match seem more fake. He over-sells everything, flops around like an idiot and hits his same three finishing moves -- none of which actually put opponents down. He's the worst guy on the roster and this whole schtick is making him so much worse. He's had opportunities to get over but... people just don't care. There's nothing there. He sucks on the mic and sucks in the ring and seems to be a diva.

Allow me to illuminate everyone on the brilliance of this gimmick.

This is one of the most original, fresh, entertaining, and over gimmicks I've seen in a while.

And I'll stop you right there. No, it's not the same thing Charlie Haas used to do back in the late 2000's.

Dolph isn't just imitating other wrestlers, he's a frustrated performer who's trying to prove a point, he's almost on the verge of insanity at this point and it makes sense for his character.

To put it short, his very gimmick is shitting on gimmicks, and the very concept of a gimmick. It's brilliant.

Allow me to illuminate everyone on the brilliance of this gimmick.

This is one of the most original, fresh, entertaining, and over gimmicks I've seen in a while.

And I'll stop you right there. No, it's not the same thing Charlie Haas used to do back in the late 2000's.

Dolph isn't just imitating other wrestlers, he's a frustrated performer who's trying to prove a point, he's almost on the verge of insanity at this point and it makes sense for his character.

To put it short, his very gimmick is shitting on gimmicks, and the very concept of a gimmick. It's brilliant.

It would be if he still didn't under perform as a frustrated performer.

I like it don't get me wrong but...yeah.

It would be if he still didn't under perform as a frustrated performer.

I like it don't get me wrong but...yeah.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean his character has been losing, then that helps the frustrated performer aspect of it, because we've seen the highs he reached as a character. If you mean him as a performer hasn't been turning up the best he could, then that also helps it, because we've seen what he could do in the ring.

Or if you mean he's not selling you on the gimmick right now, then that's just something you'll have to hope changes personally. The gimmick has put a spotlight on him again, it's pretty talked about and more or less the top viewed YouTube segments from SmackDown every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back