Dolph Ziggler is the NEW United States Champion

WWE is playing a relinquishing angle with Ziggler giving up his US Title. He is expected to be off television for a few weeks.

The plan in the meantime is for Roode and Corbin to fight it out to win the vacated US Title, but the matches to end in No Contest. Ziggler would then finally return to reclaim the title he never lost.

Zigglers main event career ended when Del Rio gave him a concussion. From there he has been spinning in circles going no where fast. He has what it takes to succeed and I am still a fan of his as most seem to not like him or care for him. Ziggler should go the route of Cody Rhodes and hit the Indy scene. Maybe he can find consistent booking and success as long as he stays away from getting injured. Him winning the belt then walking away from it makes me miss WCW, when the new former WWF guys would walk on to Nitro trashing the WWF titles. Good times. I feel like this can lead somewhere, but chances are it goes no where. Zigglers career has been nothing but a zig-zag.

Was listening to a clip of a podcast w/ Bubba Ray and he made an interesting point about Ziggler having been there too long so it's hard for the office to figure out what to do w/ him.

This is simply going to be a re hash of the HBK/Razor and (to a lesser extent) Cena/Punk storyline. Dolph will return soon, now that a champion has been crowned, claim to be the real US champ, which will lead to a title vs title match.
This match (Title v Title) may very well be the reason that they sped up the tourny....and cancelled the finals at the Rumble (so this match would take it's place), although more likely cancelled due to potential time constraints.
I was hoping that, when Dolph walked off, they would do something, more entertaining or different, than re hash this storyline yet again.
Really hoping to be wrong on this.

This is simply going to be a re hash of the HBK/Razor and (to a lesser extent) Cena/Punk storyline. Dolph will return soon, now that a champion has been crowned, claim to be the real US champ, which will lead to a title vs title match.
This match (Title v Title) may very well be the reason that they sped up the tourny....and cancelled the finals at the Rumble (so this match would take it's place), although more likely cancelled due to potential time constraints.
I was hoping that, when Dolph walked off, they would do something, more entertaining or different, than re hash this storyline yet again.
Really hoping to be wrong on this.

It'd be shocking if he actually stays off until WM or forever, lol.

I think they should keep Ziggler off TV until people believe that he's not coming back. Maybe even post a fake article on WWE.com "WWE announces the release of Dolph Ziggler". Because currently, everybody knows that he's coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back