What if They is....

Kinsey144

Occasional Pre-Show
Rob Van Dam!

now sure, this is a massive outsider, but hear me out. This must sound crazy but think about it. We never saw abyss actually attack rob, it could have been all part of a plan.

I wouldn't put this past Russo/Bischoff as a mega-swerve.

only part that wouldnt add up would be the 'they' part, maybe rob could come will bill alfonso?

what do you guys think?

No, but i wont say your wrong.. you never know. It has to be someone new. But the question is, does TNA know who they are? I sure hope so because 10/10/10 is getting closer. If you want to know what i think.. ill bet my money on Christopher Daniels as a fallen Angel + someone else maybe delirious? Now that would be a great faction. Both would work as a heel, and Daniels even left as a heel.. it would all make sense... which is why im starting to doubt that this would happen.

it definetly wouldnt make sense but cos the paramedics n stuff would have had to be in on it if rvd wasnt injured, plus id be pretty surprised if noone had noticed how bill alfonso blowing his whistle at hardcore justice was the most annoying thing ever and brought him into the company in a big way. although i reckon u were joking bout that part.

i think tnas probably still try and get paul heyman for then and be the leader of something - or just "they" himself. other than that i doubt tna has any plans for who they are unless its sorted something with another promotion to do an invasion angle...

That doesn't make sense at all. Rob was the champion and he had prestige, adoration from the fans and all that sort of crap that comes with the title in the kayfabe world. Why would he want to lose all that just to fake his near-death. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility, but he would have to give a damn good explanation if it indeed turns out to be him.

Rob Van Dam!

now sure, this is a massive outsider, but hear me out. This must sound crazy but think about it. We never saw abyss actually attack rob, it could have been all part of a plan.

I wouldn't put this past Russo/Bischoff as a mega-swerve.

only part that wouldnt add up would be the 'they' part, maybe rob could come will bill alfonso?

what do you guys think?

I can safely say you are wrong. We actually did see Abyss attack Rob, when Fourtune attack EV2.0 and Rob/Abyss fought into the back, also Abyss/RVD had a brutal world title match before that. I'm kind of floored you even made this thread.

Did you come up with this idea just to say "I wouldn't put this past Russo/Bischoff" to take a subtle shot at TNA creative?

I am 100% certain that RVD is not "they" and if he was, along with Bill Alfonso, I would eat my right testicle.

Whoever 'THEY' are, they will most likely reveal themselves after the world title match at BFG. It will either be Hogan/Bischoff heel turn with tna guys, new debutters to TNA, or a combination. And I am pretty certain THEY might also include either Hardy, Anderson or Angle. Come to think of it, I don't remember ever seeing Abyss and Angle fight one another lately.

I am not feeling that as not only a possibility but also as something I would wanna see.

That would be the biggest let down in recent memory. There is such big hype surrounding this that TNA must deliver. RVD is definitely NOT the answer to the "Who is THEY" question!

As some other poster before me said, I truly wonder if TNA even knows who "THEY" are at this point!

Did you come up with this idea just to say "I wouldn't put this past Russo/Bischoff" to take a subtle shot at TNA creative?

A quick check of my AV would show otherwise ;)

and yes, as some of you realised, this wasn't a serious thread, it was a joke to show just how many different options people are throwing out about who they are.

The one swerve that I think is very possible but is far-fetched would be a huge debut of a legendary Independent faction. I'm talking about The Age of the Fall. Think about it, Abyss could easily align himself with Delirious, Jimmy Jacobs and Lacey or Rain. Not only would this set TNA on fire but it would gather so many new viewers. TNA could work this gimmick really well seeing as though Dixie, Hulk and Eric would all be terrified. What a site it would be to see Hulk Hogan hanging upside down from the rafters. That would make Pro Wrestling history.

NO. When you have to say hear me out AND this must sound crazy before you voice your opinion, then you know it's a stupid idea. Just no, man. It would make no sense whatsoever.

What a horrible horrible idea. That's actually the one person it would make no sense whatsoever being. But congratulations on coming up with the one idea dumber than Cena being the secret leader of the Nexus. At least he wasn't kayfabed beaten to death by a board full of nails. I can only hope you're not serious and if so, try posting in the spam zone instead.

i know it is a long shot but do any of you think it could be chris jericho his contract is running out and he has done every think in wwe

RVD as They? Don't think so, it would seriously make 0 sense.

Could it be Paul Heyman coming in to take over TNA? Maybe. I think this would be the best bet. "They" has made Abyss take out EV2 and RVD and how cool would it be if Heyman was the one ordering that to happen.

I think this would be the best storyline in wrestling today if it was to happen. All i know is TNA better deliver on "they"

I could see 'They' as a group of former WWE employees. Think about it...
Shelton Benjamin, Hurricane Helms, Mickie James.. the list goes on.

I really think RVD as 'They' makes little sence. It could be Heyman.
It would really be odd-balled if Abyss just standed there not attacking anyone and taking the blame, when Paul Heyman was the one who attacked RVD, then Abyss would get into another fued with RVD after the kayfabe wears down, then Heyman would be Abyss' manager.

No. Rob Van Dam's work days were almost up. So they took him out until his contract expires next year and he can sign a new one. The penalty for exceeding the ammount of work days TNA signed him for was about 1000 per day or something like that. He wasn't taken out as part of an angle. It was due to contractual purposes.

Not to mention this idea is more idiotic than Rosie O'Donnell vs Donald Trump. Why the fuck would TNA turn a guy who can barely make out sentence the evil revolutionary that want to overthrow TNA management. Contrary to popular belief, TNA uses logic too, you know.

They is going to be Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, Bobby Lashley and Ken Shamrock invading TNA under the guise of MMA fighters destroying wrestlers. They will form a faction known as the Submission Kings and rule TNA with an Iron Fist. Until Joe, Angle, AJ and Pope unite and face them all in a six-sided cage submission and knockout match.

My idea is actually more logical than RVD. And that idea was the most illogical and downright impossible scenario I could think of. They is not RVD. Unless you're telling me "RVD told Abyss to hospitalize him and take the title off him so that RVD could control TNA". You suck OP, you suck a lot.

What a horrible horrible idea. That's actually the one person it would make no sense whatsoever being. But congratulations on coming up with the one idea dumber than Cena being the secret leader of the Nexus. At least he wasn't kayfabed beaten to death by a board full of nails. I can only hope you're not serious and if so, try posting in the spam zone instead.

^
Couldn't have put it more splendidly!!

TNA does have us hooked into "Who is THEY?" But I really do hope it's something really good because the hype and build-up to this is brilliant. If it's just Hogan turning heel and joining Abyss, that would piss me off.

Good Luck to them though;as a Pro-Wrestling Fan, I wanna see a positive end to this, I really do!

TNA's writing themselves a mighty big check here, and I'm starting to wonder if anything they do will be enough to satisfy the hype.

(BTW, the original idea sucks in every conceivable way. Just thought I'd have one item in my post that references the OP.)

TNA's been driving at who "THEY" are for months now. It's gone from oblique references dropped by Abyss to the lead piece of mic segments. Whatever it is, it'd have to top the introduction (bleh) of former ECW stars as an invasion, which is the most recent major event and the furthest away I can expect TNA writers believe their fans remember.

They aren't getting Chris Jericho. I will buy a webcam just so I can post a video saying I was wrong if Chris Jericho is "they", but I don't have to worry about it because that idea is ******ed.

Some people will be disappointed regardless of who they get; I mean, it's TNA, they do disappointment very well but some people thought Hardy/Angle sucked, so there you go. I just wonder if they aren't building this up to a point they won't be able to deliver on.

Anyone think this "they" angle = what WCW did with the moment that would change the face of professional wrestling... Goldberg turned heel?

We know that goldberg thing was a horrible let down. TNA needs to deliver on this big time. I think Heyman coming to take out Dixie/Hogan/Bishoff would be exactly what TNA needs. But its "they" so Heyman with someone else that could make a huge impact.

If its another faction of wwe guys or voices in abyss head that is going to be a bigger failure then that WCW angle.

Just when I was about to say how bad of an idea the OP was, joke or otherwise, I saw this..

i know it is a long shot but do any of you think it could be chris jericho his contract is running out and he has done every think in wwe

now THAT was dumb. Jericho is not going anywhere, maybe a small break, little time off, but thats it. Stop, just.. Stop thinking.

I knew someone would say "They" is RVD at some point. Also figured I would see someone say something about "They" ending up being a McMahon. Thank god that hasn't come up yet. This is just like the WWE's GM thing. Have they even figured out who it is going to be yet? or are they looking at who the fans want/think it will be, then make their decision? Who knows. Only time will tell really

I was thinking about this whole "THEY". The more I think about it, I believe it’s either Shane McMahon or Paul Heyman with a group of wrestlers.

If "THEY" is Shane McMahon (very unlikely), he will bring another BEAST with him: Batista (who will become an immediate champion). Other WWE wrestlers may join if this is true (and I'm not talking about Carlito or Haas). Maybe Jericho will join them later.

If "THEY" is Paul Heyman (most likely), he may bring MMA "type" wrestlers with him. Maybe a project of his own (like Brock Lesnar type of wrestler). Mike Knox may also join the faction.

Everybody keeps mentioning Paul Mitchell. Mitchell doesn't have the "authority" or "power" to take Dixie and Hogan/Bishop by himself. I think he is also part of this and regardless who is "THEY", he will join the faction to control Abyss.

I also believe the "Wilson Company" has something to do with this. I think they are the ones that hired either Shane or Heyman.

I've heard rumors of TNA Veterans taking over, and Chris Harris was mentioned. But this "THEY" angle has been hyped so much for just this. I've heard other rumors of an ROH invasion, but I'm not sure about that.

I don't believe it’s a HOGAN/BISCHOFF turning heel (which can also happen on same night). I'm also discarding STING/NASH. I believe "THEY" is not currently on TNA. I also heard a return of Goldberg... I don't think so.

I don't know if this has something to do with the "THEY" storyline but it’s very interesting... Somebody remembers Impact on 07.15.2010? Miss Tessmacher, personal assistant to Eric Bischoff, was on the phone with someone. The person on the other end of the phone must’ve been being difficult because after hanging up she says that when she’s in charge, that person will be the first to go.

My 2 cents!

I wouldn't be surprised if "They" turns out to be Jeff Jarrett in a move to reclaim his ownership of TNA. He did some heelish tatics at No Surrender. Throw in maybe Joe, and there's your They.

One idea would solve two TNA plot problems at once.

Abyss said that "they" will run Dixie Carter and Hogan out of TNA. Which means there has to be some (kayfabe) corporate backing for They.

The "old wolves" still don't make any sense. Nash is siding with Sting because, er, he's not passing on the chance to side with Sting, who is on a crusade against Hogan because...

Because Hogan is bringing in new guys and pushing out the old guys. The Old Guard must band together one last time to stave off the New Blood, er, the younger guys.

At Bound For Glory, Sting and Nash are joined by Jarrett (swerve) and Abyss in a new Main Event Mafia, backed by TNA's sponsors and executives at Spike TV. Spike TV/the sponsors/TNA's bankers aren't happy with the expanded payroll and flat ratings, and they want the Names back in the spotlight.

Tear it up, but it's more logical than what TNA will probably do. (Not an anti-TNA remark, WWE usually isn't as logical as the average fantasy booker either).

This whole 'they' angle is bugging me. TNA is building up expectations to the point where, once 'they' are revealed, it might be disappointment to many. For some reason, this situation reminds me of that with the final episode of Lost. The expectation were so high, people had so many speculations, ideas, theories, that once the final episode aired, for many the lack of satisfactory answers was just disappointment. I fear, that TNA may do something similar, i.e. there wont be any real 'they' persons, since this angle is only about development of Abyss's character, to show how crazy he is.

Thats the problem with people in the wrestling world today, everyone wants to speculate is it the wilbon group, is a christopher daniels, is it a group of wwe guys, everyone wants to speculate so much that it will be a let down, lets face it "They" is a COMPLETE mystery TNA has not given a single clue as to who they might be but everyone is tossing names out their as to who it might be.

This is the first time in a VERY LONG time that wrestling has had such a mystery angle, and honestly everyone wants it to be something huge so TNA can become legit wrestling company that can pose a threat to WWE so the pressure is on, its obvious that people care the problem is no matter what TNA does everyone is going to shoot it down paul heyman, wilbon group, batista and a group of wwe guys, you can bet everyone is going to shit on it, saying TNA needs to build their stars, and if they do keep it in house everyone would flip a shit for a lackluster ending.

I personally have no clue who "They" are and as long as its someone who hasnt been in TNA i will be happy, TNA needs a MAJOR storyline and this is it, they tried giving guys chances like lethal, hernandez, rob terry,etc... it didn't sell

people want to say they are trying to make TNA like WCW I say good, make TNA Impact 3 hours get ride of reaction, and give everyone what they want throughout the show like WCW did the "they" angle is your NWO type storyline. Fortune is your home grown wrestlers for the TNA die hards like the 4 horsemenfor WCW, once fortune gets over have the x-division title worth something and have competive in ring action, with speed, and high flying, do the same for the TV title and make it have the worth of the Intercontinental title of the early 90's. Sadly enough this all depends on who "they" are and if it gets over. Once TNA gets that one major storyline they have to guys to make a run at something special

I want to say your wrong and all but with Russo booking this then this is actually an outside chance as we all know how much he likes big swerves. It would make absolutely no snese at all, I really hope TNA arent dumb enough to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back