What IF Rollins wins the World Heavyweight Championship?

pkrebel

Occasional Pre-Show
I think it's safe to say Seth Rollins won't win the Wwe World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble especially with it being so close the 'Mania and the fact his holds the briefcase, but in the off chance wwe decides to give Rollins the strap do you think he should keep the money in the bank briefcase?

I think if Rollins wins the title then he should be made forfeit the briefcase and have a King of the Ring style competition to determine who gets the contract. The briefcase would still only last as far the next Money in the bank PPV but I think it would be a cool idea and something different than the same old story every year.

Would love to hear all your scenarios if Rollins would become Champ.

Should he keep the briefcase or should he have to forfeit it and if so what happens to the briefcase??

I am still trying to wrap my head around this. So, Rollins is included in the RR match for the championship because he helped bringing back the Authority. But wait, he has the MITB briefcase. So he has to be part of the title match because it's a reward? I mean isn't it more of a punishment? He already has the briefcase, so he can cash it in on whoever is the champion whenever he wants without spending any energy. So why this? What's the benefit of this to Rollins storyline wise? And Heyman and Lesner are fine with it because...? What's the logic?

On topic though, I don't see Rollins winning the match and I don't want to see him trying to cash in and lose. If he cashes in his MITB contract after the match and wins, why was he even in the match? And if he doesn't do anything after not winning the match, what was the point of having him in there? And if he wins and forfeits the briefcase, what was the point of him winning the briefcase in the first place? I have no idea where they want to go with this.

Okay, now really on topic, if he wins, they should simply do another ladder match for the MITB and .....who wins it? May be BNB who Authority seems to favor. Or The Big Show (I can't believe I said that). Or just hold the briefcase hostage so that this farce is over.

well, he also might lose the match, and then cash in. Like..he can roll somewhere around the ring, near the announcers table, wait like 10 minutes till Lesnar and Cena kill themselves, after one of them wins, Rollins with his energy he was saving those 10 minutes will just cash in and win the title anyway. How about that?!

Whats so hard to understand. Not only is he Mr. Money in the Bank now he has another opportunity granted to him to take the title. Last time I checked two is greater than one. At the Royal Rumble Rollins has the chance to steal a victory. If he wins he has two back ups in the rematch clause and MitB if he happens to drop the strap before July. Everyone asks for different twist and now we have one.

Whats so hard to understand. Not only is he Mr. Money in the Bank now he has another opportunity granted to him to take the title. Last time I checked two is greater than one. At the Royal Rumble Rollins has the chance to steal a victory. If he wins he has two back ups in the rematch clause and MitB if he happens to drop the strap before July. Everyone asks for different twist and now we have one.

Spot on. It's thrown a spanner in the mix for sure. Have no idea how it's gunna go down. He won't cash in against Lesnar that's for sure. As already said Cena pins Rollins, lesnar beats down cena, Rollins cashes in......and most likely cena beats him again. I'd like to see Rollins get a reign as heel champ. A a shield triple threat for the title would be the rite main event for mania. And the inevitable reigns win. Lesnar if he is leaving could have a last match against the rock, or a revenge win for taker? Cena becomes the man to conquer Rusev, hhh/sting...and you have mania....apart from daniel Bryan :blush:

Rollins has proven to be a crafty SOB. He will surely empty the bag of dirty tricks. I look for him to piss Brock off which could cause a serious shake up.

He should keep the brief case just in case he ever needs it before it expires. It also makes no sense for The Authority to give anyone else the case while the belt is on their guy.

Personally I'd hate to see Rollins win his first WWEWHC in either a triple threat or a cash-in. Seems wasteful. Then again a triple threat title win over Cena and Lesnar is pretty huge.

I think he's make an awesome champion.

I expect Cena to win, get jumped by the midgets and smacked with the briefcase, which Rollins then cashes in...now here is where I'm a little unsure, but I think either he wins or Lesnar interferes as payback for getting curbstomped by Rollins. I am guessing closer to the time the story will be more obvious.

Remember who came out on stage as Rollins & Co. were walking to the back right before the Authority returned? Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman. Keep that in mind...
At the Royal Rumble, Cena will win the strap. After the match, Lesnar goes bananas and destroys Cena. Again, Heyman/Brock shake hands with Rollins & Co., Rollins cashes in, and wins the strap. That makes the Royal Rumble and the Road to WrestleMania a little less predictable.
I don't see Rollins holding the strap at WrestleMania, but at the least in the short-term, it would provide some much needed entertainment to the WWE product.
Thoughts?

Who cares if Brock was out with the Authority. He seemed very distant and uninterested in what was going on. Brock's character is one that if Rollins tries to cross him Mr. MitB will pay. Only way I see Brock helping Rollins is if the Authority hand over a new briefcase just for Brock, a briefcase full of $$$$.

Cena wins.

Brock beats the life out of him after the match while Seth lies outside the ring away from the action.

Seth cashes in on the opportunity, that's what his character does. He's a great heel and should take advantage of the situation.

I think it's safe to say Seth Rollins won't win the Wwe World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble especially with it being so close the 'Mania and the fact his holds the briefcase, but in the off chance wwe decides to give Rollins the strap do you think he should keep the money in the bank briefcase?

I think if Rollins wins the title then he should be made forfeit the briefcase and have a King of the Ring style competition to determine who gets the contract. The briefcase would still only last as far the next Money in the bank PPV but I think it would be a cool idea and something different than the same old story every year.

Would love to hear all your scenarios if Rollins would become Champ.

Should he keep the briefcase or should he have to forfeit it and if so what happens to the briefcase??

Yeah he should keep it because he won it. Yes, The Authority is in charge so they got Rollins' back but what if The Authority is out of power again?

Having the MITB Briefcase not only would show how dominant The Authority is but it gives Rollins insurance incase creative decides to go a different direction than having Rollins in the title picture again.

It's not guaranteed Rollins would get his rematch clause based on what happened with Orton and he was a member of The Authority .

The Rollins inclusion definitely has me thinking he's just being used as an out for something - either Brock pins him so that Cena can avoid taking a direct pinfall loss (because god forbid Cena should take another clean loss against the most dominant star on the roster), or Cena pins him so that they can get the championship off of Brock in a way that still has him looking strong/unbeaten for whoever he does end up fighting at Wrestlemania.

I'm really hoping Rollins doesn't walk away with the championship, though. A two-month title reign before dropping it would be disappointing.

Seth's involvement here definitely means that something is going to go down. There are 3 scenarios I can see WWE possibly going with:

1. Lesnar retains the title, pinning Cena. Rollins, who has been hiding at ringside most of the match cashes in his briefcase on a weakened Lesnar who still manages to retain the belt.

2. Same thing, Rollins cashes in on a weakened Lesnar after the match and pins him to become WWE Champion- however, I think this is unlikely to happen.

3. John Cena pins Rollins to become WWE Champion for the 16th time. Lesnar, who is angered he has lost the belt without being pinned absolutely destroys Cena post-match, and Rollins who has recovered from his pinfall defeat, cashes in the briefcase on a battered Cena and pins him to become WWE Champion.

4. Cena wins the title, Rollins cashes in and loses meaning Cena leaves as WWE Champion.

I'm playing these scenarios over in my head, trying to work out which direction the WWE is going to go for Wrestlemania and I can't figure it out. I honestly don't think the company knows themselves, unlike years ago when it was clear who was going to get the push of winning the Royal Rumble and who was going to be Champion going into Wrestlemania.

With Lesnar's WWE future uncertain, the debate as to whether Roman Reigns is ready for the main event, Daniel Bryan's return, the involvement of the Authority, Rollins still having the MITB briefcase, the possibility of a 3 way Shield members title match at WM, and the fact Cena seems to be in a title match nearly every WM, there are some big decisions that need to be made at WWE Headquarters!

WWE has the potential to do something brand new with the Money In The Bank briefcase here. Seth Rollins could win the World Heavyweight Championship but STILL also hold the Money In The Bank briefcase. He would within kayfabe be nearly impossible to defeat, as the briefcase grants him the opportunity for an immediate rematch if anyone ever defeats him. Everyone always talks about how the same old tactics are done with each briefcase holder. A heel cashes in on a champion that just got attacked, and takes the belt. This the opposite of that. Instead of being used as a weapon against a weakened champion, the briefcase is a shield (no pun intended) against challengers, making them have to possibly defeat Rollins twice in the same night. If he won at the Royal Rumble it would make him a nearly unbeatable World Champion up until Money In The Bank 2015, he still has half a year left to cash in that thing.

Lesnar and Rollins work together to dominate Cena at Royal Rumble on the deal that Lesnar gets the pin.

Lesnar wins the match, but is immediately betrayed by Rollins and the rest of th Authority and attacked. Rollins curb stomps Lesnar and cashes in MITB to win the title.

Randy Orton returns at the rumble and wins

Lesnar turns face during the lead up to a rematch against Rollins at Fast Lane.

Orton attacks Rollins several times during the 2 months between Royal Rumble and WM31. He cements himself as a tweener and not a face when he attacks Rollins during his title match at Fast Lane causing Lesnar to be dqed.

Rollins retains the title at WM31, and goes on to have a triple threat match against Orton and Lesnar at Extreme Rules.

I'm not so sure about Cena winning the Title at RR... Remember it will be his 16th title and I'm sure they would want the "Ric Flair equaling" title reign to last more than a couple of minutes.

I'm not so sure about Cena winning the Title at RR... Remember it will be his 16th title and I'm sure they would want the "Ric Flair equaling" title reign to last more than a couple of minutes.

Just to clarify, I meant I'm not so sure about Cena winning and Rollins cashing in his MiTB contract at RR.

Cena is going to win. WWE/Vince loves Cena too much. He has to win the tie breaker which is "Their final battle". Cena and Lesnar are 2 and 2 right now. Cena lost the first match in 2003, won the match at extreme rules 2012, lost the match at summerslam 2014 and won the match via DQ at Night of champions/whatever.

It is Cena's turn to win. He can NOT be made to look weak. Seth was added so Cena can pin him so Cena is still strong while Brock still looks strong.

I can't believe WWE fans are so blind to this. Stop sipping the WWE kool-aid. LOL

He should keep the brief case just in case he ever needs it before it expires.

Interesting thought. It occurs to me that if Damien Sandow were in Rollins' position, after winning the title, he would cash in the briefcase.....on himself. He'd beat himself up, pin himself.....and celebrate being a two-time world champion. :blush:

To answer the original question, unless WWE forced Rollins to give up the briefcase once he won the world title, it would behoove him to keep it. That way, if he lost the title, he'd still have a way to get it back with a shortcut.....in other words, the same way Seth has been handling business all along.

Nothing bad about doing it this way, either; he earned the MITB, it's his to keep until time expires.

I think there's a lot of variables to play with in the match itself, the briefcase and fragile alliances. But if Rollins wins the match without cashing in, I think he holds onto both. He'll be booked as the "insured" World Champion, which has potential in and of itself. Rollins would be in the unique position to win back his championship in an immediate rematch with the briefcase were he to lose the title, or were he to lose after his rematch clause.

I would love for one of the faces to lawyer up if Rollins loses and then cashes in and wins. Stating that the MitB briefcase guarantees a title shot, which he technically received in the RR match therefore voiding the contract in the briefcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back