WHAT IF?!?.... Punk VS Bryan for the US Championship....

keith hall

the streak will not be BEAT!!!
OK...kill me if this has been made before. but i just got through watching the CM Punk Best In The World DVD and i was kinda intriged by what punk said WWE had originnaly planned for WM 27. the punk vs orton match wasnt their first idea...they wanted to have punk vs bryan for the us title instead...

what would WWE look like today if Punk had fought bryan instead of orton...
  • would he still had been the leader of the nex nexus....
  • who would have if he didnt
  • would he have still got to deliver the pipe bomb?
  • who would've feuded with orton?
  • would punk vs bryan be the dark match like sheamus vs bryan was?
  • where would he be now?

well what do you think?

Well, to be honest the match between CM Punk & Randy Orton probably drew more ratings than a Punk/Bryan match would've. I'm not saying the ratings were good or bad, I don't know what they were. But a Punk/Bryan match would not have drawn the same rating. And with the current progressive downfall of the WWE, that is all that Vince McMahon is trying for. He doesn't appear willing to roll the dice, & the WWE seems to be trying too hard to impress.

Would he still have been the leader of new nexus?

I don't know, I'm not sure it would've changed the course for him. If anything it would've made an even bigger case for CM Punk to take over Nexus, because Daniel Bryan was a part of the original Nexus.

Who would have if he didn't?
Good question, I really don't see too many candidates. I can see The Miz, or Randy Orton, or Triple H leading it. But I really do think WWE made the right call with Punk.

Would he still have delivered the pipe bomb?
Which one? He's dropped too many to know.

And I honestly don't have an answer to the other questions..

I don't think anything would've been different at all. Punk still would've been the leader of the New Nexus, I don't see how him feuding with Bryan would've changed that, they would've been placed in the dark match with it then turning into a Battle Royal with the Nexus and other WWE superstars involved, if Sheamus was placed on the dark card then Punk would've easily been, and few months later Punk still would've dropped his pipebomb. And as for Orton, he probably would've just faced Sheamus. Nothing would've changed.

At that time, Punk vs. Orton would have probably been a bigger draw. Up until December 2011, Daniel Bryan was basically sort of a garden variety, generic babyface. I always believed he had the potential to be more but, at that time, that's all he was. It would've been a great match no doubt but it wouldn't have lived up to the matches we saw last year in which Bryan & Punk were feuding for the WWE Championship.

Bryan had just come off a significant World Heavyweight Championship run, he was one of the most over heels on the roster and he now had an intriguing personality/character to go with his incredible in-ring skills. He was no longer just another generic guys on the roster who could wrestle. He was someone that was very evenly matched with CM Punk overall. He was a former World Champion himself, he drew huge heat from the audience and is physically in the same ballpark as Punk.

Ultimately, waiting on a Punk vs. Bryan feud paid of for both men. Punk is now the longest reigning World Champion the WWE has seen in more than a quarter century. Daniel Bryan spent the entire first half of 2012 as a World Champion or trying to become one and the last 3 months of the year spearheading a revitalization of tag team wrestling relevance in WWE.

I think that match would have been the dark match... Orton could have wrestled anyone & it would have worked... & I also think Punk still would have gotten to his breaking point & given the chance to speak his mind... But my question is why not have the match now? Once both men are out of the current roles (Which will be awhile) have Daniel Bryan win the title, Punk come out & say no one cares about the US Title that he just lost something that matters, his WWE Title. Them going back & forth until DB opens a challenge claiming that the man makes the belt. Could be a great SummerSlam match up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back