Solving the Punk / Bryan Dilemma....

boywithatoy

Occasional Pre-Show
I've been thinking about how WWE solves this dilemma they have with Punk leaving due not main eventing WM and fans being upset that Daniel Bryan is not in the main event. To me, the solution seems quite simple.

Put Punk in the EC match. Have the last 2 as Punk and Bryan. Punk goes to deliver GTS but in the process of Bryan fighting him off the ref gets knocked out. Bryan (unaware the ref is knocked out) reverses it and puts Punk in the Yes lock. Punk (again, unaware the ref is knocked out) taps out. Another ref comes in, by which time Punk has recovered, hits the GTS and pins Bryan and Punk wins the title.

However, the next night on Raw, HHH declares Punks victory invalid as it was not the officially sanctioned ref making the 3 count. Vince's music hits. He comes out and they show footage of Punk tapping out to Bryan. Vince says that although Punk has a legitimate claim to being champion so does Bryan. And of course Orton still has his rematch clause. So they make it Orton v Batista v Punk v Bryan for the title at WM.

Punk gets his main event slot that he wants. Bryan gets his main event slot that the fans want and the powers that be get Orton and Batista which is what they want. How difficult is that to work out? It's not brain science or rocket surgery!

Not feeling this to be honest. Ref bumps, a semi Dusty finish, a four way main event, Vince interference, not for me. I'd rather they stayed the course with their present mindset than see this at WM30.

How you'd get around the very real possibility that Punk has actually walked out could be the major hurdle here though.

I'm not going to get into the argument about whether or not Punk leaving is a work.

But either way, he's not going to be back for the Elimination Chamber.

If its not a work: His grievances are not the kind he's going to get over in a couple weeks.

If it is a work: They would keep him off TV long enough for people to kind of move on, so when he does return its a bigger deal.

Honestly, I say let Bryan vs Triple H main event wrestlemania and have randy Orton beat Batista at wrestlemania.

Extreme rules in Bryan's hometown, Bryan finally wins the wwe title.

Personally, I believe if Punk is genuinely of the opinion that he should be in the ME and that is the only way he would return...then, it is ultimately going to be Punk vs Bryan for the Main Event slot.
Batista, remember, is also signed as a full-timer for 2 years, according to reports.
Someone will surely be disappointed in all of this.No two ways about it.

They should have the pipebomb 2.0 where cm punk comes back and basically says how he really feels and Batista comes out. Punk says the fans want him not a has been and challenges Batista to a match at ec for the #1 contendership he makes Batista tap in 17 seconds. Later in the night Bryan wins the chamber and as a metaphor for his struggles he eliminates sheamus cena and Orton in that order. Bryan vs punk main event aka what the fans actually want.

They should have the pipebomb 2.0 where cm punk comes back and basically says how he really feels and Batista comes out. Punk says the fans want him not a has been and challenges Batista to a match at ec for the #1 contendership he makes Batista tap in 17 seconds. Later in the night Bryan wins the chamber and as a metaphor for his struggles he eliminates sheamus cena and Orton in that order. Bryan vs punk main event aka what the fans actually want.

Ideal, except for where they completely job out millions of dollars worth of talent to create a match they gave us three times in 2012.

Monday on Raw they should:

- Have Brock Lesnar attack Christian and cause havoc and replace him in the Chamber.

- Have Batista turn HEEL immediately and cut a heel promo on Daniel Bryan and how he's better and the people should be cheering him, so on and so forth. Attack Daniel Bryan.

-Have the authority come out and redo the qualifying match due to the Wyatt family involvement on Raw. Instead of a tag match, make 3 singles matches, with the winner qualifying:

Punk(Replacing Bryan due to Batista attacking him) vs Reigns
Cena vs Ambrose
Sheamus vs Rollins

Punk, Cena, Sheamus win, all with some type of Wyatt Family interference setting up Wyatt Family vs The Shield at EC and the beginning of the dissension inside the Shield. (Bray would cut some awesome promos to get in their heads).

Elimination Chamber:

So the Elimination Chamber Match now becomes:
Punk
Cena
Sheamus
Cesaro
Lesnar
Orton
- Punk Wins the WWE Championship in the Chamber

- Bryan and Batista go at it, putting Batista's RR #1 Contender Spot on the line. Bryan Wins w/ Interference from Lesnar or Orton*. Sets up Lesnar vs Batista at WM30
*(IF Sting faces taker at WM30 Lesnar interferes, if not, Orton interferes, sets up Evolution Triple Treat Match - Triple H vs Orton vs Batista at WM30).

WrestleMania 30:
- Punk vs Bryan - WWE Championship Main Event (Iron Man Match?)
- Undertaker vs Sting
- Triple H vs Orton - No Holds Barred
- Batista vs Brock (MMA Style match, perhaps?)
- Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns
- Bray vs Cena
- Sheamus/Show vs Wyatt Family
- Fatal 4 Way Ladder Tag Team Championship Match (NAO, Brotherhood, Real Americans, Usos)
- Kofi vs Jericho/RVD
- Big E vs Ziggler - IC Championship
- Insert Legends Spots and Divas Tile Match
- Hogan Guest Host

Everyone is happy.

I honestly think he is just taking time off. Don't you think going straight to Vince is a coincidence? Weren't we supposed to get a battle for control of the WWE? HHH is obviously a heel and is getting major heat. Vince coming back onscreen and returning with Punk to start the feud with HHH will make the audience explode with joy! Punk will be fighting for the people that bust their ass all year just to get the shaft at Mania.

HHH's buddies are all coming back or in major storylines, Brock Lesner, Sheamus, Batista and Randy Orton are both fighting for the title, NAO are the tag champs. All of these guys will all be in marquee matches.

If they do a match for control of the company with Vince in Punk's corner, the match should and probably would be the main event of Wrestlemania. In the end CM Punk gets what he wants.

On to Daniel Bryan, I believe the Punk story can play into almost any match at Mania. If you read above, all of HHH's guys will be involved at Mania. Bryan vs Sheamus wouldn't actually be that bad, as Sheamus would be one of HHH's cronies. He could even be in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match, but it could easily happen when Extreme Rules which is in Washington I believe. Punk beating HHH can bring the change that the fans want.

WE THE PEOPLE!

Honestly, I say let Bryan vs Triple H main event wrestlemania and have randy Orton beat Batista at wrestlemania.

Extreme rules in Bryan's hometown, Bryan finally wins the wwe title.

I think that would be the plan, but I think you have to give Bryan the title at Wrestlemania. It's only right to have 80,000 chanting YES at the end of the show.

Don't you think going straight to Vince is a coincidence?

I'm not debating whether it's a work or not, but it's no coincidence. Punk has said numerous times that he and Vince text each other all the time and how he essentially has him on speed dial.

Personally, I would HATE to see WWE bend to Punk. He was given the ball for a long time. His face persona is stale, in ring work has been sloppy the last few months. He is a great talent, but not nearly the calbre (reminder: I strictly mean money making caLIber, as I DO believe he has talent on the level with) Rock, Austin, HBK, Hogan. They all walked away and WWE survived. You can't let one man hold a company hostage because he isn't getting his way. You let the fans do that for you ;)

I wouldn't hate the idea of a fatal-4-way. These matches can be entertaining and of a high quality. It just depends on the wrestlers involved. There was a fatal-4-way at Backlash in 2007, Orton, Edge, Cena, HBK. One of my favourite matches of that era. It was absolutely fantastic and the ending was amazing. Of course, Shawn Michaels wouldn't be available but Batista, Punk and Bryan are all experienced and talented enough to pull this off.

Who knows where Punk will be during WM30. If this isn't a work then I can't see him returning and getting a title shot. Can you imagine Vince begging Punk to come back and then giving him a title shot. If this is a work he is facing Triple H. There is also a chance that Batista has been guaranteed the WWE WHC title.

I'd much prefer Bryan being lumped into the title match then having Batista/Orton and Bryan/Sheamus. That is an awful combination of those four superstars and if the reports are true (they seem to be right about Cena/Wyatt) then I'll be disappointed. The Punk situation can change everything. If he isn't around then Bryan will probably face Triple H. Where that leaves Sheamus is probably irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I'd definitely be interested in a Punk/Bryan/Orton/Batista match. It could be a great watch; however, it has no chance of happening.

I think that would be the plan, but I think you have to give Bryan the title at Wrestlemania. It's only right to have 80,000 chanting YES at the end of the show.

The one thing they could do - the only thing they could do - short of giving Bryan the Championship at WM and keep the fans from rioting, is to make the match with HHH a stipulation match where if Bryan wins he has an iron-clad match for the championship at ER in Seattle. If that's stipulated and built up a week before WM, then I think Bryan going over HHH at WM would be enough to keep the fans happy, and it certainly would result in a huge "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant being delivered (which the company does want to see). Also, I'd let that match close out the event so that it's the last thing the fans see. This way there's much less of a chance that they hijack other matches. If they know that's coming they'll probably be okay in the Orton/Batista match. At least as "okay" as can reasonably be expected with such a crap match to begin with.

Since I'm positive the Punk issue is NOT a work, I really don't have any scenario to offer. He might or might not come back in time for WM. Not sure how it would or could play out in that regard.

Vince McMahon is not known as the kind of guy to give in. He's vengeful. If Punk is really gone, WWE will move on. I can't see Vince begging Punk to come back by saying "fine we'll give you a title shot" or whatever. That's not how he does business. The way he does do business has made him a multi-billionaire.

The one thing they could do - the only thing they could do - short of giving Bryan the Championship at WM and keep the fans from rioting, is to make the match with HHH a stipulation match where if Bryan wins he has an iron-clad match for the championship at ER in Seattle. If that's stipulated and built up a week before WM, then I think Bryan going over HHH at WM would be enough to keep the fans happy, and it certainly would result in a huge "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant being delivered (which the company does want to see). Also, I'd let that match close out the event so that it's the last thing the fans see. This way there's much less of a chance that they hijack other matches. If they know that's coming they'll probably be okay in the Orton/Batista match. At least as "okay" as can reasonably be expected with such a crap match to begin with.

Since I'm positive the Punk issue is NOT a work, I really don't have any scenario to offer. He might or might not come back in time for WM. Not sure how it would or could play out in that regard.

Been saying this since the story broke about ER being built around DB .. peeps need to stop ripping off my stuff, LOL :lmao::lmao:

if you want the YES! chant to finish the show, i would have the HHH/Bryan match, Taker match, then the WWE WHC match, with the HHH/Bryan match having the title shot stipulation, hell, even without it, so when Batista wins, after a brief celebration Bryan's music hits, he comes out stands at the top of the ramp, and just leads the crowd with the YES! chant.

cause giving him the belt before WM doesn't make sense to me, have him win it in his home town, crowd would be electric, and everything works out at Mania
Makes sense to me!

if you want the YES! chant to finish the show, i would have the HHH/Bryan match, Taker match, then the WWE WHC match, with the HHH/Bryan match having the title shot stipulation, hell, even without it, so when Batista wins, after a brief celebration Bryan's music hits, he comes out stands at the top of the ramp, and just leads the crowd with the YES! chant.

cause giving him the belt before WM doesn't make sense to me, have him win it in his home town, crowd would be electric, and everything works out at Mania
Makes sense to me!

Good call. That would certainly work! Which of course is why we won't see anything close to it. LOL

Daniel Bryan is not in the main event.... yet. The WrestleMania main event isn't firmed up until Elimination Chamber typically. Now's not the time to boohoo the WWE for Batista winning the Rumble. It's the time to applaud them for brilliantly working the "smarts" by bringing back another buddy of Trips to play heel against Bryan.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt there a huge push for Punk/Bryan at WM30 sometime ago? I know the fans want Bryan in the Main event and Punk also. But really are you looking at the bigger picture?

I am looking at Punk leaving as a 'Work'. And I see it going in an NWO direction. You have Punk leave and have others follow. Only to have them return strong and Challenge the rest of the roster who dont leave for control.

I am looking at Punk leaving as a 'Work'.

Today it was announced that WWE is offering refunds to fans who purchased Wrestlemania AXXESS tickets because CM Punk was advertised to be there, and now he isn't.

Do you honestly think that the WWE is going to offer REFUNDS in order to perpetrate this "work" of CM Punk leaving?

I don't believe everything that we hear from "behind the scenes" is legit. But come on, isn't it just more likely that this guy who has an inflated sense of his own importance in the industry, and whose contract was expiring in less than a year anyway, just "took his ball and went home"?

If he takes a year off, gets his head straight, and comes back in a year, are you going to say that him bailing out 2 months before WM and his 1 year hiatus was all a work?

It's not hard to solve this problem...

CM Punk: Cut him out of all future storylines and replace him with someone else, it's as simple as that.

Daniel Bryan: This is tougher, they might have to give him a short title run to shut the fans up since they're so immature.

There... Problem solved. :)

How I'd solve The Punk Bryan Dilema is let Punk walk first of all. If he thinks he should be in the main event and working a Triple H match at WM for probably a big pay day is beneath him then he can get out. If this was my company if you want to walk out because you're a baby who whines and complains when they don't get their way then I'm going to push you out. As far as Bryan, I like the ideas of having Triple H vs Bryan for a shot at ER. That's probably the route they should go. If not then the crowd will chant Bryan and other stuff during the title match. The night after RAW Batista can just cut a heel promo on him about how he's better and will destroy him to shut his fans up. At ER Bryan has to win the title though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back