Punk didn't quit, Batista a hit and Bryan stays fit!!!!

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
3 huge situations have completely changed the landscape of WWE television and PPV this year. These are CM Punk quitting, Batista getting booed and Daniel Bryan getting injured.

Here we are, 2 weeks away from Summerslam where WWE Champion John Cena is about to defend against Brock Lesnar. I have absolutely no issues with this at all, a great main event but had the three things I mentioned earlier not have happened, then we all know things would be different.

I have a few theories of my own on my how things would have panned out...and also taken a knock on effect to other superstars.

CM Punk
He was involved in a feud with Kane and The Authority. Kane cost him the Rumble so it was pretty much nailed on that Elimination Chamber would have seen Punk get screwed again. Onto Wrestlemania, it looked like Punk and Triple H would lock horns and I still maintain that EVENTUALLY the stipulation which featured in the Bryan vs Triple H match would have being installed. Contract negotiations were on the horizon and we all know Punk wanted to wrestle the Main Event at Wrestlemania so I think he would have gotten his wish as a sweetener. Orton vs Batista vs Punk. I think Punk was being very short sighted and impatient like a lot of the IWC! I very much doubt Punk would have won the match - not until he signed a contract anyway. I think Triple H would have continued to screw Punk out of the Title and this would have continued the feud with the Authority before Punk left WWE - probably in a haanicap quit match.

Batista
So the crowd by in large is happy with what WWE are doing and don't turn on Batista. Batista is a fans favorite - still wins the Rumble, still wins against Del Rio and he wins the Title at Wrestlemania 30. Evolution never reform and Batista defends his title in a rematch against Orton and Punk at Extreme Rules. Payback would be Batistas next PPV and last PPV - and this is where WWE would have pulled the trigger on the white hot Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan
I think this one is the most complicated to predict because the storyline that Bryan went in to against the Authority was destined for Punk. I still think his feud with Bray Wyatt would have continued and probably teamed with fan favourites Sheamus and Cena. There was very strong rumours of a match between Bryan and Sheamus at Wrestlemania 30 so Sheamus could have turned on Bryan (Wyatts continued the assault on Cena starting their feud). Extreme Rules would have seen the rematch between Bryan and Sheamus and then finally Bryan would have gotten his shot at Payback against Batista before winning the Title. Bryan would have probably had a tune up match Kane or maybe even Triple H at MITB and Battleground. This would have still called for 'plan c' and taken him all the way to Summerslam where Brock Lesnar awaited.

Sheamus
This guy was destined to turn heel and join the Authority instead of Batista. They kept him face because of Punks departure and Batistas heel turn.

John Cena
Cena was also primed to face Wyatt. After that feud I do not know because if Bryan was Champion, I doubt that MITB would have had the ladder match for the title. After his feud with Wyatt was over I think that a feud with Rusev would have taken place. Fresh meat for Cena, American vs Russian still works, Swagger probably still a heel. Maybe even joining forces with Rusev for extra heat.

The Shield
This is the big one here - a huge knock on effect regarding The Shield. The group was disbanded, Reigns turned heel and seemingly pushed to the moon to make up from the face roster losses to Punk, Bryan and Batista. I think that The Shield would have imploded after Elimination Chamber and that a triple threat match would have being made for Wrestlemania 30. I believe that Reigns would have won and then Ambrose and Rollins would have turned heel on him and stuck together as a tag. Probably seeing a handicap match at Extreme Rules where they could revenge the Mania loss. I possibly think that The Shield would have gotten a new member.

So recap.....

Elimination Chamber
WWE Title - Orton (c) vs Punk vs Kane vs Cesaro vs Christian vs Shield Member
Bryan/Sheamus/Cena vs The Wyatt Family
Batista vs Del Rio

Wrestlemania 30
WWE Title - Orton (c) vs Batista vs Punk
Punk vs Triple H
Cena vs Wyatt
Bryan vs Sheamus
Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins

Extreme Rules
WWE Title - Batista (c) vs Orton vs Punk
Cena vs Wyatt
Bryan vs Sheamus
Reigns vs Ambrose/Rollins

Payback
WWE Title - Batista (c) vs Bryan
Punk vs Orton
Cena vs Wyatt

MITB
WWE Title - Bryan (c) vs Kane
Quit Match - Punk vs Orton/Sheamus/Triple H
MITB Match - Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose vs Cena vs Wyatt

Battleground
WWE Title - Bryan (c) vs Triple H
Cena vs Rusev

Summerslam
WWE Title Bryan (c) vs Lesnar

So what are your thoughts? I have probably used 66% head for this and 34% heart!

Batista
So the crowd by in large is happy with what WWE are doing and don't turn on Batista. Batista is a fans favorite - still wins the Rumble, still wins against Del Rio and he wins the Title at Wrestlemania 30. Evolution never reform and Batista defends his title in a rematch against Orton and Punk at Extreme Rules. Payback would be Batistas next PPV and last PPV - and this is where WWE would have pulled the trigger on the white hot Daniel Bryan.

While I'll agree with some of what you said, this is the part that I think throws off your whole scenario. The night Batista became a heel was the night he won the Rumble. That crowd wanted Bryan, period. If anyone else had won (even Punk) they would've gotten a bad reaction. Batista was like a sacrificial lamb in this instance, and at the time when we were led to believe the main event was to be Orton/Batista, he never could've recovered to become a face because his fate was sealed the second he won the RR.

Plus, all that momentum for Bryan came because the people wanted him to main event WM, if they had held off for several months before giving that shot, I don't think he would still be as hot as he was leading into WM.

I think a major issue here is that the people wanted Daniel Bryan. They didn't want CM Punk. CM Punk hadn't been as hot as Bryan was in 2013 since the Summer of Punk in 2011. Any scenario in which Daniel Bryan didn't win at Wrestlemania seems underwhelming and unfeasible. As the poster above me said, if they'd left Bryan out until after Wrestlemania they would have turned on WWE regardless. You have to go with what the fans want, and a second Bryan vs Sheamus match at Wrestlemania would have caused even more outrage than the first one did.

I think the only reason people weren't happy about Batista's return was because of WWE booking him to win the RR essentially in his first match back with the company. Not only that but this was all during a time where if your name wasn't Daniel Bryan, you were bound to get booed like hell no matter who you were. For Batista, it's just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This whole "CM Punk was supposed to fight the authority" reasoning is completely bogus, and is probably only believed by CM Punk marks.

The sad, cold, truth for CM Punk is that Daniel Bryan surpassed him as the hottest thing in wrestling. Actually, Bryan sped past Punk at 90 mph. The "Yes Movement" was far more hot than any CM Punk gimmick.

So when people suggest and parrot that the only reason Bryan got his spot was because CM Punk left, it not only incinuates that Punk would have recieved a better reaction, which he wouldn't have, but it flies in the face of one of the reasons Punk is suggested to have left in the first place...

He said he wanted the main event of Wrestlemania.

Well, fueding with the authority would have given him that.

In sizing up CM Punk, I think his ego couldn't handle it. How he entered the Royal Rumble and just couldn't believe that he, the cult favorite, was in the ring, and yet people were chanting "DANIEL BRYAN" as if Punk was just another stiff.

I, like everyone else that isn't a CM Punk mark, realized right then and there that Bryan was far ahead of CM Punk. Shortly after that, Punk took his ball and went home.

This is what should happen at summerslam but won't:
Lesnar wins
While he is celebrating, out comes Daniel bryan SURPRISE!! leading a huge YES Chant
Bryan and Lesnar have a stare off then as soon as they are about to fight CM Punks music hits he comes out to a bigger pop than Daniel Bryan he gets in the ring and now all 4 guys Lesnar Bryan Punk and Cena are all Staring at each other to close out the show

Night of Champions:
Lesnar (C) vs Cena vs Bryan vs Punk
Punk pins lesnar and Bryan pins cena at the same time
They don't know who to crown champion Punk or Bryan
They end the show to Bryan and Punk arguing on who is champion by raising their hands one at a time
(This writes cena and lesnar off tv, cena gets to film his movie and rest from wwe for a little bit and lesnar takes his usual hiatus)

Hell In A Cell:
Punk vs Bryan for the championship
Outcome of the match: no contest due to interference of the Authority (Randy Orton and Triple H)

Survivor Series:
Punk vs Bryan vs Orton maybe triple h...it doesn't really matter
Bryan wins cleanly
Cm punk gets written of Tv for a little bit

TLC:
Bryan retains cleanly against who ever he faces

Royal Rumble:
Bryan Retains against cleanly to whoever he faces

The Rumble: Late in the rumble out comes cm punk big pop
then out comes cena big pop as well
it comes down to Punk and Cena
They both eliminate each other at the same time
nobody can decide who should go on to WM so they both go on

Elimination Chamber:
Bryan once again wins cleanly
But wait!! In all of this we forgot about Mr. MITB Seth Rolllins
Rollins cashes in successfully much to the delight of the Authority

WM31:
Punk vs Cena vs Bryan vs Rollins (C)
Punk gets his much wanted and DESERVED WM moment and wins the championship
From there starts and Punk/Rollins feud

you could still even do this without punk by replacing him with someone like reigns, ambrose, cesaro...etc

Bryan had to win the title at WM 30 that's a given with how hot he was heading towards it and should have won the Rumble on the way.

Batista's return was just really badly timed IMO as it could have cost Bryan getting his deserved WM moment.

Punk I feel would have left anyway but I would like to think maybe on better terms if it was Bryan getting the main event at Mania and not the returning part timer of Batista as he was getting married and just needed a break. Maybe he could have returned the night after Summerslam refreshed and build towards winning the 2015 Royal Rumble maybe.

Bryan would be facing Lesnar at Summerslam instead of Cena with Lesnar leaving as Champion I think and losing it before Mania.

Lesnar (c) V Cena could be at Survivor Series or Rumble which is where Lesnar would lose the title after beating Cena but the MITB holder would cash in!

Lesnar would blame Cena for him losing the title and they would have their rematch at WM 31, with Punk (RR winner) winning the title off Rollins (If it would still have been him who won the MITB contract).

It;s difficult to judge how things might have gone!

I think people are missing the point, YES! Daniel Bryan was hot as hell but if the fans didn't turn on Batista, then they would ahve had a fan favourite in the Main Event. Fans turned on Batista because of Daniel Bryan!

Also, if Punk hadn't of quit he was primed to fight the authority. It was absolute common knowledge that Punk and Triple H were to have a match at Mania and I still maintain the stipulation was to be added to appease Punk at some point.

WWE teased the fans with Bryan all along and holding him back just made him even more popular AND made the Authority even less popular! Marks, IWC members whatever still do not realise this!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back