What Happened to Pokemon?

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
Last time I checked and really paid any attention to Pokemon, it was during it's initial craze in the late 90s/early 00s. There were only 150 in total (151 if you counted Mew) and you had to catch 'em all. Well, I walked into my brother's room yesterday and he was watching T.V. and I said to him, "That looks like a show I used to be into as a kid. It was called Pokemon". He says to me, "That is Pokemon". I couldn't believe it. I didn't recognize any of the characters or any of the Pokemon.

He started to explain to me some of the Pokemon's story over the last few years, but I'm still all confused. Back in the day, Mew and Mewtwo were head and shoulders the most powerful Pokemon and there were only three legendary Pokemon Articuno, Zapdos, and that fire one and they were all birds. Charizard was the most revered and sought after Pokemon and was part of the big three with him, Blastoise, and that one with the flowers on it, Venisaur or something.

My brother was telling me about Pokemon that created the universe, and time, and land, and the seas, and air, and dark, and light, and on and on. What has happened to Pokemon and is it worth catching up on?

I particularly like how you pretend not to know Venusaur.

I know the Pokemon, but for a second there I really couldn't remember his name. I know that the Sun Beam was my favorite attack on Pokemon Blue and Red and Pokemon Stadium and he did that attack.

Барбоса;5767281 said:
Missingno technically has a Pokedex number too...

I recall in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum you can summon it with an Action Replay, with the calculator Poketch hack. Catching it broke the game.
And if you selected a dex number higher than 493 (Arceus, the last Pokémon in the Dex at that time), you'd battle an egg. It only knew splash and had all stats at 1. Defeating it yielded little exp, and catching it broke the game.

For a guy who started on PONG and has been playing video games ever since, it's surprising that a popular franchise like Pokeman got by me. Never got hooked into it.

I particularly like how you pretend not to know Venusaur.

As someone who frequently doesn't know things about Pokemon but still enjoys occasionally observing Pokemon culture, it's really not that hard to find out anything you could possibly need to know about any Pokemon.

I recall in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum you can summon it with an Action Replay, with the calculator Poketch hack. Catching it broke the game.
And if you selected a dex number higher than 493 (Arceus, the last Pokémon in the Dex at that time), you'd battle an egg. It only knew splash and had all stats at 1. Defeating it yielded little exp, and catching it broke the game.

I remember catching it in Blue. Then when I levelled it up it evolved into a Kangaskhan that knew Sky Attack.

I remember catching it in Blue. Then when I levelled it up it evolved into a Kangaskhan that knew Sky Attack.

Ah, yes. In Yellow I had one evolve into a Pidgeot with Psybeam. Forgot about that til now.

I remember using that Pidgeot on Pokémon Stadium. Watching the Psybeam blast come from its beak was humorous to say the least.

Ah, yes. In Yellow I had one evolve into a Pidgeot with Psybeam. Forgot about that til now.

I remember using that Pidgeot on Pokémon Stadium. Watching the Psybeam blast come from its beak was humorous to say the least.

I remember using Racecar (my Missing Number Kangaskhan) in Stadium too and he worked perfectly normal. Then I challenged a friend to a battle. He sent out a Machamp thinking he had the advantage. His face when I unleashed Sky Attack was priceless.

The big mystery though. What did Raichu evolve into?

[YOUTUBE]9Magb0fxM4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Pokémon will always hold a special place but this is where I draw the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back