Pokemon Black and White Sequels Announced Today

Junichi Masuda just appeared on Pokemon Smash and announced Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, the sequels of Black and White. Both games will be released for the Nintendo DS in June 2012 but will apparently sport additional DSi and 3DS features. The game mascots will apparently be the two new formes of Kyurem that were shown in the movie poster earlier. They seem to be some sort of combination of Kyurem and Reshiram (Ice / Fire?) and Kyurem and Zekrom (Ice / Electric?). Their names, Masuda promised, will be revealed later.

SOURCE: http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/pokemon-black-2-pokemon-white-2-announced-on-pokemon-smash

I enjoyed playing Black and White and I was actually expecting an announcement of a sister game to Black and White (like Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire and Platinum was to Pearl and Diamond) instead of a sequel. I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone in expecting the eventual announcement of Pokemon Grey! But I guess this makes sense since some of the events in Black and White kinda had me wanting a sequel anyway. Not much to go on now since the announcement was just made today but I gotta say I'm pretty damn stoked. Perhaps we'll see the return of one of my personal favorite Pokemon game characters in N? I sure hope so. Thoughts or speculation on the upcoming sequels, Pokemon fans?

YAY

Brilliant that they're actually using Kyurem for something, I didn't even know he existed in black and white until a friend used him against me. Hopefully the story is based around him somehow, something better than the usual "mystic creature from the past" bullshit they use for all the newer legendaries these days.
I actually want to see N and Kyurem have some sort of alliance going on, N is probably the best character they've ever had in pokemon, and it would be good to see some sort of background about him flushed out. It would also be pretty cool if you got to team with him for a while, he seems like a nice enough guy.

(also, I'm suspecting some sort of mega-twist in this new one, only guesses so far are "poke-fusion" and N actually being a pokemon himself)

My only issue with Black and White was how easy they made everything for you within the first 3-4 hours of the game. I've beaten this horse to death, but as somebody who has played the series since a little kid, I don't need my hand held through the basics of the gameplay - ie. using items, catching Pokemon, finding a store, etc. Once you broke into the real game and downed a few tough gym leaders things got a lot more interesting. Not my favorite in the series, but refreshing to start over again with ~150 new critters roaming around, with no idea what any of them do. I'd rank the games, from best to worst, GEN II, GEN I, GEN V, GEN VI, GEN III (that's crystal, red/blue, black/white, Platinum, and Emerald).

All that being said, I was really disappointed in this announcement. Yeah, it's another Pokemon game in the same vein that I WILL purchase and play, but that's as much a bad thing as it is a good thing by now. There's no way Nintendo blows my mind with this game. It'll be fun, solid even - much like it's predecessors - but they won't brake noticeable ground. Nintendo and the folks at Pokemon, Inc. are recycling proven material. The saying goes: if it ain't broke, don't fix it... They keep making money, I keep losing interest.

I was really hoping the "major announcement" would be either a Pokemon MMO, a new version of Snap and/or Stadium, or some venture in a new direction. I always thought Nintendo could make an excellent racer given the tools Pokemon has to offer. Build on Mod Nation's creation system, allowing the player to build their own carts and tracks based on things in the known Pokemon universe! You want Mr. Mime driving a Poke-Jeep down Victory Road? You got it! I know they've tried this concept to an extent with Dash and a few other mini games, but they've never gone the full-on Mario Kart route with the series - it's a direction I wouldn't mind them exploring!

Yes everyone, it's been officially announced. The third game in the fifth gen of Pokemon, the Unova gen, has been announced. It's not Gray like most expected. The game will be titles Pokemon Black and White 2. Whether it will be two versions or one game remains unclear.
The mascots are also not Zekrom, Reshiram, or Kyurem either. It seems to a fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram and a fusion of Kyurem and Zekrom.
The games come out in June in Japan. No official US release date was made yet.

Do you think it will be just like other third versions (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and be just like the other two, with slight changes and improvements? Or do you think that with the "Black and White 2" title, it'll be a full sequel in Unova with a completely different story? Like N's future and where Ghetsis disappeared too and shizz.

Bonus: The 2's are in Red and Blue. Do you think there'll be a Kanto or Hoenn tie-in to it?

Seems interesting. Black version was actually pretty decent, though i didnt like how you got all the HM's.
anyways back to the point im sure nintendo will do something to make these remakes better than the original B & W.
Though IMO i dont think they'll be able to top their past games. GEN II and I were the best and to me have not and will be hard to outdue. the stories were great, the pokemon were great, and the music was great. (i love the 8-bit sounds) not this orchestra-like crap they have now but hell it goes with the times.

I recently purchased and completed black. And I have to say I was impressed by it. (Being a bit of a pokemon "hipster" I thought the new ones weren't as good). But this lived up to the name pokémon. And so black and white 2 being announced does no surprise me at all. I'm not gonna post any spoilers, but yeah it did kind of hint at a sequel at the end.

So just announced they are true sequels set two years after B/W1 with no trainers/rivals and a new patch of land for Unova. A new starting town, two new gym leaders. Also over 100 of the older generation pokemon will be catchable within the game apparently.

All I have to say is finally they are doing something new. Instead of just doing a new region and a remake of a previous one they are actually doing something new. I mean it makes sense since B/W1 is set years after the 2nd/4th gen meaning they can't exactly go back and do a R/S/E remake within the 5th generation as in terms of game canon the R/S/E is set many years before B/W.

Its nice to see the game series moving forward instead of living in the past. Now I guess this is till generation 5 but since its a sequel would that make B/W generation 5.5. Now to stop thinking as my mind will explode if i try to think into this to much.

I was considering selling my DS after thinking that there wouldn't be a new Pokemon game in years but I have changed my mind now!

I hope the story does follow on from the end of Black and White because it was the most gripping storyline I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. N mus make a return because having a character like him really added to the whole game and the ending was awesome and they really stepped it up a notch with Black and White.

I never got round to catching Kyurem but my friend had him and when we battled there was very little I could do as he didn't tell me that he had Kyurem.

Allow me to bring some life back to this thread with added details about the game.

• You start in a city, not a town. This includes big buildings, a Pokemon school, and a lookout where you get your first Pokemon.
  • Bianca has a different look and has become Professor Juniper's assistant. She gives you your first Pokemon.
  • Cheren has taken over Lenora's job. He is now the normal-type gym leader, and is the first one you fight.
  • Alder, N, and Team Plasma all have parts in the game. What they are, nobody yet knows.
  • PokeWood replaces the Pokemon Musicals. Here you get to make your own movies with your Pokemon. These moves are in Godzilla-like format as you face giant mecha Pokemon.
  • There is now a Champion's League, which is a tournament where you can fight every gym leader from previous games, as well as the champions.
  • In addition to Cheren, there are two new gym leaders. One specializes in poison, and the other uses water.

Okay, nobody's posted in here in awhile, so updates:
The new Champion is Iris.
You can now battle Rood and Sinzolin (two of the Sages) and the Shadow Triad.
N has the dragon he had in the previous game (i.e., Black = Reshiram, White = Zekrom), and Ghetsis has Kyurem. After defeating both, you get a chance to catch them both and afterward hunt down the 3rd dragon.
Zorua and Zoroark are now catchable.
TM95 Snarl, a TM only available by WFC in the first games, is now available.
Many of the legendaries from Gens I-IV are now available.
For more info click the link below.
Pokemon Black and White 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back