The all things Pokemon Thread

So I've beaten the game with 8 different types of pokemon now, meaning that I only used one type per game (ex: I beat the game with just using water pokemon or just using grass pokemon). I figured some of ya'll might be interested in seeing the lineups I used for this impressive feat.

Water

Quagsire- Ice Punch, Surf, Earthquake, Rollout
Feraligatr- Earthquake, Surf, Bite, Hydro Pump
Gyarados- Dragonbreath, Surf, Strength, Hyperbeam
Poliwrath- Mind Reader, Psychic, Dynamic Punch, Surf
Cloyster- Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Surf, Clamp
Lanturn- Spark, Flash, Zap Cannon, Waterfall

Ground

Onix- Iron Tail, Slam, Rock Smash, Rock Throw
Gligar- Faint Attack, Slash, Sludge Bomb, Screech
Pilowswine- Mist, Powder Snow, Icy Wind, Earthquake
Donphan- Headbutt, Rollout, Earthquake, Strength
Quagsire- Earthquake, Ice Punch, Rain Dance, Surf
Sandslash- Cut, Dig, Slash, Rollout

Poison

Vileplume- Petal Dance, Acid, Moonlight, Sleep Powder
Venomoth- Gust, Psybeam, Sleep Powder, Leech Life
Tentacruel- Icy Wind, Surf, Acid, Screech
Haunter- Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Dream Eater
Nidoqueen- Double Kick, Iron Tail, Bite, Earthquake
Crobat- Fly, Mean Look, Bite, Confuse Ray

Flying

Gligar- Iron Tail, Cut, Faint Attack, Sludge Bomb
Noctowl- Confusion, Fly, Hypnosis, Swift
Gyardos, Dragonbreath, Surf, Hydro Pump, Strength
Xatu- Fly, Thief, Psychic, Solarbeam
Crobat- Giga Drain, Wing Attack, Bite, Confuse Ray
Delibird- Mudslap, Icy Wind, Fly, Attract

Normal

Miltank- Strength, Rollout, Body Slam, Milk Drink
Tauros- Earthquake, Thrash, Surf, Icy Wind
Pidgeot- Wing Attack, Fly, Gust, Quick Attack
Ursaring- Slash, Headbutt, Faint Attack, Dig
Stantler- Headbutt, Take Down, Hypnosis, Dream Eater
Wigglytuff- Rollout, Solarbeam, Body Slam, Shadowball

Fire

Magmar (I was really lucky, I hatched a shiny Magby when the day care people gave me the random egg)- Psychic, Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Sunny Day
Arcanine- Bite, Extreme Speed, Flamethrower, Dragonbreath
Rapidash- Take Down, Fire Spin, Stomp, Flame Wheel
Typhlosion- Dig, Cut, Earthquake, Flame Wheel
Houndoom (only had him for the second half of gyms)- Flame Thrower, Solarbeam, Faint Attack, Bite
Flareon- Shadow Ball, Headbutt, Flamethrower, Iron Tail.

Grass

Gloom- Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, Acid, Giga Drain
Exeggcutor- Psychic, Hypnosis, Solarbeam, Nightmare
Victreebell- Razor Leaf, Acid, Cut, Sleep Powder
Meganium- Body Slam, Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Synthesis
Tangela- Mega Drain, Sleep Powder, Growth, Vine Whip

Psychic

Jynx- Confusion, Body Slam, Ice Punch, Sing
Hypno- Confusion, Hypnosis, Meditate, Headbutt
Slowbro- Shadow Ball, Surf, Earthquake, Icy Wind
Xatu- Fly, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Future Sight
Kadabra- Headbutt, Thunderpunch, Psychic, Psybeam
Exeggcute- Psychic, Solarbeam, Strength, Leech Seed

And that's all I've got so far, it'll probably be all I do, though I MIGHT try electric. I also must stress, I play it on a ROM where the speed is increased by like, 1,000%, so it takes me a matter of hours to beat this game. I'd say I get through the elite 4 and all 16 gyms in about 4 hours. I am a nerd, but I'm not THAT much of a nerd.

Honestly, yeah I've thought about that, but my Shuckle can have a total of 244 hp possible. Mine has by a stroke of luck about 235(sorry my game is dead and my friend has my wall charger). My speed isn't that terrible for Shuckles, at level 100 he can have as high as 13-119. I was lucky and got 58. My attack is 81 due to Protein training. So when before I switch out my Shuckle it has 58 speed, 230ish hp, 81 attack, and 601 def. Thank god I didn't delete my messages to Ryder. Also thanks for your vote of confidence Ryder, he does work. It's helped me a lot in the past, would any of your pokemon like to be humiliated by a bug bite lol?

I kept this Shuckle from the dude off the island who give you him after your sixth badge. So I'm thinking he got a small boost to his stats that way, because I tried to get my friend Jordan an uber Shuckle and it was terrible. The only moves I can't survive a 1 hit from are Hyper beam and Hydro cannon. Surf really hits me hard to but it will leave 2-5 hp. I usually scope out what pokemon I'll throw my Shuckle out after I try to match him for a weaker type monster to him. I'm not totally sure, I've never faced any uber trainers. But all my friends who have been playing for about as long as I have haven't found a way to beat it in one turn yet, and that is really all it takes. I don't use him for a juggernaught I just sort of use him as a last resort to get a small lead.

Ok I have Kingdra out and you have you're Shuckle. My speed is just insane so I go ahead and use Waterfall. That takes about a little over half due to weakness. You're Shuckle uses that attack that switches atk and def. You're attack is about 600 now and you're defense is at 58 or whatever. You're speed don't change and that means I get to use waterfall again and since you're def is so damn low it will kill it one hit. I'm sure I can kill it one hit with a level 30 tackle with Gyrados. Now you're Shuckle isn't bad but you need to think again with the strategy. Shuckles are great annoyers which means they are annoying as fuck! Toxic/Rest is a bitch to get rid of since shuckles def is 600. Add in a move like Harden to get it's defense higher is even more difficult to get rid of. I'm going to change my last move to Stealth Rock if Shuckl can learn it because if my opponent tries to switch on Shuckle that pokemon will get hurt.

You're attack is about 600 now and you're defense is at 58 or whatever. You're speed don't change and that means I get to use waterfall again and since you're def is so damn low it will kill it one hit.

Actually, waterfall goes to special defense, not defense, and special defense would remain unaffected by power trick. So Shuckle's special defense will still be really high, and waterfall probably wouldn't kill it. Using a steel move would be more effective.

Ok I have Kingdra out and you have you're Shuckle. My speed is just insane so I go ahead and use Waterfall. That takes about a little over half due to weakness. You're Shuckle uses that attack that switches atk and def. You're attack is about 600 now and you're defense is at 58 or whatever. You're speed don't change and that means I get to use waterfall again and since you're def is so damn low it will kill it one hit. I'm sure I can kill it one hit with a level 30 tackle with Gyrados. Now you're Shuckle isn't bad but you need to think again with the strategy. Shuckles are great annoyers which means they are annoying as fuck! Toxic/Rest is a bitch to get rid of since shuckles def is 600. Add in a move like Harden to get it's defense higher is even more difficult to get rid of. I'm going to change my last move to Stealth Rock if Shuckl can learn it because if my opponent tries to switch on Shuckle that pokemon will get hurt.

See that's the flaw in your plan, you plan on using that Kingdra. I'm going to see that you have a Kingdra in your group when we link up. Every battle tells you what pokemon that both users have. If you save that Kingdra untill last I will save my best pokemon to attack him back. Sorry but Kingdra is reativly bland, He has from attack to special defence the same stats. At level 100 he can be between 175 - 317.

That's really not the best, what If I was using my Crobat? Did you know I had a Crobat? I use quick claw on my Crobat and he has well over 100 more speed than your absolute high of 295 he will beat you in a speed battle every time. He has 402, what I'm saying is if I know you're going to save or have that pokemon in the last I will either use my Shuckle in the beginning aganst a pokemon with a nutral type aganst him or a weak type advantage to him. After I've taken out one of your pokemon feel free to knock him out, I'm not using him for the whole battle. In my using Shuckle I plan for him to be knocked out, he isn't a great pokemon. But I do like using him.

Upon looking I would like to apoligise, I said my Crobat had a 402 speed stat. Sorry upon re-checking he only has a 371 rating. I'm not sure ware I got 402, at lol but sorry. That is still more than enough to go first aganst your Kingdra though.

Well you do not know what kind of Kingdra I have but I will tell you. My Kingdra is what I call a "Sleeptalker". It knows Dragon Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Waterfall. Now all of my pokemon are EV and IV trained to the max and have the natures that support them the best. You may be able to knock out Kingdra but then I'll just send someone else out just as strong like Porygon Z, or Rhyperior. Rhyperior is a massive tank which means both of his defenses are high as well as either his attack or special attack. Mine has a Special Attack of 260ish. Go ahead and attack him with a water or grass attack because he has a berry that reduces damage from supereffective attacks and his ability is solid rock which does the same thing. So you're water/grass attacks will do 1/4 of the damage it would normally do. He knows Thunderbolt and Flamethrower to cover for his weakness. My team is all about strategy.

What's your favorite game?
What is your line up?
I'm using a really rock and ground heavy line up
Ankor(Rhyperior) lvl 100:Cut, Strength, Megahorn, Rock Wrecker
Titan(Tyranitar) Lvl 100:Crunch, Earthquake, Rocksmash, Dark Pulse
Rusty(Steelix) Lvl 100: Iron Tail, Crunch, Rock Climb, Harden
Watz(Kyogre) Lvl 100: Surf, Waterfall, Ice beam, Thunder
Tottle(Garchomp) Lvl 100: Strength, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Cut
And now, the most brutal pokemon ever. A total ground changer, will make you think WTF?!
Shuckie(Shuckle) Lvl 100: Power trick, Bug Bite, Encore, Wrap

.Yeah I kinda know a bit about Rhyperior. I'm working on getting between 5-7 heart scales atm through pokeathelon. I'm going to change out my Steelix for my houndoom and my Garchomp or Shuckle for my crobat. I'm going to take all the Hm moves off of them and put some status changers or another 2 high attacks for Rhyperior. If I keep my garchomp Cut is getting taken out for Dragon claw, or the Shadow claw TM I have. Steelix is defiantly going out for my Toxicroak or my Crobat. I just really think I need some poison moves on my team, it's a nice change of pace and I've been using a rock and ground base for so damn long

My team is this:

Drapion-Toxic Spikes, Fire Fang, Roar, Aerial Ace. (holding Black Sludge)
Kingdra-Dragon Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Waterfall. (Holding Leftovers)
Shuckle-Rest, Toxic, Encore, Harden. (holding Leftovers)
Infernape-Close Combat, Swords Dance, Flare Blitz, Earthquake. (Holding Life Orb)
Rhyperior-Mega Horn, Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Earthquake. (Holding Leftovers)
Porygon-Z-Ice Beam, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Psychic. (Holding Leftovers)

By the way teach you're Shuckle Rock Polish. If you use two it will be the fastest pokemon in the game. Then you can use that attack to switch atk and def and then go on with bug bite to own.

Moderator comment

For spam posts please use the Pokemon thread in the General Spam Discussion forum (AKA GSD). There are far too many people posting a list of Pokemon and someone saying which one they should choose.

Here's a good question for everyone to consider:

Would you rather nickname your Pokemon or keep it as is?

Ok I have Kingdra out and you have you're Shuckle. My speed is just insane so I go ahead and use Waterfall. That takes about a little over half due to weakness.

I'm sorry but, are you insane! Shuckle has the highest defence in the game. Kingdra is good, but unless you have trained your kingdra perfectly and that shuckle has it's lowest possible defence, there is no way it would do over half his health. Weakness or no weakness.

As for shuckle, avoid using power-swap unless it is a double battle (or triple as the case may be). Whether Shuckle goes first or second, he is going to take an attack after he swaps his attack and defense, and he can't afford to take a hit post power-swap. If you do it in a double battle, at least you can have someone use follow me to help shuckle avoid damage.

Anyways, not that that is out of the way, I guess I'll answer some of the O.P.'s questions.

My favourite generation is probably generation IV. I didn't like the games that much, but I did like alot of the pokemon that were introduced. As for the actual game play, I really like Black version. They give you a ton of trainers that can be fought daily which makes training sooooooo much easier.

For my starter it usually varies between games (type wise). In gen. III, I used Swampert or Blaziken, but in Gen. IV I alway used used Empoleon and in Gen V I'm using Serperior. I hate competitve battling, so I usually just train pokemon that I think are cool.

I don't know about anybody else, but I actually have a favourite type, that being Ghost. It is actually to the point where if I were to answer the question of favourite individual pokemon, every pokemon with that type usually falls into that for me. I guess if I actually had to choose one pokemon though it would be either Giratina (origin form) or Froslass. Although my shiny Gengar is one badass mother fucker. As is my Chandelure. Fuck, I told you I couldn't just choose one.

Ok turn one. I hit use Dragon Dance. Kingra's speed and attack are now both +1. Shuckle uses power swap to switch attack and deffense. Since his original attack is about 60 his new defense is now around 60. My Kingdra's attack has been risen and since it is using a STAB move the it does more damage. Including weakness it is 2.5x normal damage. Including the raise with Dragon Dance, Waterfall can due massive damage. And even if he does survive, I will have resistance to bug bite due to the fact that Kingdra is half dragon.

I battle competively alot with freinds and over WiFi. I know what I'm talking about. No offense.

I also have a favourite type and that is ghost as well. My Mismagmius is a Perish Trapper. I use Mean Look, then I use Parish Song. I usually send into a blissy after that due to the fact that she can take alot of damage and then just heal up with wish.

I do alot of EV training when I get bored or if my finace is cooking or watching some girly shit. I'm thinking about trading my Rhyperior for my Ursaring. That bear is a beast.

Ok turn one. I hit use Dragon Dance. Kingra's speed and attack are now both +1. Shuckle uses power swap to switch attack and deffense. Since his original attack is about 60 his new defense is now around 60. My Kingdra's attack has been risen and since it is using a STAB move the it does more damage. Including weakness it is 2.5x normal damage. Including the raise with Dragon Dance, Waterfall can due massive damage. And even if he does survive, I will have resistance to bug bite due to the fact that Kingdra is half dragon.

I battle competively alot with freinds and over WiFi. I know what I'm talking about. No offense.

O.K., I didn't see the part about doing dragon dance. In that case it would be a whole different story.

I'm not a big fan of doing E.V. traning. I'm not entirely sure on certain things about it. One thing is , say I throw out Gengar first, than I swap him for someone else. Who gets the effort points?

It would be slit half each. My advice is to get the power tools located in Battle Frontiers. They each sell for 16 BP but are worth it. If you let a pokemon hold one of those, it doubles the amount of EV's it gains in battle. There is one for every stat. There is drawback to those by the way and it lowers the holders speed in battle.

The one i played the most was the original Gold, so i guess that one.

What's your favorite generation?

Gold & Silver

What kind of starter do you pick?

Generally water type.

What is your line up?

It varies, i base it off of the area i am in, and the pokemon that is strongest agianst the said area type.

How often do you play?

Not very much, I'm very casually I'll play an hour a week at tops. Life is more important than pokemon now :p.

Did you pick up black, white, or both?

Picked up Black, it has been really good, i have got three badges so far.

I just posted a review of White onto GameFaqs, whether or not it gets put onto the site is up to them, but I'd like to let all of you see it. The title of the review is, "Best Since Gold & Silver."

When this game first came out about a month ago, I contemplated whether or not I should buy it. My friends had it, and they said it was great - however, with games like Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum being disappointments for me, I was on the fence about buying this game. After mulling it over for a while, I went ahead and bought it. Boy, am I glad I did! As the title says, this generation of games is easily the best generation since Gold and Silver came out back in the early 00's. That means we've gone a decade without an outstanding Pokemon game (Not counting HG/SS.) Everything about this game is excellent. For those of you unsure about whether or not to buy this game, let me break it down for you in separate categories.

Story (10/10):

People complain that every Pokemon game has the same story, and that gets old - I agree. However, the formula for the storyline has changed a bit in this game, and it's for the better. Yes, you're still going around collecting gym badges and defeating an evil syndicate (Known as Team Plasma in this generation). However, the game does branch out into side stories at various points. For example, you could be sent looking for the gym leader, or trying to locate one of the "Seven Sages" of Team Plasma. There are more side stories, but I don't want to ruin the game for you. There will also be numerous times throughout the game where you battle your friends/rivals: Bianca and Cheren. This is a good way for you to train your Pokemon, and advance further into the story. Speaking of battling...

Gameplay (10/10):

Battling is definitely the thing you'll be doing most often in this game. However, everything inside a battle is fully animated. The Pokemon move around, and the camera pans in on your opponent when hit with a move. Some moves have been completely re-designed to look cool, and all of this makes battling actually fun. Also, those horrible back sprites to Pokemon have been fixed. How have they been fixed? Well, instead of only getting the ugly top half of your Pokemon, you pretty much get the whole back of the Pokemon. It all makes for a more enjoyable battling atmosphere.

Aesthetics: (10/10)

Remember when you were playing an older generation of games, and the camera would always be above you? Yeah, no more of that. In certain spots, the camera will zoom in, pan out, go above you, and even go in front of you. This is an obvious change, and you'll notice it right away. But, you'll really be amazed when you come to the three major bridges throughout the game. Sky Bridge, Marvelous Bridge, and Village Bridge - all of them look absolutely stunning in this game. But it doesn't end there. The graphics of the scenery around you look amazing all the time. You can spot even the tiniest detail in the scenery. Also, the changing seasons feature in this game makes the scenery change monthly, so you'll always have some new scenery to look at.

Replay Ability (9/10):

Here's the one thing I don't like. When you beat the main story of the game, you get the National Dex. This allows you to get Pokemon from other generations in the wild. You'll also be able to use the Poke Transfer Machine to transfer Pokemon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS into you game. The one thing that ticks me off is the fact that you can't find a lot of old Pokemon in the wild. There are certain Pokemon who you may want, but there's a good 75% chance that you won't be able to find them in the wild. You'll have to transfer them from another game, if you don't have them in another game - you're screwed. However, after you beat the main story of the game, the whole eastern part of the Unova Region opens up, and you can battle very high leveled Pokemon - and battle extremely high leveled trainers. You can battle Sinnoh Champion Cynthia in Undella Town, and there's even a villa there where you will eventually have the opportunity to face strong trainers non-stop. You'll be able to catch legendary Pokemon like Kyurem, and Landorus, and be able to find new high leveled Pokemon in the wild. It certainly is a great advantage. Oh, did I mention that by beating the main story, you don't actually beat the Pokemon League? I don't want to spoil anything for you, but to beat the main story, you don't beat or battle Alder (The Unova Champion). So it's extra incentive to keep playing after you beat the main story. I've been playing this game for 42 hours so far, and I still haven't beaten it fully.

Rent Or Buy?

Definitely buy. It's definitely worth it's weight in gold.

Overall Score:

9/10

So there you have it, I did certainly enjoy playing this game, and by reading the review, you can see the one major gripe I have with it.

Favorite game in the series?
Pokemon Blue. Nothing will EVER top the original. Period.

Favorite Generation?
Red & Blue was the best, it came first and set the standard for the other versions. Gold & Silver came close, but had a tough act to follow. Diamond & Pearl come in 3rd for me as they were fun but not as awesome as the older two generations. I hated Ruby & Sapphire. Those were terrible. I retired from Pokemon after collecting all 493 from Diamond, so I have yet to play Black or White.

I almost always go with the Water starter. My first Pokemon was a Squirtle named Tiptup (Diddy Kong Racing, anyone?). He was awesome. I used Totodile in Gold and Piplup in Diamond. Emerald was where I differed from my water starter, by selecting Torchic. I made it through that entire game using only one Pokemon: My fire-type starter.

What is your line up?
Back in the Blue version it was Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Blastoise, and Jolteon. That team rarely ever lost. I loved using the legendary Pokemon. In Gold the lineup remained the same, but Blastoise and Jolteon got kicked out by Ho-oh and Lugia. My friends would whine about me using legendaries, but they could not defeat them. I'd throw in Mew and Celebi sometimes. Then in Diamond I came up with my epic UNDEFEATED team of Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Emploeon. I loved that team. Jenova (Mewtwo) and Sephiroth (Rayquaza) could take out all 16 types together if they were used in a double battle. Now there's some REAL tag team champions!

Did you pick up Black or White?
No, not yet. I unofficially "retired" from Pokemon after my run in Diamond. I had all 493 (used gameshark for the 11 "event" ones) and had a team of level 99's that no one could defeat for over a year. Black and White did not appeal enough for me to get back into the series because I have a mentality of "been there, done that" when it comes to Pokemon. I got all 151 in Blue, all 251 in Gold, and all 493 in Diamond. They need to do more innovation to get my attention again. I have no desire to bring out a water/fire/grass type against some Team Rocket Knockoff and gather 8 badges again. Plus, I am going through a lot right now. I'm married, in my last semester of college, dealing with intense family issues (my parents treating me and the wife like dirt), so the last thing on my mind is to set out on a spree to collect 500+ Pokemon. What's that you say, play through it WITHOUT collecting them all? Now, that's just silly. That's like playing Mario without trying to rescue the Princess.

Wow, this thread died. Took me a minute to find it, but the other day while at Game stop waiting for the Gow3 drop I talked to a person who worked there. He is a super Pokemon nerd like me. We got to talking and he brought a game to my attention.

This is a Pokemon flash game that might catch on with you. I love tower defense flash games. They are amazing time killers and are usually pretty easy. Pokemon Tower defense is a flash game that's been going for a while now, if you are playing it make sure you have the newest updated Alpha version of it. That being 4.1

It's a pretty straight forward game really, you capture Pokemon and use them against waves of different Pokemon. You can capture the Pokemon by pulling the big red ball on the side of the screen to them if they are in the red. It's always an instant capture.

Right now the game goes to the 4th gym and it's updating to my reading to the E4. It's going to be slow, but atm the level cap is at lvl 47 it's actually a pretty fun game.

Check it out, it's Pokemon tower defense, if anyone needs help or wants to trade shoot me a pm. Hopefully someone likes this. I know I love it.

my favorite game would have to be Pokemon crystal. I remember sitting with my friends trading pokemon and doing the clone cheat so we can have all three starters. It was the best ! it also combined both Kanto and Johto. which was SUPER AWESOME ! it was the longest and most fun pokemon game i had ever played. i actually got a perfect 253 pokedex

DEFINITELY second generation. even though it didn't produce the best games, due to technological set backs.. it had the second best starters (i can never put anything over little charmander), it had the BEST legendaries. Catching Entei and Raiku used to keep me up all night on my gameboy color which i had a light put into just so i could see in the dark.

Fire. No questions asked, its super prone to water, but it always has the most awesome looking, and most achievable evolutions ever. I remember i kept an everstone on my quilava until it reached level 99. i pwned pokemon league with that little thing..

What is your line up?

Level 100 Charizard
Level 100 Typhlosion
Level 100 Blaziken
Level 100 Groudon
Level 100 Quilava
Level 100 Charmeleon
Yes, i have an all fire line up which i have a 124/0 link battle record with..

How often do you play?

5/6 times a month.. every time i remember my GBA SP is still in my room..

NEITHER. i know i'll probably be highly judged right now, but i never picked up the story after emerald, i lost interest and bought a PS3.. i only started playing pokemon again about a year and a half ago and i started from Red and made my way up.. it took me MONTHS to get my perfect line up all set and my friends which still play pokemon did the same as me so we still have the occasional battle until now.
Side note, it took me MONTHS of two GBA's and finishing the pokedex TWICE just to get typhlosion and quilava, and i traded charizard and charmeleon over from fire red of course..

Pokemon Emerald.

It's a tie between Generation III and IV.

Fire type.

What is your line up?

I threw away that whole "six party Pokemon" mentality and started training a bunch of different Pokemon and transfering my party Pokemon from previous generations. Isn't that what being a Pokemon master is all about? I'm a modern day Gary Oak!

How often do you play?

There have been gaps in life when I didn't play Pokemon anymore. Nowadays I have all the time in the world.

Blanc.

kthnxbai

Don't know if someone has mentioned this game already but, I wanted to know if anyone here had played 'Pokemon Stadium 2' for the Nintendo 64 ? I have played the first game and really enjoyed it, but I never got around to renting or buying the sequel. Anytime Ive heard or seen people talk about it, people's opinions are pretty mixed. Some say it was better than its predecessor, others say it just wasn't very good at all. Anyone who's played it care to tell about it, why it was better or worse, differences overall.

Don't know if someone has mentioned this game already but, I wanted to know if anyone here had played 'Pokemon Stadium 2' for the Nintendo 64 ? I have played the first game and really enjoyed it, but I never got around to renting or buying the sequel. Anytime Ive heard or seen people talk about it, people's opinions are pretty mixed. Some say it was better than its predecessor, others say it just wasn't very good at all. Anyone who's played it care to tell about it, why it was better or worse, differences overall.

Who hasn't played Pokemon Stadium 2? I don't see why there are mixed opinions because other than more Pokemon and updated gym leaders and mini-games, it's the exact same thing. There's really no difference, it's a good game and you can't go wrong with it.

I've spent more time playing Yellow than probably any other game in my life, with somewhere around 6-700 hours total (probably more), but I still prefer Red, being my introduction to the franchise.
You can probably tell I'm a Gen 1 guy. I'm an old timer, I know.
I like water types because they're good against a lot of others and don't have too many weaknesses. Blastoise is my guy.
What is your line up?
I can't say for sure, but I think I remember using Blastoise, Fearow, Electabuzz, Mewtwo... and I can't remember the rest. Sorry.
How often do you play?
I'll still pick up the ol' GBA and play every once in a while, though that's probably only about once every few months.
I don't have a DS, so no, though I'd like to play it if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back