What game are you currently playing? Non spam edition

Last night I went back to a game that has slowly been climbing my list of favourit games ever:
964566216.jpg

This is actually the first DragonQuest Game I have ever played. I was watching a video game review show back at the start of December and they were discussing the best handheld games of the year. This game was recommended so I decided to pick it up. I only buy games that have replay value or take awhile to beat( I like getting my moneys worth) .This game took me 65 hours to beat, and that's just the main story! It was so incrediblly worth my money and would recomend it to anyone who was/is a fan of Pokemon games.This game follows the traditional Japanese RPG style gameplay (like turn based fighting), and has a pretty good story to go with it.

Now I just have to try and figure out those damn treasure maps.

Fantastic game is DQIX with some great reply value, the customisation is brilliant as well as the story, gameplay and music. Top notch. I recommend getting IV and V for the DS they are also great games, I know you haven't got a PS2 but it's worth getting a second hand one off ebay and Dragon Quest VIII, the gameplay on that is brilliant as well as the visuals.

I've just started A Shadow's tale, quite a relaxing game thus far, quite unique as well. I've only played about an hour of it so I'll do a view review later.

I've been all over the place this week.

I started replaying Heavy Rain on a trophy hunting mission. Currently, I'm three trophies away from platinuming the game. I feel like Heavy rain was one of the best games released in 2010, however after I completed it the first time, I never went back to replay it until this week. While I have mixed feelings on trophies and achievments, I plan on platinuming Heavy Rain and then trading it in to clear up some shelf space.

When Heavy Rain isn't in the Playstation, it was Little Big Planet. With Little Big Planet, I wasn't putting any time into the story mode or community created levels, but rather the create mode just messing around trying to put together something that resembles something that plays like a decent level (much easier said than done).

Finally, when not trying to solve the crimes of the Origami Killer and rescue my child, or getting frustrated with level creating, I briefly returned to WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011 where I have been continuing with my WWE Universe.

I hadn't played any video games in the past few months. So yesterday, to get back into them, I got 2000 Nintendo Points and bought The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

I've always loved the Zelda games, but I'd never progressed very far in any of them. I would always lose interest at some point or simply forget about it. I wanted to actually complete one of the games, and I'd completed the first parts of Ocarina of Time enough to where I'd be content never playing it again, and I'd progressed somewhat far in Twilight Princess in the past. That left Majora's Mask, a game in which I'd never really made it far out of Clock Town. While playing as a child, I spent most of my time just collecting some of the more trivial masks and completing side-quests, not really even attempting most dungeons or quests. Regardless, I always had a strange fondness for the game.

I'm only at Woodfall right now (which is still further storyline-wise than I'd ever progressed), and I'm already hooked. The game has such a different, eerie feel to it. There's so much aside from the "get an item, complete a dungeon, repeat" cliche that Zelda games so often receive. I'm so intrigued by it all. Yesterday, I even spent a few minutes researching people's Happy Mask Salesman theories and interpretations.

I love the ominous theme that translates everywhere, and that's what's keeping me playing, I think. I've always liked the side quests part of the Zelda series more than the actual main storyline, and Majora's Mask has an incredible amount of little things to explore. One of my favorite things is seeing how all the people are responding to the moon overhead, and dealing with the fact that they may be about to die. I'm really excited to see what other intricacies this game has to offer.

So, yeah. Playing Majora's Mask.

I've recently decided that I'm going to start playing the console Legend of Zelda games over another time, in order of their release. Maybe I'll get to hand helds later if I'm up for it. I'm on A Link To The Past right now, just started. In this time I just released that the original Zelda is better than I remembered, and Link's Adventure is still shit. Link to the Past better be as epic as I remember.

I've recently decided that I'm going to start playing the console Legend of Zelda games over another time, in order of their release. Maybe I'll get to hand helds later if I'm up for it. I'm on A Link To The Past right now, just started. In this time I just released that the original Zelda is better than I remembered, and Link's Adventure is still shit. Link to the Past better be as epic as I remember.

Out of curiosity when did you play these games originally?

Links Adventure is a fantastic game, yeah it's not the typical Zelda formula but as a whole it is great. I very much doubt you completed this if you thought it was shit. Why would you take your time to finish one of the hardest games ever if this was so?

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Phenominal game, and one of the more challenging games I've played in a while. Beat it a week ago, so now I'm working through it in co-op with a friend while replaying stages on my own to get into the mysterious Golden Temple.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Since I bought my Wii, I've been playing catch up with the big Wii games and great Nintendo games in general. This is the third Zelda game I've played (The others being Minish Cap and Link to the Past) and it's been a blast so far. Once I finish this, I'll probably move on to either Wind Waker or the uber-popular Ocarina of Time; or just hold out for Skyward Sword.

Epic Mickey: A highly anticipated game that's gotten a pretty mixed response. Borrowed it off a buddy to give it a go. I'm not too far in, but I agree wholeheartedly about what everyone's been saying about the camera: it's broken, it's annoying, and it just flat out sucks. Other than that,the paint/thinner mechanic is pretty cool, and the world itself is fun and imaginative, so we'll see how things go as I progress.

Professor Layton & The Curious Village: Been wanting to try this series for a while now and I love it so far. Indeed, nothing satisfies like a puzzle solved.

Final Fantasy IV (DS version): I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, and though I've played and beaten nearly all of them, I never got around to playing this one until now. Sad, because entry is supposed to be among the elite in the series and I'm starting to see why. I'm not incredibly far in it, but I'm enjoying immensely so far. Also, Kain is a badass.

Perhaps my favourite video game of all time: Assassin's Creed II.

assa2_x360.jpg

I absolutly love this series. The gameplay is enjoyable as hell, the scenary is breath taking, and the story telling is phenomenal. I've played them all before, but I took it upon myself to replay them all in succession. I'm right in the middle of II, and I whole-heartedly plan on replaying Brotherhood once I'm done.

Love, love, love this series.

This week I've mostly been playing Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty.
starcraft-2-beta.jpg

Overall a fun RTS, but compared to the original, Starcraft II I feel is quite lacking still. The game still has a long way to go as far as balance and bugs are concerned, but there are patches for these things. I feel that this game was kind of rushed out and as a result, I'm not totally happy with the game. If you've played Starcraft, then you know the three races, Terran, Protoss, and Zerg. Yep all three are back with new units and new looks. However many of these units serve little in the grand scheme of things in the world on leagues. Despite the things Starcraft II lacks, it has incredible custom maps, one of which I've been hooked on the past few days called Starjeweled which takes Bejewled and smashes it into the Starcraft universe. Good stuff overall, I'll keep playing, but patience is needed for the game to come to it's true potential. So I've been playing this and...

Starcraft: Brood War
BW_box.jpg

Still simply, in my opinion the greatest RTS of it's era. Starcraft continues to be incredibly popular despite Starcraft II being released and frankly I prefer Brood War over Starcraft II right now by a large margin. Just can't beat a classic.

Recently I've been playing alot of SSX 3 on my 360 because I loved this game when it orginally came out on Xbox and found it while I was a Gamestop for $3.99 a couple of weeks ago and figured why the hell not. I was a big fan of the SSX series in it's golden days and now I hear news of a new one coming out toward the end of this year so I'm really gonna be into this one on and off. I've also been playing Phantasy Star Universe alot because I've been a fan of Phantasy Star since I was 12 and always have a soft spot for it. I've been playing alot of older games because it seems like all the games these days are the same old shooter they've been cranking out since Halo Mania.

Right now, I'm playing yet another war game on the...

Xbox 360: Medal of Honor:I think this game is exquisite. It seems to be a bit underrated, as many Modern War games are out at the time, including another EA Game, the Battlefield Bad Company Series. But personally, with the campaign missions following the system of multiple characters and the multiplayer system of separate classes in-game, Medal of Honor has established itself as a great game in my book.

Right now, I'm playing one of my favourite oldy games of all time - Deus EX

This game is one of the best I have ever played. The story, the ability to choose and the characters are full of intrigue. The dystopian scenary is beautiful and perfectly captures.

The idea of whether or not to shoot a place up or just to use multitools or lockpicks to quietly access an area to get around without making much of a fuss. The use of of post cold war conspiracies makes this game keeping the player guessing.

I just bought a nintendo and now I'm play the very first Legend Of Zelda. It's a great game and I havent played it in years. The graphics suck on it of course but the story is great and very challenging. I am also playing Day of Receckoning 2. It's the best wrestling game because of the story. It's amazing.

Dead Space 2

Didn't like Dead Space 1 very much, thought the environments were too samey, which in a game that is basically all about shooting the limbs off of mutant monsters, isn't great. You want variety in the locations you shoot these monsters at, and that's exactly what you get in Dead Space 2. Shooting the limbs off a Necromorph in an en-suite bathroom of some abandoned children's bedroom screams creepy at me. The combination of everything. Plus the updated engine makes the game look even more gorgeous than I imagined. However the new maps come out for Black Ops tomorrow so I suspect I'll be on that a fair bit after watching Raw in the morning. :D

Just like Rob, I'm currently playing Dead Space 2. And yes, the gameplay is very similar to the first one, but with a few new additional features. I'm trying to find every log, schematic, and semiconductor in the game and get as many trophies as I can as well in the game. I'll be trying out the Multiplayer and the PS Move-enabled Dead Space: Extraction after I beat the game. Hell, maybe another playthrough would be necessary to do everything that there is to do....

Games still playing: Fallout: New Vegas & Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2

Next: Killzone 3

I do not buy many games, and am still playing Smackdown vs Raw 2011, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 on my X-Box 360

I bought them both on release day and will be playing them until the night before the 2012 editions are released, as I do every year. I do not spend that much on my X-Box, got loads of other things to do, so its worthless me buying any more games.

I am also playing alot of Mario Cart Wii right now, just unlocked Funky Kong last night...he is awesome! The Funkster!

This week I've gone back to my roots and have been playing Super Mario Kart for the SNES, virtually non stop. The game started the whole Mario Kart phenomena and showed that go kart racing can be tons of fun on a video game system. This game of course spawned a wide variety of sequels including... Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Kart Arcade, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart Wii. Non though I can honestly say compares to the amazingness that is the original Super Mario Kart. The tracks are simple, yet at the same time complex and in a time where drifting was basically non existant, there was a lot of getting on and off the... dare I say it... brakes...

In general I feel that the newer Mario Kart games, Wii, DS, and Double Dash, has lost this and the brake is really unneeded. Anyway... I digress. Super Mario Kart for the SNES is the game that I have been playing most of this week. Nothing like a good ol run down Rainbow Road with no walls and thwomps that make you spin out and loose coins if you touch them :)

GTA IV.

jaquettegta4xbox360_2.jpg

Well the game is for 2-3 years ago , but I think it is a true master piece.

To me , it's the greatest game ever because i think it's the closest we have ever gotten to reality.

The storyline is the winning Ace.A great story about a city which is running by criminals , dealers and gangsters.

The stroy's hero is a true badass who cares about things.You can fit yourself easily into Niko and love the process of it.

Gameplay is at its best.You can drive various types of cars in town's and streets and as matter of fact it can really help your real-life driving as it did for me.

Your health and damage system is not that real but It is believable.

Your tension with cops is the other intersting point.Being chased by police time after time makes you a better thinker and a fast reactor.

The open-world style of the game is what makes this game like a 3 in 1.You can date chiks and hang out with your buddies at different places and different types of activities from dart , bowling to going to comedy clubs to listen to a 5-min stand up comedy act about liberty city.

And at last and indefinitely not least , The awesome missions that you will do.There are a hundreds of them and there is not even one mission that you're not gonna enjoy being on it.I can talk about how amazing the missions are for hours but I just mention one of my favorites , the one that you go bank-robbing.That was aweosme.Cooler than any movie about bank robbery , even cooler than Dog Day afternoon and Heat.

Playing this game is an experience of a lifetime and I suggest it to everyone on this board.

I know that I'm gonna keep this game and my X360 and I'm gonna give it to my son when he's 18.Considering thechnology's growth pace,these maybe jokes at that time but I'm sure nothing like this can show my son how cool it was to be 20 and play GTA IV at that time.

Gameplay

256px-Pokemon_HeartGold_Version_box.jpg

This week I have returned to playing Pokemon: Heart Gold in anticipation for the new games, Black and White. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are both remakes of the incredibly popular Gold and Silver. The game is in my opinion, the best Pokemon game to date. Gold and Silver were my favorites and they are still a close second with me, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver are just incredible. This was also the first pokemon game that I actually went out to try and catch them all, 493. I currently have 492, with the last one being the ever so elusive Celebi. Just my luck, starting on the 27th of this month, gamestop is giving out Celebi!!!! So I will after some 210 hours of game time finally have all 493. Just for a bunch more to come out and ruin my day X_X.

If you're a fan of the old pokemon games, check this game out. It's the same game you loved back in the day with so much more involved. Team Rocket is here, the Suicune story line from Crystal is here, there is the classic bug catching contests as well as a plethora of mini games and side things to do. I give it a 10 out of 10. If you like Pokemon, the old games,and don't own this... Get out there and get it!

Why is it that gaming just does not hold the same appeal that it did for me a year ago? The problem is that I think I am growing out of gaming and that just doesn't sit well with me. The truth of the matter is that I am taking absolutely nothing out of gaming any more. The last game I played to any real measure was Black Ops and that was only for a few weeks after it came out. It is really odd because gaming was such a huge part of my life for a long ass time... I even studied it at University and hoped to be a games designer but when I dropped out of university, I just decided that I wasn't going to play as much and that has been the case thus far.

However, I have been making more of an effort to get into gaming and although I am not going to renew my Live membership until Gears Of War 3 comes out, I think I can still play games and get some enjoyment out of them. The game I have been playing recently is nothing more than an arcade game that comes pre-installed into all 360 consoles, I believe.

That games is...

Hexic HD

cboxhexicHD.jpg

Ever played it? You should because it is fucking amazing! I actually stopped writing this post so that I could go get some information on it and ended up playing it on MSN games. Either way, this game is utterly mind-blowing and I urge you to go and give it a bash. Playing it on the PC is not the same as playing it on the 360. It is a lot more fiddly for one thing and doesn't have the kick-ass spooky soundtrack to go with it on the PC. Also, it is in high definition on the 360 and that is worth a look, if you have that capability like I do.

It is funny how the smallest thing can draw you into something again. Honestly, gaming was becoming boring for me and still is to some extent. There has been nothing since Black Ops to get excited over and that was really bothering me. Hexic will run it's course, like it has done in the past and I am only hoping that it will tide me over until something bigger and better comes along. Hopefully a big game comes along in the near future that can get me involved again because I am becoming completely disenchanted with gaming altogether and for that I blame Epic Games and the delay of Gears Of War...

[YOUTUBE]XjcBINH4HL4[/YOUTUBE]​

I used that ''trailer'' because is better than the original.

Now back to the game, I loved Dead Space and I couldn't wait for Dead Space 2, it's just epic, that's it. Isaac Clarke is a one of my favorite characters in the recent years, probably with John Marston and Nathan Drake.

This is my favorite recent franchise along Uncharted.

It has a very good gameplay, a story that intrigues me and some epic cutscenes. The multiplayer maybe it's not the best they could do, but that doesn't matter because with the Single-player campaign, that's just good enough for me.

Broke out the good ol' N64 recently, got to say it's a great system. I have been playing Super Mario 64 lately, got up to 35 stars at the moment. I never fully got all the stars this game as a kid so it's going to be pretty cool to actually get them all now.
I still also play Call of Duty: Black Ops time to time to get up in preseige, but I'm starting to get pretty bored with it now.

I haven't been playing a lot of games right now because I have been swamped with work and other commitments. With that being said, I have found a little bit of time to play one of the greatest games to ever go across more than one platform. That game may be old and outdated but the quality speaks for itself. I even have the most recent game and never play it. The reason being that I feel the series has taken a dip in quality, due to the fact that they have tried to make it a more immersive experience and I feel as though they have lost a lot of what made the game great in the first place.

That game is...

Football Manager 2007

Football-Manager-2007-2.jpg

I actually play this game on my 360, which I think makes all the difference. They released a few of these games for the 360 and I sometimes wish that they had continued to do that but I am guessing that Sega and Sports Interactive decided that it wouldn't make any fiscal sense and stopped making them fit onto the console. I assume that the time frame of their release played a role in this decision. Whilst the PC version was being released in October time, we were not seeing the 360 version to around February or March and that was killing the sales. I mean, who would wait months on end to play the same game that they could have earlier and cheaper?

Still, the reason that I play this game as opposed to the other games that came before it is simple, it is a fantastic experience. I have the 2006 and 2008 edition for the 360 and all of the other games for my PC but this is the one that constantly grabs my attention. Perhaps it is because this is the game that I spent most time playing when it was released but I feel that the reason I still continue to play it is because of the sheer enjoyment I get from it. I tend to think that a lot of series lose their fan base when they try to add too much to a game and that is exactly what has happened to the Football Manager series. I have no desire to play the latest games because I feel they have veered far too far off track and I also think that the 2007 edition was when they got everything right.

Definitely worth a few quid if you have a 360 and like football or platform games.

I been playing alot of UFC Undisputed 2010 and Smackdown Vs RAW 2011, the only games i have been playing at the moment, as i think last year made the real gamer than i can be with all the fanstatic games that came out last year, im still playing like 3 of the 6 or 7 top games that came out last year that i own.

Fifa 11.
A few months back I made a virtual pro, but I'm only on my second season because I haven't got around to playing it that often. I'm playing with Leeds and in my first season we fought are way to the Play-Offs Final after finishing 5th. We went 1-0 up after I scored, but went on to lose 2-1 in Extra Time to Notts Forrest. Now I'm at the half way mark of the season. And we're top of the league. I was actually injured for 8 weeks. But I'm back now and scoring and setting up goals. I play on Legendary Difficulty. And I'm a centre mid.

I like virtual pro, but it's dissapionting that you can't play internationally. That's probably my only fault of The Virtual Pro Mode.

i'm currently playing Red Dead its just so addicting and im addicted to it the graphics look the best ever and i could legit see a person in 1911 doing that shiz the story is bleh but its better than past GTA games althought sum of the weapons i dont think would have been around...thts just me though still a great game with great graphics and scenery:worship: Rockstag games

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back